I Was 11 Years Old

ThisYearsModel

When I watched the Jets beat the Colts in Super Bowl 3. Had the 2 teams for my electric football game. Painted the end zones the day before. Moved the players up and down the electric football field according to the live game. Went to school bragging about the Jets the next day. It is a wondeful memory. Unfortunately, every year since has ended the same way since then. We had a couple nice runs......with Joe Walton ending in the slop in Miami..........with Parcells ending in an incredible choke in Denver, and last year's first half no-show in Pittsburgh. Otherwise, the seasons have ended early like this one. I don't get emotional about it anymore................I expect these results. Sad but true.....these guys wore me out years ago. I will always watch and hope, but it is very hard to invest emmotionally in a team that smashes your heart at the rocks for 42 years and counting.

At least you saw one. I'm 25 going on 26 and for whatever reason.... probably cause I ******* hate myself, this team is the one thing I really care about. My new favorite team is the Mayans, after last night I support 2012

LOL

That actually made me laugh.

Hey, I had just returned from Viet Nam when the Jets won. Was a nice welcome home gift. Thought Namath was going to win 4-5 rings.

Every off season I always get hyped. Sure this is the year. Even during the Kotite years. Still have a faint hope for this one.

Oh well

lol. You could always be a Cubs fan.

LOL. Thankfully I have been a Yankee fan my entire life.

It sucks to be a Jets fan regardless of your age. I just think the tweeners drew the short straw. Too young to have seen or remember the SB, old enough to remember every single heartbreak since.

When I watched the Jets beat the Colts in Super Bowl 3. Had the 2 teams for my electric football game. Painted the end zones the day before. Moved the players up and down the electric football field according to the live game. Went to school bragging about the Jets the next day. It is a wondeful memory. Unfortunately, every year since has ended the same way since then. We had a couple nice runs......with Joe Walton ending in the slop in Miami..........with Parcells ending in an incredible choke in Denver, and last year's first half no-show in Pittsburgh. Otherwise, the seasons have ended early like this one. I don't get emotional about it anymore................I expect these results. Sad but true.....these guys wore me out years ago. I will always watch and hope, but it is very hard to invest emmotionally in a team that smashes your heart at the rocks for 42 years and counting.

Actually, it was Walt Michaels who was the HC, not Joe Walton, but I get the point AND feel your pain.

LOL. Thankfully I have been a Yankee fan my entire life.

It sucks to be a Jets fan regardless of your age. I just think the tweeners drew the short straw. Too young to have seen or remember the SB, old enough to remember every single heartbreak since.

Try Jets and Mets. I was 7 when the Mets won the world series, it was my first year playing baseball. Loved Doc and Daryl who turned out to be crack heads.

That pretty much sums up my professional sports fandom. Thank goodness I got into UF, they had a nice run there. It was nice knowing what it feels like to cheer for a winner.

Try Jets and Mets. I was 7 when the Mets won the world series, it was my first year playing baseball. Loved Doc and Daryl who turned out to be crack heads.

That pretty much sums up my professional sports fandom. Thank goodness I got into UF, they had a nice run there. It was nice knowing what it feels like to cheer for a winner.

Also, Charlie Ward.

The moments of greatness have been slim but there for the Jets....SB3, Sack Exchange (which in my mind would put up against any defense in NFL history)...the 10-1 run that one year (but then the beat down on Monday night 45-3 against the Dollphans)...1998.....and a few others like the last two years.

Anyway being a Jets fan means sticking by the team. Thank god I am a Yankees fan..ever since I saw Mantle and Peppitone on TV.

Archived