Wasting a great defense

lanightmare225

Man we are wasting a way a talented defense and I'm only 23 but I've been a jet fan since a little kid and man this is a top 5 most crushing loss outside the 3 afc championship losses. We are way better than we are playing it's so frustrating I hate to say it but SOJ hope they prove me wrong eventually. I still have faith in Rex but he must make the necessary moves for the offense and everyone knows what that is and it doesn't matter if your daddy has a name in the league it don't mean your as good

Great defenses don't lose that game

Great defenses don't give up 95 yards in 4 minutes to a one dimensional offense.

Great defenses don't contain Eric ****ing Smith,

Eh. They held them for 58 minutes. If the offense doesn't do NOTHING all game, special teams doesn't turn the ball over, etc. then we win that game. You can't expect one unit to carry the team all by themselves.

Eh. They held them for 58 minutes. If the offense doesn't do NOTHING all game, special teams doesn't turn the ball over, etc. then we win that game. You can't expect one unit to carry the team all by themselves.

Thats nonsense.

Yes, Sanchez sucks, but the D allowed a 95 yd TD to lose the game. The Jets D is far from great.

Seriusly, how can anyone look at this D and call it great.

Last week we had a 9-6 lead with 1:22 left and we couldn't stop Brady when it counted.

Last night we had a 13-10 lead with what 4 plus minutes left to play and the Broncos were on the 5 yard line...and our great defense gives up a TD by allowing Tebow to run it in...Are you F'en kidding me.

Last week we had a 9-6 lead with 1:22 left and we couldn't stop Brady when it counted.

Last night we had a 13-10 lead with what 4 plus minutes left to play and the Broncos were on the 5 yard line...and our great defense gives up a TD by allowing Tebow to run it in...Are you F'en kidding me.

Put in any other quaterback and we wouldn't be having this discussion. Hell brunell could have put up more points.

Put in any other quaterback and we wouldn't be having this discussion. Hell brunell could have put up more points.

You may be right about that, but we all knew we had a very limited offense and yet that offense was still up on the Pats 9-6 with 1:22 left in the half. And you saw what happened last night. I am in no way shape or form defending Sanchez, he has taken a step back and thats painfully clear to all. But is Sanchez's problems directly related to the OC or is it a combination of the OC and Sanchez's inability to read defenses?

You may be right about that, but we all knew we had a very limited offense and yet that offense was still up on the Pats 9-6 with 1:22 left in the half. And you saw what happened last night. I am in no way shape or form defending Sanchez, he has taken a step back and thats painfully clear to all. But is Sanchez's problems directly related to the OC or is it a combination of the OC and Sanchez's inability to read defenses?

I agree that a certain amount of blame has to go to the d for folding at the end there. To answer your question I believe its a combination of both. I believe its a combination of both. We all know sanchez doesn't see the whole field and is vision is def poor and is surly inconsistent. Throwing behind Holmes for an easy td and overthrowing Keller for an easy TD.

Schitty isn't helping either. How about that one 3rd and medium and he calls a run play...to Powell. Why is mcknight not in for that situation. He's much better suited for that spot then Powell who BTW was a huge disappointment.

I can't pin this loss on the defense. They more then held there own for most of the game while our offense did nothing 90% of the game. Like batesman said, put brunell in and we win this game.

The biggest threat to this D last night was Tebow tucking and running. Yet they let him get 57 yards on the final drive. Rex should be held to account for that.

I agree that a certain amount of blame has to go to the d for folding at the end there. To answer your question I believe its a combination of both. I believe its a combination of both. We all know sanchez doesn't see the whole field and is vision is def poor and is surly inconsistent. Throwing behind Holmes for an easy td and overthrowing Keller for an easy TD.

Schitty isn't helping either. How about that one 3rd and medium and he calls a run play...to Powell. Why is mcknight not in for that situation. He's much better suited for that spot then Powell who BTW was a huge disappointment.

I saw that, that play pissed me off. Just seems like the team disconnected. Where is the on field leadership? We have 9 days till the next game, hoping they fix it...

The biggest threat to this D last night was Tebow tucking and running. Yet they let him get 57 yards on the final drive. Rex should be held to account for that.

They held tebow in check most of the game of the opening and final drive. Everything just broke down at the end there. Rex gets blame for the d folding and allowing this offense to continue the way it has. Seeing Powell on 3rd down is mind boggling.

You guys overestimate Mark Brunell. Brunell is DONE, both athletically, and financially.

I know Sanchez does not appear to be the answer, but Brunell? Come on!

Maybe, instead of trading with the Colts for a 36 year-old Peyton Manning, the Jets could trade for their first pick, and draft Andrew Luck.

Well that tends to happen when your defense is on the field all day defending an offense that play after play do nothing but run. It takes its toll I don't care who you are. if the Jet offense could have produced a few first downs then the game might have been different.

You guys overestimate Mark Brunell. Brunell is DONE, both athletically, and financially.

I know Sanchez does not appear to be the answer, but Brunell? Come on!

Maybe, instead of trading with the Colts for a 36 year-old Peyton Manning, the Jets could trade for their first pick, and draft Andrew Luck.

Brunell might be done, but I have a hard time believing Brunell would make those rookie mistakes Sanchez is still making, like staring down your receiver for a pick six.

Good luck trying to get Luck. To get him at the #1 spot is gonna be incredibly hard. And how is Luck an upgrade? The guy is all potential, but completely in the dark. He could still be a bust.

The D looked better than it actually is against Denver. Denver's myopic game plan played to our strength -- a big, slow run-stuffing line. The difference in speed and aggression between the Jets' and Bronco's D was all too obvious. Their guys were flying around, ours were lumbering. Good situation when the ball is being run between the tackles, but misdirection and runs to the outside burned us enough times.

Much as I love Leonhard's grittiness, both safeties need to be replaced. Cro does more harm than good. Desperate need for an OLB who can rush the passer. LB's who can play in space wouldn't hurt, either. We get no push without an all-out blitz, and we get burned when blitzing. The league has figured out Rex's defense. His all out blitzes result in big plays -- for the opposition. The stats in the Denver game are extremely misleading when in comes to the quality of our defense -- it is not total crap, but isn't that good either.

Brunell might be done, but I have a hard time believing Brunell would make those rookie mistakes Sanchez is still making, like staring down your receiver for a pick six.

Good luck trying to get Luck. To get him at the #1 spot is gonna be incredibly hard. And how is Luck an upgrade? The guy is all potential, but completely in the dark. He could still be a bust.

Anyone they draft could be a bust. And you have to remember that if you throw enough crap at the wall eventually some of it sticks. The Jets have been looking for a franchise QB since Namath.

Think of all the drafts, all the Free Agents, and all of the trades. Either we draft a guy like luck or we stick with Sanchez and draft a guy in the second round. I am completely against bringing in Manning at this point. Most importantly, we fire Schottenheimer!!!

Our defense is very good you just can't keep them on the field the whole game and expect them to hold it just doesn't work that way. when you go 3 and out everytime your defense doesn't have a chance to get their rest

If it were "very good", it would be able to defend against speed and the no-huddle. The defense is slow as $hit. Big up front, but still slow as $hit.

Anyone they draft could be a bust. And you have to remember that if you throw enough crap at the wall eventually some of it sticks. The Jets have been looking for a franchise QB since Namath.

Think of all the drafts, all the Free Agents, and all of the trades. Either we draft a guy like luck or we stick with Sanchez and draft a guy in the second round. I am completely against bringing in Manning at this point. Most importantly, we fire Schottenheimer!!!

We had a franchise QB in O'Brien. It's so hard to find that franchise QB, and I don't know if starting this whole process over with Luck is such a grand idea. People wanna close to book on Sanchez and go after Luck? Do we think we are gonna have better immediate results? Maybe. But we are taking on another rookie QB with no experience who will also have his fair share of growing pains.

If it were "very good", it would be able to defend against speed and the no-huddle. The defense is slow as $hit. Big up front, but still slow as $hit.

You tend to get slow when you are on the field all day that's any defense they didn't seem slow the other 58 minutes of the game.

Thats nonsense.

Yes, Sanchez sucks, but the D allowed a 95 yd TD to lose the game. The Jets D is far from great.

Seriusly, how can anyone look at this D and call it great.

It's not a great defense. But it is a good one.

We lost that game on one heartbreaking drive. But, if the offense played even to a level deemed "not so great", we'd have won by 2 TDs. Instead, the offense played horribly and we lost.

For the record, I'm not sure the way the league and the rules are currently devised, if there's such a thing as a "Great Defense" anymore.

I think they might be a thing of the past as everything is now geared towards passing and scoring more points.

Archived