Edwards, Cotchery, Smith, Woody, Ellis, Richardson, Jenkins, Taylor, Ihedigbo, Gholston, Pryce, Weatherford, Coleman, Lowery.

JetsFanFromQueens

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen a recent trend of backlash in regards to our front office, especially Tannenbaum himself, who I've recently seen get thrown under the bus thus far through 6 weeks. My question is this. What have any of these players done this season, for their respected teams, that warrants this type of backlash in regards to our front office by the hands of our very own fan base? Lets take a closer look.

Edwards. 4 receptions, 48 yards, 0 TD's. Has played only two games.

Cotchery. 0 receptions, 0 yards, 0 TD's. Has yet to see the field in Pittsburgh.

Brad Smith. QB rating of 0. 70 rushing yards, 1 TD. 2 receptions, 25 yards, 0 TD's. 103 KR yards. 0 TD's.

Woody, Jenkins, Pryce and Richardson have all retirned. No team has yet to want their services. Why not? Are they done?

Ellis. 7 tackles, 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles.

Ihedigbo. 17 tackles, 0 INT's, 0 sacks, 0 forced fumbles.

Taylor. 4 tackles, 1 sack, 0 forced fumbles.

Gholston. Has yet to find a home.

Clemens. Is an American football quarterback who is currently a free agent of the National Football League

Weatherford. Ranks 27th with only 4 punts inside the 20.

What have any of these guys done, for the critics of Tanny to criticize on a consistant basis in regards to our offseason? I guess one could make a case for both Coleman and Lowery? Who's combined for 36 tackles, 1 sack, 3 forced fumbles and 2 INT's. But then again, it's kind of hard to make that case when the Jets defense ranks number one against the pass. I'm just wondering, where exactly did Tanny and our front office quote on quote "drop the ball" during the offseason?

Well, JFFG I usually agree with your posts, but this one is probably directed at me, so let me tell you why you are mistaken this time. lol My gripe with Tanny, which wa first off all exaggerated a bit from the Schotty threads, but my case was NOT that only who he let walk, but what he didn't do.

Of all the people named, the only ones I cared about were Brad Smith, Cothery, Edwards. It's unfair to look at what they are doing NOW because of injuries and personnel situations. Brad Smith is doing what he always did, making big plays on third down and bringing a dimension to the offense, FOR BUFFALO no less. He is NEVER gonna look good on a stat line, and you know as well as I that Cotchery is a baller, who was our number one receiver for a while and Edwards had a big year. Those are three major targets for Sanchez; they were all between 28-29 and they were replaced by a 37 year old who was collecting a last check and a 34 year old who was in jail for two years. These were poor moves, and remember when I said it, the offense looked horrible. Basically, there's no reason to believe that Edwards and Cothery would not have played this year when the past says otherwise.

Also, he passed up FA pass rushers, when that was our NUMBER ONE need, bar none. (our number two was to further develop Sanchez, not slap ten years on his receivers). You had Jenkins, Kawunuka......but all we heard about was the CB from the Raiders (incidently sending a warm message to Cromartie). So, again at the time I made the comment, Ellis had yet to see the field and Muhammad W. was silent,(and IDK how much of the draft is him and how much is the CS anyway but) in essence making his ONE move of the offseason...Aaron Maybin, Buffalo's VG.

That, JFFQ, is a sloppy offseason from a guy we expect more from. With that said, now Maybin looks like it could be a brilliant move, Plax is finding a groove (plus has a great QB), and Ellis is dressing out, so we'll see what happens. I might allow him to stay a year. lol

Archived