? > Tebow

Jetsfan80

Not really. Its simple. Did or didnt, Tebow dominate the SEC in both throwing and running? Did or didnt, Tebow win National Championships? Did or didnt, Tebow win a Heisman as a Sophmore? Is or isnt, Tebow the most efficient passer in SEC history?

Do we need to go on? You know the answers. lol Not trivial at all.

Actually, trivial is exactly what it is. Tebow is now the answer to a trivia questions, nothing more.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh brother...

Never mind dude.

This whole conference pride thing is so embarrassing. Tebow is literally the worst QB I've ever seen take snaps at the NFL level. The only people who care about how great the SEC is are the people who went to a school there. Charlie Ward was a better college player than Tebow and no one gives a sh*t what conference he did it in.

I dont like 50-48 games either, but you match those Big 10 teams up against the teams that are putting up 50 points in the SEC and the final score is 58-2. The talent in the BIG 10 is way down.

That was not the case in the PSU-Alabama game this year. PSU was actually close until 2nd half.

Sagarin has Big 10 as #3 Conference, which is down for them (Big 12 is actually 1), but they still are a force in College football. Every year people say the Big 10 is down in talent, but they draft a number of high profile into the pro's.

On PSU, on defense check out Devon Still on the line, Sukay at safety and Hodges at LB.

All of the stuff he did in the SEC is great and all....but if he were really that good he'd be doing it at the next level.

I'm not even sure what you are arguing. The NCAA and the NFL are different games. He was really that good in college. Hence all the titles, trophies records etc. To argue differently is stupid. The guy dominated the NCAA. First player ever to win the Heisman as a Sophmore. First player ever to run and throw for 20 TD's in a season. He was really that good in college. Just like many amazing college players who werent sh*t at the next level.

Actually, trivial is exactly what it is. Tebow is now the answer to a trivia questions, nothing more.

Ha! True. But he's definitely more to folks like me who got to reap the benefits of his dominance. And dont act like you are above all this. You still think Brady Quinn should be given a shot, despites sucking at every opportunity. Wonder why? Domer.

The SEC is definitely the best conference,

This whole conference pride thing is so embarrassing. Tebow is literally the worst QB I've ever seen take snaps at the NFL level. The only people who care about how great the SEC is are the people who went to a school there. Charlie Ward was a better college player than Tebow and no one gives a sh*t what conference he did it in.

Are you just arguing to argue? I'm not embarassed at all that I have pride in SEC Football. Sorry.

Out of curioustiy, have you ever experienced an SEC game?

All the titles? He won one as the starting QB. I'm not going to refer to it as "all the titles" because he threw a couple of jump passes and ducked his head down for a couple of scores as a freshman.

You should negate his 2 TD's in the National Championship too while you're at it.

lol

Are you just arguing to argue? I'm not embarassed at all that I have pride in SEC Football. Sorry.

I'm not arguing just to argue- but just because Tebow had a good career in the SEC doesn't add to his legacy anymore than Ward or Frazier's career in their respective conferences. All won titles. All were great college QB's. All three weren't good enough to hack it in the pro's

He was a very good college player. Good college players at the end of the day get forgotten. Peyton Manning dominated the SEC and then went on to dominate the NFL. Guy's like him are remembered.

And to add on I've been to a handful of Clemson games(one being Clemson vs SC) so yeah...I've experienced them. Its a great time.

I have.

In fact, I was at perhaps the single most important game in Tebow's career in The Swamp. It was Harvin's adjustment on a poorly underthrown and tipped (nearly intercepted) Tebow pass that opened up the floodgates and led to the 2nd national championship that Harvin led them to.

I'm not arguing just to argue- but just because Tebow had a good career in the SEC doesn't add to his legacy anymore than Ward or Frazier's career in their respective conferences. All won titles. All were great college QB's. All three weren't good enough to hack it in the pro's

He was a very good college player. Good college players at the end of the day get forgotten. Peyton Manning dominated the SEC and then went on to dominate the NFL. Guy's like him are remembered.

And to add on I've been to a handful of Clemson games(one being Clemson vs SC) so yeah...I've experienced them. Its a great time.

First off, he was more than a good player. He's top 5 of all time.

And being an SEC fan, I disagree. I do think it adds to his legacy. And you are absolutely crazy if you think good college players are forgotten. Danny Wuerffel is still a god at Florida and Tebow is even bigger. The guy has a statue and has his "speech" engraved in the walls of the stadium. In the SEC, if you're a Football god like Tebow...you're never fogotten. You should see how Georgia fans treat Hershel Walker.

Another thing you're not taking into consideration is in the south, SEC territory, college Football rules. They dont even pay attention to the NFL.

FWIW, Manning never beat Florida. And the team went undefeated and won a National Championship the following year w/ Tee Martin. Who do you think Vols fans appreciate more? Just sayin.

College and NFL are damn near Apples to Oranges for amultitude of reasons. Success in college is meaningless to the NFL. The NFL cares alot more about the physical makeup of the player, especially at QB, and the individual's fundamentals. This is why guys like Flacco or Roethlisber are far better prospects than Tebow. They played in small schools and had minimal college team success compared to Tebow, but their measurables, mechanics, mental understanding of the game, arm strength, and accuracy throwing the ball are on a totally different level from Tebow. This is why teams put so much emphasis on the combine. An NFL offense can not succeed running an option, shotgun spread option, run and gun, etc.. because NFL defenders are far too fast and good for it to succeed. These offenses are run in college because they work against the 97% of players that will never sniff an NFL tryout.

I have seen countless people crowing that John Fox is setting Tebow up to fail by not running the shotgun spread option offense for him. If the offense worked, teams would be running it. The NFL doesn't care about style points, they care about winning. They also know the ins and outs of every offensive style and how to attack it. Honestly I would love Denver to run Tebow's Gator offense. If you think he looks bad now........

I have.

In fact, I was at perhaps the single most important game in Tebow's career in The Swamp. It was Harvin's adjustment on a poorly underthrown and tipped (nearly intercepted) Tebow pass that opened up the floodgates and led to the 2nd national championship that Harvin led them to.

Please, that wasnt his most important game. But anyway, you can at least understand my perspective. SEC is all that matters to these people. Their ex-players, are treated like gods and are certainly not forgotten.

I'm a HUGE minority of SEC fans who likes NFL. HUGE minority.

First off, he was more than a good player. He's top 5 of all time.

And being an SEC fan, I disagree. I do think it adds to his legacy. And you are absolutely crazy if you think good college players are forgotten. Danny Wuerffel is still a god at Florida and Tebow is even bigger. The guy has a statue and has his "speech" engraved in the walls of the stadium. In the SEC, if you're a Football god like Tebow...you're never fogotten. You should see how Georgia fans treat Hershel Walker.

Another thing you're not taking into consideration is in the south, SEC territory, college Football rules. They dont even pay attention to the NFL.

FWIW, Manning never beat Florida. And the team went undefeated and won a National Championship the following year w/ Tee Martin. Who do you think Vols fans appreciate more? Just sayin.

From an overall standpoint- they're forgotten. I'm sure Russell is still looked at positively at LSU and Gholston at OSU....but these were bad football players at the next level and for the most part, forgotten.

Hershel Walker was a good NFL player. I dont see how playing in the SEC add's to your overall legacy unless you're a UF alum.

Guy's like Manning, Montana, Marino are all remembered because of their pro careers. And 20 years from now will be infinitely more remembered than Tebow's run at Florida.

And Weurful...cmon.....I can list about 50 great college players off the top of my head with better college legacies than him. I suppose Eric Kresser has a statue too.

Please, that wasnt his most important game. But anyway, you can at least understand my perspective. SEC is all that matters to these people. Their ex-players, are treated like gods and are certainly not forgotten.

I'm a HUGE minority of SEC fans who likes NFL. HUGE minority.

Huge minority? Pretty much every SEC fan I know likes the NFL.

From an overall standpoint- they're forgotten. I'm sure Russell is still looked at positively at LSU and Gholston at OSU....but these were bad football players at the next level and for the most part, forgotten.

Hershel Walker was a good NFL player. I dont see how playing in the SEC add's to your overall legacy unless you're a UF alum.

Guy's like Manning, Montana, Marino are all remembered because of their pro careers. And 20 years from now will be infinitely more remembered than Tebow's run at Florida.

And Weurful...cmon.....I can list about 50 great college players off the top of my head with better college legacies than him. I suppose Eric Kresser has a statue too.

Penn State fondly remembers playing Herschel Walker ;)

Dude...wtf are you arguing? To fans of the SEC, it matters. SEC alumi are very prideful of their conference. When a player does something great in our conference, it matters and we see it as accomplishing more than doing it in say, the Big East. Sorry bro. Its is what it is. You arguing that these guys dont leave a memorable legacy is the most laughable thing I've ever head. Come to Gainesvillle for a game with me and count the number of Weurffel and Tebow jerseys you see. Then stick around and watch some TV and see how many commericals Danny's is in. It matters and these guys are gods for as long as those who watched them are alive.

Gainesville is in the middle no where, locked in between miles and miles of cow fields. The Gators are EVERYTHING in that town...EVERYTHING. The players who were successful are gods for years and years and years. Its like that in every single SEC town in the conference. Tiny little towns, where Football is EVERYTHING.

Huge minority? Pretty much every SEC fan I know likes the NFL.

Have you ever asked them which one they prefer more? I'll bet all of them say college. Its the same reason people argue the Jags have no following...its an college Football town, predominately Gators. I used to have this argument daily when I bartended in school. SEC fans like college Football over NFL. I'd laugh at them all, but its was a large majority.

Look I know you like to try and paint this picture of me as this HUGE Tebow defending SEC homer, but I know behind this charade, that you know exactly what I'm talking about and nothing I'm saying is fabricated at all.

Dude...wtf are you arguing? To fans of the SEC, it matters. SEC alumi are very prideful of their conference. When a player does something great in our conference, it matters and we see it as accomplishing more than doing it in say, the Big East. Sorry bro. Its is what it is. You arguing that these guys dont leave a memorable legacy is the most laughable thing I've ever head. Come to Gainesvillle for a game with me and count the number of Weurffel and Tebow jerseys you see. Then stick around and watch some TV and see how many commericals Danny's is in. It matters and these guys are gods for as long as those who watched them are alive.

Gainesville is in the middle no where, locked in between miles and miles of cow fields. The Gators are EVERYTHING in that town...EVERYTHING. The players who were successful are gods for years and years and years. Its like that in every single SEC town in the conference. Tiny little towns, where Football is EVERYTHING.

Have you ever asked them which one they prefer more? I'll bet all of them say college. Its the same reason people argue the Jags have no following...its an college Football town, predominately Gators. I used to have this argument daily when I bartended in school. SEC fans like college Football over NFL. I'd laugh at them all, but its was a large majority.

Look I know you like to try and paint this picture of me as this HUGE Tebow defending SEC homer, but I know behind this charade, that you know exactly what I'm talking about and nothing I'm saying is fabricated at all.

I've never understood the conference pride thing. It's lame to me....that's all. And just because Tebow had a great career in the SEC doesn't make him any better of a football player.

I've never understood the conference pride thing. It's lame to me....that's all. And just because Tebow had a great career in the SEC doesn't make him any better of a football player.

Tebow will be out of the league in 2 years, that is unless he has switced positions to FB or TE. Where he actually can thrive.

JiF, please don't mention the SEC at this time, have you ever seen my Vols any worse? Barf.

Dude, tell me about. First 4 games losing streak since the 80's. We're arent even a competitive Football team. We had 2 weeks to prepare for UGA and the ******* Gators managed 1 TD from the LOS on offense and it was a 4th down hail mary-ish throw because our FG kicker was injured. The Gators are a joke. It embarassing.

Well its real. And the reason its real is because of the BCS. Since strength of schedule matters, its makes sense to have pride in your conference because the better they are the better chances your school has of making a BCS game. The more ranked teams in your conference, the better chances you have of gonig to the National Championship (see Boise State), and thats not even taking into consideration what it does for your recruiting efforts. The pride existed before the BCS but I think its heightened in the BCS era because of the impact it has on your season.

And maybe you're right, but thats not how people who are passionate about SEC Football feel. I assure you that. With the data Klacko showed, I think there is a basis for an agrument especially considering when you see how teams from other conferences do when facing SEC talent. In the end, I'd probably agree with you, but there is definitely enough supporting evidence to make a case that its much more difficult to accomplish what TIm did in the SEC than some other conference.

Archived