Talk about sore losers

nycdan

The guy has a point. That was one of the worst drills I've ever seen run. 1:40 left on the clock with a TO is a lifetime and they completely blew it. They looked completely unprepared and unorganized and I can honestly say that as happy as I am the Jets won, that had a lot less to do with our D and a whole lot to do with how bad of a game Norv coached.

Agreed. Worst 2 minute drill I've ever seen. But I think you are taking a lot credit away from what Pettine and Rex did to them in the 2nd half. Rivers was completely lost out there...he literally looked confused. The only plays that were worth a damn was when the Jets seemingly forgot to cover the TE.

I dont think Rivers has ever seen a game where he literally couldnt read what the Jets were trying to do. Him, Norv, whoever, were lost. They were seeing 8 in the box but they were all in coverage. The few times they rushed more than 4, coverage down field was spectacular.

Revis, Cro, Wilson - played outstanding. That was one of the better half time adjustments I've seen from the Jets.

But yes, Norv is horrible.

Agreed. Worst 2 minute drill I've ever seen. But I think you are taking a lot credit away from what Pettine and Rex did to them in the 2nd half. Rivers was completely lost out there...he literally looked confused. The only plays that were worth a damn was when the Jets seemingly forgot to cover the TE.

I dont think Rivers has ever seen a game where he literally couldnt read what the Jets were trying to do. Him, Norv, whoever, were lost. They were seeing 8 in the box but they were all in coverage. The few times they rushed more than 4, coverage down field was spectacular.

Revis, Cro, Wilson - played outstanding. That was one of the better half time adjustments I've seen from the Jets.

But yes, Norv is horrible.

My question is who the was Rivers yelling at after he inexplicably threw the ball away on fourth down? Also, what was he yelling at the ref for after Revis' interception?

He yells at people even more then Marino used to.

My question is who the was Rivers yelling at after he inexplicably threw the ball away on fourth down? Also, what was he yelling at the ref for after Revis' interception?

I read his llips and I thought he was asking Norv what down it was and then he started pointing to the stadium scoreboard. I think he was trying to say that maybe the stadium clock had it as 3rd down. The other thing that got me from the crybaby was after the Revis INT when he threw the ball into the stands Rivers starts pointing his finger calling for a flag.

I read his llips and I thought he was asking Norv what down it was and then he started pointing to the stadium scoreboard. I think he was trying to say that maybe the stadium clock had it as 3rd down. The other thing that got me from the crybaby was after the Revis INT when he threw the ball into the stands Rivers starts pointing his finger calling for a flag.

He's a tattletale in addition to being a whiny bitch?

I'm telling you, homey was lost out there. They got all up in his head snit.

The guy has a point. That was one of the worst drills I've ever seen run. 1:40 left on the clock with a TO is a lifetime and they completely blew it. They looked completely unprepared and unorganized and I can honestly say that as happy as I am the Jets won, that had a lot less to do with our D and a whole lot to do with how bad of a game Norv coached.

That last drive was so epically bad there's hardly any words to describe it. I was actually sitting there laughing because by the time they snapped the ball on play #2 you knew the Jets had won. It's amazing to me how people can watch something like that and still try to dismiss the importance of coaching in the NFL. That said, I still wouldn't take any credit away from the Jets on that one as both sides of the ball had one hell of a second half and in the end, despite the Chargers wasting away so much time, the Jets D still ended up getting the stop as opposed to the clock running out.

I actually agree. Much better than a Josh Mauga anyway. We should really get an athletic free safety in here next season. It is a weak link in a pretty strong chain. That being said, there IS a place for Eric Smith out there. He plays hard and is a good, hard hitting tackler. You need that. A reserve LB would fit IMO

Actually, Smith is a dogsh*t tackler. He gets so much credit for being a hard hitter, but it's because every tackle attempt is him diving into a guy, which also makes him miss more tackles than anyone. My personal favorite is that it's guaranteed at least once per game a RB or TE will catch the ball in the flat and you'll see Smith go diving right past him and completely whiff on the tackle as the guy turns upfield.

Actually, Smith is a dogsh*t tackler. He gets so much credit for being a hard hitter, but it's because every tackle attempt is him diving into a guy, which also makes him miss more tackles than anyone. My personal favorite is that it's guaranteed at least once per game a RB or TE will catch the ball in the flat and you'll see Smith go diving right past him and completely whiff on the tackle as the guy turns upfield.

If I had a dollar for every Smith whiff this year I'd have about 80 bucks!

If Smith would learn how to wrap up up a runner and toss him to the ground instead of trying to make the friggin' highlight reel with a questionable and usually illegal hit, he might become a pretty good strong safety.

After the Revis pick, I seriously think Rivers wanted a flag on Revis for throwing the ball into the stands. Weak.

in the end, despite the Chargers wasting away so much time, the Jets D still ended up getting the stop as opposed to the clock running out.

The Chargers wasting so much time is partly why we GOT the 4-down stop though. On that last play it was 4th & 3, and they hoisted it deep because they needed to get far enough down field for one final end zone attempt. They couldn't afford to just settle for trying to get the first down.

Still, the defense pitched a shutout in the 2nd half and only allowed 14 points to one of the most potent offenses in the game. They deserve more credit for that than they do for San Diego's awful last drive. I think the Chargers were so rattled that it affected them in that last drive anyways.

More crying...

Chargers’ Jammer says refs gave Jets the game

Posted by Michael David Smith on October 24, 2011, 8:33 AM EDT

San Diego Chargers Quentin Jammer interferes with New York Jets Santonio Holmes in NFL football game in East Rutherford Reuters

Chargers cornerback Quentin Jammer blasted the officiating following Sunday’s loss to the Jets, saying “consistently bad” calls cost the Chargers the game.

“No way it was called fairly,” Jammer told the New York Post. “No way. Not at all. It wasn’t called fairly at all. Maybe I’m being biased, but I’m just judging off what I saw. It wasn’t a fair game called.”

The Chargers were flagged for 13 penalties on Sunday, including two pass interference calls against Jammer. One of those two was a huge shift in the game, giving the Jets 20 yards and a first down on a third-down incompletion. Jammer, who was covering Santonio Holmes on both plays, did not agree with the penalties.

“When you’re not getting the chance to play the way you play, it’s upsetting,” Jammer said. “I mean, football is a contact sport. There’s going to be contact. Receivers make contact and corners make contact, so at some point you’ve just got to let us play.”

And Jammer wasn’t able to play Holmes the way he wanted.

Jammer is right about the WAY the officials are calling these games this year. Greenie made a great point this morning saying that on EVERY icomplete pass you're either looking for or expecting a PI flag to get thrown. This has been a bad year for the zebras man, maybe the worst ever-there's no consistency from game to game.

Jammer is right about the WAY the officials are calling these games this year. Greenie made a great point this morning saying that on EVERY icomplete pass you're either looking for or expecting a PI flag to get thrown. This has been a bad year for the zebras man, maybe the worst ever-there's no consistency from game to game.

That was bad call IMO. Still, at that point in the game the Chargers were imploding and the Jets were still shutting down their offense.

That was bad call IMO. Still, at that point in the game the Chargers were imploding and the Jets were still shutting down their offense.

I don't just mean that call bro, I mean Jammer was faceguarding Tone, he had no idea where the ball was. I mean how from week to week whatever crew is calling the games makes a HUGE difference. Look at that Revis INT last week compared to what happened the week before against New England. The Pats have actually DESIGNED a play where the receiver runs as fast as he can and smashes into the defender and gets the call every time. It's bullsh*te

I disagree. Jammer made contact, shielded Holmes' eyes with his hand and never turned around to even look for the ball. You're gonna see that flagg thrown more often than not. Hell, WIlson got flagged for the exact same thing on at least three occaisions last year that I can think of off the top of my head.

If Jammer can't figure out how to properly play his position it ain't the refs fault.

It also wasn't that crucial of a call if you ask me. The Jets already had the lead, there was less than five minutes to go and the Chargers hadn't done crap on offense since midway throught the second quarter.

I don't just mean that call bro, I mean Jammer was faceguarding Tone, he had no idea where the ball was. I mean how from week to week whatever crew is calling the games makes a HUGE difference. Look at that Revis INT last week compared to what happened the week before against New England. The Pats have actually DESIGNED a play where the receiver runs as fast as he can and smashes into the defender and gets the call every time. It's bullsh*te

There's definitely an uneven fairness to certain teams in the league and what calls they get.

I disagree. Jammer made contact, shielded Holmes' eyes with his hand and never turned around to even look for the ball. You're gonna see that flagg thrown more often than not. Hell, WIlson got flagged for the exact same thing on at least three occaisions last year that I can think of off the top of my head.

If Jammer can't figure out how to properly play his position it ain't the refs fault.

It also wasn't that crucial of a call if you ask me. The Jets already had the lead, there was less than five minutes to go and the Chargers hadn't done crap on offense since midway throught the second quarter.

I'll agree to disagree. I thought he got his hand in there at the right time from the replays. But either way you're right, the Jets already had the lead, the Chargers were imploding and the game was running away from them. Whether they got that call or not I don't think it would have affected the outcome of the game.

I think the call was a little shaky. I like to see the referees let defensive backs play though, because I think on balance it tends to favor the Jets if the secondary can be physical with receivers.

I agree that it didn't really matter though. Rivers checked out after the Revis pick.

There's no doubt the officiating yesterday was awful, and it went more in the Jets favor than it did the Chargers, but to blame that as the reason they lost is absolutely pathetic. The Jets have been on the other side of that same situation numerous times this season and as much as it pissed me off in those games, I was never going to use that as the excuse for why the Jets lost. Reason being, just like the Jets in those games, the Chargers in this game would have won if they played better, regardless of the officiating, and it's just as simple as that. The refs didn't throw a single flag on that last Chargers drive when they had almost 2 minutes to score a TD for the win, and the Chargers coaches and players just sat their and sh*t themselves, so what's the excuse for that? What a freakin' crybaby.

It's amazing how when the Jets are getting raped by officials for weeks there's not a single word about it, then when things finally start going well for them we have a whole week of news about a non-call on Revis' INT (which was a correct non-call) and now endless whining because for a nice change the calling went more in favor of the Jets than their opponents. Don't get me wrong, I know the officiating was crap and I'd be pissed too if I was a Chargers' fan, but there's a difference between that and media coverage of it and whining players.

Phil Rivers completed 50% of his passes for less than 200 yards and 2 INTs. McMichael can go screw.

The safeties get killed but for the most part they're competent, albeit limited players. The CBs more than cover that, because there really isn't a better 3 man combo on a team. Maaaaaaybe the Eagles...

I'm already looking at those Alabama safeties...

Phil Rivers completed 50% of his passes for less than 200 yards and 2 INTs. McMichael can go screw.

The safeties get killed but for the most part they're competent, albeit limited players. The CBs more than cover that, because there really isn't a better 3 man combo on a team. Maaaaaaybe the Eagles...

I'm already looking at those Alabama safeties...

word. the safety play wasn't outstanding, but they held Gates to 5 for 54 and a score. Not terrible considering San Diego couldn't do sh*t on the outside.

Agree 100%

Jammer turns around, and it's an excellent play. If a player doesn't turn around there the flag will get thrown 90% of the time.

Unless it's Revis of course

There's no doubt the officiating yesterday was awful, and it went more in the Jets favor than it did the Chargers, but to blame that as the reason they lost is absolutely pathetic. The Jets have been on the other side of that same situation numerous times this season and as much as it pissed me off in those games, I was never going to use that as the excuse for why the Jets lost. Reason being, just like the Jets in those games, the Chargers in this game would have won if they played better, regardless of the officiating, and it's just as simple as that. The refs didn't throw a single flag on that last Chargers drive when they had almost 2 minutes to score a TD for the win, and the Chargers coaches and players just sat their and sh*t themselves, so what's the excuse for that? What a freakin' crybaby.

It's amazing how when the Jets are getting raped by officials for weeks there's not a single word about it, then when things finally start going well for them we have a whole week of news about a non-call on Revis' INT (which was a correct non-call) and now endless whining because for a nice change the calling went more in favor of the Jets than their opponents. Don't get me wrong, I know the officiating was crap and I'd be pissed too if I was a Chargers' fan, but there's a difference between that and media coverage of it and whining players.

The amount of flags were ridiculous, I heard somewhere after the game that Ron Winter (the official for that game) and his crew throw more flags then any other crew in the league

Archived