Promote Callahan?

CTM

I remember a constant refrain about promoting Bill Callahan after booting Schotty. With the running game and oline struggling, are people still in support of this. Or do we want to look outside?

I never thought Cally be a great future option, but still preferred him to Schotty, and I wouldn't be entirely opposed to handing him the job in the interim for the remainder of this season if it meant firing Schotty immediately, but I seriously doubt that happens. Beyond that, I've reached the point where I think the Jets need to do an entire overhaul of the offensive coaching staff (not to mention the players). They just need a fresh start.

I remember a constant refrain about promoting Bill Callahan after booting Schotty. With the running game and oline struggling, are people still in support of this. Or do we want to look outside?

The run game struggles because nobody worries about the pass. With Callahan, you'd see strictly play-action passing as opposed to this spread formation bullsh*t that asks Sanchez to lolread a defenselol. Better plays to Sanchez's lolstrengths.

The run game struggles because nobody worries about the pass. With Callahan, you'd see strictly play-action passing as opposed to this spread formation bullsh*t that asks Sanchez to lolread a defenselol. Better plays to Sanchez's lolstrengths.

So Greene being terrible is also Sanchez's fault?

To be honest Im not sure if I would look at the O-line issues as a reason to promote or not. The situational play calling is, at times, terrible with the team. They just abandon all possibility of a run to send everyone out wide and then watch as the field is flooded with DBs and nowhere to pass. Having a 6'5" WR running a slant while you have your 5'10" running back running a fade at the goal is just nonsensical. Im sure running a nice little wheel route is great when you are at your 30, but inside the 10 it turns into a fade that very few (and certainly not Mark) are going to be able to hit. Its as if so many plays are called in a vacuum totally unrelated to each other or the situation faced at the time. In that respect maybe a guy like Callahan can do something by simply making better calls. That said Im not sure a WCO guy is what Sanchez needs. If the Jets are sticking with Sanchez its probably best to bring in a different assistant from a more modern NFL style team and hope that he does well. If they are bringing in a veteran I think this Callahan is the type of guy needed and would probably promote him.

If your going to do it mid season it almost has to be Callahan since hes in the mix. I dont think the running game is struggling we averaged 130 per game on our 3 game winning streak so its more a question of play calling IMO. In a normal world this guy would have been gone a long time ago or at the very least mid season last year. Callahan has a proven track record Shotty has done nothing in his entire tenure at OC.

If we were to look outside the organization in the offseason who is available ?

And for what its worth I would like to replace all our skill players as well because they are wildly inconsistent and never seem to be on the same page of what the offense is doing.

The running game was fine, the Jets just abandoned it. The protection was awful...but I dont see how that is Callahan's fault. DBrick might have had his worst game ever last night.

I think we look outside or find a new QB.

The running game was fine, the Jets just abandoned it. The protection was awful...but I dont see how that is Callahan's fault. DBrick might have had his worst game ever last night.

I dont understand why. First drive of the 3rd quarter, score 13-9, we throw 3 incomplete passes for a 3 and out. Why not run the ball at all?

Same thing seemed like every time we got into the red zone we went to a spread...

Even on the first drive of the game, Holmes catches the pass down to the 9.

First down Greene for 3 yards down to the 6, then we decide to pass throwing 2 incompletions before missing the kick...

So what kind of sentence is this JIF ? Our entire offense is dysfunctional on so many levels but you want to replace our 3rd year QB who has played well other than 2 games where our team and coaches did an absolutely horrible job. Did ya want a new QB and let Shotty ruin him too ? After all he was doing a bang up job with Brees too until Brees escaped to New Orleans

I dont understand why. First drive of the 3rd quarter, score 13-9, we throw 3 incomplete passes for a 3 and out. Why not run the ball at all?

Same thing seemed like every time we got into the red zone we went to a spread...

Even on the first drive of the game, Holmes catches the pass down to the 9.

First down Greene for 3 yards down to the 6, then we decide to pass throwing 2 incompletions before missing the kick...

You and me both. There were big holes to be had in the run game. Its like Schotty has to have his even balance between throws and runs...he cant just play the game and take what the D is given.

The run game got this team back on track, why abandon it?

So what kind of sentence is this JIF ? Our entire offense is dysfunctional on so many levels but you want to replace our 3rd year QB who has played well other than 2 games where our team and coaches did an absolutely horrible job. Did ya want a new QB and let Shotty ruin him too ? After all he was doing a bang up job with Brees too until Brees escaped to New Orleans

Sanchez stinks. Dont think it has anything to do with an OC.

You know who else sucked until they finally got a good coaching staff ? Alex Smith now hes what 13 TD's and 3 Ints ? and an 8-1 record ? he sucked for alot more years than Sanchez . One thing about Sanchez is the lack of stability around him constantly chaging the face of the offense constanty changing WR's who seem like they are not even on the same page. I have a hard time blaming the QB for this and Im not sure any QB would hold up well in these conditions

I think Sanchez stinks, but I know Schotty stinks, as does any poor bastard who gets stuck playing QB in his offense. If the Jets can only replace one in the immediate future, Schotty has got to be the one to go. I'd be more than thrilled to replace both of them, but at least there's a chance, albeit slim, that Sanchez could succeed in another situation, while it has been proven time and again the same does not hold true for old Schitt-for-brains.

You know who else sucked until they finally got a good coaching staff ? Alex Smith now hes what 13 TD's and 3 Ints ? and an 8-1 record ? he sucked for alot more years than Sanchez . One thing about Sanchez is the lack of stability around him constantly chaging the face of the offense constanty changing WR's who seem like they are not even on the same page. I have a hard time blaming the QB for this and Im not sure any QB would hold up well in these conditions

Meh, happens all the time and good QB's it doesnt matter. Hell, 2 rookies are out playing Sanchez right now...and they didnt even have OTA's to work with their WR's who they've only known for 1 year.

The kid stinks. He's a mental midget. Dont want.

I think Sanchez stinks, but I know Schotty stinks, as does any poor bastard who gets stuck playing QB in his offense. If the Jets can only replace one in the immediate future, Schotty has got to be the one to go. I'd be more than thrilled to replace both of them, but at least there's a chance, albeit slim, that Sanchez could succeed in another situation, while it has been proven time and again the same does not hold true for old Schitt-for-brains.

I hear ya, the truth is...both will be back next season...so these conversation are all for nothing.

I hear ya, the truth is...both will be back next season...so these conversation are all for nothing.

I can only hope that for as stupid as the Jets have been with Schotty, they'll take the opportunity of his expiring contract as an excuse to let him walk. I mean, it's one thing to not want to fire the guy and letting him run out his current deal, but who the **** in their right mind actually think this guy deserves a new contract?

Meh, happens all the time and good QB's it doesnt matter. Hell, 2 rookies are out playing Sanchez right now...and they didnt even have OTA's to work with their WR's who they've only known for 1 year.

The kid stinks. He's a mental midget. Dont want.

We'll just have to see what happens if a new OC gets in here JIF. If at that point Sanchez does not make it happen I would be happy to accept this .

I can only hope that for as stupid as the Jets have been with Schotty, they'll take the opportunity of his expiring contract as an excuse to let him walk. I mean, it's one thing to not want to fire the guy and letting him run out his current deal, but who the **** in their right mind actually think this guy deserves a new contract?

Just got a weird feeling...

We'll just have to see what happens if a new OC gets in here JIF. If at that point Sanchez does not make it happen I would be happy to accept this .

I think the Nacho's head might explode if he has to learn a new offense.

I think i was talking about all season

I think i was talking about all season

Still dont think its been bad. They were struggling at first, then Mangold got injured. Last night was there worst night of the season. 4 sack to Andre ******* Carter...really?

Either way, no, I wouldnt want Callahan promoted. He's a good OL coach. Keep him there.

Just got a weird feeling...

I think the Nacho's head might explode if he has to learn a new offense.

Honestly, the one thing that gives me a little hope is that Schotty clearly has such a laughably high opinion of himself that I think there's even a chance that this dipsh*t team would try to re-sign him and he would make the decision himself to leave, thinking he was better than this team. Or perhaps that's just me holding onto any desperate shred of hope possibly involving him being gone.

Archived