NE's secondary is currently in shambles. Their backup SS behind Ihedigbo, Josh Barrett, has just been placed on IR.

JetsFanFromQueens

"Saftey Josh Barrett was placed on injured reserve with a calf injury. The team signed linebacker Niko Koutouvides and defensive back Sterling Moore (who was on the practice squad) to the 53-man roster.

Barrett played in five games this season but missed three of the last four games. He has been recently listed on the injury report with thumb/hamstring injuries. But he did play against the Giants in a sub role."

So, in less than 2-3 weeks, they've now lost their starting nickel and dime backs in Leigh Bodden (released) and Ras-I Dowling (IR), as well as their backup strong safety in Josh Barrett? Can someone say makeshift secondary?

NE's defensive line also looks extremely weak as of right now. Nothing like it did heading into the season. They just released Albert Haynesworth, and Shaun Ellis was inactive and missed the Giants game due to a rib injury last week. When Ellis sits out, you know he's hurt. Chances are, Shaun Ellis won't play against the Jets come Sunday Night. If Ellis does indeed sit out, NE is down to only 6 defensive lineman in Wilfork, Carter, Anderson, Love and Deaderick. A bunch of "who's"? Deaderick is a 2nd year player with only 15 career tackles. Gerard Warren is a 3rd string DT with only 5 tackles on the year. Kyle Love is a 2nd year DT. He's born in South Korea and went undrafted last year.

To make it worse, both Chung (starting FS) and Spikes (starting IMLB) did not participate in practice yesterday due to injury. Chances are they'll both play, but even if only one of Chung or Spikes doesn't play, it'll become a huge break for the Jets offense.

Regardless, this NE defense is in shambles right now, and if Ellis can't play... NE's defensive line is in just as much trouble.

Wait a damm minute...you mean to tell me with the oooodles of draft picks the genius Belichicken has had over the years and he doesn't have any depth? ESPN and Peter King told us they were great picks... :sign0103:

What you cannot cut paste the 20 or so picks with 15 or so late round picks to illustrate your point? Weak.

I was a huge fan of Barrett coming out of college. I thought Denver got a steal in the 7th. Figured playing hurt most of his time at ASU kept him from going higher. I was really pissed when I heard the Pats picked him up off waivers. But with that said, he hasn't been very good prior to injury.

The NE Patriots are not a good Football team. They really dont have a ton of talent. Some good players here and there but nobody that jumps off the screen at you. Brady, TE's, Wilfork, Mayo, Mankins. Thats about it. They have zero depth. Just really not all that good.

The Jets are pretty much better or equal at every position except QB. And unfortunately for the Jets, he's so much better that its enough to beat the Jets.

Luckily the patriots wont need a secondary against Sanchize and the Jets.

Stop trying to act as if Sanchez doesn't have a chance come Sunday night against this Patriots defense. The negativity around here is pathetic.

Sanchez is having a very good season, especially considering the fact that he's only a 3rd year quarterback. Sanchez has a QB rating of 84.0 (and climbing), has averaged 221.8 passing yards per game, has a completion percentage of 57.5% (62.1 outside the Ravens game) and has thrown for 13 TD's/7 INT's. Sanchez also ranks 8th amongst QB's with 13 TD's thrown and only 2 TD's away from being top 5 in TD's thrown.

Ok, so Sanchez has had two bad games against the Patriots during his 3 year career. Once during his rookie season, and once during NE's blow out performance against us last season. Outside of those two games, Sanchez has gone 67/103, 743 yards, 64.7%, 9 TD's/0 INT's with a QB rating of 114.5 during the other 4 games against the Patriots. How quickly you forget when making piss a$$ comments such as "Luckily the patriots wont need a secondary against Sanchize and the Jets".

Your little negative criticism of Mark Sanchez heading into this game stinks. You're probably the same type of fan who made comments such as "Luckily the patriots wont need a secondary against Sanchize and the Jets" before heading into our playoff game, on the road in Foxboro last year, where Sanchez went 16/25, 194 yards, 64.0%, 3 TD's/0 INT's with a QB rating of 127.3.

i cant believe Ihedibo is a starting safety for any NFL defense.

I can. Look no further than the Patriots secondary. Ihedigbo is an awful safety. New England has a laughing stock secondary. Put two and two together, and it's a match made in heaven. You know what's just as funny? Ihedigbo's their starting safety, but yet, has yet to record an INT, a sack, a forced fumble or even a fumble recovery this season. How pathetic. He's made 30 tackles, thanks to allowing about 25 receptions.

Bill Belichick is no Rex Ryan on the defensive side of the ball. Belichick is finally getting exposed as a defensive fraud and far from "genius". During 2009 and 2010, Rex Ryan got 5 sacks, 1 forced fumble and 1 fumble recovery our of Ihedigbo; as a backup. Belichick can't even get those numbers out of Ihedigbo as a starter. During 2009 and 2010, Rex got 61 tackles, 11 sacks and 2 forced fumbles out of Shaun Ellis. Belichick has only gotten 7 tackles and 0's across the board during 7 games out of Ellis. It's hilarious watching Belichick trying to get JET PRODUCTION out of these guys, and walking away with nothing a.k.a failed coaching and scouting.

It's also funny watching Brad Smith and James Ihedigbo BUST with both Buffalo and New England this season. Two words; Mike Westhoff. Did Buffalo really expect to get the type of special teams performance out of Brad Smith, as Westhoff has gotten with guys such as Morton, Miller, Leon, Cromartie, Brad Smith, McKnight etc, etc? And did Belichick really expect for Ihedigbo to perform on kickoff coverage as he did with Westhoff and the Jets? Laughable.

What you cannot cut paste the 20 or so picks with 15 or so late round picks to illustrate your point? Weak.

For your reading pleasure...10 picks in the 1st thru 3rd round dedicated to the secondary...are you happy with the results?

Ras I-Dowling (2nd round)

Malcom William (7th round)

Devin Mccourty (1st round)

Patrick Chung (2nd round)

Darius Butler (2nd round)

Terence Wheatly (2nd round)

Jonathan Wilhite (4th round)

Brandon Meriwether (1st round)

Mike Richardson (6th round)

Willie Andrews (7th round)

Ellis Hobbs (3rd round)

James Sanders (4th round)

Guss Scott (3rd round)

Dexter Reed (4th round)

Christian Morton (4th round)

Eugene Wilson (2nd round)

Asante Samuel (4th round)

Brock Williams (3rd round)

Hakim Akbar (5th round)

Leonard Myers (6th round)

Antwan Harris (6th round)

"Saftey Josh Barrett was placed on injured reserve with a calf injury. The team signed linebacker Niko Koutouvides and defensive back Sterling Moore (who was on the practice squad) to the 53-man roster.

Barrett played in five games this season but missed three of the last four games. He has been recently listed on the injury report with thumb/hamstring injuries. But he did play against the Giants in a sub role."

So, in less than 2-3 weeks, they've now lost their starting nickel and dime backs in Leigh Bodden (released) and Ras-I Dowling (IR), as well as their backup strong safety in Josh Barrett? Can someone say makeshift secondary?

NE's defensive line also looks extremely weak as of right now. Nothing like it did heading into the season. They just released Albert Haynesworth, and Shaun Ellis was inactive and missed the Giants game due to a rib injury last week. When Ellis sits out, you know he's hurt. Chances are, Shaun Ellis won't play against the Jets come Sunday Night. If Ellis does indeed sit out, NE is down to only 6 defensive lineman in Wilfork, Carter, Anderson, Love and Deaderick. A bunch of "who's"? Deaderick is a 2nd year player with only 15 career tackles. Gerard Warren is a 3rd string DT with only 5 tackles on the year. Kyle Love is a 2nd year DT. He's born in South Korea and went undrafted last year.

To make it worse, both Chung (starting FS) and Spikes (starting IMLB) did not participate in practice yesterday due to injury. Chances are they'll both play, but even if only one of Chung or Spikes doesn't play, it'll become a huge break for the Jets offense.

Regardless, this NE defense is in shambles right now, and if Ellis can't play... NE's defensive line is in just as much trouble.

Agreed, but honestly neither the Steelers nor the Giants did much against them offensively. I wonder if our offense is up to the task.

I'll do it. Belichick has been awful at drafting real talent.

Laurence Maroney, RB, 1st round bust.

Brandon Meriweather, 1st round bust.

Devin McCourty, CB, 1st round bust (thus far).

Adrian Klemm, OT, 2nd round bust.

Chad Jackson, WR, 2nd round bust.

Bethel Johnson, WR, 2nd round bust.

Terrence Wheatley, CB, 2nd round bust.

Jermaine Cunningham, OLB, 2nd round bust.

Ron Brace, DT, 2nd round bust.

Darius Butler, CB, 2nd round bust.

Ras-I Dowling, 2nd round bust.

Shane Vereen, RB, 2nd round bust.

JR Redmond, RB, 3rd round bust.

Brock Williams, CB, 3rd round bust.

Marquise Hill, DE, 3rd round bust.

Guss Scott, Safety, 3rd round bust.

David Thomas, TE, 3rd round bust.

Shawn Crable, LB, 3rd round bust.

Kevin O’Connell, QB, 3rd round bust.

Brandon Tate, WR, 3rd round bust.

Tyrone McKenzie, OLB, 3rd round bust.

Taylor Price, WR, 3rd round bust.

Pathetic. Thank god for Mike Tannenbaum. And who the hell are JAG's such as Patrick Pass, Casey Tisdale, David Nugent, Jeff, Marriott, Dave Stachelski, Greg Robinson-Randall, T.J Turner, Owen Pochman, Leonard Myers, Arther Love, Hakim Akbar, Jabari Holloway, Antowine Womak, Rohan Davey, Ethan Kelley, Spencer Nead, Dan Klecko, Christian Morton, Cedric Cobbs, Dexter Reid, Andy Stokes, Ryan Claridge, Willie Andrews, Le Kevin Smith, Dan Stevenson, Jeremy Mincey, Garret Mills, Oscar Lua, Kareem Brown etc, etc.

Who are these guys? I have no idea, but Bill Belichick has drafted them ahahahah. What makes it sad, is most of these guys are 4th round busts.

Agreed, but honestly neither the Steelers nor the Giants did much against them offensively.

Huh?

Ben Roethlisberger threw for 29 first downs, 365 yards, 72%, 2 TD's and a QB rating of 97.5. The Steelers put up FOUR HUNDRED AND TWENTY SEVEN offensive yards against this NE defense! Pittsburgh also rushed for 97 yards... Did you NOT watch the game? lol. The Steelers scored 25 points.

Agreed, but honestly neither the Steelers nor the Giants did much against them offensively. I wonder if our offense is up to the task.

Steelers did nothing? Against the Patriots? Really?

For your reading pleasure...10 picks in the 1st thru 3rd round dedicated to the secondary...are you happy with the results?

Ras I-Dowling (2nd round)

Malcom William (7th round)

Devin Mccourty (1st round)

Patrick Chung (2nd round)

Darius Butler (2nd round)

Terence Wheatly (2nd round)

Jonathan Wilhite (4th round)

Brandon Meriwether (1st round)

Mike Richardson (6th round)

Willie Andrews (7th round)

Ellis Hobbs (3rd round)

James Sanders (4th round)

Guss Scott (3rd round)

Dexter Reed (4th round)

Christian Morton (4th round)

Eugene Wilson (2nd round)

Asante Samuel (4th round)

Brock Williams (3rd round)

Hakim Akbar (5th round)

Leonard Myers (6th round)

Antwan Harris (6th round)

And your list means what?

11 of the picks were drafted on day 2 and stood little chance to make the team. Not a big deal.

Of the remaining 10, 5 were/are productive (McCourty, Chung, Meriweatehr, Hobbs and Wilson). Dowling remains to be seen. Williams never got on the field due to injuries. Butler and Wheatly were disappointments.

And that you had to go back to 2003 kind of lessens your point. 21 picks in 9 years? Wow.

If Barrett's placement on IR is an "eh" - the safeties sucked before him, during him and after him. Truth be told, it's the safeties and LB's in coverage that are bad. The corner's are bad....but not as bad as the other two mentioned. Spikes can play run, not space. Chung can hit, he can't cover. If the Jets were smart, they would throw to Keller all day.

I'll do it. Belichick has been awful at drafting real talent.

Laurence Maroney, RB, 1st round bust.

Brandon Meriweather, 1st round bust.

Devin McCourty, CB, 1st round bust (thus far).

Adrian Klemm, OT, 2nd round bust.

Chad Jackson, WR, 2nd round bust.

Bethel Johnson, WR, 2nd round bust.

Terrence Wheatley, CB, 2nd round bust.

Jermaine Cunningham, OLB, 2nd round bust.

Ron Brace, DT, 2nd round bust.

Darius Butler, CB, 2nd round bust.

Ras-I Dowling, 2nd round bust.

Shane Vereen, RB, 2nd round bust.

JR Redmond, RB, 3rd round bust.

Brock Williams, CB, 3rd round bust.

Marquise Hill, DE, 3rd round bust.

Guss Scott, Safety, 3rd round bust.

David Thomas, TE, 3rd round bust.

Shawn Crable, LB, 3rd round bust.

Kevin O’Connell, QB, 3rd round bust.

Brandon Tate, WR, 3rd round bust.

Tyrone McKenzie, OLB, 3rd round bust.

Taylor Price, WR, 3rd round bust.

Pathetic. Thank god for Mike Tannenbaum. And who the hell are JAG's such as Patrick Pass, Casey Tisdale, David Nugent, Jeff, Marriott, Dave Stachelski, Greg Robinson-Randall, T.J Turner, Owen Pochman, Leonard Myers, Arther Love, Hakim Akbar, Jabari Holloway, Antowine Womak, Rohan Davey, Ethan Kelley, Spencer Nead, Dan Klecko, Christian Morton, Cedric Cobbs, Dexter Reid, Andy Stokes, Ryan Claridge, Willie Andrews, Le Kevin Smith, Dan Stevenson, Jeremy Mincey, Garret Mills, Oscar Lua, Kareem Brown etc, etc.

Who are these guys? I have no idea, but Bill Belichick has drafted them ahahahah. What makes it sad, is most of these guys are 4th round busts.

You are a joke.

I stopped at Meriweather. You lost all credibility there.

Bust? Really.

Meriweather was decent. He made 1 ProBowl he deserved and 1 he did not.

Hardly a bust.

I said "The Steelers didn't do much against [the Pats] offensively", yes. They got a lot of yards, but just 25 points. Not that 25 points is nothing, but if the Patriots truly have the worst secondary in the league then they did a decent enough job. Knowing that the Jets offense sucks compared to the Steelers, it's doubtful the Jets will put up more than 20. Meanwhile, Tom Brady is more than capable of putting up 21 all by himself on a good day.

I said "The Steelers didn't do much against [the Pats] offensively", yes. They got a lot of yards, but just 25 points. Not that 25 points is nothing, but if the Patriots truly have the worst secondary in the league then they did a decent enough job. Knowing that the Jets offense sucks compared to the Steelers, it's doubtful the Jets will put up more than 20. Meanwhile, Tom Brady is more than capable of putting up 21 all by himself on a good day.

Yup. New England, for all their flaws, is not giving up huge point totals in these games. Its the one thing that Belichick has done well with this group since they went into the tank defensively. Once the field shortens the big disadvantages in the secondary are no longer so huge since the receivers dont have the space to get open on a field clogged with defenders. From a scoring perspective the Pats are actually slightly above average, holding teams to 1.5% below their normal averages. For comparison the Jets are at 11%, so its not a huge difference. the 49ers are best in the NFL at an incredible 40.6%. Thats on par with the 2000 Ravens and just below the 2002 Bucs. I know the competition level isnt great but they have the makings of making Alex Smith into this decades Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. Thats a huge difference, but its not huge between the Jets and Pats despite the fact that the Jets are a far better defense down by down. The end results have been close to the same.

And your list means what?

11 of the picks were drafted on day 2 and stood little chance to make the team. Not a big deal.

Of the remaining 10, 5 were/are productive (McCourty, Chung, Meriweatehr, Hobbs and Wilson). Dowling remains to be seen. Williams never got on the field due to injuries. Butler and Wheatly were disappointments.

And that you had to go back to 2003 kind of lessens your point. 21 picks in 9 years? Wow.

Dude, you asked for the list...my point was made without it...either way looks like the Belicheat has changed his ways and now trades his "second day" picks for Haynesworth and Ocho-stinko...hows that working for ya?

If Barrett's placement on IR is an "eh" - the safeties sucked before him, during him and after him. Truth be told, it's the safeties and LB's in coverage that are bad. The corner's are bad....but not as bad as the other two mentioned. Spikes can play run, not space. Chung can hit, he can't cover. If the Jets were smart, they would throw to Keller all day.

You said this last time and were right. What did the jets do? run. Wanna bet what they are gonna do again?

Stop trying to act as if Sanchez doesn't have a chance come Sunday night against this Patriots defense.

He doesnt. We're doomed! DOOMED!

The negativity around here is pathetic.

So is the blind homerism. I'd rather be negative and be proven wrong than ride Sanchizes c0ck and be proven wrong.

Sanchez is having a very good season, especially considering the fact that he's only a 3rd year quarterback. Sanchez has a QB rating of 84.0 (and climbing), has averaged 221.8 passing yards per game, has a completion percentage of 57.5% (62.1 outside the Ravens game) and has thrown for 13 TD's/7 INT's. Sanchez also ranks 8th amongst QB's with 13 TD's thrown and only 2 TD's away from being top 5 in TD's thrown.

Im tired of the "HE'S ONLY XXX YEAR QB!" Bullsh!t to that. And sorry, you cant take out the Ravens game. The guy has some good games, has some real sh!tasitc games, and some average games. He's not a superstar. He never will be. He's a good average QB that doesnt make too many mistakes that cost us games. But STOP trying to prop him up as anything more than decent. And STOP trying to glaze over his bad performances. YOU LEARN MORE FROM THE BAD THAN FROM THE GOOD.

Ok, so Sanchez has had two bad games against the Patriots during his 3 year career. Once during his rookie season, and once during NE's blow out performance against us last season. Outside of those two games, Sanchez has gone 67/103, 743 yards, 64.7%, 9 TD's/0 INT's with a QB rating of 114.5 during the other 4 games against the Patriots. How quickly you forget when making piss a$$ comments such as "Luckily the patriots wont need a secondary against Sanchize and the Jets".

I dont care what he did in previous years against the Pats. Different teams for both sides. What matters is this year.

This year he went 16 for 26, 166yds with 2 TD's, in a losing effort. Pats have had a sh!tty secondary all year, and Sanchize only throws for 166yds? His longest throw was 22yds... AGAINST A SH!TTY SECONDARY! SERIOUSLY? YOU'RE DEFENDING THIS ****!NG GUY?

3rd down- 3 for 11. 27% Sanchize throws incomplete 4 times. 4 TIMES! Ugh.

Your little negative criticism of Mark Sanchez heading into this game stinks.

Yep. It stinks. You're right. He's a God among men. He is only worthy of praise! Lets overlook his flaws! Lets pretend he is so F#CKING awesome! WOO!!!

Guess what? It DOESNT F#CKING MATTER WHAT YOU OR I THINK. WE HAVE NO BEARING ON THIS GAME. WE'RE FANS. AND NOT ALL FANS RIDE SANCHIZE LIKE YOU DO.

You're probably the same type of fan who made comments such as "Luckily the patriots wont need a secondary against Sanchize and the Jets" before heading into our playoff game, on the road in Foxboro last year, where Sanchez went 16/25, 194 yards, 64.0%, 3 TD's/0 INT's with a QB rating of 127.3.

I probably said the thing I always say about Sanchez. He's average and he needs to make sure he doesnt cost us the game. And he didnt. In fact, he made 2 big plays in that game that helped us win. But, he's also had crappy games where he's made crappy plays.. unlike you I dont gloss over the crap games...

So, in conclusion, I am a negative person. I dont think Sanchez is anything more than middle of the road decent with moments of greatness. I dont think he and the team are smart enough to exploit the weak pats secondary. I hope Im wrong. But I will never be a fanboy like you who overlooks any moment of craptastic performances.

Archived