Overturned Touchdown

nj meadowlands

It was a TD he had possesion before he hit the ground. The ground can not cause a fumble so I don't understand the ball was not moving around at all before he hit the ground and he clearly had tucked the ball into his arms before hitting the ground.

So if all the ball has to do is cross the goal line and then can come loose, or if on a regular play the 'ground can't cause the fumble' then how the hell is that not a TD. Besides that there wasn't a replay that clearly showed it.

Jets got hoses, terrbible call. Shockey's TD stands and LC's gets taken away. Bullsh*t

how many time have we seen the ball cross the plain by a RB, and the ball get knocked loose

Still a TD

WTF??

EXACTLY!

I'll never understand why a RB or WR can just barely stick the nose of the football over the goaline and get a touchdown, but Coles who clearly has 2 feet in and possession of the ball in his grasps gets overturned? It is seriously something the NFL needs to fix, really shows how pathetic some of these rules are.

I'm just telling you the rule. I'm not saying that I agree with it. When a player catches the ball he must MAINTAIN posssession of the ball upon hitting the ground. It is a new rule and I did not see the Shockey TD so I can not comment on that. All I know is that if you go by the rule book the ref made the right call.

Archived