with pennington this team would win a championship

neckdemon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, that's until he ran into a good defense, which is when he'd sh*t the bed; as always.

Pennington was a limited quarterback due to injuries, and because of those injuries... He sucked.

Sanchez has been to two AFC Championship Games during his first two years in the league, while also playing lights out come postseason play. He's only 10 games into his 3rd season. How many times did Pennington make it as far as the Championship game? How many years has he been in the league? Exactly.

"Some fans".

Not so far fetched.

Consistent solid QB play is all the Jets needed with a top 5 run game and defense the last two seasons

Sanchez has played more than solid in the post season so I imagine you mean solid play during the season may have given us home field in the play-offs and a btter shot at going all the way. I hope so because the past two seasons the QB from our division having issues in the post season (at home no less) is not Sanchez.

Sanchez has played more than solid in the post season so I imagine you mean solid play during the season may have given us home field in the play-offs and a btter shot at going all the way. I hope so because the past two seasons the QB from our division having issues in the post season (at home no less) is not Sanchez.

Sanchez disappears in games - post season games as well..

The 2nd half of the 2009 AFCC vs Indy, almost the entire 2010 Indy playoff game, the first half of the 2010 AFCC vs Pitt.

I would take Favre right now. At least that guy could throw downfield. At least his interceptions came on 40 yard bombs instead of screen passes that go back the other way.

I was thinking about last game, and I wonder what would have happened if: 1) Greene doesn't get hurt, 2) Sanchez throws ZERO passes. I asked myself, "Would we have had a better chance to win that game if that's how it went down?"

Truth is, I'm not sure. But the fact that it's even debatable is really pathetic.

Yup, that's until he ran into a good defense, which is when he'd sh*t the bed; as always.

Pennington was a limited quarterback due to injuries, and because of those injuries... He sucked.

Sanchez has been to two AFC Championship Games during his first two years in the league, while also playing lights out come postseason play. He's only 10 games into his 3rd season. How many times did Pennington make it as far as the Championship game? How many years has he been in the league? Exactly.

"Some fans".

Exactly what has Sanchez done when he "ran into a good defense"?

Sanchez disappears in games - post season games as well..

The 2nd half of the 2009 AFCC vs Indy, almost the entire 2010 Indy playoff game, the first half of the 2010 AFCC vs Pitt.

But... But... But... 4th quarter comeback... back to back AFCC... Schotty sucks...

I remember with great fondness the pick six-a-thon that was Pennington's final year here. Good times.

A fun fact for you, and someone can double check this if they'd like, but in Pennington's "Pick Six-a-Thon" as you say, he actually had 1 less Pick 6 than Sanchez has thus far this season.

A fun fact for you, and someone can double check this if they'd like, but in Pennington's "Pick Six-a-Thon" as you say, he actually had 1 less Pick 6 than Sanchez has thus far this season.

He threw 2 in 7 games and was benched.. sanchez already has 30% more attempts too.. I understand knocking sanchez, but comparing him to that pile of dung is ridiculous

He threw 2 in 7 games and was benched.. sanchez already has 30% more attempts too.. I understand knocking sanchez, but comparing him to that pile of dung is ridiculous

Yes, I realize that. Just pointing out, if you're going to call something a "pick-six-a-thon", it's worth noting that our QB has thrown more this season.

And, do you think he's done?

Yes, I realize that. Just pointing out, if you're going to call something a "pick-six-a-thon", it's worth noting that our QB has thrown more this season.

And, do you think he's done?

I think this 10 days off will help a lot.. I think he needed to be benched, but the long break should help.

I'm not as down on him as you are, he's very young.. That being said, I'm not as high on him as others are either..

I think this 10 days off will help a lot.. I think he needed to be benched, but the long break should help.

I'm not as down on him as you are, he's very young.. That being said, I'm not as high on him as others are either..

I've just yet to see what he brings to the table.

I think for the most part, he was in the way of two very good teams reaching their potential.

I've just yet to see what he brings to the table.

I think for the most part, he was in the way of two very good teams reaching their potential.

Sure, but what did you expect? There's been like 2 rookies that came in a played extremely well prior to this year, and both had like 3x the starting experience then Sanchez.. The guy was basically predicted to bomb and has played erratically, but flashed well..

Honestly, if Re/Tanny were so confident in rex's ability to make this defense good, they should've went own to MIss an begged Favre to come back for 1 more year.. Starting an unprepared Sanchez on a win now team is Rex and Tanny's fault, not Sanchez's

Yeah but Mark waits to lose in AFC championship games and Penny loses regular old stinky playoff games. Mark loses at a higher level. Take that yellin.

Archived