How do you guys like this play call on 3rd down?

Matt39

From the confusion I see every week. You have to admit we see 2-3 12 men on the field penalties every week thats one sign. The poor use of time outs is another sign and thats on both the coaches and players from what we've seen. WR's running an out and the QB throwing an in. Missed assignments on Defense like we saw on more than one occasion vs the Pats. I see your point as to Who do we blame from the couch but no matter who we blame its happening and thats the biggest issue of all it does not seem to get fixed. Player Substitution is the simplest form of coaching and when your still seeing issues past mid season and multiple times per game you just have to shake your head.

We make some dumb mistakes in that regard. But, honestly, they're not the reason we lose.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as curious as 3rd and 2 and going to a shotgun empty backfield set and removing play action from your options.

Just plain stupid ... but that's our OC, for you.

Crazy thing #23802104812401284 that EVERY good QB allows his offense to be able to do. Any QB WORTH HIS SALT is capable of handling and has has handled this situation well. I'm sure even Sanchez has had a success or two in the situation...

I like this play a lot better on 2nd and 6 than 3rd and 6. My only problem with this call is that, whether it's Sanchez' or the receivers' fault, it never seems to work for us in that situation. Maybe it works for other teams, it probably does, but if it never works, why call it?

Same with most empty plays. I would love to see what this team's success rate on empty plays is, btw, cause I would be surprised if it was >25%.

Btw, did McKnight motion out of the backfield there? If he did, then the defense should at least know that the inside 3 receivers are probably going to run digs. I remember we used to run those plays a lot with LT last year, with the outside receivers either running a dig, or a deeper decoy route. Schotty likes that play on 3rd down. I think that was the play in the playoffs last year vs the Pats when Holmes was interfered with and Nance made a fuss about how fast the ref threw the flag.

Just watched a piece about the Jets on NFL network as to why they are having so many problems on offense. Kurt Warner and Steve Mariucci were the main contributors They pointed to Play calling, Terrible O-Line Play, they Showed Clips of our WR's actully running into one another and never getting separation and Mark Sanchez never getting the "easy" throw which is created by mismatches. Pretty interesting stuff especially since Ive been screaming about this for years when it comes to the WR's and OC . Now that our O-Line is in Shambles it compounds the problem, yet its very easy to just blame the QB . They also pointed out how the Jets used to be a team that dominated running the ball to the right but we can no longer do that because our personnel (hunter + Mulligan) can no longer pull it off like Damien Woody.

When I saw the Film of Santonio and Plaxico actully running into one another and falling to the ground it was embarressing and should be embarressing for this entire organisation. It just confirms the fact that these dopes just dont put in the work to learn this offense. Lets get some WR's with ******* brains and an OC that can coach them up.

Archived