Are Mark Sanchez believers left?

pointman

Did you guys notice something I saw last night?

Sanchez missed a sideline pass. The replay from behind Sanchez showed a DE jumping, and Mark had to throw it a hair right of the defender, but it was too far ahead of Keller. So Sanchez sucks, right? ..not so fast...

Moments later, Sanchez is on the bench staring at a playbook with Schottenheimer. Was it a bad design? Was the defender NOT supposed to be there?

This is why I just don't know if the problem is play design & playcalling, or if it's Mark. I also know he had ZERO protection for long passes that he missed.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sanchez had a very strange game last night. He was 15 of 18 in the first half but it certainly didn't seem like he only threw three incomplete passes.

He started the 2nd half like gangbusters, marching the team downfield and looking about as good as he has all year. Then came the pick 6 which was maybe the worst decision and throw of his short career. After that, the playcalling got overly conservative.

I think this is one of the biggest issues with Schotty that I have. When most young QBs make a bad throw for a pick, most OCs then will dial up a passing play on first down, usually going vertical to show the young QB they still have confidence in him. Not Schotty, however. Schotty tends to go into an overly conservative shell after a pick. It makes it harder for a young guy to shake it off when his OC calls a run up the gut after a pick or a screen pass or that assinine WR screen that never work because they are "high percentage" throws.

Show the kid you believe in him. Let him air it out.

Seems to me this offense has always done best with Sanchez when caution is thrown to the wind and they just let him play. When they go too conservative he presses when he gets passing plays because he tries to be too perfect.

Whenever someone said he sucked or whatever, there were always people defending him and quick to say how he was sooo good with such promise. Tonight it seems almost everyone is ripping into the guy. Just curious, any people left that believe Sanchez is legit and the right quarterback for our team?

I don't think he is the worst in the world. This is my opinion; he does not have any confidence, and the coaching staff are not giving him any confidence the way they have been over managing him sense day one, with that said he needs to grow a pair and become a leader! not some one who is always blaming himself and saying "its my fault i have to work on it." They need discipline! If Sanchez is messing up then bench him and let the other QB's come in to send a message that's been implemented sense high school football. This is the NFL "wtf" Mark Brunell is getting paid to hold field goal snaps? It is unfortunate that McElroy is out, he was good in college and showed a lot of pazazz if you know what i mean, in preseason. Sanchez doesn't look like he has any pazazz. The same goes with the offensive line! I know we are all fans that play good chair QB's but come on Rex the whole Jets nation knows there's a problem how come your not addressing or disciplining it?? Bronco fans let there team know early in the season and they responded. What are you gonna do?

I was a HUGE Sanchez believer. Now, I have lost the faith. Ok, so we drafted him in the first round, paid him millions, he looks ok in a mag article, the ladies love him and he has won 4 playoff games. Truth of the matter is : he gets overly hyped in the first half and sucks the wind out of the Offense, can't find a rhythm for very long stretches, can't develop a rapport with a WR for long, depends on a strong running game or else cannot carry a team and has never completed many passes (always under 60%).

Schotty is gone if the Jets fail to make playoffs. Sanchez contract will play out but make no mistake, I believe they need to draft a QB in this draft in the 2nd or third round and groom him. I have a feeling that Sanchez' issues are beyond the play calling.

What a way to destroy a season...

LL

I'd like to see Schotty let go immediately and see what he can do over the final 6 games and then make a judgement. He's been bad, but so has pretty much everyone on offense. The line stinks, Greene is probably the worst starting running back in football, and I think its pretty clear we miss Braylon Edwards who could open things up a bit.

Sanchez just looks shell shocked, moping around...some sort of change needs to be made. I thought the pass he made on 4th and 15 was pretty nice, that just never happens consistently.

LOL @ Sanchez..

It's this simple.

Fire Schotty. Trade whatever is necccesscary for Peyton Manning. Promote Tom Moore.

Can you imagine Peyton Manning with our defense? Are you serious? Let's ******* do this. I'm sick of Sanchez's inconsistency, I'm sick of him locking down his receivers, I'm sick of him giving Tom Brady and extra 30 seconds in the two-minute warning, I'm sick of him throwing a pick to Byrd on the 8 yard line, I'm sick of him throwing in double coverage. This defense has been bailing him out for three ******* years, and it's time to get a QB who can bail out the defense for a change.

The Pats game was on him. Our defense did great in the 1st half against the Pats but we failed to score and take the lead. Tom Brady and BB figured somethings out and totally dismantled us.

You guys know it and so do I. Sanchez CANNOT take this team to the Super Bowl. You guys think he's in the same class as Aaron Rodgers? Tom Brady? I put him in the same class as Tavaris Jackson and Rex Grossman. That's exactly who he reminds me of in fact, Rex Grossman.

Trade for Manning before it's too late.

Whenever someone said he sucked or whatever, there were always people defending him and quick to say how he was sooo good with such promise. Tonight it seems almost everyone is ripping into the guy. Just curious, any people left that believe Sanchez is legit and the right quarterback for our team?

I've tried...I've given him every opportunity. I want him gone ASAP. Dont even like watching this team play anymore because of Mark Sanchez. He's awful. I'd rather have Tebow.

If I stand on one leg for two hours the earth will fall off it's axis.

Geez i was wondering what this was all about. Stop Crush. glaciers are good

DFheadOrbital.gif

The Wobble of Earth's Axis

The third orbital change that Milankovich studied is called precession, the cyclical wobble of Earth's axis in a circle. The motion is like a spinning top when it is about to fall over. One complete cycle for Earth takes about 26,000 years.

By itself, the wobble of Earth's axis does not directly cause temperature changes like orbital shape and tilt. But it changes the portion of the orbit at which a given season occurs - that is, it changes when a particular season will occur.

DFOrbitalP6.gif

Earth's Tilt At Present Time (Now)

DFOrbitalP7.gif

Earth's Tilt 13,000 years from Now

In the upper part of the diagram above labeled "Now," Earth's axis is tilted so that summer occurs in the northern hemisphere on the left side of the Sun and winter on the right. In the lower part labeled "In 13,000 years," the axis has moved to where summer in the northern hemisphere occurs on the right side of the Sun and winter on the left.

So what! You say. If Earth's orbit is nearly circular, then it makes no real difference. But if Earth's orbit is slightly elongate, and perihelion occurs on the right side of the Sun (as shown), then Earth is slightly farther from the Sun on the left side. In this case, northern summer are slightly cooler and northern winters slightly warmer on the "Now" part of the diagram. But in 13,000 years, the axis will have shifted so that summer in the northern hemisphere will occur on the right side of the Sun where Earth is closer, so summers will be hotter, and winters will be colder (and longer).

This is important because glaciers need land on which to form. Most of the land surface on Earth is now in the northern hemisphere, so when the wobble has moved Earth's axis so that northern winters occur on the cooler part of the orbit, glaciers will tend to grow.

Sanchez had a very strange game last night. He was 15 of 18 in the first half but it certainly didn't seem like he only threw three incomplete passes.

He started the 2nd half like gangbusters, marching the team downfield and looking about as good as he has all year. Then came the pick 6 which was maybe the worst decision and throw of his short career. After that, the playcalling got overly conservative.

I think this is one of the biggest issues with Schotty that I have. When most young QBs make a bad throw for a pick, most OCs then will dial up a passing play on first down, usually going vertical to show the young QB they still have confidence in him. Not Schotty, however. Schotty tends to go into an overly conservative shell after a pick. It makes it harder for a young guy to shake it off when his OC calls a run up the gut after a pick or a screen pass or that assinine WR screen that never work because they are "high percentage" throws.

Show the kid you believe in him. Let him air it out.

Seems to me this offense has always done best with Sanchez when caution is thrown to the wind and they just let him play. When they go too conservative he presses when he gets passing plays because he tries to be too perfect.

Problem is... They don't believe in him.

Nor should they.

Sanchez will have a Rich Gannon-like career, I think. He'll bounce around until he's 30 and then put together a decent run for 3-4 years for his fourth team.

Only if you're referring to finally getting to the Super Bowl, only to throw a record 5 INT's, including 3 pick-6's. No way does this dipsh*t ever win an NFL MVP award.

I cant believe the homers on this site that are closing their eyes to what Sanchez is and instead place all blame Shotty. How long have you been watching football? Should Shotty go? Yes. But to suggest that Sanchez will flourish under a new coordinator is so foolish. Are you people watching the same games I have over the last 2 and half years? Team Brass simply cannot ignore this problem.

Barring a trade for Peyton, they need to invest a high draft pick (1st or 2nd round) in April on a QB. This is a major problem since we definately have other needs (OLB, Safety, OL) but if you dont have a QB you dont have $Hit.

If we wait to watch Sanchez fail under another coordinator we'll have wasted another two years. This team better take action in the near future.

As far as Sanchez, letting him air it out is laughable. Anyone who suggests that, Ive got a bridge to sell you.

Throws too soon to Holmes on a pass that gets deflected and should have been a TD by most other QB's.

Inexcusably throws high to a wide open Keller in the back of the endzone.

Deep in his own territory with a seemingly insurmountable lead the way Denver was playing, decides to force a throw into coverage and gets picked for 6 points.

Some of this is due to the hits he takes due to our OL but a good QB overcomes that.

Most of these throws have been talked about. And no denying they were bad. Although from my vantage point I thought the Holmes play was disrupted by the deefender. But the irony is he played a worse game in Denver last season and the JETS still won!

You can start to see the signs of Plex and Holmes shaking their heads to each other at some of these throws. As veteran WR's who have played with good QB's they are fully aware that Sanchez should be making some of these passes.

Plax and Burress both played a horrible game yesterday. They just gave up on a lot of plays. There was no effort to bail out the QB in tough spots. I saw them stand like zombies on one play when Mark was scrambling. They better get off there DIVA asses and start contributing in every which way they can.

The biggest difference was how the Broncos defense was playing them as compare to last seasons game. Last year there was a 30+ yard play for a TD by Braylon against the Broncos IIRC in the first quarter. And through out the game the safeties were honoring that big play making capability. Even though Sanchez had 2 horrible INTs and the JETS ran the ball a lot more. And the safeties playing deeper probably ended up helping our run game as well. But this year the safeties were playing lot closer to line of scrimmage. They were not worried about big play making capability.

Now no one is denying that Mark Sanchez has not been that great. And its beyond debate how bad a OC Schotty is.

But Mark was here last year. So was Schotty. And this was an offense that did a lot better. And they were consistent at stretching the field. Easily a Top 10 team in the league last season in that aspect. But this year we are dead last in the league at making 40+ yard plays. And while you can blame the O-line to an extent our WRs are just not fast enough to stretch the field to a point where defense does not have to honor big play making capability.

Last nite Mark threw a deep corner route to Plax which was probably a 25-30 yard play and the DB had it easily covered. And if it was not for Dawkings bailing us out with a stupid penalty that play would have been a total loss. Plax is not as fast as Braylon. And that has impacted this offense a lot more that people would like to think it has.

I don't understand why. He's got the most game winning 4th quarter TD drives in the NFL in the last year.

You don't believe in him pal. I don't believe the same for the team.

I'm not arguing Sanchez with you anymore. With each week his performance makes my argument looks stronger and stronger, there's really nothing more I need to say to you on the subject.

I am really starting to wonder if the beating he took in the Ravens game is still somewhere in the back of his mind.

I haven't seen the pump fakes that he was doing his first year or for parts of last year.

He is not moving around and getting out of the pocket like he has in the past. To me that was one of the best parts of his game. His ability to work amid chaos.

I don't care what anyone says but there is no doubt in my mind that he misses Braylon Edwards and his deep ball big play ability. When the Jets were taking shots deep down the field it seemed like Edwards was the main target.

The problem right now is the Jets have a ton of money invested in him so there is no way they are tossing the towel in on him after this year. I have no doubt that after the season Schotty and Cavanaugh let go after the season and someone will be brought in to put the pieces back together.

I really feel I have no choice right now but to believe that Sanchez will work his way out of this. I just don't know if it is going to happen or 2011.

Archived