2011-12 NY Rangers

Bugg

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking that way.Win and face a weak 8 seed like the Caps,Sabres or Jets,and lose and instead get an 7-game war with the Orange Crud of Philly.

Really would like to see more offense. Rangers get a 1-goal lead and then block shots and lean on the King like crazy-which is how they blew a series to the Caps a few yeard back. . It's not much of a margin for error.The power play has gone back to sucking since Zuccarello was hurt. If I told you in the beginning of the season losing Zuccarello, basically a spare part, was a great loss you would not have expected that. Every other NHL team gets the puck to the point, clogs the front of the net with bodies and has then have the point shoot in hopes of either a score or a rebound garbage scramble goal. Careers have been made on such goals-Phil Esposito, Tim Kerr, Al Secord. And yet the Rangers pass the puck around on the perimeter as if they get style points for 42 passes.Their last PP vs. Minny featured zero shots despite being in the Minny zone for most of the 2 minutes. On "24/7" Tortarella even seemed furious about it, but it hasn't changed all season.

Quoted for truth.

The power play has been dismal for years, I don't get it.

It really is amazing they are where hey are, with the lack of PP production.

Lundqvist deserves strong consideration for MVP.

Many used to blame Jagr for the way the power play was run through him, but he's long gone, and they are still doing it.

Good news-the Pens and Flyers are going to beat ithe living piss out of each other in round 1, leaving the survivor greatly diminished.

Bad news-Rangers' offense, despite being on the cuspf of #1 in the east, is still not there 79 games into the season.

Someone get Torts a pacifier. What a baby. I hope the Rags and the Pens both win their series so the Pens can eliminate them from the playoffs.

One unassailable prediction, even if it's a 4-game Pens sweep the Flyers and Pens are about to go to war.

• 1 year later...

Oh now you said that, keep looking C-spin! 

I never said I didn't say that.  I never said the Pens were the best team in the NHL.  These are the only hockey related threads I can find that have me posting in them in 2012.

So, yeah, you lose.

I never said I didn't say that.  I never said the Pens were the best team in the NHL.  These are the only hockey related threads I can find that have me posting in them in 2012.

So, yeah, you lose.

Keep looking, there is more.

Right, yet you went and looked and found half of I said, then conveniently gave up the search. :rl:

I didn't give up the search. I necro'ed all of the relevant topics from the hockey season in question.  I am sorry you have been proven wrong and a liar.  Better luck next time.

The King has been incredible. You know your offense has problems when the fans have to shout, "shoot the puck!"

Hopefully now their offense will be competent in order to compliment the greatest in goal.

The King has been incredible. You know your offense has problems when the fans have to shout, "shoot the puck!"

Hopefully now their offense will be competent in order to compliment the greatest in goal.

Caps totally packed it in after they went down three, zero heart.  Best all around game in a while, doesn't hurt that Henrik stood on his head for three straight games.  Brassard has been killing it, heck of a pick up. 

I know this wasn't from game 7, but when your captain and all-world player is doing this, something's wrong. 

ovi.gif

Archived