NE's secondary is currently in shambles. Their backup SS behind Ihedigbo, Josh Barrett, has just been placed on IR.

JetsFanFromQueens

Yup. New England, for all their flaws, is not giving up huge point totals in these games. Its the one thing that Belichick has done well with this group since they went into the tank defensively. Once the field shortens the big disadvantages in the secondary are no longer so huge since the receivers dont have the space to get open on a field clogged with defenders. From a scoring perspective the Pats are actually slightly above average, holding teams to 1.5% below their normal averages. For comparison the Jets are at 11%, so its not a huge difference. the 49ers are best in the NFL at an incredible 40.6%. Thats on par with the 2000 Ravens and just below the 2002 Bucs. I know the competition level isnt great but they have the makings of making Alex Smith into this decades Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson. Thats a huge difference, but its not huge between the Jets and Pats despite the fact that the Jets are a far better defense down by down. The end results have been close to the same.

The point is though, you can move the chains vs. the Patriots. And teams that are efficient in the red zone, can score on the Patriots. Dallas and Pitts are bad in the Red Zone...the Giants are good, at 6th scored 24pts and had a turnover in the RZ. The Jets are 5th in the league in RZ TD percentage.

If they can avoid 6 3 and outs to start the game or whatever it was...they should really should be fine. They found a rhythm after that slow start. I think they score over 28pts in this contest.

Dude, you asked for the list...my point was made without it...either way looks like the Belicheat has changed his ways and now trades his "second day" picks for Haynesworth and Ocho-stinko...hows that working for ya?

Really?

21 picks over 9 years is making a point? Ok.

The Pats lost a safety that was on the bench behind James Ihedigbo! How will they survive? They dropped two sh*tty corners and a sh*tty safety. Big ******* deal. Their secondary sucked before and it will suck again.

Big deal? You couldn't be more wrong.

Yes, the Patriots secondary was awful before these injuries, but NE now has a secondary that's more than just awful; it's in shambles. The Patriots never "dropped" two cornerbacks, as if Belichick only releasedf Bodden and Dowling to improve an already weak secondary; NE lost both Bodden and Dowling due to injury. Big difference when compared to just dropping two CB's, as you like to put it.The only reason why Belichick was forced to release his nickel back in Bodden, was because Bodden just had season-ending back surgery on a herniated disk. That's why Belichick was forced to release Bodden, because the man was hurt, not because NE dropped him. And Dowling was actually NE's #2 CB when healthy. Ras-I Dowling started the only two games he played, over both Bodden and Arrington. Kind of hard to consider Dowling a sh*tty corner when he was drafted very early during the 2nd round this year. Almost as ignorant as Jet fans calling Kyle Wilson a bum after only his rookie season last year.

They've lost two of their top 4 CB's in Bodden and Dowling to IR, along with a backup Safety in Barrett to IR, but yet, you're acting as if it's not a big deal? How nieve one can be.

This is worse than the Jets losing Wilson, Strickland and Pool to IR. At least we'd still have Revis and Cromartie on the outside. But then again, we'd also be stuck with Cole as our nickel back, Trufant as our dime back and Cook as our backup safety. Still not a big deal? Laughable. To make it worse on NE, their current nickel and dime backs (not by choise as you put it) in Molden and Adams combine for 0 career INT's, 0 sacks and 0 forced fumbles after 6 years of being in the league combined. Unlike the Jets, NE doesn't even have a 5th cornerback on the roster, and the only backup safety they now have goes by the name of Sergio Brown. Not a big deal? Too funny.

If you feel Bodden, Dowling and Barrett are sh*tty, what's that say about Molden, Adams and Brown? Not a big deal? I can't believe I actually seen you type that. As if it's not a big deal. The way you look at football TheDominator, I guess NE being without both Spikes and Fletcher for the Jets game isn't a big ******* deal either, all because NE's defense has already been awful with them. As if they won't get worse without them. Both have been ruled out for the Jets. Fletcher is NE's starting LOLB when running a 3-4 defense and Spikes is NE's #2 IMLB opposite of Mayo when running a 3-4 defense. Spikes is also NE's starting 4-3 MLB when running a 4-3 defense.

Yeah, your right TheDominator; These injuries to NE aren't a big deal. But on the other hand, if the Jets lost our nickel, dime and backup safety to IR... you'd be singing a different tune.

What's really at question here is whether or not we will try to exploit their weakness. I am 100% behind ground and pound for this Jets team, but we have to be able to rise and adjust to another teams weakness when it is this glaring. The likes of Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, Dustin Keller, Ladanian Tomlinson out of the backfield on screens and an honorable mention of Kerley who is coming on, should be able to eat the Pats alive with their secondary problems.. Literally.

It would really be a shame if we keep them in this by trying to pound it at the one strength they have on D which is Wilfork with Mayo behind him. They are solid if not more especially wilfork. Make no mistake about that. Even with Mangold handling Wilfork.

I would love to see Sanchez tossing mid range passes to Plax and Keller all day long. Let's let them out jump and out work the Pats secondary. Then pound their lights out in the fourth when they're shell shocked by sacrificing huge chunks of yardage to our passing game.

Will Schotty and the offense rise to this and exploit the Pats 32nd rated D???????

Wilfork and Mayo are not the only two they are have. They also have Mark Anderson and Andre Carter who are both tied for a team lead of 4.5 sacks. Shaun Ellis is still upfront. Brandon Spikes can be an instinctive difference maker and Patrick Chung and Devin McCourty are also two good players. Cornerback Kyle Arrington is leading the league with 5 interceptions, snagging one on the goaline against Eli and Rob Ninkovich OLB is no slouch as well. This unit is really improving as of late. Those were some bad pass interference calls that put Eli and company in position.

What's really at question here is whether or not we will try to exploit their weakness. I am 100% behind ground and pound for this Jets team, but we have to be able to rise and adjust to another teams weakness when it is this glaring. The likes of Plaxico Burress, Santonio Holmes, Dustin Keller, Ladanian Tomlinson out of the backfield on screens and an honorable mention of Kerley who is coming on, should be able to eat the Pats alive with their secondary problems.. Literally.

It would really be a shame if we keep them in this by trying to pound it at the one strength they have on D which is Wilfork with Mayo behind him. They are solid if not more especially wilfork. Make no mistake about that. Even with Mangold handling Wilfork.

I would love to see Sanchez tossing mid range passes to Plax and Keller all day long. Let's let them out jump and out work the Pats secondary. Then pound their lights out in the fourth when they're shell shocked by sacrificing huge chunks of yardage to our passing game.

Will Schotty and the offense rise to this and exploit the Pats 32nd rated D???????

This is what bothers me. Their weakness is so obvious, it seems we should go right at it. But that would lead to shorter drives, and that plays into their hands. Brady is still Brady, I would want to exploit their weakness, but I don't want to give Brady TOO many extra possessions and turn this into a shootout. As good as our defense is, we may lose that type of game.

If Barrett's placement on IR is an "eh" - the safeties sucked before him, during him and after him. Truth be told, it's the safeties and LB's in coverage that are bad. The corner's are bad....but not as bad as the other two mentioned. Spikes can play run, not space. Chung can hit, he can't cover. If the Jets were smart, they would throw to Keller all day.

It's just too bad the Jets OC is Brian Schottenheimer, the man who's brought Marty's postseason failures into the regular season. There probably won't be a single playcall all day designed to go to Keller... that would just be too obvious after all.

Big deal? You couldn't be more wrong.

Yes, the Patriots secondary was awful before these injuries, but NE now has a secondary that's more than just awful; it's in shambles. The Patriots never "dropped" two cornerbacks, as if Belichick only releasedf Bodden and Dowling to improve an already weak secondary; NE lost both Bodden and Dowling due to injury. Big difference when compared to just dropping two CB's, as you like to put it.The only reason why Belichick was forced to release his nickel back in Bodden, was because Bodden just had season-ending back surgery on a herniated disk. That's why Belichick was forced to release Bodden, because the man was hurt, not because NE dropped him. And Dowling was actually NE's #2 CB when healthy. Ras-I Dowling started the only two games he played, over both Bodden and Arrington. Kind of hard to consider Dowling a sh*tty corner when he was drafted very early during the 2nd round this year. Almost as ignorant as Jet fans calling Kyle Wilson a bum after only his rookie season last year.

They've lost two of their top 4 CB's in Bodden and Dowling to IR, along with a backup Safety in Barrett to IR, but yet, you're acting as if it's not a big deal? How nieve one can be.

This is worse than the Jets losing Wilson, Strickland and Pool to IR. At least we'd still have Revis and Cromartie on the outside. But then again, we'd also be stuck with Cole as our nickel back, Trufant as our dime back and Cook as our backup safety. Still not a big deal? Laughable. To make it worse on NE, their current nickel and dime backs (not by choise as you put it) in Molden and Adams combine for 0 career INT's, 0 sacks and 0 forced fumbles after 6 years of being in the league combined. Unlike the Jets, NE doesn't even have a 5th cornerback on the roster, and the only backup safety they now have goes by the name of Sergio Brown. Not a big deal? Too funny.

If you feel Bodden, Dowling and Barrett are sh*tty, what's that say about Molden, Adams and Brown? Not a big deal? I can't believe I actually seen you type that. As if it's not a big deal. The way you look at football TheDominator, I guess NE being without both Spikes and Fletcher for the Jets game isn't a big ******* deal either, all because NE's defense has already been awful with them. As if they won't get worse without them. Both have been ruled out for the Jets. Fletcher is NE's starting LOLB when running a 3-4 defense and Spikes is NE's #2 IMLB opposite of Mayo when running a 3-4 defense. Spikes is also NE's starting 4-3 MLB when running a 4-3 defense.

Yeah, your right TheDominator; These injuries to NE aren't a big deal. But on the other hand, if the Jets lost our nickel, dime and backup safety to IR... you'd be singing a different tune.

Blah, blah, blah. That's a lot of words, but Istand by what I said. They cut Bodden. He wasn't "lost due to injury". He was cut due to sucking and laziness. His "season ending surgery" didn't end his season until after he was cut and I can't believe bullsh*t like him measuring one leg 3" shorter than the other. Sounds like the bullsh*t some quack chiro told him. I don't think teams can just go around cutting guys who are hurt, in fact I think they owe the guy an injury settlement which may be what he is lookign for. Either way, big ******* deal. The guy sucked and was cut. OMG! The Pats are missing three sh*tty DBs!

It's not like the Jets losing Wilson, Stickland and Pool because the difference between those stiffs the Pats lost and street free agents isn't so great. Guys like Cook and Trufant are walking around waiting to be signed and not a huge downgrade. I'd just as soon a limping Bodden, gimpy Barnett and Ras-I Dowling were playing. Additionally, those guys sucked and the Pats D sucked with Spikes and the Jets didn't take advantage last time, so I don't think this is any big deal. You still have the win the game on the field and I'm pretty sure that Belichick will still field an 11 man defense.

This is what bothers me. Their weakness is so obvious, it seems we should go right at it. But that would lead to shorter drives, and that plays into their hands. Brady is still Brady, I would want to exploit their weakness, but I don't want to give Brady TOO many extra possessions and turn this into a shootout. As good as our defense is, we may lose that type of game.

Points are points. Not that I want to get into a shootout with Brady of course.Eating up chunks of demoralizing yardage is a good thing. 6 play 4 minute drives are more than adequate. Do you not exploit a major weakness out of being afraid of what they repercussions cold be? I hear ya and believe me I think about that too, but I seriously feel like if Dracula was handing you a spike while standing there with no shirt on, I suggest you drive it into his heart. Dont be afraid of how mad he'll be when you do it...... does that even make sense? I'm just not sure anymore. I'm trying to con a 3 year old on why it's good to put ear drops in his ears while writing this :D

It's just too bad the Jets OC is Brian Schottenheimer, the man who's brought Marty's postseason failures into the regular season. There probably won't be a single playcall all day designed to go to Keller... that would just be too obvious after all.

No, what's actually obvious, is that you truly have no idea what the hell you're talking about. It's just sad how little you really know in regards to our OC, and it's just as funny watching how fans go out of their way to bash the man, but yet, have no idea what they're talking about.

Keller was 3rd in team receptions (48) and 3rd in targets (78) during his rookie season of 08.

Keller was 2nd in team receptions (45) and 2nd in targets (82) during Sanchez' rookie season of 09.

Keller was 1st in team receptions (55) and 2nd in targets (100) during his 3rd year in the league last year.

Keller is currently 1st in team receptions (29) and 1st in targets (53) during his 4th year in the league this season.

His receptions AND targets have gone up each and every year since being drafted outside of 09, where Sanchez was a rookie, and Shotty Jr was forced to run the ball more than any other team in the league, as well as pass the ball fewer times than any other team in the league. It's called protecting a raw rookie with our run game, one whom only had one year of college starting experience with USC.

But yeah, I thought you made it known that Shotty Jr "won't call a single playcall designed for Dustin Keller". Get a clue, please. If you feel like bashing Shotty Jr during each and every thread of JN, please, feel free to do so. But at least make some sense while doing so, instead of making yourself out to be an uneducated fan who's clueless when watching football on Sundays. Shotty has to feature players such as Greene, Tomlinson, Holmes, Burress, Kerley and even McKnight. But to sit here, and act as if Shotty Jr "refuses" to use Keller, despite the fact that he's always ranked top 3 in receptions and targets over the past 4 years; and 1st in team receptions over the past two years... just goes to show how little you know, or how extreme the Shotty hate has became with some fans.

Wilfork and Mayo are not the only two they are have. They also have Mark Anderson and Andre Carter who are both tied for a team lead of 4.5 sacks. Shaun Ellis is still upfront. Brandon Spikes can be an instinctive difference maker and Patrick Chung and Devin McCourty are also two good players. Cornerback Kyle Arrington is leading the league with 5 interceptions, snagging one on the goaline against Eli and Rob Ninkovich OLB is no slouch as well. This unit is really improving as of late. Those were some bad pass interference calls that put Eli and company in position.

Sounds like a bunch of jags that makes up the leagues worst defense.

No, what's actually obvious, is that you truly have no idea what the hell you're talking about. It's just sad how little you really know in regards to our OC, and it's just as funny watching how fans go out of their way to bash the man, but yet, have no idea what they're talking about.

Keller was 3rd in team receptions (48) and 3rd in targets (78) during his rookie season of 08.

Keller was 2nd in team receptions (45) and 2nd in targets (82) during Sanchez' rookie season of 09.

Keller was 1st in team receptions (55) and 2nd in targets (100) during his 3rd year in the league last year.

Keller is currently 1st in team receptions (29) and 1st in targets (53) during his 4th year in the league this season.

His receptions AND targets have gone up each and every year since being drafted outside of 09, where Sanchez was a rookie, and Shotty Jr was forced to run the ball more than any other team in the league, as well as pass the ball fewer times than any other team in the league. It's called protecting a raw rookie with our run game, one whom only had one year of college starting experience with USC.

But yeah, I thought you made it known that Shotty Jr "won't call a single playcall designed for Dustin Keller". Get a clue, please. If you feel like bashing Shotty Jr during each and every thread of JN, please, feel free to do so. But at least make some sense while doing so, instead of making yourself out to be an uneducated fan who's clueless when watching football on Sundays. Shotty has to feature players such as Greene, Tomlinson, Holmes, Burress, Kerley and even McKnight. But to sit here, and act as if Shotty Jr "refuses" to use Keller, despite the fact that he's always ranked top 3 in receptions and targets over the past 4 years; and 1st in team receptions over the past two years... just goes to show how little you know, or how extreme the Shotty hate has became with some fans.

You sure typed a lot of stuff with a whole lot of whining in response to an obviously sarcastic comment. If you actually think I seriously thought the Jets would not have a single play go to Keller all game I have no idea what to tell you. Thankfully I saved a lot of time and chose not to read most of it.

Oh, and regardless of all of that, Schotty still sucks.

Blah, blah, blah. That's a lot of words, but Istand by what I said. They cut Bodden. He wasn't "lost due to injury". He was cut due to sucking and laziness. His "season ending surgery" didn't end his season until after he was cut and I can't believe bullsh*t like him measuring one leg 3" shorter than the other. Sounds like the bullsh*t some quack chiro told him. I don't think teams can just go around cutting guys who are hurt, in fact I think they owe the guy an injury settlement which may be what he is lookign for. Either way, big ******* deal. The guy sucked and was cut. OMG! The Pats are missing three sh*tty DBs!

It's not like the Jets losing Wilson, Stickland and Pool because the difference between those stiffs the Pats lost and street free agents isn't so great. Guys like Cook and Trufant are walking around waiting to be signed and not a huge downgrade. I'd just as soon a limping Bodden, gimpy Barnett and Ras-I Dowling were playing. Additionally, those guys sucked and the Pats D sucked with Spikes and the Jets didn't take advantage last time, so I don't think this is any big deal. You still have the win the game on the field and I'm pretty sure that Belichick will still field an 11 man defense.

I will give Bodden the benefit of the doubt. Or Garrad for that matter.

Having lazy or injured next to your name will raise a red flag in your next negotiation.

I do not blame them for trying to get another payday even a prorated one fro the remainder of the season.

Their RT Nate Solder is questionable with a concussion...just breaking...

You can never trust a Bill Belichick injury report, but Solder being out would become an outstanding advantage for our front 7. I do take this injury report in regards to Nate very seriously, because a head injury is nothing to risk. Hopefully he's out.

You can never trust a Bill Belichick injury report, but Solder being out would become an outstanding advantage for our front 7. I do take this injury report in regards to Nate very seriously, because a head injury is nothing to risk. Hopefully he's out.

What?!? ;)

You still have an advantage because Light will be playing.

With a competent offense, a lot.

Iunno I'm looking at their schedule and I'm not seeing a good offense that's laid waste to their D. The early season BIlls put up 34, but after that the highest point total by an opponent was 25 by the Steelers.

Not that offense doesn't suck....the offense definitely sucks...just that it's hard to buy that Bill Belichick has a completely inept D when you actually have to play them rather than talk about their mid-season statistical ranking.

Or what EY said.

Archived