Schotty - Yes Another Thread

greeniemeanie

I have been one of the Schottenheimer's harshest critics over the past few years, and I felt it was needed to give this man his due.

The offensive game plan, IMHO, was great. Sure Sanchez made some poor decisions, but overall the offense seemed to be on key. Schotty called a great game yesterday. Even in the first half. I felt like we were balanced, we used a good combination of running and passing play calls, and we effectively had our way with Buffalo by keeping them off balance.

I feel that if I am to call Schotty out as much as I do, it is only fair to give him credit when due.

Had Sanchez protected the ball more yesterday, we could have easily scored 40+, and a lot of the credit must to to Schotty.

Great job by the offense and our OC yesterday. Hopefully it carries over to next Sunday, and Sanchez puts together a full 4 quarters of solid decision making.

This is part of what is actually so infuriating about Schotty. He absolutely shows the ability at least a few times per season to make you think he's finally pulled his head out of his a$$, and yesterday absolutely qualifies as one of those, but in the end there's still just as many, if not more, games each season that make you wonder how anyone who's ever even just watched a single football game in their life could think some of these decisions are even slightly intelligent. It was without a doubt a good gameplan and play-calling yesterday, but after 6 years I'm not convinced this is anything more than just one good game that says nothing about how he'll do from here on out. Here's hoping I'm wrong about that.

This is part of what is actually so infuriating about Schotty. He absolutely shows the ability at least a few times per season to make you think he's finally pulled his head out of his a$$, and yesterday absolutely qualifies as one of those, but in the end there's still just as many, if not more, games each season that make you wonder how anyone who's ever even just watched a single football game in their life could think some of these decisions are even slightly intelligent. It was without a doubt a good gameplan and play-calling yesterday, but after 6 years I'm not convinced this is anything more than just one good game that says nothing about how he'll do from here on out. Here's hoping I'm wrong about that.

Yep the key is consistency, and while I give him credit for yesterday he has to call games like this every week. The best call was when buffalo was in an all out blitz and a screen was called to LT When we start seeing that on a regular basis and we start seeing plays that actully make the QBs job easier rather than harder, then shotty can get credit. I wonder how much Moore is starting to rub off because the last 2 games we targeted Plax more than we did the entire season and hes not easy for a defense to deal with. While Sanchez had 2 miscues yesterday hes certainly starting to play pretty damn good over this winning streak and its hard to blame him for getting blown up in the games our O-Line sh*t the bed so I guess the same goes for Shotty. Only difference is Shotty has been here 6 years and Sanchez is really just starting to gel as a QB. 13 Td's 7 Int's is pretty damn good considering what some other QB's are putting out this year.

Archived