Early 2012 Mock (I don't kno why either.)

SenorGato

1: Alshon Jeffrey WR - Projected to go higher than the Yets'll probably pick, but after he looked fat on the cover of SI I have pretend hope he'll fall to the Jets. Makes too much sense.

Trade: 2nd, 4th, and 6th, and 7th for higher 2nd to pick DE/OLB Vinny Curry or even Courtney Upshaw.

3: Levy Adcock (Oklahoma St.)/Marcus Zusevics (Iowa) - Athletic, well coached RT prospects.

5: Coby Fleener - Stanford TE caught 7 TDs in '10.

7: Nigel Bradham - Project for Rex with amazing athleticism and really raw game.

FAs:

Matt Forte RB

Laron Landry S

Michael Griffin S

I agree with WR in first, i just don't see Jeffrey being where I hope we are picking. As far as your fee agents i want Griffin also. Landry i see as another eric Smith. An in the box safety. With Forte, i really like him a lot, have had him in fantasy every year he has been in the league. I would just rather spend money elsewhere then at RB. I am also assuming he will command a lot.

Not that it's something that necessarily fits here, but I'm surprised at the way they haven't developed a safety in all this time. I think they could use a rangy cover safety and I'm surprised they haven't tried to develop some converted corner. I thought they'd do it with Lowery, but that didn't work out. I think they could use a luxury guy that just plays on 3rd and long. A DB version of Maybin. It's a little hard to count on a guy like that having proper ball skills, but I figured that's what they were trying with Donovan Warren. I think they just use the extra corners, so it's not a big deal and they have a ton of decent corners. I even feel comfortable with Lankster getting real playing time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's almost 4 and I'm bored so...keep in mind I know js about the cap so the FAs are what they are:

FAs:

Mario Williams DE/OLB - Record contract muhfckahs?

Laron Landry S

Levi Brown RT

Random vet QB

Draft:

1: Vontaze Burfict ILB - Beyond the fact that he's crazy he's tailor made for this D. To be honest, him being crazy right now might be what makes him great in the future. Or maybe I just say sh*t like that at 4.

2: Lamar Miller RB - Steal.

3: Kendall Wright WR - Quick, explosive WR from Baylor.

4: Coby Fleener TE - Three offensive picks in a row. Offense being revamped.

5: Matt Conrath DE/DT - Virginia DL might remind some of Chris Canty, but I'm not sure he's as good a prospect. Still interesting in his own right, and it's mostly his frame that gets him the Canty comp anyway.

6: Adrian Robinson DE/LB - Temple prospect with some speed and potential.

7: Ryan Lindley QB - QB pick.

QB:

Sanchez

Random vet QB/McElroy

McElroy/Lindley

RB:

Greene

Miller

McKnight/Powell

TE:

Keller

Cumberland

Fleener

WR:

Holmes

Burress?

Kerley

Wright

OL:

D'Brick

Slauson

Mangold

Moore/Ducasse?

Brown

DL:

WIlkerson

Pouha

DeVito

Dixon

Pito

Conrath/many others

LB (This group is why this can only be a complete fantasy):

Williams

Pace

Scott

Harris

Burfict

Westerman or whoever's there

CB:

Revis

Cromartie

Wilson

S:

Leonhard

Landry

Etc

It's almost 4 and I'm bored so...keep in mind I know js about the cap so the FAs are what they are:

FAs:

Mario Williams DE/OLB - Record contract muhfckahs?

Laron Landry S

Levi Brown RT

Random vet QB

Draft:

1: Vontaze Burfict ILB - Beyond the fact that he's crazy he's tailor made for this D. To be honest, him being crazy right now might be what makes him great in the future. Or maybe I just say sh*t like that at 4.

5: Matt Conrath DE/DT - Virginia DL might remind some of Chris Canty, but I'm not sure he's as good a prospect. Still interesting in his own right, and it's mostly his frame that gets him the Canty comp anyway.

6: Adrian Robinson DE/LB - Temple prospect with some speed and potential.

7: Ryan Lindley QB - QB pick.

QB:

Sanchez

Random vet QB/McElroy

McElroy/Lindley

RB:

Greene

Miller

McKnight/Powell

TE:

Keller

Cumberland

Fleener

WR:

Holmes

Burress?

Kerley

Wright

OL:

D'Brick

Slauson

Mangold

Moore/Ducasse?

Brown

DL:

WIlkerson

Pouha

DeVito

Dixon

Pito

Conrath/many others

LB (This group is why this can only be a complete fantasy):

Williams

Pace

Scott

Harris

Burfict

Westerman or whoever's there

CB:

Revis

Cromartie

Wilson

S:

Leonhard

Landry

Etc

LOL, I come in my pants.

But Sanu or Toon instead of Wright please

Draft:

First pick is going to be OL/DL barring unforeseen circumstances like Cromartie gets cut or something. LB/RB with the first two picks is just terrible.

First pick is going to be OL/DL barring unforeseen circumstances like Cromartie gets cut or something. LB/RB with the first two picks is just terrible.

Both covered in the fake FA.

I thought the 3rd and 4th round picks were worse in that bs scenario thing I did.

Both covered in the fake FA.

I thought the 3rd and 4th round picks were worse in that bs scenario thing I did.

Me too. I like Fleener, but how big is he? I know he is tall, but I want a guy at least 270. I expect a bruising blocking TE to be brought in. They obviously like Cumberland and Baker in the pass catching TE role and Mulligan is the one they want to replace. I expect a low level $1M FA to be brought in. They could go with all the little bodies and just use extra linemen, but we'll see.

Me too. I like Fleener, but how big is he? I know he is tall, but I want a guy at least 270. I expect a bruising blocking TE to be brought in. They obviously like Cumberland and Baker in the pass catching TE role and Mulligan is the one they want to replace. I expect a low level $1M FA to be brought in. They could go with all the little bodies and just use extra linemen, but we'll see.

I'm not too worried about Fleener's weight...tall young guy like him should be able to throw some weight on in the NFL...I usually find a guy like him in a given draft class that I think will develop into a solid all around TE...sometimes it works out...Kevin Boss, possibly/probably John Phillips...sometimes it doesn't...Ben Patrick.

I'm not too worried about Fleener's weight...tall young guy like him should be able to throw some weight on in the NFL...I usually find a guy like him in a given draft class that I think will develop into a solid all around TE...sometimes it works out...Kevin Boss, possibly/probably John Phillips...sometimes it doesn't...Ben Patrick.

I think Fleener will be fine. My issue is that in terms of need, 3 little TEs is too many. Fleener is tall, but they will still probably want to carry a blocker.

I think Fleener will be fine. My issue is that in terms of need, 3 little TEs is too many. Fleener is tall, but they will still probably want to carry a blocker.

Yeah, I think it's more likely, like you mentioned, that they go after a cheap FA to come in again. There's actually some talented young vet TEs that would be interesting...Bear Pascoe would be perfect for what they're looking for, but now that I think about it the Giants might keep him...former DE now TE Zach Potter...Craig Stevens...Bennett...hopefully John Carlson...Scott Chandler...

Yeah, I think it's more likely, like you mentioned, that they go after a cheap FA to come in again. There's actually some talented young vet TEs that would be interesting...Bear Pascoe would be perfect for what they're looking for, but now that I think about it the Giants might keep him...former DE now TE Zach Potter...Craig Stevens...Bennett...hopefully John Carlson...Scott Chandler...

Well, I've watched Fleener and liked him. That's why it's odd I picked that choice to harp on. It came more from your depth chart. I'd probably be happy with him as a pick.

Well, I've watched Fleener and liked him. That's why it's odd I picked that choice to harp on. It came more from your depth chart. I'd probably be happy with him as a pick.

OH. Meh the depth chart was written at 4 in the morning or something stupid...I just put Cumberland first because theoretically he's ahead developmentally...I think Fleener has more potential to be multi-skilled.

Archived