Pats Edelman Arrested?

gangreenman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patriots' Julian Edelman arrested

jQuery.getScriptCache('http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/c/?js=espn.tools.r19.js', function() { espn.core.init.tools('7176933','http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7176933'); });By Mike Reiss

ESPNBoston.com

Archive

New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman has been charged with indecent assault and battery and is due in Boston Municipal Court Tuesday, according to the office of Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley.

A Boston police report indicates that Edelman was arrested just after 1:30 a.m. Tuesday for allegedly groping a woman inside a Boston nightclub.

More on the Patriots

nwe.gif

Mike Reiss and Chris Forsberg have the Patriots blanketed for ESPNBoston.com. Check in for constantly updated coverage. Blog

Send a question for Mike's mailbag

The Patriots did not immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday morning.

Edelman, 25, is in his third season with the Patriots. The Redwood City, Calif., native has totaled three receptions for 25 yards in a backup role this season, with his primary contributions coming as the team's kickoff and punt returner.

Edelman injured his ankle Oct. 2 against the Oakland Raiders and has not played since.

A seventh-round draft choice of the team in 2009, Edelman made the transition from quarterback to receiver/returner and immediately caught the eye of the Patriots coaching staff with his quickness. He has served as the top backup to the team's leading receiver, Wes Welker.

For his career, Edelman has 47 career receptions for 470 yards and one touchdown. He also scored a touchdown on a 94-yard punt return in the 2010 season.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7176933/new-england-patriots-julian-edelman-arrested-nightclub-incident

Patriots' Julian Edelman arrested

jQuery.getScriptCache('http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/c/?js=espn.tools.r19.js', function() { espn.core.init.tools('7176933','http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7176933'); });By Mike Reiss

ESPNBoston.com

Archive

New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman has been charged with indecent assault and battery and is due in Boston Municipal Court Tuesday, according to the office of Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley.

A Boston police report indicates that Edelman was arrested just after 1:30 a.m. Tuesday for allegedly groping a woman inside a Boston nightclub.

More on the Patriots

nwe.gif

Mike Reiss and Chris Forsberg have the Patriots blanketed for ESPNBoston.com. Check in for constantly updated coverage. Blog

Send a question for Mike's mailbag

The Patriots did not immediately respond to a request for comment Tuesday morning.

Edelman, 25, is in his third season with the Patriots. The Redwood City, Calif., native has totaled three receptions for 25 yards in a backup role this season, with his primary contributions coming as the team's kickoff and punt returner.

Edelman injured his ankle Oct. 2 against the Oakland Raiders and has not played since.

A seventh-round draft choice of the team in 2009, Edelman made the transition from quarterback to receiver/returner and immediately caught the eye of the Patriots coaching staff with his quickness. He has served as the top backup to the team's leading receiver, Wes Welker.

For his career, Edelman has 47 career receptions for 470 yards and one touchdown. He also scored a touchdown on a 94-yard punt return in the 2010 season.

http://espn.go.com/b...htclub-incident

Thats bullshiit. No way that was a chick he groped.

Per the Boston Herald, Edelman allegedly "reached under" a woman's party costume and grabbed her between the legs while on the dance floor. The incident occurred in a Copley Square bar. Edelman has appeared in four games this season, catching three passes and serving as the Pats' primary return man when active. He was a healthy scratch in Week 8.

pretty smart. drunk horny a-hole

It takes a very stupid and foolish person to drive drunk. Very careless and reckless.

It takes a very sick, twisted and evil person to moleste a woman. What he did is rape in my eyes, and a violation against an innocent girl.

Don't compare Braylon to a sick soon to be sex offender in Edelman.

uve never been to a club then have you lol

It takes a very stupid and foolish person to drive drunk. Very careless and reckless.

It takes a very sick, twisted and evil person to moleste a woman. What he did is rape in my eyes, and a violation against an innocent girl.

Any chance you can get on the jury?

Sarcasm right? If not....pump the brakes just a little.

Word is that he wont be playing at all for a game or two until all the facts are out.

Edwards missed a quarter after getting his DUI.

Sounds right.

I've admittedly been stupid and drove home after drinking what would be considered at a DUI level eventhough I was in peferct control of myself and my vehicle. Reaching under a girls dress that I didnt want me too, is something I've never done before because its damn near rape which I find to be a little worse than a DUI which is only a misdemeanor on the first offense.

Sanchez was accused of the same crap at USC.

Archived