Revis interview with Mike Francesa

PhinHater

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Hess ... i apologize, Steve Young, Trent Dilfer and Skip Bayless is indeed "countless" analysts saying it wasn't pass interference (although I'm going to have to disagree with you as I'm seeing only reports that Young actually called it pass interference after the game).

Funny thing is I think Mike was actually joking around...he just pushed a little too much

Understood except maybe you'd think he understood who he was talking to, the guy has been RELENTLESS on his hatred for the Jets, has flat out admitted to it, so then he gets their best player on who was named D MVP for the week and badgers him to no end for 5 straight minutes about the guys best play of the game being a joke.

I especially like the part where Francesca says "this is why I don't talk to the Jets." Way to keep it classy.

How do you people listen to this fat douche? I really think the only reason he's still on the air is cause of jets fans who give him the publicity.

Isn't this the same guy who threw a hissy-fit this preseason because the Jets were completely blowing him off? He talks so much sh*t about the team so they want nothing to do with him, that's why he doesn't talk to the Jets.

@Hess ... i apologize, Steve Young, Trent Dilfer and Skip Bayless is indeed "countless" analysts saying it wasn't pass interference (although I'm going to have to disagree with you as I'm seeing only reports that Young actually called it pass interference after the game).

Post game there were 3 guys interviewing Revis, two of them weren't agreeing. I'll try and find it. It was late and I was bored half asleep listening to it. Bottom line we'll agree to disagree. Personally don't have any problem with your opinion other than I don't agree with it. Good luck. *Hugs & french kisses*

Understood except maybe you'd think he understood who he was talking to, the guy has been RELENTLESS on his hatred for the Jets, has flat out admitted to it, so then he gets their best player on who was named D MVP for the week and badgers him to no end for 5 straight minutes about the guys best play of the game being a joke.

Well in all fairness, being the kind of guy that he is, I'm sure Fatcessa did the same thing to Victor Cruz when he should have lost the Giants the game against the Cardinals, but the officials gave it back to them, right? I mean, he's such a fair and equal guy, so how could he not have.

@Hess ... sounds good. I saw/heard the clip of the INT with Gruden telling Jaworski that it was pass interference, but I can't find anything by Young or Dilfer. And the point isn't really if it was or wasn't pass interference - it's that Revis didn't play along or joke with Mike - I think it would have been funny if Revis had replied to Mike by sarcastically going "yah, sure, all my INTs are pass interference" instead of basically saying "you know nothing about football" ...

@Bleedin ... wow Fatcessa is awesome - you should copyright that one. I guess you have to make it a Jets-Giants thing. Were you sleeping when Mike interviewed Tiki Barber and bluntly said "you got fired because you were awful as a sportscaster" and Tiki cried like a baby.

Isn't this the same guy who threw a hissy-fit this preseason because the Jets were completely blowing him off? He talks so much sh*t about the team so they want nothing to do with him, that's why he doesn't talk to the Jets.

Listening to him after Revis hung up on him sounded like the boy who cried wolf. He was basically entertaining himself saying whatever to get more attention. "I was just kidding" "Gruden knew it was a penalty" "This is why I don't talk to Jets" Blah blah blah.

I've been listening to the entire show and Mike did nothing wrong - and even went so far as to back his statement up by saying Jon Gruden even called it a penalty. Revis overreacted. Then Jets PR guy jumped in and pulled the plug on the call. You guys might not like Mike but pull your fingers out of your ears. Revis and the Jets handled this poorly, but it makes for great entertainment - if Ryan isn't sticking his foot in his mouth, the players are doing it.

This is Revis' answer to that line of questioning: "Eh. Maybe. Haha."

Jets are dumb as f*ck in the PR department. The Giants have more thugs and get arrested more than the Jets, but look like choir boys because their PR department knows their sh*t. The Jets? They do not.

@Hess ... sounds good. I saw/heard the clip of the INT with Gruden telling Jaworski that it was pass interference, but I can't find anything by Young or Dilfer. And the point isn't really if it was or wasn't pass interference - it's that Revis didn't play along or joke with Mike - I think it would have been funny if Revis had replied to Mike by sarcastically going "yah, sure, all my INTs are pass interference" instead of basically saying "you know nothing about football" ...

Nice to meet you newbie.

So how is your job as Fat turd's producer turning out to be ?

From NYPOST:

Here is the transcript of the argument (as close as I could get with them sometimes talking over each other), starting after Francesa asked Revis about the play. Hat tip to SI.com’s Jimmy Traina for the link to the interview:

Darrelle Revis: The rules are very strict, they’re very tough. The refs do a great job, you know, if they see it they’ll throw the flag. If they don’t, they don’t. The game is going so fast so fast out there. But I didn’t mug Brandon Marshall. No, no, no.

Mike Francesa: You have him by … you go back.

DR: No I don’t. I watched the film.

MF: I want you to come in this studio with me when you have a chance …

DR: No.

MF: … and I will donate anything to your best charity if you tell me you don’t have him by the jersey 10 yards down the field.

DR: No. First of all, if you know football and you watch the film you can see he was tripping …

MR: [Laughing loudly]

DR: … and that was the only thing I could do is put my hands [inaudible]. Then when I see the ball, I move him out of the way, push him out of the way to get the interception. That’s not mugging him.

MF: Oh, that’s how you had his jersey. He fell into you.

DR: So you know football, dog?

MF: [Laughing loudly]

DR: You know football or you know how to ask questions?

MF: Hey, you can say whatever you want. You know you can’t touch him like that down the field.

DR: Do you know football or are you good at interviewing?

MF: I’m both.

DR: No, no you’re not. You’re good at one, and I’m good at one.

MF: You’re very good at one, but I know what I’m watching here. You know …

DR: You’re very good at one, too.

MF: You know you can’t touch him like that.

DR: Just keep it at that Mike.

MF: Listen, I will donate whatever you want … if you try to squirm out of this one.

DR: I don’t need no donations. I don’t need no donations, trust me.

MF: You know … hey listen, you can say whatever you want … wait you want to go on the record and say that’s not a penalty.

DR: A penalty? I can say whatever I want to say (voice raised). It’s not a penalty.

MF: Not a penalty?

DR: Did the ref throw the flag?

MF: No.

DR: OK then. It’s not a penalty

MF: He’s not allowed to miss one?

DR: It’s not a penalty. Just like the ref don’t throw the flag when he pushes off of me. I mean this is a game, brother. What are you talking about?

MF: I didn’t say you didn’t get away with one.

DR: There’s a number of things that go on on that field that you have no clue. But you know football.

MF: Wait a second. Aren’t you allowed to get away with one, though?

DR: There’s a whole bunch of things that go on on the field that you have no clue. So, what are you trying to say? Did they throw the flag? No they didn’t.

MF: No, they did not throw a flag.

DR: OK, so the play is the play.

MF: That doesn’t mean you didn’t get away with one.

DR: The play was the play. Actually, the ball was behind him anyway. He was nowhere in sight to catch the ball. So, what are you talking about? The ball was thrown way behind him. I had to move him out of the way to catch the ball.

MF: You are still the only one in the world who doesn’t think that was a penalty including the guys …

DR: I don’t care. I don’t care what everybody thinks. I don’t care what you think. I don’t care.

MF: Listen, I don’t expect you to care. It’s over with.

DR: I watched the film. You good at interviewing. I’m good at what I do. Just leave it at that.

MF: Wait a second, you trying to tell me that just because you’re a corner and I’m not that I can’t say that was a penalty. Now, come on.

DR: Dude, why because you got a radio station?

MF: No.

DR: Because you have an influential voice out here that you can say what you want to say?

MF: Yeah, that’s OK. I’m allowed to have an opinion.

DR: OK. That’s your opinion. Have you ever been out on that field?

MF: That doesn’t matter. That’s not fair.

DR: [inaudible]

MF: Hey, did Jon Gruden say that was a penalty?

DR: I don’t care who said it. Jon Gruden, you, whoever. I don’t care.

MF. Wait a second, so no one can have a …

Jared Winley: Darrelle, Darrelle, stop.

MF: Who’s that talking?

JW: This is Jared Winley, from the Jets PR staff.

DR: This is why no one wants to get interviewed by you.

MF: Oh stop. Wait a second. What are you getting on there for?

DR: Whatever, dude.

JW: Darrelle, hang up.

MF: What is he hanging up for?

Winley released a statement through the Jets later Friday afternoon.

It read: "In my judgment, given the tone of the interview, I should have asked Mike to move on to another topic, instead of instructing Darrelle to hang up the phone. That was an error on my part. I’ve called Mike’s producer and I apologized."

Damn, those are great comments. I'm either (a) Francesa, (B) a Giants troll, © Francesa's turd producer.

Sorry, Im none of the above. I'm a sports fan who has mastered the concept of independent thought.

I'm sorry that I'm not in agreement with all of you. I listened to the show and I think it's hilarious that Revis couldn't handle criticism (he's the best cornerback in the league right now, but just like Tiki Barber, he didn't like it when he ego wasn't being stroked.

I'm sorry that I'm not in agreement with all of you. I listened to the show and I think it's hilarious that Revis couldn't handle criticism (he's the best cornerback in the league right now, but just like Tiki Barber, he didn't like it when he ego wasn't being stroked.

It's not so much criticism as it is the approach. He wasn't even asking any real questions, the only thing he was doing was hammering the guy in an effort to get him to reinforce the narrative he'd already constructed prior to the interview. That is the absolute last thing any interviewer should be doing. Granted it's Francessa and everyone expects that of him by now, but I really can't blame anyone for just saying it's not worth the time once they realize what's going on.

Damn, those are great comments. I'm either (a) Francesa, ( B) a Giants troll, © Francesa's turd producer.

Sorry, Im none of the above. I'm a sports fan who has mastered the concept of independent thought.

Whats your profession ?

Archived