Revis interview with Mike Francesa

PhinHater

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been listening to the entire show and Mike did nothing wrong - and even went so far as to back his statement up by saying Jon Gruden even called it a penalty. Revis overreacted. Then Jets PR guy jumped in and pulled the plug on the call. You guys might not like Mike but pull your fingers out of your ears. Revis and the Jets handled this poorly, but it makes for great entertainment - if Ryan isn't sticking his foot in his mouth, the players are doing it.

This is ridiculous. Gruden cried on and on about it like an absolute child for the entire game, it was embarrassing, and he was dead wrong the entire time. That's not backing it up, all the fatass did is found an excuse to crap on the Jets as much as possible, and Gruden gave him the avenue to do that. Pointing to someone else who was wrong doesn't make him right. Hell, after the game it came up because of Gruden's incessant whining and even Steve Young, a HOF QB who's not exactly about to needlessly rush to the defense of a defender, pointed out that Marshall bulldozed into Revis on the play. The only mistake anyone involving the Jets made was Revis for calling that dipsh*t in the first place.

I've been listening to the entire show and Mike did nothing wrong - and even went so far as to back his statement up by saying Jon Gruden even called it a penalty. Revis overreacted. Then Jets PR guy jumped in and pulled the plug on the call. You guys might not like Mike but pull your fingers out of your ears. Revis and the Jets handled this poorly, but it makes for great entertainment - if Ryan isn't sticking his foot in his mouth, the players are doing it.

I disagree. Countless other analysis have said it wasn't. Either way there's a split on opinion so it wasn't an automatic like Francessa made it out to be and ANYONE watching the game would have seen both sides playing physical and not getting the calls. Hanging up on the fat useless bastard is NOT handling it poorly imo.

Why is Francessa laughing about the idea that BM was tripping? He was clearly tripping!

Also, are you prohibited from touching a guy if they fall onto you? I don't get that. Marshall was basically tackling Revis (intentionally or not). He stayed on his feet by holding him up.

This is only one of the reason why I haven't watched his show in 2-3 years. One of the most unprofessional host's I've ever listened to. The only thing I enjoyed about this Revis interview, was Francesa announcing Revis as the best defensive player in football. Priceless. Now, with all that said, I'll go back to another 2-3 years of not watching his show. It's a waste of time watching someone who not only feels he's always right, but also hangs up on each and every caller who questions his thoughts. But yet, he questioned Revis for hanging up on him? That's when I turned the station. What a hypocrite. I rather waste my time watching Boomer & Carton. At least I get to hear about the Jets.

LOL wow i sense the dillusion getting deeper and deeper here - the comments only try to find new ways to attack someone's weight (which is hilarious, considering Ryan is among the fattest head coaches in the NFL.

@Bleedin ... So you want the Jets to continue to boycott the highest rated radio show in NY? That's a genius idea.

@Hess ... "countless" analysts? care to back up that statement with names/links?

Does anyone want to just admit that Revis should have just played along with Mike instead of crying "what do you know about football?" which was a moronic thing to say to a guy who's spent most of his life being a sports analyst.

LOL wow i sense the dillusion getting deeper and deeper here - the comments only try to find new ways to attack someone's weight (which is hilarious, considering Ryan is among the fattest head coaches in the NFL.

@Bleedin ... So you want the Jets to continue to boycott the highest rated radio show in NY? That's a genius idea.

@Hess ... "countless" analysts? care to back up that statement with names/links?

Does anyone want to just admit that Revis should have just played along with Mike instead of crying "what do you know about football?" which was a moronic thing to say to a guy who's spent most of his life being a sports analyst.

There was no reason for that INTERROGATION to last as long as it did, besides Mike being a Jets hater. He could have gotten a friendlier interview in Boston to be honest. Francesa's behavior was ridiculous and hopefully the Jets stay off his show again.

Well then I take it back, there were two mistakes made by the Jets today... first was Revis calling at all, the second was actually apologizing to that douchebag.

He also said Revis' agent called and said Revis wanted to continue the interview.

Not directly related to the topic at hand, but is anyone surprised a little by that video at just how fast Darelle Revis is? "Fast" is not a word that necessarily comes to mind with him but damn it looked like his strides were 5 yards a piece!

Revis' speed is definitely very underrated, I think probably because when he's running he seems to be moving so effortlessly. He's not one of those guys you see pushing so hard to get as fast as possible. And it's not like he's a bigger guy like Cromartie who's got these insanely long strides, so you don't expect it either. But first with that run down of Welker in the Pats game and then this, definitely just a couple of examples of how fast he can really move.

Steve Young, Trent Dilfer and well-known Rex-hater Skip teh toolbag Bayless

How much longer did you want them to sit there and have that conversation?

"No, it wasn't"

"Yes, it was"

"Wasn't!"

"Was!"

"Wasn't!"

"Was!"

Hang up.

I mean, you think he should have stayed on the line to have 10 more minutes of that? WASTE OF TIME! Good on the PR guy.

He carries on and on and on for over 5 minutes and he is on record for the fact that he hates the Jets. And then he plays the "what did I do?" card. He's an embarressment.

And Winley apologizing is not embarrassing to me, just goes to show he has more class than Francesa.

And Winley apologizing is not embarrassing to me, just goes to show he has more class than Francesa.

I agree. And what's funny is a guy with two posts is painting me a Jets homer which anyone who reads anything I ever write, knows I'm the farthest thing. But god forbid I see the Jets side for once. Francessa is a total loser and yep, he's a fat loser at that.

Archived