Edwards, Cotchery, Smith, Woody, Ellis, Richardson, Jenkins, Taylor, Ihedigbo, Gholston, Pryce, Weatherford, Coleman, Lowery.

JetsFanFromQueens

I've seen a recent trend of backlash in regards to our front office, especially Tannenbaum himself, who I've recently seen get thrown under the bus thus far through 6 weeks. My question is this. What have any of these players done this season, for their respected teams, that warrants this type of backlash in regards to our front office by the hands of our very own fan base? Lets take a closer look.

Edwards. 4 receptions, 48 yards, 0 TD's. Has played only two games.

Cotchery. 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TD's. Has yet to see the field in Pittsburgh.

Brad Smith. QB rating of 0. 70 rushing yards, 1 TD. 2 receptions, 25 yards, 0 TD's. 103 KR yards. 0 TD's.

Woody, Jenkins, Pryce and Richardson have all retirned. No team has yet to want their services. Why not? Are they done?

Ellis. 7 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles.

Ihedigbo. 17 tackles, 0 INT's, 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles.

Taylor. 4 tackles, 1 sack, 0 forced fumbles.

Gholston. Has yet to find a home.

Clemens. Is an American football quarterback who is currently a free agent of the National Football League

Weatherford. Ranks 27th with only 4 punts inside the 20.

What have any of these guys done, for the critics of Tanny to criticize on a consistant basis in regards to our offseason? I guess one could make a case for both Coleman and Lowery? Who's combined for 36 tackles, 1 sack, 3 forced fumbles and 2 INT's. But then again, it's kind of hard to make that case when the Jets defense ranks number one against the pass. I'm just wondering, where exactly did Tanny and our front office quote on quote "drop the ball" during the offseason?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nice!

Thanks. And a side note...

What seems to get lost in the fire, is that our front office has signed Revis, Ferguson, Mangold, Holmes, Harris and Cromartie long term dating back to last offseason. Something that some of these critics refuse to acknowledge.

Also... Lets not talk about the past, lets talk about production of this years season...

Plaxico has out performed Edwards.

Kerley has out perfored Cotchery.

McKnight has out performed Smith.

Wilkerson has out performed Ellis.

Maybin has out performed Gholston.

Westerman has out performed Taylor.

Conner has out performed Richardson.

K.Ellis has out performed Jenkins.

Dixon has out performed Pryce.

Wilson has been better for the Jets, than what Coleman has been for Jax.

As crazy as this sounds, but Hunter has out performed Woody.

Correct me where I'm wrong...

I've seen a recent trend of backlash in regards to our front office, especially Tannenbaum himself, who I've recently seen get thrown under the bus thus far through 6 weeks. My question is this. What have any of these players done this season, for their respected teams, that warrants this type of backlash in regards to our front office by the hands of our very own fan base? Lets take a closer look.

Edwards. 4 receptions, 48 yards, 0 TD's. Has played only two games.

Cotchery. 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TD's. Has yet to see the field in Pittsburgh.

Brad Smith. QB rating of 0. 70 rushing yards, 1 TD. 2 receptions, 25 yards, 0 TD's. 103 KR yards. 0 TD's.

Woody, Jenkins, Pryce and Richardson have all retirned. No team has yet to want their services. Why not? Are they done?

Ellis. 7 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles.

Ihedigbo. 17 tackles, 0 INT's, 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles.

Taylor. 4 tackles, 1 sack, 0 forced fumbles.

Gholston. Has yet to find a home.

Clemens. Is an American football quarterback who is currently a free agent of the National Football League

Weatherford. Ranks 27th with only 4 punts inside the 20.

What have any of these guys done, for the critics of Tanny to criticize on a consistant basis in regards to our offseason? I guess one could make a case for both Coleman and Lowery? Who's combined for 36 tackles, 1 sack, 3 forced fumbles and 2 INT's. But then again, it's kind of hard to make that case when the Jets defense ranks number one against the pass. I'm just wondering, where exactly did Tanny and our front office quote on quote "drop the ball" during the offseason?

Hey this game is fun! Santonio...50 million $ contract, locker room cancer, rank? #49

Plaxico Burress....Rank? #90

Derrick Mason...Rank? #122 (includes stats after trade)

Offensive line? offensive to say the least.

Draftees? Ducasse busts, McKnight and Wilson contribute but do not start. Not unlike our UDFA's Except Westerman. He starts. But sucks. So...no pass rush...again.

But at least we got that Oline depth we were so worried about! Baxter and Shladeraff FTW!

Of course we had to pool our resources and neglect depth so that we could have the best cornerback in the league. What's that? We already have the best cornerback in the league? **** it. Lets get the next best too! We'll be awesome! C'mon guys, let's put all our eggs in one basket! What could possibly go wrong? Amirite?

Getting rid of Gholston listed as a positive move. Wow. He drafted and paid that load to begin with.

No teams interested in Richardson Woody Jenkins and Pryce. Newsflash: We were interested in Woody. we just dropped the ball. We need Hunter like we need the clap. Jenkins cannot play anymore. This has nothng to do with Tanny. Who kept him and paid him for two seasons BTW. Pryce? Should have never worn green in the first place. He was finished before we ever got him. Bad Tanny move, not good Tanny move. Richardson. He said goodbye. We stuck with Connor. This was a downgrade (See: rushing stats) but inevitable. Not a genius Tanny move.

Ihedigbo? Getting rid of him was good how, again? Oh, that's right...we're stacked at safety. After we have Lowe...uhhh...two guys and Tyrone Poole. So, yeah, let Digger go. he cost us a fortune!

Taylor? LMAO Tanny BROUGHT HIM HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE...so lets applaud releasing him. Awesome job Tanny. Just awesome. He was a true Jet and we'll miss him.

Wetherford? No biggie. But he ranks 8th according to ESPN, not 27th. And he has an average of 46.4 yards per punt, to Conley's 44 yards. Moot. Not a great Tanny move. He just got rid of someone Westy hated.

So...remember. There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. They work anyway you want to spin them. Here's one you can't spin: 3-3. And even our wins were ugly as hell. Explain to me how Tanny made us better again? I admire your positivity, but I just can't get on board. Hopefully my mind gets changed this week.

Why do you keep saying we have no pass rush? We are rushing the sh*t out of the passer. Highly ranked in sacks and teams can't pass against us.

I also don't understand how people can complain about trying to sign Asomugha. Cromartie has been all over the map and he is one of the better CBs in the NFL. If they had Asomugha every game would be like the Jacksonville game. Doesn't that sound nice? That is what that cap space was cleared for in the first place. You know the cap space you are bitching about. Not to bring in a washed up 3rd tier guard to play RT because "anybody would be better".

Why do you keep saying we have no pass rush? We are rushing the sh*t out of the passer. Highly ranked in sacks and teams can't pass against us.

I also don't understand how people can complain about trying to sign Asomugha. Cromartie has been all over the map and he is one of the better CBs in the NFL. If they had Asomugha every game would be like the Jacksonville game. Doesn't that sound nice? That is what that cap space was cleared for in the first place. You know the cap space you are bitching about. Not to bring in a washed up 3rd tier guard to play RT because "anybody would be better".

So you're saying teams can't pass against us? But clearing cap space to bring in a better corner was a good way to prioritize our resources? I don't get it. Also, we didn't get Aso, never sealed that deal. So how was this not a tactical error?

What a tool post. Nice insight there buddy.

Santonio...50 million $ contract, locker room cancer, rank? #49

Holmes: 20 receptions, 287 receptions, 3 TD's.

Edwards: 4 receptions, 48 yards, 0 TD's.

Burress: 14 receptions, 218 yards, 2 TD's.

Cotchery: 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TD's.

So, you cry about Holmes being a "cancer", but then, cry after we released a locker room cancer, and got a draft pick out of it? Hmm... Hypocritical, much? The FA signing of Mason was the idea of our head coach. Rex Ryan. Same goes for Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard. Ex Ravens. Get a clue guy.

Do you not give Tanny credit for the draftings of an All-Pro LT and future HOF Center in Ferguson and Mangold? Have you not gave credit to Tanny over the past two years, when in 09 we ranked #1 in rushing yards and broke a franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season and also finished top 5 in rushing last year? I guess it's Tanny fault that Mangold got hurt for 2+ games and our backup Turner went down for the season. If you haven't watched the Jets over the past two weeks, our offensive line has improved against NE and Miami. Hunter also played lights out last week.

Draftees? Ducasse busts,

So, you harp all over Tanny for a bad draft pick? Funny. Name me one GM, who hasn't missed at least 5 draft picks over the years. What about Mangold, Revis, Ferguson, Keller, Wilkerson, K.Ellis, Kerley, Sanchez, McKnight, Greene, Wilson, Slauson, Harris etc. Or dating back to 2006... Brad Smith, Leon, etc. Yeah, some critic of Tanny you've become. It's funny you're crying over a project offensive lineman in regards to Vlad, but also refuse to give credit for two potential HOF lineman at the LT and Center positions in Ferguson and Mangold. Who were both drafted by Tanny. Name me 3 GM's who've drafted better than Tanny since 2006. I'll call you a liar. Also, name the draft picks they've drafted. Guarantee that won't happen. I'll be waiting Mr.Critic with no insight.

McKnight and Wilson contribute but do not start.

McKnight isn't a starter? Last time I checked, not only does Joe McKnight start for our special teams unit, but he also leads the league in kick returns. So it's Tanny's fault that we have Greene and Tomlinson ahead of a 2nd year back in McKnight? Who's also being used as a WR? Nice to know. And it's Tanny's fault that Wilson isn't a starter over Revis and a former All-Pro CB in Cromartie? Wilson is our nickel back, and has been the best nickel back in the league, but yet... He's not a starter? :lamo:

Not unlike our UDFA's Except Westerman. He starts. But sucks.

So, it's now became Tanny's fault that Westerman starts, all because Thomas got hurt for the season? Which All-Pro OLB should Tanny have signed as a backup, to backup Thomas once he got hurt? Westerman has been a starter for two games, and already has 16 tackles and 2.5 sacks. Yeah, the same player Rex Ryan loves in Westerman... "Sucks". I guess Maybin and his 2 sacks, NFL leading 3 forced fumbles also "sucks"?

So...no pass rush...again.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Buffalo Bills? Who only have 4 sacks on the season. Our pass rush "sucks"... "again"..? That's funny, because the last time I checked, we ranked 3rd in defensive sacks, with 17 to be exact. Yup, we rank 3rd in sacks "without" a pass rush.

Getting rid of Gholston listed as a positive move. Wow. He drafted and paid that load to begin with.

So... You only talk about the negative, and refuse to give credit for the great draft picks of Tanny? Funny how this works. I'm done with you and your tool reply.

So you're saying teams can't pass against us? But clearing cap space to bring in a better corner was a good way to prioritize our resources? I don't get it. Also, we didn't get Aso, never sealed that deal. So how was this not a tactical error?

Yes. I am saying that. We would have another CB that would fill in and make tackles against the run and would be able to scheme against the run without worrying about which Cromartie showed up this week - Pettine's quote.

We rank #1 against the pass, ahead of the Ravens, with a rating of 62.1 against the pass. We rank #3 in the league with 17 sacks. Only behind the Giants and Eagles. We've only allowed 3 TD's through the air; ranking 1st. We have 9 INT's on the year, ranking 3rd only behind the Bills and Packers. We also rank 2nd, with defensive takeaways.

But yeah, we have "no" pass rush.

The problem with playing the what if game is that the NFL is so team specific that one mans trash if often another teams treasure. If Ellis was still here (and I agree with their decision to move away) he would play more of a role in NY than he does in NE. The Jets run defense is not good and alot of that is poor play from the rookie. Ellis would probably get those snaps if he was still in Jet green. That doesnt benefit the Jets long term but short term it does. The one position they missed on was WR2. Again I understand why they moved away from BE. He had much different demands to come back here than he had to play in SF, but you can not objectively watch the games and say they do not miss a player like him. Last year Braylon was the Jets big play guy and he cleared out the entire middle of the field for Holmes and Keller. Plax uses his size better than Edwards and was (is?) a better all around talent, but this offense needs a sideline streaker and Plax isnt that. The team may have misjudged the contribution BE made to the passing game and the offense is stagnant because of it.

Sorry, sirlance but JetsFanFromQueens was already winning this argument and I think he just delivered the knock out blow.

He's just a love you when your up, kick you when your down, what have you done lately for me type of fan. Dime a dozen. He's the type of fan that will harp all over Tanny for the drafting of Vlad (who's only a 2nd year player) but yet, at the same time, ignore the fact that Tanny has drafted us two potential HOF players in Ferguson and Mangold, at two of the most important positions in football. He says our pass rush sucks "again", despite the fact that we rank 3rd in sacks. QB's have been under pressure all season.

I can go on and on... He's yet to make any sense as a poster.

What a tool post. Nice insight there buddy.

Holmes: 20 receptions, 287 receptions, 3 TD's.

Edwards: 4 receptions, 48 yards, 0 TD's.

Burress: 14 receptions, 218 yards, 2 TD's.

Cotchery: 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TD's.

So, you cry about Holmes being a "cancer", but then, cry after we released a locker room cancer, and got a draft pick out of it? Hmm... Hypocritical, much? The FA signing of Mason was the idea of our head coach. Rex Ryan. Same goes for Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard. Ex Ravens. Get a clue guy.

Do you not give Tanny credit for the draftings of an All-Pro LT and future HOF Center in Ferguson and Mangold? Have you not gave credit to Tanny over the past two years, when in 09 we ranked #1 in rushing yards and broke a franchise record for most rushing yards during a single season and also finished top 5 in rushing last year? I guess it's Tanny fault that Mangold got hurt for 2+ games and our backup Turner went down for the season. If you haven't watched the Jets over the past two weeks, our offensive line has improved against NE and Miami. Hunter also played lights out last week.

So, you harp all over Tanny for a bad draft pick? Funny. Name me one GM, who hasn't missed at least 5 draft picks over the years. What about Mangold, Revis, Ferguson, Keller, Wilkerson, K.Ellis, Kerley, Sanchez, McKnight, Greene, Wilson, Slauson, Harris etc. Or dating back to 2006... Brad Smith, Leon, etc. Yeah, some critic of Tanny you've become. It's funny you're crying over a project offensive lineman in regards to Vlad, but also refuse to give credit for two potential HOF lineman at the LT and Center positions in Ferguson and Mangold. Who were both drafted by Tanny. Name me 3 GM's who've drafted better than Tanny since 2006. I'll call you a liar. Also, name the draft picks they've drafted. Guarantee that won't happen. I'll be waiting Mr.Critic with no insight.

McKnight isn't a starter? Last time I checked, not only does Joe McKnight start for our special teams unit, but he also leads the league in kick returns. So it's Tanny's fault that we have Greene and Tomlinson ahead of a 2nd year back in McKnight? Who's also being used as a WR? Nice to know. And it's Tanny's fault that Wilson isn't a starter over Revis and a former All-Pro CB in Cromartie? Wilson is our nickel back, and has been the best nickel back in the league, but yet... He's not a starter? :lamo:

So, it's now became Tanny's fault that Westerman starts, all because Thomas got hurt for the season? Which All-Pro OLB should Tanny have signed as a backup, to backup Thomas once he got hurt? Westerman has been a starter for two games, and already has 16 tackles and 2.5 sacks. Yeah, the same player Rex Ryan loves in Westerman... "Sucks". I guess Maybin and his 2 sacks, NFL leading 3 forced fumbles also "sucks"?

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Buffalo Bills? Who only have 4 sacks on the season. Our pass rush "sucks"... "again"..? That's funny, because the last time I checked, we ranked 3rd in defensive sacks, with 17 to be exact. Yup, we rank 3rd in sacks "without" a pass rush.

So... You only talk about the negative, and refuse to give credit for the great draft picks of Tanny? Funny how this works. I'm done with you and your tool reply.

I'm not going to continue football discourse with you. I disagree man, that's all. I don't hate you. And I certainly don't insult you. Would you rather i just nodded and agreed with everything you post, when i have a different opinion? I'll stop responding if it hurts your feelings to have someone argue football with you. I don't have any hard feelings towards you whatsoever. i just don't agree. i think the whole "tool" thing is incredibly immature on your part. It doesn't solve anything. I've been around a long time and haven't been banned or made any real enemies, simply because i realize discourse and opinion are not the measure of a person. I'd rather state my opinion, crack a joke and move on. Lighten up, please. You are taking me way too seriously regardless of my football opinions. It's more fun to just let it roll off your back, man. We root for a team. That's our connection. beyond that I don't see any reason to belittle you or anyone else. So stop being a douchebag please. thanks in advance. SLM.

Aso would have been a luxury. The cap space was never cleared specifically for him. It really was cleared for 2012 and if he signed here and used it up so be it, the Jets felt it was worth it for the upgraded talent. But they did not clear it just to bring in Aso. The Jets also have structured a number of these deals in hopes of trading the player if he flops (Holmes, Harris, and Cro primarily) and letting someone else pick up the big portion of the contract.

He's just a love you when your up, kick you when your down, what have you done lately for me type of fan. Dime a dozen. He's the type of fan that will harp all over Tanny for the drafting of Vlad (who's only a 2nd year player) but yet, at the same time, ignore the fact that Tanny has drafted us two potential HOF players in Ferguson and Mangold, at two of the most important positions in football. He says our pass rush sucks "again", despite the fact that we rank 3rd in sacks. QB's have been under pressure all season.

Ferguson is not a Hall of Famer. Mangold might be. Revis is going to be. Ferguson isnt anywhere near that level. Hes pretty much a decent draft choice considering where he was selected. Hes not thebest and certainly not the worst. He is somewhere in between. But its ridiculous to claim that the Jets drafts since Harris have been any good. Guys like Greene (who will probably be a reserve soon) and Slauson are starters because there is nobody else. Thats different than being a starter based on merit. Gholston stunk. Sanchez hasnt been great. Keller has underperformed. Wilson is a 4th or 3rd corner. The Jets have not hit a double, let alone a home run, since the Harris selection in 2007.

I'm just a terrible Jets fan, man. You win. Our team is terrific. Tanny has done an awesome Job. we are super bowl bound. Awesome. Now relax for God's sake. Oh, and our pass rush does suck. it sucks. it has sucked and continuess to suck. You can have a sucky pass rush when you have a good secondary. Which we do. So lets not pretend we've got an awesome pass rush. That is absolute silly nonsense. We have Revis and Cro. Thus we have sacks. All the more reason ASO was a waste of time. but whatever, i'm not going on further with this. You've been insulting, without being funny. i can take an isult if its funny. But i don't appreciate them as much if they are simply meant to belittle.

Aso would have been a luxury. The cap space was never cleared specifically for him. It really was cleared for 2012 and if he signed here and used it up so be it, the Jets felt it was worth it for the upgraded talent. But they did not clear it just to bring in Aso. The Jets also have structured a number of these deals in hopes of trading the player if he flops (Holmes, Harris, and Cro primarily) and letting someone else pick up the big portion of the contract.

Agreed. My point was that space was cleared for a special player, not some borderline possibly better rental - which ironically is exactly what Sir Lance is complaining about.

Agreed. My point was that space was cleared for a special player, not some borderline possibly better rental - which ironically is exactly what Sir Lance is complaining about.

No i wasn't actually complaining about that at all. I was arguing that we had more pressing needs than cornerback. We didn't need Aso. The #1 ranking against the pass is a testament to that.

Yeah. I think the Jets front office has always had an eye towards 2012 and 2013 moreso than "going for it all" in 2011. I know plans change often in the NFL, but when the Jets made the moves they did in 2008 I really believe they were done with a 3 year window in mind. When the 2008 draft busted that makes 2011 a bit of a retooling season. If the team thought this was a SB or bust year I think guys like Ellis, Woody, and possibly Jenkins would all have been brought back.

No i wasn't actually complaining about that at all. I was arguing that we had more pressing needs than cornerback. We didn't need Aso. The #1 ranking against the pass is a testament to that.

Dude, don't change your tune now. You have repeatedly complained about using temporary rentals rather than developing our own players. I think you have a good point about the pass defense being good enough without Asomugha. I would have loved to have him, you wouldn't. That's fair enough and your point in that particular post, but don't contradict 30 other posts you've made.

For the record, I don't dispute your fandom. You can be just as much of a fan as me when you don't like Tannenbaum and want him fired. I continued to root for them under numerous coaches that I absolutely hated and wanted out. Joe Walton, Kotite. I always hated Parcells from his time with the Giants. It didn't make me root any less for the team or be any less of a fan. I think you are dead wrong on a ton of your football posts and specifically think that your desire for continuity while posting (it certainly seemed) in favor of firing Tannenbaum is a bit hypocritical. The same with your stated desire to develop our own players while bitching about ANY deficiency of our younger players and outright stating that Westerman sucks. Westerman has started one game and looked solid. Why exactly does he suck? If it's because he didn't look as good as Bryan Thomas, a 10 year vet, 1st round pick, in his first start that doesn't sound like you want to develop our players.

Thanks. And a side note...

What seems to get lost in the fire, is that our front office has signed Revis, Ferguson, Mangold, Holmes, Harris and Cromartie long term dating back to last offseason. Something that some of these critics refuse to acknowledge.

Also... Lets not talk about the past, lets talk about production of this years season...

Plaxico has out performed Edwards.

Kerley has out perfored Cotchery.

McKnight has out performed Smith.

Wilkerson has out performed Ellis.

Maybin has out performed Gholston.

Westerman has out performed Taylor.

Conner has out performed Richardson.

K.Ellis has out performed Jenkins.

Dixon has out performed Pryce.

Wilson has been better for the Jets, than what Coleman has been for Jax.

As crazy as this sounds, but Hunter has out performed Woody.

Correct me where I'm wrong...

I'd rather not correct you. What I will do is NEVER take you seriously.

Edit: Better yet, I'll correct you.

Edwards: 5-1

Ellis: 5-1

Cotchery: 4-2

Smith: 4-2

Taylor: Andrew Luck (lol).

And that Hunter comment is ridiculous.

Hey this game is fun! Santonio...50 million $ contract, locker room cancer, rank? #49

Draftees? Ducasse busts, McKnight and Wilson contribute but do not start. Not unlike our UDFA's Except Westerman. He starts. But sucks. So...no pass rush...again.

But at least we got that Oline depth we were so worried about! Baxter and Shladeraff FTW!

Of course we had to pool our resources and neglect depth so that we could have the best cornerback in the league. What's that? We already have the best cornerback in the league? **** it. Lets get the next best too! We'll be awesome! C'mon guys, let's put all our eggs in one basket! What could possibly go wrong? Amirite?

No teams interested in Richardson Woody Jenkins and Pryce. Newsflash: We were interested in Woody. we just dropped the ball. We need Hunter like we need the clap. Jenkins cannot play anymore. This has nothng to do with Tanny. Who kept him and paid him for two seasons BTW. Pryce? Should have never worn green in the first place. He was finished before we ever got him. Bad Tanny move, not good Tanny move. Richardson. He said goodbye. We stuck with Connor. This was a downgrade (See: rushing stats) but inevitable. Not a genius Tanny move.

Ihedigbo? Getting rid of him was good how, again? Oh, that's right...we're stacked at safety. After we have Lowe...uhhh...two guys and Tyrone Poole. So, yeah, let Digger go. he cost us a fortune!

Taylor? LMAO Tanny BROUGHT HIM HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE...so lets applaud releasing him. Awesome job Tanny. Just awesome. He was a true Jet and we'll miss him.

Wetherford? No biggie. But he ranks 8th according to ESPN, not 27th. And he has an average of 46.4 yards per punt, to Conley's 44 yards. Moot. Not a great Tanny move. He just got rid of someone Westy hated.

So...remember. There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. They work anyway you want to spin them. Here's one you can't spin: 3-3. And even our wins were ugly as hell. Explain to me how Tanny made us better again? I admire your positivity, but I just can't get on board. Hopefully my mind gets changed this week.

Oh! Oh! Ohhhhh! It's a TKO!

Oh! Oh! Ohhhhh! It's a TKO!

yeah it was.

The Jets are 3-3 and looked bad in every game. But I guess that doesnt matter because we can sit in front of the computer and talk about the excellent draft picks of Revis, Mangold and D'brick. How many years ago was that by the way?

Now im not ragging on tanny here, im just saying that the excuses that some Jet fans are providing here are nothing but EXCUSES.

the jets need to win games and ultimately the SB so fans can stop living in the glory of drafting "Revis Island".

yeah it was.

The Jets are 3-3 and looked bad in every game. But I guess that doesnt matter because we can sit in front of the computer and talk about the excellent draft picks of Revis, Mangold and D'brick. How many years ago was that by the way?

Now im not ragging on tanny here, im just saying that the excuses that some Jet fans are providing here are nothing but EXCUSES.

the jets need to win games and ultimately the SB so fans can stop living in the glory of drafting "Revis Island".

When your roster is so top-heavy that the end result necessitates starting Eric Smith at FS, having no true TE, and relying on UDFA's and guys off the street to provide primary depth, your GM has probably over-played his hand along the way. Not to mention overestimating the ability of your young backfield (including the QB) to grow up right away and carry a team to the playoffs. Organizational arrogance at its finest.

Yeah. I think the Jets front office has always had an eye towards 2012 and 2013 moreso than "going for it all" in 2011. I know plans change often in the NFL, but when the Jets made the moves they did in 2008 I really believe they were done with a 3 year window in mind. When the 2008 draft busted that makes 2011 a bit of a retooling season. If the team thought this was a SB or bust year I think guys like Ellis, Woody, and possibly Jenkins would all have been brought back.

Out of curiosity, are they projected to have tons of cap room in 2012 and 13? Won't the impending Sanchez re-up and the inevitable Revis renegotiation eat up a lot of that space?

Also, I think relying on their drafting and FA signings would be a dubious path. They'll have mid-to-low firsts to find players with and, as this offseason has shown, the alleged "Rex Effect" whereby FA's are just dying to sign here is an outright myth. I'm praying they had a better plan in effect than relying on a few personnel coups next summer to elevate this club to elite status.

We rank #1 against the pass, ahead of the Ravens, with a rating of 62.1 against the pass. We rank #3 in the league with 17 sacks. Only behind the Giants and Eagles. We've only allowed 3 TD's through the air; ranking 1st. We have 9 INT's on the year, ranking 3rd only behind the Bills and Packers. We also rank 2nd, with defensive takeaways.

But yeah, we have "no" pass rush.

Is it safe to say our offense blows?

Out of curiosity, are they projected to have tons of cap room in 2012 and 13? Won't the impending Sanchez re-up and the inevitable Revis renegotiation eat up a lot of that space?

Also, I think relying on their drafting and FA signings would be a dubious path. They'll have mid-to-low firsts to find players with and, as this offseason has shown, the alleged "Rex Effect" whereby FA's are just dying to sign here is an outright myth. I'm praying they had a better plan in effect than relying on a few personnel coups next summer to elevate this club to elite status.

Not so much in 2012, but they should be fine in 2013. The point for 2012 was moreso that they need the room from this year to carry over to operate without issue next year. If they make all these little vet signings, like a few million for Ellis and Edwards, 2012 would be a killer year to operate. I think right now the Jets either have the highest cap money allocated to next year in the NFL or very close to the highest allocation. So an added 8 million to carry over is huge. In 2013 guys like Scott and Pace will be off the books with minimal cap implications and at this point Sanchez wont get a big money extension either. The one benefit to the Jets draft picks stinking these last few years is that they wont have a situation like the last one where they had 4 big money free agents basically come due at the same time. I think they are also done with the huge free agent moves at this point. I think the only position where they may jump into it if the right guy is available is at OLB when Pace is gone.

Archived