Sanchez with 4 TD's; And the Jets win during a last minute drive!!

JetsFanFromQueens

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not create this miasma. I am merely a product of it.

mi·as·ma (mimacr.gif-abreve.gifzprime.gifmschwa.gif, memacr.gif-)

n. pl. mi·as·mas or mi·as·ma·ta (-mschwa.gif-tschwa.gif)

1. A noxious atmosphere or influence: "The family affection, the family expectations, seemed to permeate the atmosphere . . . like a coiling miasma" (Louis Auchincloss).

a. A poisonous atmosphere formerly thought to rise from swamps and putrid matter and cause disease.

b. A thick vaporous atmosphere or emanation: wreathed in a miasma of cigarette smoke.

Solid word for the day

Sanchez is poop. That said, his final play to Holmes might have been his best play of the year, buying time and throwing a perfect pass on the run. Also, the TD pass to Burress was encouraging...your probably thinking, huh?, because he was wide open. But he had some pressure in his face and instead of looking down and trying to find room, he kept his head up, stepped on in the pocket and delivered. Those 2 plays were good. The rest, poop.

Sanchez is poop. That said, his final play to Holmes might have been his best play of the year, buying time and throwing a perfect pass on the run. Also, the TD pass to Burress was encouraging...your probably thinking, huh?, because he was wide open. But he had some pressure in his face and instead of looking down and trying to find room, he kept his head up, stepped on in the pocket and delivered. Those 2 plays were good. The rest, poop.

Triumph-the-Insult-Comic-Dog.jpg

The last pass to Holmes was alot like his first real NFL QB moment (IMO anyway), the game winner against the Chargers in the '09 playoffs.

He has to do more of that...improvising, directing, leading, and executing. I like him, but right now only in moments.

He would, if Schotty called abetter game!

Sanchez was not good today. He made some clutch throws but stunk for most of the game. In other words: It was a typical Sanchez game.

I'll take the win and will hope that the way we won will build some confidence in this kid and maybe some confidence from his OC.

As for Schotty, again, a very typical game. He made some absolutely moronic calls but dialed up enough good plays in key spots to get us the win.

This defense needs to play better. We made FItzpatrick look like Joe Montana in spots and caught a break in that Stevie Johnson is a choking POS.

This post is shocking from you.

Sanchez is going through the predicted sophomore slump, just a year late. Methinks his poor play is contagious. The whole team is playing down to his level. I'll keep watching the games, but the hope for a Super Bowl run has faded. Let's hope for next year!

Sanchez had a bad game and has not had a good year although he's incrementally improved over last year.

We can't diminish his 4 TDs because the Jets absolutely needed them all for the win. I give him credit for that along with criticism for his inaccuracy.

This post is shocking from you.

BTW, I laughed at your "look at my sig" post in the game thread because on the final drive that was EXACTLY what I was thinking.

That's not a good feeling.

It's weird, but last year I had confidence in Sanchez on such drives. It could be delusional, but even in the AFCCG I was just praying the D could give the ball back to Sanchez and he'd win the game. He played well in those spots last year.

Maybe, this Bills game will bring some of the feeling back. Maybe it's a stepping stone for the season and we can have more confidence in Sanchez, at least for those crucial moments.

Because right now, every Sanchez pass is an adventure and I hate that feeling.

Sanchez had a bad game and has not had a good year although he's incrementally improved over last year.

We can't diminish his 4 TDs because the Jets absolutely needed them all for the win. I give him credit for that along with criticism for his inaccuracy.

I didn't notice it until today but he might get into the mid 20's in TD passes. He also set himself a career high in TD passes...

He really just needs to work on being more efficient...We killas out here and all that and killas have to be efficient.

BTW, I laughed at your "look at my sig" post in the game thread because on the final drive that was EXACTLY what I was thinking.

That's not a good feeling.

It's weird, but last year I had confidence in Sanchez on such drives. It could be delusional, but even in the AFCCG I was just praying the D could give the ball back to Sanchez and he'd win the game. He played well in those spots last year.

Maybe, this Bills game will bring some of the feeling back. Maybe it's a stepping stone for the season and we can have more confidence in Sanchez, at least for those crucial moments.

Because right now, every Sanchez pass is an adventure and I hate that feeling.

Agreed with this, love the last sentence. I'm saying, "oh god", every time he throws it now.

I didn't notice it until today but he might get into the mid 20's in TD passes. He also set himself a career high in TD passes...

Jets kind of go out of there way to pad his stats with TD's... if i wasn't tired, I'd look, but i have to imagine we're the only team with an inaccurate crappy qb that throw 3/4 times within the 5 yard line

Jets kind of go out of there way to pad his stats with TD's... if i wasn't tired, I'd look, but i have to imagine we're the only team with an inaccurate crappy qb that throw 3/4 times within the 5 yard line

Sanchez had an awful day today as far as I am concerned, but because he had 4TDs, everyone thinks he improved. He could just as easily have had 4 or five INTs today. He threw behind so many receivers, made bonehead reads, was bailed out by receivers, and threw another critical pick that led to points.

Ugh, here we go. 4 TD's equals vindication. Meanwhile Sanchez looked awful as usual for the majority of the game and was given a gift from Tom Cruise himself with Plaxico's grab. God I hate him.

Yeah this game pretty much shows just how overblown a stat that TD passes can be. Sanchez was awful today. It took circus catches by Plax and Keller to just keep drives alive. Its hard to watch sometimes.

Archived