Wasting a great defense

lanightmare225

It's not a great defense. But it is a good one.

We lost that game on one heartbreaking drive. But, if the offense played even to a level deemed "not so great", we'd have won by 2 TDs. Instead, the offense played horribly and we lost.

This...the defense is good enough for a championship. Our offense and Qb arent good enough for anything.

Man we are wasting a way a talented defense and I'm only 23 but I've been a jet fan since a little kid and man this is a top 5 most crushing loss outside the 3 afc championship losses. We are way better than we are playing it's so frustrating I hate to say it but SOJ hope they prove me wrong eventually. I still have faith in Rex but he must make the necessary moves for the offense and everyone knows what that is and it doesn't matter if your daddy has a name in the league it don't mean your as good

Dude, this might be the post of the year. We have wasted 2 1/2 years of a Super Bowl defense. It's not the best in the league but this defense could absolutely win a Super Bowl. And it is difficult to be a very good defense year in and year out.

Only one problem, we don't have a great defense. The Broncos offense is awful and they were able to march the length of the field on us when it counted.

Seriously? Are you an idiot? The D might is not great but it is still very good. Did you watch the game? The defense shut down Denver the entire night, gave up 3 fukin points before the final drive. Im not saying that final 95 drive doesnt count but gimme a break. There is no way we should have even been in that situation. Maybe if we had a QB that could actually stand in the pocket and make $hit happen, this wouldnt be a problem. Fukin Sanchez is like Chad Pennington except Sanchez throws more picks and fumbles the football.

But keep blaming the defense....or maybe Shotty....perhaps Rex?

If Sanchez was drafted in Round 4 from Princeton University everyone would be calling for us to cut him.

Man we are wasting a way a talented defense and I'm only 23 but I've been a jet fan since a little kid and man this is a top 5 most crushing loss outside the 3 afc championship losses. We are way better than we are playing it's so frustrating I hate to say it but SOJ hope they prove me wrong eventually. I still have faith in Rex but he must make the necessary moves for the offense and everyone knows what that is and it doesn't matter if your daddy has a name in the league it don't mean your as good

:rl:

Great and a defense with Eric Smith on it do not go together!

You're only as good as your weakest link. And obviously, that's Eric Smith, who is a pretty goddamn weak link. Our defense isn't good enough to win close games where they need to make a stop to finish. They're good enough to keep most if not every game close just by themselves though. We need an offense that can get us up by two scores when the defense holds the other team to 0-3 points early in the game. Then when we have a good lead, we can start leaning on the running game again like we used to and wear the other team down.

And Schotty's offense just sucks, especially early.

I keep rewatching the final drive in the Denver game.

Eric Smith took a bad angle on that last play - and is probably a below-average Safety - but he hustles his a$$ off (including on that play) and hits people. If you take another look at that last play you will see that Cromartie made virtually no effort to lose his block (Is Denarious Thomas such a fierce downfield blocker?) and was otherwise in perfect position to stop Tebow. The same can be said about Wilson but Wilson is young and sometimes lacks a full field awareness. Tebow was literally running right at Cromartie - as if he knew that Cro would shy away from contact if it came to it. Even at the goal line with the game, and possibly the season, on the line, Cromartie gave us nothing. Nothing.

Ugh.

Bad Coaching people, thats what caused the 95 yarder TD. We held them all game then decided to switch out of our base package for absolutely no reason. But in reality big deal that one TD drive. Our offense is foolish. Again despite the players abilities, we have a a coach that literally loses us games. Sure you can blame the D all you want, and yeah sure they did give up a td at the end but the truth is we should have had 21 points before the half but out complete failure of a off coord lost us this game, not sanchez, not a dropped pass, not a D that allowed one TD, it was Shotty...

Bad Coaching people, thats what caused the 95 yarder TD. We held them all game then decided to switch out of our base package for absolutely no reason. But in reality big deal that one TD drive. Our offense is foolish. Again despite the players abilities, we have a a coach that literally loses us games. Sure you can blame the D all you want, and yeah sure they did give up a td at the end but the truth is we should have had 21 points before the half but out complete failure of a off coord lost us this game, not sanchez, not a dropped pass, not a D that allowed one TD, it was Shotty...

If Rex doesn't blitz in that situation...we probably are sitting at 6-4 right now.

If Rex doesn't blitz in that situation...we probably are sitting at 6-4 right now.

Dude, if you are gonna fret because Ryan employed a risky blitz then you should do something else with your time and not watch Jet games as long as he is coach. This is the essense of his 'mad scientist' schtick. In fact, how can you criticize Ryan for employing a risky blitz package with the game on the line when he does it all the time? Even if you are right in this case then you have to consider all the times he used this type of overload run blitz to win games that brought the Jets to two straight AFC chanpionship games.

Are we talking JETS or LSU?

JETS d is not even good.

Dude, if you are gonna fret because Ryan employed a risky blitz then you should do something else with your time and not watch Jet games as long as he is coach. This is the essense of his 'mad scientist' schtick. In fact, how can you criticize Ryan for employing a risky blitz package with the game on the line when he does it all the time? Even if you are right in this case then you have to consider all the times he used this type of overload run blitz to win games that brought the Jets to two straight AFC chanpionship games.

Dude...no fretting here...just telling it like it is....you blitz using your head thats on your shoulders, not the head between your legs...because if you miss, your a dick head then...And I am 100% right in the case of why we lost....P.S. I have watched Jets games since 1969.

Our defense is very good you just can't keep them on the field the whole game and expect them to hold it just doesn't work that way. when you go 3 and out everytime your defense doesn't have a chance to get their rest

Chicago had a great defense and went to the SB with Rex Grossman at QB - we don't have a great defense.

Eric smith takes a bad angle it seems every big play. Our defense is a 7 out of 10. With a good safety I give us an 8.5. No doubt we need a pass rusher but a good safety would have made a huge difference wether you believe it or not. I think LSU has a couple safeties better than smith right now... Geaux Tigers

Dude...no fretting here...just telling it like it is....you blitz using your head thats on your shoulders, not the head between your legs...because if you miss, your a dick head then...And I am 100% right in the case of why we lost....P.S. I have watched Jets games since 1969.

It was a run blitz - something they do constantly. Smith messed up contain and CBs couldn't break free from their blockers (WRs!). The call was fine. The execution was not. With better execution Tebow is stuck in a pocket and either has to make a quick pass or run forward into the teeth of the blitz.

But whether the call was right or not isn't my point. It's that if you don't like exotic blitz calls then you shouldn't watch Jet games until Ryan is fired or retires. It's what he does.

Regardless of statistics and any nonsense Rex spews about how great they are, this year's defense, as well as the past two seasons, have been vastly overrated.

In the two AFC Championship Games, Sanchez is 37/63 for 490 yards, 4 Touchdowns, and 1 interception. Not Dan Marino numbers, but not Kyle Boller either. Very solid.

Whether people want to admit it or not, Sanchez is not the reason we haven't won a Super Bowl. We lost two Championship games because our defense sh*t the bed when it counted most.

Regardless of statistics and any nonsense Rex spews about how great they are, this year's defense, as well as the past two seasons, have been vastly overrated.

In the two AFC Championship Games, Sanchez is 37/63 for 490 yards, 4 Touchdowns, and 1 interception. Not Dan Marino numbers, but not Kyle Boller either. Very solid.

Whether people want to admit it or not, Sanchez is not the reason we haven't won a Super Bowl. We lost two Championship games because our defense sh*t the bed when it counted most.

This is a bullsh*t statement. Both AFC games we played teams with great offenses. The defense contained their offense in order to give the Jets atleast a shot.

You know what the Jets offense produced against Peyton Manning and the colt to "earn" a spot in the superbowl? 17 points...ALL IN THE FIRST HALF. The Jets defense that you're sh*tting on held Peyton to 13 points in the first half.

You know what the Jets offense did the 2nd half? NOTHING. They scored zero (0) points. Not a f'ing point, and left the Superbowl up to the other half of the team "the defense" to defend a 4 point lead for 2 qtrs against one of the best QB's to ever live and one of the most explosive offenses in the last 10 years.

Let me break down this insane comment some more.

Let me continue on about the Jets offense NORTORIOUSLY BEING a 2 qtr offense. We play the Steelers, a very good offensive team (not as much so as the Colts, but respectable) with a mean front 7 for a defense. This is a solid team here.

The Jets by halftime is down 24-0, you know why? Because Sanchez gives up a fumble for a TD. The defense gives up only 17 points. So the score should be 17-0 at halftime. Follow me now.....The Jets offense (under Schitty) decides to show up after half time. They score 19 points in the 2nd half. You know how much the Steelers scored? Nothing.

The Jets should have won this game 19-17...or should have won by an even bigger margin if this offense wasnt such a 2qtr team....JUST like we see this year (under schitty).

The Jets scored 17 points in the 2nd qtr against the Colts in their game. The Jets offense was SHUT OUT for 3 qtrs by a Colts defense that is KNOWN for being suspect.

Dont ever blame this defense for the troubles of this pathetically coordinated offense that can never, and has never played 4 qtrs of football against anyone no matter the team.

We have a great defense. We also have a schizophrenic offense that cant get their identity right beause we have a pathetic coordinator playing the part of a leader when in reality (which is okay) is simply nothing more than a supporting role.

This is a bullsh*t statement. Both AFC games we played teams with great offenses. The defense contained their offense in order to give the Jets atleast a shot.

You know what the Jets offense produced against Peyton Manning and the colt to "earn" a spot in the superbowl? 17 points...ALL IN THE FIRST HALF. The Jets defense that you're sh*tting on held Peyton to 13 points in the first half.

You know what the Jets offense did the 2nd half? NOTHING. They scored zero (0) points. Not a f'ing point, and left the Superbowl up to the other half of the team "the defense" to defend a 4 point lead for 2 qtrs against one of the best QB's to ever live and one of the most explosive offenses in the last 10 years.

Let me break down this insane comment some more.

Let me continue on about the Jets offense NORTORIOUSLY BEING a 2 qtr offense. We play the Steelers, a very good offensive team (not as much so as the Colts, but respectable) with a mean front 7 for a defense. This is a solid team here.

The Jets by halftime is down 24-0, you know why? Because Sanchez gives up a fumble for a TD. The defense gives up only 17 points. So the score should be 17-0 at halftime. Follow me now.....The Jets offense (under Schitty) decides to show up after half time. They score 19 points in the 2nd half. You know how much the Steelers scored? Nothing.

The Jets should have won this game 19-17...or should have won by an even bigger margin if this offense wasnt such a 2qtr team....JUST like we see this year (under schitty).

The Jets scored 17 points in the 2nd qtr against the Colts in their game. The Jets offense was SHUT OUT for 3 qtrs by a Colts defense that is KNOWN for being suspect.

Dont ever blame this defense for the troubles of this pathetically coordinated offense that can never, and has never played 4 qtrs of football against anyone no matter the team.

We have a great defense. We also have a schizophrenic offense that cant get their identity right beause we have a pathetic coordinator playing the part of a leader when in reality (which is okay) is simply nothing more than a supporting role.

Great defense?

LOL.

Now THAT is total bullsh*t.

You guys realize that the last drive they gave up was The Last Drive on a long night in high altitude? That D had to chase Tbow for 28 minutes at Mile High stadium. All our offense had to do was not suck balls. D did well. The O? Balls were attended to with mad suckage. What kills me is that this fanbase has had to live with such a lean output by the offense for so many years that they don't realize that this team has a terrible, awful suck-balls offense. That other offenses are actually enjoyable to watch. That other teams march and drive and score quite often--its actually not unusual! Well, for us its unusual. And this is the reason we do not win Superbowls. The defense does it's job well. The defense gets credited with all of mark's pick-6's and has to battle bad field position and three-and-out exhaustion every game. The special teams are consistently tops in the NFL or close...giving this offense opportunities most other offenses never get. Yet scoring 30 points (without defensive scores and special teams scores) is so rare as to be cause for celebration. Sad. Our Defense should get paid a differential for having to buoy the ball-sucking offense.

It was a run blitz - something they do constantly. Smith messed up contain and CBs couldn't break free from their blockers (WRs!). The call was fine. The execution was not. With better execution Tebow is stuck in a pocket and either has to make a quick pass or run forward into the teeth of the blitz.

But whether the call was right or not isn't my point. It's that if you don't like exotic blitz calls then you shouldn't watch Jet games until Ryan is fired or retires. It's what he does.

Hey we won yesterday, on to the next game....defense did not play well yesterday hope they pick it up against the Skins...

Archived