2 Weeks for offense to prepare, & this is the type of first half you show up with?

vinnys025

3 points, 2 turnovers, a bobbled opening kick, and offensive linemen yelling at each during a game? Somethings got to change....right away. No more excuses, make a change already before the entire team folds up and packs it in. I see Holmes chirping in Sanchez' ear more and more often.....ala McNabb/Owens' sideline jawing.

3 points, 2 turnovers, a bobbled opening kick, and offensive linemen yelling at each during a game? Somethings got to change....right away. No more excuses, make a change already before the entire team folds up and packs it in. I see Holmes chirping in Sanchez' ear more and more often.....ala McNabb/Owens' sideline jawing.

Until you can prove to me what Holmes is saying is in anyway non-productive like Ownes, shut up. Holmes talked about it during his presser, he tries to keep Mark positive after he makes mistakes. So keep it up Tone.

BTW, your Cowboys star is lame

I made this at halftime. I stand by my frustration, that was inexcusable. If you guys can't realize that our defense won the game in the second half, your delusional. If our defense isn't lights out, we loose with this terrible QB. Sanchez is a bottom 5 starting QB in the league.

I made this at halftime. I stand by my frustration, that was inexcusable. If you guys can't realize that our defense won the game in the second half, your delusional. If our defense isn't lights out, we loose with this terrible QB. Sanchez is a bottom 5 starting QB in the league.

We're you hoping for Schotty fired at the half?

...still loaded with fail. Offense showed up. Wait the whole game...

The defense took the beginning of that game off more than the O.

1. Pittsburgh Drives for the TD

2. Jets Punt on ensuing drive.

3. Jets defense intercepts a pass.

4. Jets go 3 and out.

5. Steelers kick a FG

6. Jets go 3 and out.

7. Steelers score a TD.

8. Jets QB sacked and fumbles for TD.

9. Jets kick a FG.

So, the offense had two 3 and outs, one seven play punt drive, and a fumble for a TD. They were able to put 3 points on the board at the end of the half.

Not to excuse the defense completely, because they were not good, but they did manage to get a turnover which the Jets could not capitalize on. Beyond the obvious -4 contribution from the offense, how about losing the battle of field position and not allowing the defense a moment to rest? The offense puts up +10 instead of -4 and we're in great shape. That's not so much to ask.

Or... It could be all Doug Brien's fault?

Rex should hire you to fire up the team.

Come on dude, we won the game 27-11. We dominated the Bills defensively. AS I see things we are getting progressively better now each week. And at the right time. We need to bury the Pats this coming sunday and take control finally of the AFC east. That is our mission from the start of the season. That was and is our goal. Win the division then lets see what happens in the playoffs.

I think we are moving in the right direction, finally.

Do Jet fans understand that a game has 2 halves, 4 quarters and isn't over at the half?

Way to fail.

Do Jets fans understand that we have a good team... constant Giants homer-ism in this town even when they suck but Jets fans can't excited about their team when it is a consistent playoff contender.

Do Jet fans understand that a game has 2 halves, 4 quarters and isn't over at the half?

Way to fail.

Do Schotty lovers realize that Schotty made the same bone-headed mistake this weekend on the first drive, passing into the end zone, after running for 90+ yards downfield, that they made vs Pittsburgh in the AFCCG last year? Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat, right? Or are you saying we can just piss away opportunities because there are more later on?

4. Jets go 3 and out.

5. Steelers kick a FG

6. Jets go 3 and out.

7. Steelers score a TD.

9. Jets kick a FG.

So, the offense had two 3 and outs, one seven play punt drive, and a fumble for a TD. They were able to put 3 points on the board at the end of the half.

Not to excuse the defense completely, because they were not good, but they did manage to get a turnover which the Jets could not capitalize on. Beyond the obvious -4 contribution from the offense, how about losing the battle of field position and not allowing the defense a moment to rest? The offense puts up +10 instead of -4 and we're in great shape. That's not so much to ask.

Nice

Do Schotty lovers realize that Schotty made the same bone-headed mistake this weekend on the first drive, passing into the end zone, after running for 90+ yards downfield, that they made vs Pittsburgh in the AFCCG last year? Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat, right? Or are you saying we can just piss away opportunities because there are more later on?

I don't usually wanna bring up memories like that AFCCG game, but can you show me that play? Maybe there's a video on youtube?

I don't usually wanna bring up memories like that AFCCG game, but can you show me that play? Maybe there's a video on youtube?

Surely you will recall, in the second half, right after Shonn Greene leveled one of their guys setting up 2nd and goal inside the 1, the Jets called a playaction, which one of the Pittsburgh dbacks was able to read and block because one of our guys lined up in pass protection.

I don't have the time to really dig this up online, I'm sure someone can back this up. Schotty blamed the lineman, instead of just pounding the rock.

Only an idiot like Schotty would try to pass into the end zone after running the ball down Buffalo's throat on the opening drive! It's not like they started on the 6 yard line and put up 59 yards through the air on that drive or anything.

Surely you will recall, in the second half, right after Shonn Greene leveled one of their guys setting up 2nd and goal inside the 1, the Jets called a playaction, which one of the Pittsburgh dbacks was able to read and block because one of our guys lined up in pass protection.

I don't have the time to really dig this up online, I'm sure someone can back this up. Schotty blamed the lineman, instead of just pounding the rock.

Sorry... drugs, alcohol and marriage has ruined my brain. There are no memories here.

Only an idiot like Schotty would try to pass into the end zone after running the ball down Buffalo's throat on the opening drive! It's not like they started on the 6 yard line and put up 59 yards through the air on that drive or anything.

Stop clouding the issue with facts

4. Jets go 3 and out.

5. Steelers kick a FG

6. Jets go 3 and out.

7. Steelers score a TD.

9. Jets kick a FG.

I certainly don't disagree with your assessment, but the defense is always going to catch more crap for that game for 3 reasons:

1. The expectations for the defense always have been and always will be much higher than the offense as long as Rex is head coach.

2. That opening drive featured some of the worst tackling in the history of professional football, and that sticks in people's heads.

3. When the offense finally got their sh*t together in the second half, it was the defense who were the last ones left on the field allowing the game to be killed by the Steelers without giving the Jets offense one last opportunity to pull off the win.

Now granted, none of these things makes me believe that the offense wasn't abysmal in that first half and doesn't deserve a whooooole lot of blame, or forget the fact that the D's second half performance played a huge part in the Jets' comeback attempt, but those 3 things are what stick out in most people's heads, particularly since it was the D's failure that was the very first and very last thing we all got to witness in that game.

I absolutely despise Schotty with every fiber of my being, but even I know he deserves no blame for that horrendous INT and called a good game yesterday. That said, I also know all of those rushing to praise him after this game are fooling themselves if they think anything has really changed with him.

Archived