Papelbon signs with the Phillies

Morrissey

Jim Salisbury

The Phils and Papelbon have reached agreement sources tell CSNPhilly.com. Pending physical.

Jim Salisbury

Sources say Papelbon deal is four years and approaches $50 million, pending physical

Now you Mets fans will understand why we Yankee fans HATE this guy. May be the biggest douche in baseball.

With that said, I think it's insane to give a closer that kind of money unless his name is Mariano Rivera.

No.

The Sox are worse.

They were when they lost Tito. Closer is so overrated. Unless your name is Rivera. I mean who closed for the world series champions? A former catcher. John Axford came from where and did great things for the Brewers. 50 million is way too much for a closer. Period.

They were when they lost Tito. Closer is so overrated. Unless your name is Rivera. I mean who closed for the world series champions? A former catcher. John Axford came from where and did great things for the Brewers. 50 million is way too much for a closer. Period.

Great point and if Bard did not collapse I would not mind Paps leaving. I am shuddering we might see.....wait for it...closer by committee. AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Archived