Tony Sparano pleas to refs saying “Now I’m getting fired”

dolphann4life

Tony Sparano pleas to refs saying “Now I’m getting fired”

by: Omar Kelly October 24th, 2011 | 10:20 AM

It is never appropriate to eavesdrop. But sometimes it’s necessary, and the information acquired is revealing.

That was the case on the sidelines of Sunday’s 18-15 overtime loss in the fourth quarter when CBS4 caught a desperate Tony Sparano making a plea for the game’s referees to review Demaryius Thomas’ 5-yard touchdown catch, which appeared to be a drop.

Every touchdown is supposed to be reviewed, but Sparano had to call a timeout to encourage the game’s officials to examine the catch, which trimmed Miami’s lead to 15-7 with 2:44 left in the game.

Sparano was clearly frustrated and CBS4’s cameras caught him venting, telling two officials: “ If I don’t call timeout we’re all (explicit). Now I’m getting fired.”

Sparano, whose team is 0-6, was clearly making his case for a review, which happened, but didn’t get the touchdown catch overturned.

The statement from the Dolphins’ head coach was revealing, and hints at his understanding of how unstable his footing is.

While sources tell the Sun-Sentinel Sparano is safe for now, common sense tells us it’s only a matter of time before he’s fired.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2011/10/tony-sparano-pleas-to-refs-saying-now-im-getting-fired.html

LOL

You think he lasts the season?

Just when you think it couldn't get anymore embarrassing it does. The majority down here wants to keep Tony onboard to avoid getting a spark from a interim coach and going on to win maybe 1-3 games and losing out on the #1 overall pick. I'm sick of seeing him and wish he would be terminated immediatley but i say we keep him until the season is over.

Just when you think it couldn't get anymore embarrassing it does. The majority down here wants to keep Tony onboard to avoid getting a spark from a interim coach and going on to win maybe 1-3 games and losing out on the #1 overall pick. I'm sick of seeing him and wish he would be terminated immediatley.

I love this. Every single sentence in this post makes me very, very happy.

You think he lasts the season?

At this point (if you listen to so Fla sports radio) the Dolphins fans are all pretty untited on 3 things; Sporano and Ireland must go and that they hope the Dolphins go 0-16 so they can get Andrew Luck. It's horrible. What a miserable existence as a sports fan. We Jets fans know, we went through the whole Reggis Bush or was it McFadden are the 2nd coming of The Savior back in 2005.

Just when you think it couldn't get anymore embarrassing it does. The majority down here wants to keep Tony onboard to avoid getting a spark from a interim coach and going on to win maybe 1-3 games and losing out on the #1 overall pick. I'm sick of seeing him and wish he would be terminated immediatley but i say we keep him until the season is over.

What's funny is that I'd like to see him get fired just so they do get that interim coach bump. Lol! Be good to see a guy like Nolan do just enough to keep the job next year.

Sparano's a Peter Principle guy. He'll land another job quickly in the NFL, but he'll never be a head coach again.

Yesterday was a fun day.

We had a table full of Fish fans sitting next to us. When the Jets were down 14-3 and the Fish were up 6-0 you would have thought they were beating the Jets in the Super Bowl 35-0. Mouths wouldn't stop.

They didn't stay for the OT. When they all got up and left they got a J-E-T-S.

Good times

Yeah, and their defense is absolute garbage without having a HOF qb to give them a lead.

I live in South Florida, and watch all the Fish games including preseason. I thought they would be an 8-8 kind of team this year.

IMO they don't have a bad D. They just have no heart, and have just quit. Ross is going to have to fire Sparano or they are truly going to have a empty stadium.

The OT was really embarrassing. The only people left in the stadium were all wearing Gator's Tebow jerseys.

I was looking for JIF

I live in South Florida, and watch all the Fish games including preseason. I thought they would be an 8-8 kind of team this year.

IMO they don't have a bad D. They just have no heart, and have just quit. Ross is going to have to fire Sparano or they are truly going to have a empty stadium.

The OT was really embarrassing. The only people left in the stadium were all wearing Gator's Tevo jerseys.

I was looking for JIF

That's just sad.

I still think Caldwell is the worst HC out there because his whole team was built around Manning and only him. Their defense is nothing without their HOF QB, which is pretty sad. And not to mention they banked on Manning so much this year that at the last second they signed Collins who looks worse than Sanchez on his bad days. Painter doesn't look much better.

That whole team doesn't function without Manning, offense and defense. Bad job by the coach and rest of the staff of preparation.

What's funny is that I'd like to see him get fired just so they do get that interim coach bump. Lol! Be good to see a guy like Nolan do just enough to keep the job next year.

Sparano's a Peter Principle guy. He'll land another job quickly in the NFL, but he'll never be a head coach again.

I've been thinking the same thing for weeks regarding the bolded. For as much as Phin fans keep talking about the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes, you know we're eventually looking at a mid-season coaching change there, and that's destined to take them out of the running. And it's going to be hilarious. For as much as we can pretend that's the case, coaches and players are not going to intentionally start losing games just for draft positioning that has nothing to do with them, when it could very well cost them their jobs at the same time. Maybe it's one thing to make that argument in week 17, but not in week 7. So whenever that new coach takes over that job, he'll be doing everything in his power to get some wins so he can keep that job full-time, and that should about do it for any chances of Luck as a Dolphin.

Who would take over? Your DC Nolan?

What? Were you watching the game at a gay bar???? Not that there's anything wrong with that ...

I live in South Florida. There are still a few Fish fans. Not many, but in a local bar that had over 200+ football fans there was a table of 6,

And yes, at least the two women were gay. The men it was hard to tell with all the weeping at the end

To be fair, their injured quarterback is the coach of the team.

Sorry I have to do it...Not his OC? Im under the impression they are the big shot movers and shakers in today's game.

Sparano has always been more figurehead than anything to me, but even if he wasn't the Dolphins HC I wouldn't be a fan.

Archived