Offseason Awards Thread

CrazyCarl40

If the Red Sox owners were smart, they would buy the Rays and import their entire pitching scout department.

They cannot find a bat to save their lives, but they are a machine when it comes to developing pitching.

If the Red Sox owners were smart, they would buy the Rays and import their entire pitching scout department.

They cannot find a bat to save their lives, but they are a machine when it comes to developing pitching.

Matt Moore is the faovrite to win the ROY the year next year. Him and Montero,

MLB.com uses WAR. Everyone uses WAR now. Tss someone should invent a stat that declares war on WAR. Tss.

They have.

It is the John Lackey Award given to the player who underwhelms the most. It is measured in chins. John Lackey was a solid 5 chin this past season. Dice-K was an easy 7, which raised his career average over 6.

This is not to be confused with the Andrew Miller-TIm Wakefiled - why the F are they pitching in September award.

I'd take Andrew MIller on the Cubs. I like what the Red Sox with his mechanics, and a healthy left arm like his might be able to turn those changes into numbers soon enough. The Cubs salvaged the career of Tom Gorzellany just in 2009, and I'm sure they'd love a younger, healthier version of that project all over again in Miller.

Ellsbury, Bautista, Cabrera, Cano, Gonzalez for starters. Verlander wasn't even the most valuable player on his team.

I disagree.

There was only one dominant player in the AL this year. Verlander.

While I would not normally say a pitcher deserves an MVP, he was dominant.

Miggie won the batting title edging Gonzo. Bautista edged Grandy for the HR title. Grandy led the leagues in RBIs.

Verlander led every meaningful category for a pitcher.

Joe Maddon also got AL Manager of the year, and rightfully so.

Price

Shields

Hellickson

Moore

Davis

With Niemann moving into the bullpen will make for the best starting 5 in all of baseball next season. Can't wait to see Hellickson during year #2, as well as Moore, who could become the AL rookie of the year with the type of stuff he has. He's scary good. Price had a down year, but if Price can return to form? We'll win the AL East.

Joe Maddon also got AL Manager of the year, and rightfully so.

Price

Shields

Hellickson

Moore

Davis

With Niemann moving into the bullpen will make for the best starting 5 in all of baseball next season. Can't wait to see Hellickson during year #2, as well as Moore, who could become the AL rookie of the year with the type of stuff he has. He's scary good. Price had a down year, but if Price can return to form? We'll win the AL East.

Really? Better than Halladay, Lee, and Hamels?

Price will probably have a better year, but Shields will not have as good a year. Rays have great starting pitching, subpar bullpen and lineup.

Archived