Pacquiao vs Marquez

PatriotReign37

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This fight is such a load of sh*t, and it's lame as all hell that Manny and Arum waited until Manny had gone up to the 140's to finally give Marquez what they should have given him years ago. Yet another Pacman fight that I'm boycotting live because Arum refuses to stop babying Manny, and Manny doesn't even seem to care at this point. If Manny wanted to stay at welterweight, he should be fighting legit welterweights, and there are plenty right now at the weight he's chosen to move up to. Boxing has weight classes for a reason. Marquez stands absolutely no chance in this one and I feel bad for anybody who's getting suckered into actually shelling out the dough for this fight. This will be the 4th straight Pacman fight that I'm not even bothering with. This should have happened 3 years ago after Manny beat Diaz and the both of them had lw titles again.

Such a ******* joke. I don't know why we even bother having weight classes anymore with this bullsh*t. And it's horrible for the sport, because the general public watches these ridiculous matchups and don't understand why people would love boxing. His 3 fights prior have been complete snoozefests because of how horrendous the matchups have been. There are legit guys out there at all the weights he keeps going to, yet Arum continues with this nonsense.

Manny in 3. If Marquez lasts even 6 rounds he deserves a medal. And if Marquez gets seriously hurt, Arum should be shot.

This fight is such a load of sh*t, and it's lame as all hell that Manny and Arum waited until Manny had gone up to the 140's to finally give Marquez what they should have given him years ago. Yet another Pacman fight that I'm boycotting live because Arum refuses to stop babying Manny, and Manny doesn't even seem to care at this point. If Manny wanted to stay at welterweight, he should be fighting legit welterweights, and there are plenty right now at the weight he's chosen to move up to. Boxing has weight classes for a reason. Marquez stands absolutely no chance in this one and I feel bad for anybody who's getting suckered into actually shelling out the dough for this fight. This will be the 4th straight Pacman fight that I'm not even bothering with. This should have happened 3 years ago after Manny beat Diaz and the both of them had lw titles again.

Such a ******* joke. I don't know why we even bother having weight classes anymore with this bullsh*t. And it's horrible for the sport, because the general public watches these ridiculous matchups and don't understand why people would love boxing. His 3 fights prior have been complete snoozefests because of how horrendous the matchups have been. There are legit guys out there at all the weights he keeps going to, yet Arum continues with this nonsense.

Manny in 3. If Marquez lasts even 6 rounds he deserves a medal. And if Marquez gets seriously hurt, Arum should be shot.

Agreed. It's a fight designed to build up the hype train of Pacquiao, to make him look superior to PBF, like he knocked out the guy he "couldn't" and put the controversial previous bouts with Marquez to rest, even though in reality it does neither. The circumstances of this fight couldn't be more against Marquez, he doesn't have a chance. I think he'll last longer than 3 though, Marquez is a tough SOB.

Well, maybe if Floyd wasn't such a pussy...

Marquez stands absolutely no chance in this one and I feel bad for anybody who's getting suckered into actually shelling out the dough for this fight. This will be the 4th straight Pacman fight that I'm not even bothering with. This should have happened 3 years ago after Manny beat Diaz and the both of them had lw titles again.

I've payed for the NFL Sunday ticket for over 6 years now, but I would never waste a dollar on a PPV boxing match; not when you can watch them all for free. Hope you enjoy this link. Now, you can enjoy the fight, without being suckered into paying more than $50.00 for something that may not last 10 minutes. With all that said, I hope Manny goes down tonight. Slim to none, but I hate everything about Pacman.

http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/91372/2/watch-boxing:-pacquiao-vs-marquez.html

Agreed. It's a fight designed to build up the hype train of Pacquiao, to make him look superior to PBF, like he knocked out the guy he "couldn't" and put the controversial previous bouts with Marquez to rest, even though in reality it does neither. The circumstances of this fight couldn't be more against Marquez, he doesn't have a chance. I think he'll last longer than 3 though, Marquez is a tough SOB.

It depends. Manny dropped him a few times when he was a one-handed fighter and 15 pounds ago. With guys this size, 15 pounds might as well be 50, the disparity matters that much more. Marquez has always made his mark being one of the most accurate punchers in the box, and I just can't see him not getting caught with how Manny punches from every angle remotely possible. I just don't see how a natural lightweight can step in the ring with him at this point and legitimately expect to brawl with him.

Arum is just the worst. Between what he's done with Manny and the whole ridiculousness with Golden Boy. He broke up the Bradley/Khan fight because he doesn't want to risk losing Bradley as a back-up plan if Floyd falls through again. It's insanity.

Well, maybe if Floyd wasn't such a pussy...

They're both responsible at this point. The one thing I will say about Floyd is that at the very least, the past two times Manny fell through, he's gone to the next best option in his division at the time. If Manny actually does go with Bradley after this one, it'll be his first legit opponent in over two years. There's also the fact that he really has been fighting Floyd's leftovers, which is equally lame.

It depends. Manny dropped him a few times when he was a one-handed fighter and 15 pounds ago. With guys this size, 15 pounds might as well be 50, the disparity matters that much more. Marquez has always made his mark being one of the most accurate punchers in the box, and I just can't see him not getting caught with how Manny punches from every angle remotely possible. I just don't see how a natural lightweight can step in the ring with him at this point and legitimately expect to brawl with him.

Arum is just the worst. Between what he's done with Manny and the whole ridiculousness with Golden Boy. He broke up the Bradley/Khan fight because he doesn't want to risk losing Bradley as a back-up plan if Floyd falls through again. It's insanity.

If Pacman-Floyd falls through again, which it probably will the way things are going, I really hope to see Floyd/Khan, seriously want that little **** to be humbled into irrelevance. There's been talk about it, mostly from Khan, so I'm hopeful.

In other news, Chris Eubank's son debuted today and he literally looks like he's trying to be a clone of his father, from entrance to style. Looked decent tbf, although he may well have been fighting a punching bag.

They're both responsible at this point. The one thing I will say about Floyd is that at the very least, the past two times Manny fell through, he's gone to the next best option in his division at the time. If Manny actually does go with Bradley after this one, it'll be his first legit opponent in over two years. There's also the fact that he really has been fighting Floyd's leftovers, which is equally lame.

Floyd's finally talking about fighting Manny in May.

I can't really kill Manny for taking this fight because it has personal meaning to him.

At this point, I won't believe Floyd and Manny are fighting until they are in the ring, with gloves on and I hear the bell ring.

If Pacman-Floyd falls through again, which it probably will the way things are going, I really hope to see Floyd/Khan, seriously want that little **** to be humbled into irrelevance. There's been talk about it, mostly from Khan, so I'm hopeful.

In other news, Chris Eubank's son debuted today and he literally looks like he's trying to be a clone of his father, from entrance to style. Looked decent tbf, although he may well have been fighting a punching bag.

I'm a huge Khan fan, but I don't think he's ready for a fight like Floyd. Nor do I think there's any point to Floyd taking that fight. He's also a natural 140 pounder and no doubt he'd have to move up, which would suck. 140 is a great division and he has an opportunity to run a pretty awesome gamut of guys at that weight. He also has to get through Peterson first, which is certainly not a lock.

If Manny falls through I think it'll probably be the winner of the Ortiz/Berto rematch, but we'll see, I think Berto is going to win handily which would give it more weight. Slight chance the Saul Alvarez rumors start swirling again, which would suck, it's still way too soon for him.

Floyd's finally talking about fighting Manny in May.

I can't really kill Manny for taking this fight because it has personal meaning to him.

Oh bull. Manny fights who Arum tells him to. No more, no less. He had opportunity after opportunity to take this fight, he and Arum finally bent on it when he was big enough to where Manny can't lose and kill the cashcow. If it meant that much he would have done it years ago. Arum keeps doing this because he doesn't want to risk losing Floyd.

Oh bull. Manny fights who Arum tells him to. No more, no less. He had opportunity after opportunity to take this fight, he and Arum finally bent on it when he was big enough to where Manny can't lose and kill the cashcow. If it meant that much he would have done it years ago. Arum keeps doing this because he doesn't want to risk losing Floyd.

And Floyd is no doubt rooting his a$$ off for Marquez tonight.

Meanwhile, Prescott-Alvarado just gave us a fight of the year candidate on the undercard. Great fight.

It was a great fight, and as a boxing fan; I always go for the American fighter. Happy with the outcome.

Hopefully I see Pacman go down tonight, so I can stop hearing all this talk about Manny being better than Floyd.

It was a great fight, and as a boxing fan; I always go for the American fighter. Happy with the outcome.

Hopefully I see Pacman go down tonight, so I can stop hearing all this talk about Manny being better than Floyd.

I hope Manny knocks Marquez out in the 2nd and then Floyd actually grows a pair and gets in the ring with him in May and Manny beats his friggin' brains out.

I'm a huge Khan fan, but I don't think he's ready for a fight like Floyd. Nor do I think there's any point to Floyd taking that fight. He's also a natural 140 pounder and no doubt he'd have to move up, which would suck. 140 is a great division and he has an opportunity to run a pretty awesome gamut of guys at that weight. He also has to get through Peterson first, which is certainly not a lock.

If Manny falls through I think it'll probably be the winner of the Ortiz/Berto rematch, but we'll see, I think Berto is going to win handily which would give it more weight. Slight chance the Saul Alvarez rumors start swirling again, which would suck, it's still way too soon for him.

Haha, the only reason I hate Khan is through the constant exposure I have to him over here, they talk him up, even over guys like Floyd constantly and it does my ****ing head in, heck he's doing commentary right now...Badly - Him getting knocked out by Prescott (Who just got beaten right now in an epic) was absolutely awesome when you had to hear the media suddenly backtrack on every bit of hype they'd given him, before immediately talking him up as the next big thing after his next win. He's came a long way under Roach though, was a great move on his part.

I hope Manny knocks Marquez out in the 2nd and then Floyd actually grows a pair and gets in the ring with him in May and Manny beats his friggin' brains out.

Manny will not beat Mayweathers brains out.

The fight itself is destined to be a massive anti climax. It will be decided on points either way, probably to PBF.

Haha, the only reason I hate Khan is through the constant exposure I have to him over here, they talk him up, even over guys like Floyd constantly and it does my ****ing head in, heck he's doing commentary right now...Badly - Him getting knocked out by Prescott (Who just got beaten right now in an epic) was absolutely awesome when you had to hear the media suddenly backtrack on every bit of hype they'd given him, before immediately talking him up as the next big thing after his next win. He's came a long way under Roach though, was a great move on his part.

Yeah, I think the glass-jaw talk was put to rest after the Maidana fight. Prescott isn't even that big of a puncher, sometimes a guy just catches you on the button and that's that. But the Maidana and Kotelnik fights have definitely been two of the better fights of the past couple years.

How's everyone liking Kell Brook over there? Dude's finally making his US debut next month.

Manny will not beat Mayweathers brains out.

The fight itself is destined to be a massive anti climax. It will be decided on points either way, probably to PBF.

This, I've been saying the same thing for a while. I think Floyd spends the entire fight just moving back and throwing his right. In terms of styles think the matchup favors Floyd very, very heavily, which means a slow fight. He let Ortiz get in on him a few times because Ortiz isn't fast or accurate enough inside, no way he goes that route with Manny.

Yeah, I think the glass-jaw talk was put to rest after the Maidana fight. Prescott isn't even that big of a puncher, sometimes a guy just catches you on the button and that's that. But the Maidana and Kotelnik fights have definitely been two of the better fights of the past couple years.

How's everyone liking Kell Brook over there? Dude's finally making his US debut next month.

Haven't followed him too closely, just know there's been a lot of talk about an all british fight with Khan, which is what you hear anytime a British fighter does anything though. Tyson Fury's apparently eyeing up the Klitschko's, which is amusing considering had he been fighting a Klitschko tonight he literally would have been ****ing murdered the shape he was in. Just sums up the ****ing stupidity of the media over here.

Archived