Alt Games?

Integrity28

So, I've heard you guys talk about them, and I think one was played here in the time I've been playing mafia... but I actually don't know what the deal is. Here is what I've surmised... the entire roster of the game creates different login IDs and plays "under the cover" of a fake name/id... thus eliminating some of the meta gaming and identity politics we have become accustomed to.

If so, we should do one next...

Right?

Also, this...

candice-swanepoel-xmas-01_Ec8th_28802.jpg

Wha?

I asked a boring question that probably didn't deserve its own thread... so I included a hottie...

This is liek the Hello Kitty thread, but in reverse.

How about just answer my question?

lol.. i read the thread title, then skipped the middle and looked at the chick... i assumed you were asking us to have hot chick alts, and you were selecting her.. lol

lol.. i read the thread title, then skipped the middle and looked at the chick... i assumed you were asking us to have hot chick alts, and you were selecting her.. lol

Oh, hahah... no... isn't it bad enough we have to tolerate JIF acting like the PRAG in every game as it is? No desire to give him even more of a reason to act like a cock-hungry whore...

Oh, hahah... no... isn't it bad enough we have to tolerate JIF acting like the PRAG in every game as it is? No desire to give him even more of a reason to act like a cock-hungry whore...

Yeah, well I was going to make my chick alt Jif... so, we're on the same page

But seriously... how does an alt game work?

we have a bunch of accounts created already, the mod assigns the player to the alt through pm, gives the password to the alt.. and then all communication works through there after that...

it works great until that little brown bastard inevitably forgets and starts posting under his main account, it's happened every time ..

we have a bunch of accounts created already, the mod assigns the player to the alt through pm, gives the password to the alt.. and then all communication works through there after that...

it works great until that little brown bastard inevitably forgets and starts posting under his main account, it's happened every time ..

Pac?

Or Hess?

Oh, that's racist by the way. LOL

Alt games go very slow, and it's hard to keep track of who said what when you're seeing the user for the first time.

I'm generally not a fan, but it might not be a bad change of pace.

Strict deadlines can fix the pace issue. I do think a game without the identity politics would be interesting. Mostly I just wanted to know how these games work... not a pressing issue.

Strict deadlines can fix the pace issue. I do think a game without the identity politics would be interesting. Mostly I just wanted to know how these games work... not a pressing issue.

anyone with a brain can figure out whos who.. JiF is still an idiot.. the words CTM misspells are the same with his alt... Slats still writes like Slats... Sharrow still disappears... within a couple days you either know who the alt is or play like you do.

I wouldn't mind it though.

So, I've heard you guys talk about them, and I think one was played here in the time I've been playing mafia... but I actually don't know what the deal is. Here is what I've surmised... the entire roster of the game creates different login IDs and plays "under the cover" of a fake name/id... thus eliminating some of the meta gaming and identity politics we have become accustomed to.

If so, we should do one next...

Right?

Also, this...

candice-swanepoel-xmas-01_Ec8th_28802.jpg

tumblr_l157bgXjwh1qajt7vo1_500.jpg

The current Alt names blow, if we want going to do Alts it needs to be with more distinct names. 16 italian guys with 5-6 identical first names and 5-6 identical last names makes it a pain in the a$$.

BTW, my proposition is that everybody just makes a new account with whatever name they want, and sign-up in the sign-up thread with that name.

Yeah, well I was going to make my chick alt Jif... so, we're on the same page

You both want me.

Alt games go very slow, and it's hard to keep track of who said what when you're seeing the user for the first time.

I'm generally not a fan, but it might not be a bad change of pace.

This

My only problem with them is that I can never remember anything about them after the fact. I can count the memories I have of alt games here on one hand and I think I've played in 3 of them.

2 of my most memorable games were alts. The JI vs JN border and then I dont remember the game but EY modded it and I dominated at the end by stopping in my tracks and realize I was being set up and led the charge on BG and JVOY for the win.

• 4 weeks later...

anyone with a brain can figure out whos who.. JiF is still an idiot.. the words CTM misspells are the same with his alt... Slats still writes like Slats... Sharrow still disappears... within a couple days you either know who the alt is or play like you do.

I wouldn't mind it though.

Does that mean your still a retard ? :P

hey.. i had an idea for a quick alt game..

here's the deal, everyone gets alts/..

I announce power roles and scum as who the real player is.. So for instance, I'd say Crusher is scum, Pac is cop.. and then you all would have to do your best to avoid detection behind your alts.. obviously there'd be rules preventing confirmation of who you are with non game related material..

hey.. i had an idea for a quick alt game..

here's the deal, everyone gets alts/..

I announce power roles and scum as who the real player is.. So for instance, I'd say Crusher is scum, Pac is cop.. and then you all would have to do your best to avoid detection behind your alts.. obviously there'd be rules preventing confirmation of who you are with non game related material..

I would be caught in 1 /12 post. LOL

So would Pac. "I like lawnmowers. I'd like to find CTM and kill that mutt. Something about the LF."

Oh ok ok I like this game. Who am I?

I just hjad a 6.5% ber and I am so wasted. SOm much strongere than budweiser. I am the mnam, the freakin man. You all want to be me. Look a thow awesome I am. ooh ooh ah ah

Oh ok ok I like this game. Who am I?

I just hjad a 6.5% ber and I am so wasted. SOm much strongere than budweiser. I am the mnam, the freakin man. You all want to be me. Look a thow awesome I am. ooh ooh ah ah

I LOL'ed.

Okay, my turn now...

Archived