2011-12 NY Rangers

Bugg

This goal-scoring thing seems like it's gonna be a problem. Again.Rangers' management expects The King to make 40+ saves a night, throw 15-20 shots at the opposing goal and somehow win 2-1.

Brad Richards looks like a decent player. But if the idea was to get him to make Miss Mary Gaborik productive, that so far is not working out.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ridiculous schedule to start the season but this team needs Mark Stahl back soon

The Penguins have played more games than anyone. Including 8 on the road already and played 4 games away before they even saw home ice. And they are still missing the best player in the world. No excuses.

The Penguins have played more games than anyone. Including 8 on the road already and played 4 games away before they even saw home ice. And they are still missing the best player in the world. No excuses.

?

The Rangers played 7 games on the road, including 2 in Stockholm, before they saw their home ice and when they finally "saw home ice" it was for the first time ever. The renovation caused them to have such a screwed up schedule and it's not any kind of major excuse, but the Rangers schedule has been plenty rough.

I was not making any excuse just pointing out the ridiculous schedule to open the season for rangers-try flying half way around the world play a couple of games and come back to western time zone and then hit eastern time zone-- as any hockey fan knows you make the playoffs -that is when the season starts for real

Seems they really don't push the puck forward on offense except on the power play. And while it's not 1986 with the Oilers scoring 7 goals a game, you cannot sit back and hope to win every game 2-1. I have an open mind about Tortarella, but if this team doesn't start scoring a bunch more they re is serious trouble.There are too many shifts were the Rangers are indifferent to attacking in the offensives zone. May be recalling Avery will help, but only fi he can stay out of the penalty box. And about Staal, yesw, they miss him, but if the Pens can play without Crosby that's not much of an excuse.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Carl Hagelin wins faster skater, and Gaborik wins MVP of the All Star Game.

Not too Shabby.

yeah when was the last time two Rangers starred in a ALL Star spectactular?

Second half push starts tomorrow against devils!

A great season so far.

If Lundquist keeps this up they will be a tough out.

Would help if the power play picked it up.At a loss why the don't birng up ZUccarello who is tearing up the AHL. He may be small, but put him and Hagelin on the PP with Gabby and no one will be able to keep up.

Only team in the east that worries me; Pittsburgh. Malkin is playing unreal; is almost certainly the MVP (if not Lundqvist). If Crosby comes back healthy they will be very tough in a 7 game series.

dear carl

I know

I've been a Ranger fan since (I believe) 1952

and I was at THE WORLDS MOST FAMOUS ARENA on the greatest night in NY Sports history, June 14, 1994 in the green seats watching the Messiah "come get that cup"

time for another one, I'm hopin

TONIGHT, Ladies and Germs

AT THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS ARENA

another terrific original six matchup between the NEW YORK RANGERS leading the NHL and the Chicagoland Blackhawks

available for everyone not stuck with Time Warner Cable and not a Devi or Icelander fan to ENJOY

Archived