Eric Smith

Irish Jet

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So then who can cover? Chad Johnson? Branch? Yikes

Expecting a safety to cover a tight end is a pretty average standard. Granted Gronkowski has been good this year, but he still ate Smith for breakfast and there were no excuses for a few of those plays. That and the fact that he hasn't really been able to cover even average TE's on his best days. A S who can play the run like he can is fine and dandy, but when your other guy is Leonhard, using Smith this regularly stops becoming a luxury.

I don't think it would have even mattered. When Jordan's on he's on. If you don't have anyone capable of kicking it back down the other end of the court, you're ****ed.

Well, yeah. It goes without saying that the real poorly timed injury of this season happened in the fourth preseason game.

Expecting a safety to cover a tight end is a pretty average standard. Granted Gronkowski has been good this year, but he still ate Smith for breakfast and there were no excuses for a few of those plays. That and the fact that he hasn't really been able to cover even average TE's on his best days. A S who can play the run like he can is fine and dandy, but when your other guy is Leonhard, using Smith this regularly stops becoming a luxury.

gronk is a complete monster living in a humans body.imo,i dont think revis can cover him.lets not call smith a bum because he cant cover gronk.you last statement is the real problem.leonard cant roam and cant cover.the reason you see smith get beat so much,is because leonard would get beat even more.he fell off a cliff since his injury.i would take smith over leonard every day of the week and twice on sundays.the jets need to pick up a cover safety(kerry rhoads would have worked fine with smith)and let smith play the run,roam the field,and break peoples faces.the jets need to rid themselves of ravens castaways.they started with douglas and mason.now leonard and scott need to go.they came here for a reason.now their talents(or lack thereoff) are no longer needed

do you think jim leonard is a better player?

Hell no. Leonhard is gone after this season. Rex's goal with Leonhard was to come in and help his peers with the system. The players know the system already. We need a safety badly! I truly miss Kerry Rhodes. I don't care what anyone says.

Jim Leonhard is a FA after this season. I may be wrong, though.

I wish our team had half the heart Revis has. That's seriously the only bright spot about our team. He is the best player I ever seen play besides Tom Brady and Manning. Amazing is not even the word to describe him.

The way he took out Welker with ease was unreal.

We should have kept Lowery and Ihedigbo. Both would be an upgrade over Smith.

Stop it (tho I loved Ihedigbo).

Prediction: Smith's gonna have 10 tackles tonight including three rock solid hits. This site is gonna be a Smith lovefest after this game. I expect him to knock Tebow out of the game for at least one play.

LOL yeah right!!! You gotta be kidding me. Lowery and Ihedigbo are just as limited as Smith. What has Ighedibo done all season? NOTHING.

Jim Leonhard is the best player of the 4.

ouch...correction.leonard USED to be the best player of the 4.not no more.smarts can carry you only so far.

gronk is a complete monster living in a humans body.imo,i dont think revis can cover him.lets not call smith a bum because he cant cover gronk.you last statement is the real problem.leonard cant roam and cant cover.the reason you see smith get beat so much,is because leonard would get beat even more.he fell off a cliff since his injury.i would take smith over leonard every day of the week and twice on sundays.the jets need to pick up a cover safety(kerry rhoads would have worked fine with smith)and let smith play the run,roam the field,and break peoples faces.the jets need to rid themselves of ravens castaways.they started with douglas and mason.now leonard and scott need to go.they came here for a reason.now their talents(or lack thereoff) are no longer needed

It's Leonhard... Not "Leonard". And it's Rhodes... Not "Rhoads".

Woof. Smith sucked tonight. Overpursued and lost his gap twice on the final drive. Leonhard's missed tackle on the first play of the last drive was a portend of things to come. He didn't have to leave his feet. He needed to stay in control annd make that play.

Inadequate pair of safeties.

But, dang, where was the pass rush?

Smith is awful. But its also Rex's fault for putting the loser in a spot to blow the game.

When are the Jets going to upgrade LB and Safety. Outside of Harris our LB's cant cover or sack the QB. But every safety has issues as well. LEonard can cover but is too small, Smith sucks, Pool cant cover and so on and so on.

Archived