who do you take

bman

Lets say Bush is gone...

we have the no.2 pick with Leinert and The Big OT staring at us..Who do you take?

Therein lies the problem. Penny isn't going ANYWHERE with that contract. So do u take Leinart and have 2 multi million dollar QBs and no one to block for them or trade down, get some more picks, and fill your holes for less salary.

Therein lies the problem. Penny isn't going ANYWHERE with that contract. So do u take Leinart and have 2 multi million dollar QBs and no one to block for them or trade down, get some more picks, and fill your holes for less salary.

Under my plan Penne is cut and i take all my caphits next year, Ba Bye Penne,Fabini, Mawae, Law, Jmac, Cm...

Hire Ron Wolf and fire TB

Trade Abe for cap friendly Rivers, Draft a golden Bush and draft all OL and DT's

Oh and then have Wolf Sh8tcan Hermy and hire a real coach. I think Donnie has not earned his coin this year as D blows and we have had few injuries on this side of ball.

We suck for 1 more year and go 6-10 with kids.

You cannot have a $64M backup, we do not want any restructure here, get rid of him quickly.

Dinger even stated that Penne's mechanics would have to change!!!!!

Under my plan Penne is cut and i take all my caphits next year, Ba Bye Penne,Fabini, Mawae, Law, Jmac, Cm...

It really would be preferable to get a pro like Wolf in here and blow it all up. And if Pennington wants every penny, see ya!

Trade Abe for cap friendly Rivers, Draft a golden Bush and draft all OL and DT's

Oh and then have Wolf Sh8tcan Hermy and hire a real coach. I think Donnie has not earned his coin this year as D blows and we have had few injuries on this side of ball.

You cannot have a $64M backup, we do not want any restructure here, get rid of him quickly.

I think we would be able to deal with a 4-12, 6-10 2006 if you could see a realistic plan for the future. Edwards and Bradway are still too invested in Martin, Pennington, and all the old dawgs. If this franchise and it's owner thinks anyone gives a flying fcuk about Martin reaching these pointless milestones, they haven't a clue.

I do not think gutting the roster is the answer. Herm just needs to get guys to perform and Terry needs to do a better job picking them up.

To answer the original question - there is no way in hell I take Leinhart. No matter when he is available. I would take the LT or trade down.

I do not think gutting the roster is the answer. Herm just needs to get guys to perform and Terry needs to do a better job picking them up.

this is a joke post right?

i hope u r not serious. herm is a fool when it comes to game day strategy and clock management. we suck EVERY year out of shoot (his pre season planning and traing camp),,after 5 years this guy learns nadda

this is a joke post right?

i hope u r not serious. herm is a fool when it comes to game day strategy and clock management. we suck EVERY year out of shoot (his pre season planning and traing camp),,after 5 years this guy learns nadda

What I was saying here is that Herm has yet to get many players to perform up to thier ability.

That's all fine and dandy, but there's no way they'd be able to take all those cap hits. Ideally, it'd be best to cut everyone in 07, which is an uncapped year. Think of it as the get out of jail free card, that the owners will give themselves. The players will get higher contracts, probably more of a guarantee, but they'll have to leave 07 as uncapped to do so.

It's not a bad plan, it's just not likely. With the cap and all.

I think we would be able to deal with a 4-12, 6-10 2006 if you could see a realistic plan for the future. Edwards and Bradway are still too invested in Martin, Pennington, and all the old dawgs. If this franchise and it's owner thinks anyone gives a flying fcuk about Martin reaching these pointless milestones, they haven't a clue.

i think you are wrong about that. the sentiment of most jet fans is not the same as the resounding sentiment of this board. i think most fans like herm and believe he is the best coach (tuna excluded) that this team has had or will have. they are willing to chalk this season up to bad luck and see what herm can do next year.

ok, whats that 1 in 5, u get the drift,,

even a blind turd can find the bowl once in awhile

And check out the amazing teams we beat!

The Bengals, who, yes, are very talented and a true contender now, but at the time, were giving the starting nod to Carson Palmer for the FIRST TIME

The Chargers, coming off a 4-12 season

The Bills, by a whopping 2 points at home

The 49ers, who eventually finished 2-14

The Dolphins, who eventually got the 2nd pick in the draft.

I take the OL.

That is where it all starts. Good OL means, good running game, which leads to play action and protection for our QB and all those other little things the Jets offense is missing this year.

Getting bigger and meaner on the offensive line is the first step.

I take the OL.

That is where it all starts. Good OL means, good running game, which leads to play action and protection for our QB and all those other little things the Jets offense is missing this year.

Getting bigger and meaner on the offensive line is the first step.

Off Lines are built via low draft picks, free agents and walk-ons..

The main thing for a OL is to play together over a period of time. Somthing Bradway did not figure out.

Off Lines are built via low draft picks, free agents and walk-ons..

The main thing for a OL is to play together over a period of time. Somthing Bradway did not figure out.

Your kidding right ?

Mawae and Fabini have probably been together too long.

I mean think about. The core of the offensive line since Herm has been here is Mawae and Fabini. If anything. Lose a Ryan Young, Kareem Mackenzie steps up. Randy Thomas goes in comes Pete Kendall.

The main problem with the Jets offensive line during the Edwards era is that they have been a finesse line not an overpowering OL like the Steelers.

When a great offensive lineman comes out he goes early. If I were the Jets and I have a choice between Ferguson or Leinert I'm going to take Ferguson. Leinert isn't going to be able to do anything for the seat of his pants.

Your kidding right ?

I mean think about. The core of the offensive line since Herm has been here is Mawae and Fabini. If anything. Lose a Ryan Young, Kareem Mackenzie steps up. Randy Thomas goes in comes Pete Kendall.

The main problem with the Jets offensive line during the Edwards era is that they have been a finesse line not an overpowering OL like the Steelers.

When a great offensive lineman comes out he goes early. If I were the Jets and I have a choice between Ferguson or Leinert I'm going to take Ferguson. Leinert isn't going to be able to do anything for the seat of his pants.

These kind of questions can not be answered at this time of year, or by just mentioning teh players that you have.

You have to look at your draft board. If there is greater value throughout the board at Tackle, well then, maybe QB and RB rank higher in your priority areas. Or, it can work the other way.

A good GM will look at the entire board, rather than just individual players when putting the finishing touches on his top board.

I have to admit though, Ferguson looks like a bookend for 14 years. Too early for this speculation, though.

Your kidding right ?

haha, i meant together as in 2 to 3 years to gell,, of course mawaea and fabini are WELL past thier prime,,

Archived