Are Mark Sanchez believers left?

pointman

I suppose if we completely ignore that Mangold has played 75% of the season we might be able to use that as an excuse.

In the ravens game alone, that completely decimated his stats. 3 forced fumbles because he couldn't get more than a half of a second to throw.

I suppose if we completely ignore that no other QB gets to take snaps from Nick Mangold.

Irrelevant. The purpose is to compare Sanchez to Sanchez and note his development, not Sanchez to someone else.

I suppose we could ignore that Braylon and Keller and Cotchery carried over from 2009-2010

Irrelevant for this year.

and Holmes and Keller from 2010-2011.

So there you go. In his 2 a half seasons, he's had one receiver with him the whole time. One - Keller. And Keller just happens to be one of the dumbest football players you will ever see.

Fitzpatrick lost Lee Evans.

Sanchez has similar stats to Fitzy.

Eli lost Steve Smith.

Giants know to acquire weapons for their QB. Not an issue for them.

I've seen Brady lose starting receiver after starting receiver over the years (Branch, Givens, Stallworth, Moss, Caldwell, Graham, Fauria).

Um, OK. He's been in the league for 10+ years...

Carson Palmer is throwing to all new receivers plus a new playbook.

When we got Holmes it coincided with Rapistberger losing Holmes.

Schaub (until he got hurt himself) had been playing without Andre Johnson.

Romo has had to deal with no Miles Austin just about half the season. So he starts throwing to new-arrival-nobody Laurent Robinson.

Who were the carry-over receivers from San Diego to New Orleans when Brees signed there?

Which receivers did Matt Hasselbeck play with last season in Seattle and bring with him to Tennessee? None. And then he loses Britt in week 3.

Name all the receivers on Miami that came over from Carolina with Matt Moore.

How many receivers did Cam Newton bring with him from Auburn for continuity?

Acting as if every one of these QBs is doing better than Sanchez... not true

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you guys notice something I saw last night?

Sanchez missed a sideline pass. The replay from behind Sanchez showed a DE jumping, and Mark had to throw it a hair right of the defender, but it was too far ahead of Keller. So Sanchez sucks, right? ..not so fast...

Moments later, Sanchez is on the bench staring at a playbook with Schottenheimer. Was it a bad design? Was the defender NOT supposed to be there?

This is why I just don't know if the problem is play design & playcalling, or if it's Mark. I also know he had ZERO protection for long passes that he missed.

//grasps at straw, tears rotator cuff

Jets fans are the best/worst.

I suppose if we completely ignore that Mangold has played 75% of the season we might be able to use that as an excuse. I suppose if we completely ignore that no other QB gets to take snaps from Nick Mangold. I suppose we could ignore that Braylon and Keller and Cotchery carried over from 2009-2010 and Holmes and Keller from 2010-2011. I suppose we could also ignore that he hasn't had any turnover in playbooks, coordinators, coaches, or any other myriad of things that would be used as excuses for his being just a flat-out bad QB had the Jets replaced them also.

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

Fitzpatrick lost Lee Evans.

Eli lost Steve Smith.

I've seen Brady lose starting receiver after starting receiver over the years (Branch, Givens, Stallworth, Moss, Caldwell, Graham, Fauria).

Carson Palmer is throwing to all new receivers plus a new playbook.

When we got Holmes it coincided with Rapistberger losing Holmes.

Schaub (until he got hurt himself) had been playing without Andre Johnson.

Romo has had to deal with no Miles Austin just about half the season. So he starts throwing to new-arrival-nobody Laurent Robinson.

Who were the carry-over receivers from San Diego to New Orleans when Brees signed there?

Which receivers did Matt Hasselbeck play with last season in Seattle and bring with him to Tennessee? None. And then he loses Britt in week 3.

Name all the receivers on Miami that came over from Carolina with Matt Moore.

How many receivers did Cam Newton bring with him from Auburn for continuity?

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

This happens with QBs every year. It's only seen as a season-long excuse for Mark Sanchez.

What about Andy Dalton throwing to a rookie WR?

Jay Cutler throwing to cast of nobodies?

Joe Flacco falling in love with a rookie?

Not to take away from you massive pwnage or anything. ;-)

Thus far, Mark Sanchez has ruined Tannenbaum and Rex's plans for the season.

Yes, we know the issues with Oline, running game, and defense, but its become obvious to me that Tanny/Rex took a calculated risk in allowing some units to decline on the belief that Sanchez would be this year what he was in the postseason. They brought back Holmes for him, brought in a big redzone target to improve his redzone efficiency. They brought LT back as a safety net. Heck, they brought in Moore as a consultant.

All these moves was for Sanchez to make the "leap."

Sanchez sucks his rookie year, played well in 1st postseason. He was mediocre his 2nd yr, played well his 2nd postseason. I believe it was reasonable to assume that he would play well his 3rd year. If Sanchez played well, it would mask the other deficiencies.

The thing is, while Sanchez has incrementally improved, he hasn't improved enough to satisfy Tanny/Rex's gamble. Make no mistake--if Sanchez played well the last 2 games they'd be in prime position to at least take the No. 2 seed as Tanny/Rex planned from the beginning. Sanchez ruined that.

Now, my hope, is that Sanchez somehow gets a boost of testosterone and accuracy pills and plays well over the next 6 games so that while he has ruined the Home Playoff Game Gamble, he doesn't completely sabotage the season and they miss the playoffs as a result.

A last note on Schitty--he has to be gone. That's a given. You can't just keep a subpar OC for 6 freakin years and blame his persistant failings on the players. He must go and the Jets will have to see if they can recoup their investment on Sanchez with another OC, hopefully an accomplished one in the OC position who failed as a HC (Turner, and, somehow I wish he is available, Kubiak).

A last note on Schitty--he has to be gone. That's a given. You can't just keep a subpar OC for 6 freakin years and blame his persistant failings on the players. He must go and the Jets will have to see if they can recoup their investment on Sanchez with another OC, hopefully an accomplished one in the OC position who failed as a HC (Turner, and, somehow I wish he is available, Kubiak).

So, based on your criteria, do you discount Callahan, or give him a shot?

So, based on your criteria, do you discount Callahan, or give him a shot?

The problem with Callahan is the stench of the OLine decline this year. You can't escape culpability when your unit is a significant problem. It would be 1 thing if it was only Hunter (although he's a glaring problem), but DBrick has been inconsistent as has been Moore and Mangold. Right now, Slauson is probably playing the best of all 5 positions. Then, there is the suckigma that is Vlad.

I definitely want Schitty and Cavanaugh gone. Callahan may have to go as well because don't forget, he's also an a$$'t HC. The 3 big guys on O are (1) Schitty (2) Callahan (3) Cavanaugh. It might be a PSU scandalesque situation in that in order to clear yourself of the bad taste you have to get rid of all 3 of them.

Here's my feeling on Mark and I wonder if anyone else will agree.

Mark only started 1 year at USC and has been starting in the NFL for 2+ season.

He missed OTAs and all that good stuff this preseason which is more important for a young developing QB then a vet like Brady, Brees etc. The lack of preseason is even more harmful since half of his receivers are new this year (Plax, Kerley etc).

Has anyone considered that Schottenheimer is the problem? I think his play calling the last few weeks has been awful. Maybe it has been a bad idea to have young (rookie) Offensive Coordinator 'teaching' a young developing QB. Maybe if Mark had a Chris Palmer, Jim Zorn, Charlie Weis, etc he'd be further along by now.

Just a thought. But last thing I want is to cut Mark and he ends up with one of those guys and is an All Pro.

Here's my feeling on Mark and I wonder if anyone else will agree.

Mark only started 1 year at USC and has been starting in the NFL for 2+ season.

He missed OTAs and all that good stuff this preseason which is more important for a young developing QB then a vet like Brady, Brees etc. The lack of preseason is even more harmful since half of his receivers are new this year (Plax, Kerley etc).

Has anyone considered that Schottenheimer is the problem? I think his play calling the last few weeks has been awful. Maybe it has been a bad idea to have young (rookie) Offensive Coordinator 'teaching' a young developing QB. Maybe if Mark had a Chris Palmer, Jim Zorn, Charlie Weis, etc he'd be further along by now.

Just a thought. But last thing I want is to cut Mark and he ends up with one of those guys and is an All Pro.

I said most of what you state above in another post....There are 6 games left, Sanchez can pick up his game by being SMART with the ball, but that does not account for the weird OC's play calling and the OL....everyone on this team has to pick up his game and that includes Rex.

We picked him 5th, I don't get it.

Well, you see, in the National Football league, a quarterback often throws the ball towards his teammates in an effort to move down the field and ultimately score a touchdown, which is done when the ball is possessed beyond the goal line by an offensive player. Now, occasionally this goes awry, and a defensive player actually catches the ball, which is called an interception. A slang term for interception is a pick, as in, the ball was picked off. Now, the defensive player making the "pick" can advance the ball towards the opposing goal line to make a touchdown of his own. This is occasionally referred to as a "pick 6", as a touchdown is worth 6 points.

Now, where does the jersey come in, you ask? Well, Mark Sanchez, quarterback of the Jets wears the number 6. What a coincidence, because he also throws a statistically improbable amount of said, Pick 6s. So, what I've done, is simply replaced the name Sanchez on his iconic #6 New York Jets jersey, with the word Pick, to point out his proclivity for throwing such errant passes.

I hope that clears things up.

Well, you see, in the National Football league, a quarterback often throws the ball towards his teammates in an effort to move down the field and ultimately score a touchdown, which is done when the ball is possessed beyond the goal line by an offensive player. Now, occasionally this goes awry, and a defensive player actually catches the ball, which is called an interception. A slang term for interception is a pick, as in, the ball was picked off. Now, the defensive player making the "pick" can advance the ball towards the opposing goal line to make a touchdown of his own. This is occasionally referred to as a "pick 6", as a touchdown is worth 6 points.

Now, where does the jersey come in, you ask? Well, Mark Sanchez, quarterback of the Jets wears the number 6. What a coincidence, because he also throws a statistically improbable amount of said, Pick 6s. So, what I've done, is simply replaced the name Sanchez on his iconic #6 New York Jets jersey, with the word Pick, to point out his proclivity for throwing such errant passes.

I hope that clears things up.

Our Mark Sanchez does this?

I said most of what you state above in another post....There are 6 games left, Sanchez can pick up his game by being SMART with the ball, but that does not account for the weird OC's play calling and the OL....everyone on this team has to pick up his game and that includes Rex.

News flash: Sanchez is not smart.

Thus far, Mark Sanchez has ruined Tannenbaum and Rex's plans for the season.

Yes, we know the issues with Oline, running game, and defense, but its become obvious to me that Tanny/Rex took a calculated risk in allowing some units to decline on the belief that Sanchez would be this year what he was in the postseason. They brought back Holmes for him, brought in a big redzone target to improve his redzone efficiency. They brought LT back as a safety net. Heck, they brought in Moore as a consultant.

All these moves was for Sanchez to make the "leap."

Sanchez sucks his rookie year, played well in 1st postseason. He was mediocre his 2nd yr, played well his 2nd postseason. I believe it was reasonable to assume that he would play well his 3rd year. If Sanchez played well, it would mask the other deficiencies.

The thing is, while Sanchez has incrementally improved, he hasn't improved enough to satisfy Tanny/Rex's gamble. Make no mistake--if Sanchez played well the last 2 games they'd be in prime position to at least take the No. 2 seed as Tanny/Rex planned from the beginning. Sanchez ruined that.

Now, my hope, is that Sanchez somehow gets a boost of testosterone and accuracy pills and plays well over the next 6 games so that while he has ruined the Home Playoff Game Gamble, he doesn't completely sabotage the season and they miss the playoffs as a result.

I agree with most of what you say but very few QB's overcome a OL and running game going from upper echelon to middle of the road at best. Many games the OL has been bottom 3rd of the league in it's performance. Sanchez makes some dumb throws and misses receivers way too much but he has received zero help from his OL and playmakers.

Think about defensive coordinators prepping for the Jets. Take away Keller, which everyone has done of late, give safety help on Holmes and no one else on our offense scares you unless it's Plax in the redzone. We have average playmakers at WR and running back and a QB who is shell shocked from the hits he has taken this year.

Sanchez needs to improve but there are many contributing factors to his and the teams failure. The witch hunt has gone overboard. Also when you say Tanny and Rex took a calcuated risk in letting "some" units decline it begs the question of which unit has not declined?

Because it's not true and because it's utterly irrelevant.

how the hell is it irrelevant? The Sanchez hate is hysterical....Greene is literally the worst running back in football, can't catch a pass, yet him sucking a$$ is absolutely irrelevant to Sanchez. Ok then.

Archived