Philip Rivers

JetsFan220

I used to view him as an intense competitor who played very emotionally, after Sunday, I think he is just a whiny b**ch. There were 3 instances that I noticed being at the game and I wonder if anybody else saw them....

1 - After the TD to Gates, instead of celebrating with the rest of his teamates he went over to Eric Smith and some other members of the Jets d and started taunting them. I noticed him putting his hands to his ears as to say 'I don't hear you guys talking now.' Smack talk is smack talk, we do enough of it, so this did not bother me as much as the next 2 incidents

2 - After Revis was tackled on his interception return he jumped up and threw the ball up in the air, if you watch, Rivers gets up and starts yelling at the official and pointing at Revis, trying to get a flag on Revis for doing that.

3 - The thing that bothered me the most, was when the game ended, I watched him run right into the tunnel, not even stopping to congratulate anybody from the Jets on their victory. This was a real scumbag move.

There's no one outside the division that I like to see lose more than him. He gets the "fiery" label because he throws temper tantrums whenever things don't go his way. I noticed the Revis thing too and thought it was hilarious.

I hope Turner coaches the Chargers for the next ten years. They deserve each other.

He really doesn't act like a top tier quarterback, although the dude will put up some remarkable numbers in terms of yards.

I think I first noticed it 2 years ago when they beat the giants on a last second play and he stood facing the Giants sideline taunting them instead of celebrating with his team....You cannot do stuff like that, then when you lose a game not congratulate the other team, that just not being a man

Sanchez >>>>> Rivers

no way.

If you think Sanchez has it rough with Schotty, it's nothing what Rivers is going through with Turner.

Offensive guru my a$$. It's unbelievable to me how much and far that Turner and Wannstedt got out of those few great years those Dallas teams had. Them 2 continue to get great jobs despite the fact they have done nothing but sh*t the bed since then.

You'd think they'd get the idea by now that maybe he wasn't such a great coach, but instead just had an all-star offense to work with in those years.

The excuses just keep comin:

per Rotoworld:

Matt Williamson of ESPN Scouts Inc. suggested that Philip Rivers may be playing through an injury, helping to partially explain his struggles.

"I think he's injured, and we don't know it," said Williamson. "Because his motion's so quirky." Added ESPN's Merril Hoge on SportsCenter Monday, "He's playing his poorest football in four to five years in terms of accuracy and decision making." Rivers' touchdown-to-interception ratio through six games is a career-worst 7:9. He's just the No. 18 quarterback in fantasy scoring.

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisWesseling/statuses/128568961653682176

When I saw # 17 coming in on an angle as Revis was running back his pick, my whole mindset changed from Revis running it in for 6 to screaming for Revis to give that vaginal cry baby a forearm shiver that would knock him into next week. I was really pissed when that didn't happen. An almost once in a lifetime opportunity to legally put this azzhat on a golf cart.

I used to view him as an intense competitor who played very emotionally, after Sunday, I think he is just a whiny b**ch. There were 3 instances that I noticed being at the game and I wonder if anybody else saw them....

1 - After the TD to Gates, instead of celebrating with the rest of his teamates he went over to Eric Smith and some other members of the Jets d and started taunting them. I noticed him putting his hands to his ears as to say 'I don't hear you guys talking now.' Smack talk is smack talk, we do enough of it, so this did not bother me as much as the next 2 incidents

2 - After Revis was tackled on his interception return he jumped up and threw the ball up in the air, if you watch, Rivers gets up and starts yelling at the official and pointing at Revis, trying to get a flag on Revis for doing that.

3 - The thing that bothered me the most, was when the game ended, I watched him run right into the tunnel, not even stopping to congratulate anybody from the Jets on their victory. This was a real scumbag move.

That is very interesting...I didn't notice those things. Really good catch. And agreed on all points.

I noticed the Revis thing and while he looked like a bitch I can't blame him. A 15 yard taunting penalty would have been huge there and if he could draw one it would be worth looking like a pansy.

The excuses just keep comin:

per Rotoworld:

Matt Williamson of ESPN Scouts Inc. suggested that Philip Rivers may be playing through an injury, helping to partially explain his struggles.

"I think he's injured, and we don't know it," said Williamson. "Because his motion's so quirky." Added ESPN's Merril Hoge on SportsCenter Monday, "He's playing his poorest football in four to five years in terms of accuracy and decision making." Rivers' touchdown-to-interception ratio through six games is a career-worst 7:9. He's just the No. 18 quarterback in fantasy scoring.

http://twitter.com/#...568961653682176

To be fair, neither Rivers or anybody with the Chargers is making those excuses. It's an "ESPN Scout".

When I saw # 17 coming in on an angle as Revis was running back his pick, my whole mindset changed from Revis running it in for 6 to screaming for Revis to give that vaginal cry baby a forearm shiver that would knock him into next week. I was really pissed when that didn't happen. An almost once in a lifetime opportunity to legally put this azzhat on a golf cart.

I wasn't. I was screaming for Revis to slow down and cut back so that Dixon could destroy him. I think there is an interview where Revis says he should have cut back.

Archived