? > Tebow

Jetsfan80

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boozer said all Tebow did was run on them. I showed facts thats says he was wrong. I'm not arguing if Tebow is good QB, I'm just stating facts.

Cool. I was just pointing out the Tebow as the most efficient passer in SEC history and the SEC is a breeding ground for NFL talent. Especially on defense. No biggie. Just setting the record straight.

What percentage of SEC defensive players do you really think go on to make NFL rosters? 5% 10% 15% tops? About half of those will start, maybe.

While he was at Florida, Tebow played against 1-3 players a week who were talented enough to go on to make an NFL roster. That means that more than 70% of the players he played against were not NFL caliber.

The SEC is good. It ain't close to being as good as you're making it out to be. Shane Matthews and Danny Weuffel lit up SEC defenses too. How'd they work out in the NFL?

What percentage of SEC defensive players do you really think go on to make NFL rosters? 5% 10% 15% tops? About half of those will start, maybe.

While he was at Florida, Tebow played against 1-3 players a week who were talented enough to go on to make an NFL roster. That means that more than 70% of the players he played against were not NFL caliber.

The SEC is good. It ain't close to being as good as you're making it out to be. Shane Matthews and Danny Weuffel lit up SEC defenses too. How'd they work out in the NFL?

I'm not sure what the percentages have to do with the SEC being hands down, not even close the best conference in the NCAA. Its absolutely as good as I'm making it out to be and everyone else for that matter. I dont have numbers, but I'd be surprised if the doesnt SEC produce more draft picks than any other conference...maybe the ACC might tip the scale solely on The U and FSU...dont really know. Dont really care. All I know is, there isnt a more competitive league with better defensive teams than the SEC and Tebow ran and threw all over them better than anyone in the history of the conference.

The SEC is definitely the best conference, but overall in college football the offenses are way ahead of the defenses. Tebow's offense manhandled everyone. No one thought Dorsey was a top prospect either.

There's zero defense being played in college football.

I'm not sure what the percentages have to do with the SEC being hands down, not even close the best conference in the NCAA. Its absolutely as good as I'm making it out to be and everyone else for that matter. I dont have numbers, but I'd be surprised if the doesnt SEC produce more draft picks than any other conference...maybe the ACC might tip the scale solely on The U and FSU...dont really know. Dont really care. All I know is, there isnt a more competitive league with better defensive teams than the SEC and Tebow ran and threw all over them better than anyone in the history of the conference.

Correct, 38 players from the SEC were drafted in 2011, the most from any conference. Not including compensatory picks, that's 38 out of 224 or 17%.

For the sake of mathematics, lets round that number up to 40. Say about 40 players from the SEC are drafted every year on average. The SEC has 12 teams. So that's an average of 3.34 players per SEC team being drafted every year.

Say about half of them are defense. That's 1.67 defensive players per year. 4 draft classes are represented on each SEC roster so that means, on average, each SEC team will have about 7 players on defense who will go on to be drafted by NFL teams. One can probably safely assume that less than half of those seven will go on to become regular starters, and that many won't even make NFL rosters.

What that means is that on any given Saturday while he was in college, Tebow likely only faced about 5-7 players MAX that would go on to be drafted by NFL teams, the majority of which would never go on to start an NFL game.

Point being, the talent he faced in college was good and probably a little better than he would have faced in another conference, but still not close to what you are making it out to be.

Correct, 38 players from the SEC were drafted in 2011, the most from any conference. Not including compensatory picks, that's 38 out of 224 or 17%.

For the sake of mathematics, lets round that number up to 40. Say about 40 players from the SEC are drafted every year on average. The SEC has 12 teams. So that's an average of 3.34 players per SEC team being drafted every year.

Say about half of them are defense. That's 1.67 defensive players per year. 4 draft classes are represented on each SEC roster so that means, on average, each SEC team will have about 7 players on defense who will go on to be drafted by NFL teams. One can probably safely assume that less than half of those seven will go on to become regular starters, and that many won't even make NFL rosters.

What that means is that on any given Saturday while he was in college, Tebow likely only faced about 5-7 players MAX that would go on to be drafted by NFL teams, the majority of which would never go on to start an NFL game.

Point being, the talent he faced in college was good and probably a little better than he would have faced in another conference, but still not close to what you are making it out to be.

Really, you're telling me that 5-7 out of 11 defenders on an SEC team make it to the NFL but I'm overrating the SEC? After reading that, it seems I was underrating them and its better than I expected.

Thanks!

The SEC is definitely the best conference, but overall in college football the offenses are way ahead of the defenses. Tebow's offense manhandled everyone. No one thought Dorsey was a top prospect either.

LSU and Alabama beg to differ. ;-)

And FWIW, Tebow never won anything without Percy Harvin.

You haven't been watching PSU play. They are slugging it out like it was the 70's again.

Really, you're telling me that 5-7 out of 11 defenders on an SEC team make it to the NFL but I'm overrating the SEC? After reading that, it seems I was underrating them and its better than I expected.

Thanks!

No, you have to read. I'm saying the 5-7 get drafted. Probably about 4 make rosters and only one becomes a regular starter.

So that means on a weekly basis, Tebow only played against 1 guy that would be facing him now. The other 10 are parking cars.

No, you have to read. I'm saying the 5-7 get drafted. Probably about 4 make rosters and only one becomes a regular starter.

So that means on a weekly basis, Tebow only played against 1 guy that would be facing him now. The other 10 are parking cars.

Well, Boozer said 3% of NCCA players make it to the NFL. You proved that of that 3%, a very large majority of them were playing in the SEC.

So again, thank you for proving my point. The SEC is by far the best conference in Football and Tebow was destroying every record, throwing and running while facing 5-7 guys that were talented enough to get drafted into the NFL.

Thanks!

Well, Boozer said 3% of NCCA players make it to the NFL. You proved that of that 3%, a very large majority of them were playing in the SEC.

So again, thank you for proving my point. The SEC is by far the best conference in Football and Tebow was destroying every record, throwing and running while facing 5-7 guys that were talented enough to get drafted into the NFL.

Thanks!

Tebow was an inaccurate down field passer in college as well.

Thanks!

You really are the king of the Teblowers.

Tebow was an inaccurate down field passer in college as well.

Hmmm...he had the highest yard per completion average in the history of the SEC and as far as I can remember from watching him, he was actually pretty damn accurate down field. But I cant really give you concrete evidence either way. I just remember we didnt take too many shots down field, but I felt like every time he did, we connected.

Its might have been more of throw it up and let them run under it types though. The Wuerffel specail if you will.

Hmmm...he had the highest yard per completion average in the history of the SEC and as far as I can remember from watching him, he was actually pretty damn accurate down field. But I cant really give you concrete evidence either way. I just remember we didnt take too many shots down field, but I felt like every time he did, we connected.

Its might have been more of throw it up and let them run under it types though. The Wuerffel specail if you will.

I mean yeah when he had time, wound up, he had guys running wide open down the field....he'd hit them, but you could see his obvious deficiencies as a passer. Those Florida teams were loaded, and they played the one read spread option.

Guess it all depends where your rooting interests are and what you like to watch.

To me, 50-48 games are absurd as well.

I dont like 50-48 games either, but you match those Big 10 teams up against the teams that are putting up 50 points in the SEC and the final score is 58-2. The talent in the BIG 10 is way down.

You really are the king of the Teblowers.

Why because I'm dominating this agrument?

Look. He's an awful NFL QB. But the dude was amazing in college. Absolutely dominated the SEC both rushing and passing. Its all out there for you to see. Most efficient passer in SEC history.

You want to sh*t all over him in the NFL. Fine. I'll agree. You want to try and sh*t on what he did in college, then I'll put you over my lap like I'm doing right now :)

Floating passes high enough so Percy Harvin can run under them doesn't make someone accurate. Tebow couldn't win the big one without Percy. Just sayin'.

Why because I'm dominating this agrument?

Look. He's an awful NFL QB. But the dude was amazing in college. Absolutely dominated the SEC both rushing and passing. Its all out there for you to see. Most efficient passer in SEC history.

You want to sh*t all over him in the NFL. Fine. I'll agree. You want to try and sh*t on what he did in college, then I'll put you over my lap like I'm doing right now :)

Harvin was more responsible for the Gators' two championships than Tebow.

I mean yeah when he had time, wound up, he had guys running wide open down the field....he'd hit them, but you could see his obvious deficiencies as a passer. Those Florida teams were loaded, and they played the one read spread option.

Sure. He had major flaws. Didnt stop him from dominating the SEC as a passer and runner. Thats all I'm saying brother.

You want to give it to the system, fine. But all your doing is open up a HUGE can of worms considering all big time numbers from the NCAA came from QB's playing in a "system". Colt Brennan, Timmny Chang, Graham Harrell all come to mind.

Sure. He had major flaws. Didnt stop him from dominating the SEC as a passer and runner. Thats all I'm saying brother.

You want to give it to the system, fine. But all your doing is open up a HUGE can of worms considering all big time numbers from the NCAA came from QB's playing in a "system". Colt Brennan, Timmny Chang, Graham Harrell all come to mind.

Well yeah, but none of those guys get put on the same pedestal as Tebow.

Floating passes high enough so Percy Harvin can run under them doesn't make someone accurate. Tebow couldn't win the big one without Percy. Just sayin'.

Like I said above to Matt...if you really want to go down this path than all you're going to do is sh*t all over every player who produced in the NCAA because they were all system players.

Hey, Charlie Ward might have been the best college Football player I've ever seen. He ended up playing point guard for my favorite NBA team. But, that dude was unreal in college. Just like Tebow.

Harvin was more responsible for the Gators' two championships than Tebow.

Truth. You know how I feel about Percy.

It is for the purposes of this conversation.

Not really. Its simple. Did or didnt, Tebow dominate the SEC in both throwing and running? Did or didnt, Tebow win National Championships? Did or didnt, Tebow win a Heisman as a Sophmore? Is or isnt, Tebow the most efficient passer in SEC history?

Do we need to go on? You know the answers. lol Not trivial at all.

Not really. Its simple. Did or didnt, Tebow dominate the SEC in both throwing and running? Did or didnt, Tebow win National Championships? Did or didnt, Tebow win a Heisman as a Sophmore? Is or isnt, Tebow the most efficient passer in SEC history?

Do we need to go on? You know the answers. lol Not trivial at all.

All of the stuff he did in the SEC is great and all....but if he were really that good he'd be doing it at the next level.

Archived