Jets vs Bills Official Game Thread

Maxman

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they have the ability to be good if everything clicks. I do not think they are there yet. You'll note though, that early in this game, and last weeks game, when they looked like garbage, I said they'd win.

They're still behind the Ravens, Steelers, and Pats, with a few more potential teams in there and that's really what matters.

We never looked like "garbage" today. In most aspects of the game we were actually pretty dominant, we just made stupid mistakes at the worst possible times, not excusing them as irrelevant but they always looked like they were delaying an easy win rather than preventing one. Buffalo never once looked like doing anything today. In just about every aspect of the game we've dominated what has been a very good football team on the road.

I said they'd win too btw. I guess we'll learn a lot more about the team next week.

We never looked like "garbage" today. In most aspects of the game we were actually pretty dominant, we just made stupid mistakes at the worst possible times, not excusing them as irrelevant but they always looked like they were delaying an easy win rather than preventing one. Buffalo never once looked like doing anything today. In just about every aspect of the game we've dominated what has been a very good football team on the road.

I said they'd win too btw. I guess we'll learn a lot more about the team next week.

Stupid mistakes at the worst possible times is a common thing for this team. We're better then the Bills. No question. But, the fact that the Sanchez INT and fumble surprised no one is a problem for this team.

it looked good when i posted sorry lol

Team Stats NYJ BUF First Downs 23 8 Total Plays 62 43 Total Yards 330 207 Passing 222 143 Rushing 108 64 Penalties 6 / 40 4 / 69 Possession 34:38 18:55 Turnovers 2 3

See the point you're making it nice, but you just posted the numbers in the same barely coherent format twice.

Stupid mistakes at the worst possible times is a common thing for this team. We're better then the Bills. No question. But, the fact that the Sanchez INT and fumble surprised no one is a problem for this team.

what you saw was a top-tier QB vs. a mid-level guy. period. The excuses are gonna wear thin, man. You can't call every TD lucky and point to meaningless fumbles at the end of the first half all year. Every single QB that had a good game today will have made a mistake or two. It's the way the game guys. There is no perfect, even Revis. But there is winning. Why not enjoy, EY? I dont know about you, I've never experience a real franchise QB before, who can make the throws AND run and win. (btw 71% comp today.) (btw, 29-17 career, 4-2 playoffs (road) better than any Jet QB ever!

So, yeah, you could paint yourself into a corner and die waiting for a flawless football player, but you'll miss a solid decade of Ryan/Sanchez/Revis!!! Go Jets!!!

Better than the Bills was not a "no question" statement before this game - Hence them being 2.5 point favourites.

Even the best teams will make mistakes, and I agree that it's a problem with the team, especially the QB. I'm more worried about the pick than the snap because that's more of a freak occurrence, for the most part, Sanchez was solid today. The timing of the pick after such a dominant drive was what really pissed me off. Still never felt the game was in doubt and how many non-good teams can you say that on the road to a 5-2 team.

I think this is a very good team with an average QB, we're a top QB away from being one of the real elite teams. I think we still have a huge chance to win the division though. Patriots have played worse every week, we've been playing better.

See the point you're making it nice, but you just posted the numbers in the same barely coherent format twice.

I know, man. Like I said, it looked good before I hit send. You get the point. If not, let me help, We dominated them offensively. lol See you next week, Gato when we get even with the Pats.

I'm still drafting a QB with a third round pick next year. F*ck this guy.

Yeah, the smartest thing for everyone involved is for the Jets to go QB somewhere in rounds 3 - 5. Pick up a solid prospect who isn't ready to be a day one starter, defend it with the "backup QB" response while giving Sanchez his last chance to show he can be what they want him to be, and cover their asses in case he can't. Both Tanny and Rex have to consider what it means for them if Sanchez doesn't work out and they don't have another option ready to go, not to mention for the team as a whole. In the meantime move on from Brunell and let McElroy and the rook battle it our for 2/3.

Yeah, the smartest thing for everyone involved is for the Jets to go QB somewhere in rounds 3 - 5. Pick up a solid prospect who isn't ready to be a day one starter, defend it with the "backup QB" response while giving Sanchez his last chance to show he can be what they want him to be, and cover their asses in case he can't. Both Tanny and Rex have to consider what it means for them if Sanchez doesn't work out and they don't have another option ready to go, not to mention for the team as a whole. In the meantime move on from Brunell and let McElroy and the rook battle it our for 2/3.

I agree we need a dependable back-up and if he turns out to be special, all the better. We are nowhere near the point where Sanchez's job is in "last chance mode" however. He has some warts but he is not in danger of losing his job anywhere over the next few seasons.

I agree we need a dependable back-up and if he turns out to be special, all the better. We are nowhere near the point where Sanchez's job is in "last chance mode" however. He has some warts but he is not in danger of losing his job anywhere over the next few seasons.

I suppose it's all a matter of perspective. I don't see him being cut or anything like that, but while he's still pretty much a lock to be the Jets starting QB at the start of next year, if he continues to struggle and guys like McElroy or another young QB start to impress, it's a real possibility he'll start having to compete for his job.

I kept waiting for the part where you screamed at me. :D

But, definitely. Gotta hedge your bets with the QB position. If they don't make the Super Bowl this year and Sanchez is still running hot and cold, you can't ask Rex to go into 2012 without at least some alternative to run out there.

I suppose it's all a matter of perspective. I don't see him being cut or anything like that, but while he's still pretty much a lock to be the Jets starting QB at the start of next year, if he continues to struggle and guys like McElroy or another young QB start to impress, it's a real possibility he'll start having to compete for his job.

I agree with this premise, but the problem with it is that Sanchez will likely keep winning games. Its not like he's a. 500 QB. Yes, he gets to much credit for wins, but it will be difficult to make a QB compete for his job with a currently 61% winning percentage. He could even get up to close 70% by the time the cpmpetition issue shows up.

Archived