Vegas still respects the Pats

BaltimoreJet

I haven't followed the line, but if it did move from Jets -1.5 to pick'em then just it means too many bettors were putting their money on the Pats to leave the line there.

too much money is more accurate... is different then "to many bettors"

Goodness gracious. I don't think a lot of people know what the line is there to represent, and more importantly what is does not represent.

The line DOES not represent a prediction of the game, or relative strengths of the teams.

What the line is put there for is to represent the idea of the betting public's perception of the teams in a match-up. Vegas' goal is to get 50% to bet on one side, and 50% on the other side. That way they collect the vig.

If you have an issue with a line, scold the betting public (good luck with that one).

If the line opened at "pick", and moved to Jets being favored, it means money has been spent on the Jets covering.

You know what I meant. Too much is being bet on NE. They bet money not people and don't bet a fixed, equal amt per bettor.

I did know what you meant, but some mouth breather like klacko might come along and not know. My post was for he

edit: why doesn't this board insert a line break between the quote and the post anymore????

I did know what you meant, but some mouth breather like klacko might come along and not know. My post was for he

He is convinced that Patriots fans are flocking to their bookies in droves to bet the house on the Pats.

A Lady working the betting window at Ceasars told me that she sees high rollers that dont even know where Boston is bet 40 - 50k per bet on the Pats all the time. They are the ones driving the spread.

He is convinced that Patriots fans are flocking to their bookies in droves to bet the house on the Pats.

A Lady working the betting window at Ceasars told me that she sees high rollers that dont even know where Boston is bet 40 - 50k per bet on the Pats all the time. They are the ones driving the spread.

if you want to be right more often then not, take the position opposite klacko's

Goodness gracious. I don't think a lot of people know what the line is there to represent, and more importantly what is does not represent.

The line DOES not represent a prediction of the game, or relative strengths of the teams.

What the line is put there for is to represent the idea of the betting public's perception of the teams in a match-up. Vegas' goal is to get 50% to bet on one side, and 50% on the other side. That way they collect the vig.

If you have an issue with a line, scold the betting public (good luck with that one).

If the line opened at "pick", and moved to Jets being favored, it means money has been spent on the Jets covering.

Bingo.

Bookmakers want guaranteed money.

50/50 betting means guaranteed money through vig collection, which is why the line moves one way or the other.

Archived