Sanchez with 4 TD's; And the Jets win during a last minute drive!!

JetsFanFromQueens

I know, thats why I like busting your balls about the guy. I <3 him and was glad to see us trying to get him the ball in more creative ways. The one sideline throw he didnt haul in was frustrating cuz that might have been Snchz's best throw all year.

Keller was a nice surprise...I was shocked he didnt try to hurdle the dude after making that nice 1 handed catch.

Yeah Sanchez was not playing well in the pocket yesterday IMO but he did make it happen in the redzone which I'll take any day. I liked the fact he rolled out and made a nice throw to Holmes in the back of the endzone directing the WR's . Sanchez throws the ball very well on the run or when he rolls out we should play more to that strength because he does not seem to do as well in the pocket.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would do almost anything to have Manning come here and prove you wrong once and for all. IOf Manning comes here, Schotty will leave when he gets a HC gig, cause manning will make him look good instead of Sancheeze making him look like sh*t

Its a matter of Opinion since its not happening. Manning does not seem to be the type of drama Queen Favre was and I think he will want to stay an retire as a Colt . Also keep in Mind he does not need the money so he may take less to stay and mentor an Andrew Luck if the Colts go in that direction. It would be crazy for them not too.

I clearly said I was too lazy to prove my premise, I happen to think they are padding his stats as the team has a lot invested in him. (high draft slot, no backup), anything to make him appear more successful works both to keep hounds at bay, and maybe his confidence up. To my eyes, I've never seen a team with a QB this bad almost never run it when down close...

But you are bitching about something that Sanchez actually does WELL-score TDs in the red zone.

I could care less if they they summersaulted in the red zone to score-Let's not try and denigrate something that he is doing well, by simply saying the coaching staff is looking to "pad stats".

If it works don't bitch. Unless your agenda is greater than the overall good of the team.

Dude if Manning came here it would only be a matter of time before Manning was in Woodys or Rex's office saying get this guy the **** out of here and let me run the show.

No intelligent human being is thinking "we need to bring in Peyton Manning's SYSTEM with him because THAT'S what makes Peyton Manning." Give him the ball, give him a couple seconds, and he'll find someone to catch the pass. I know we like to imagine every offensive playbook ( except ours..always) as something unique and special, but they're not. Everyone's copying everyone, and all those everyones are copying a select few historic coaches. No one has broken out anything ground breaking in a good 30 years. Manning would be here because he's a significant improvement at QB, not because he's a fn upgrade in system/playbook...That's so unbelievably lame/lazy. They'd finally have a QB who can run the whole playbook at any given time...

Not that I'm so into the Manning idea anymore. It makes sense, but eventually I think I'll come to like Sanchez.

No intelligent human being is thinking "we need to bring in Peyton Manning's SYSTEM with him because THAT'S what makes Peyton Manning." Give him the ball, give him a couple seconds, and he'll find someone to catch the pass. I know we like to imagine every offensive playbook ( except ours..always) as something unique and special, but they're not. Everyone's copying everyone, and all those everyones are copying a select few historic coaches. No one has broken out anything ground breaking in a good 30 years. Manning would be here because he's a significant improvement at QB, not because he's a fn upgrade in system/playbook...That's so unbelievably lame.

Wrong. The Broncos arent copying anyone. :)

I clearly said I was too lazy to prove my premise, I happen to think they are padding his stats as the team has a lot invested in him. (high draft slot, no backup), anything to make him appear more successful works both to keep hounds at bay, and maybe his confidence up. To my eyes, I've never seen a team with a QB this bad almost never run it when down close...

I expect more from you than this crap. I can see this "padding" happening when a QB is in the Tom Brady Peyton Manning Dan Marino Mold and throwing 45 + TD's but absolutely NOT when a team needs a win and there QB has 14 TD's. If the Jets didnt Trust Sanchez NO WAY they are doing what you claim. This may even be beyond the Chad Pennington Plots you accused him of to win back starting jobs.

No intelligent human being is thinking "we need to bring in Peyton Manning's SYSTEM with him because THAT'S what makes Peyton Manning." Give him the ball, give him a couple seconds, and he'll find someone to catch the pass. I know we like to imagine every offensive playbook ( except ours..always) as something unique and special, but they're not. Everyone's copying everyone, and all those everyones are copying a select few historic coaches. No one has broken out anything ground breaking in a good 30 years. Manning would be here because he's a significant improvement at QB, not because he's a fn upgrade in system/playbook...That's so unbelievably lame/lazy. They'd finally have a QB who can run the whole playbook at any given time...

Not that I'm so into the Manning idea anymore. It makes sense, but eventually I think I'll come to like Sanchez.

And this paragraph shows your complete lack of knowledge when it comes to football. Nothing different in the past 30 years ...really ? Im aslo guessing all of the Jets offensive weaknesses miraculously dissapear because Manning walks in the door right ? I guess the defensive problems go away as well

I expect more from you than this crap. I can see this "padding" happening when a QB is in the Tom Brady Peyton Manning Dan Marino Mold and throwing 45 + TD's but absolutely NOT when a team needs a win and there QB has 14 TD's. If the Jets didnt Trust Sanchez NO WAY they are doing what you claim. This may even be beyond the Chad Pennington Plots you accused him of to win back starting jobs.

Paranoia plots within your own fandom must be a difficult pill for him to swallow.

And this paragraph shows your complete lack of knowledge when it comes to football. Nothing different in the past 30 years ...really ? Im aslo guessing all of the Jets offensive weaknesses miraculously dissapear because Manning walks in the door right ? I guess the defensive problems go away as well

Pretending that different is what I said, what's different? What's changed the way teams operate an offense since Walsh in a truly significant manner (besides league rule changes)?

I'd say your guess is mostly correct...The vast majority of offensive problems would suddenly seem a good distance away with a guy who isn't building towards being considered a good starting QB.

sanchez still does not throw with accuracy many passes or make the correct reads-throwing into double and triple coverage. Locking on a receiver and winging it no matter what. Unless he can improve in that area he will never be a very good QB

Peyton Manning would have a broken forehead with this O-line.

Did you know hes also going to 2 ways and play at Safety ..... In the next few years the Jets will have Major Decisions to make at LB, SS, FS, RT, and RB. Manning wont fix that mess unless we make all the right moves and the way we handled this off season thats not happening.

Check out this blunder in yesterday’s game. Don’t the officials know the rules? Sanchez could've had 5 td's...

I was so confused about this. I was at a bar with no sound, so I couldnt hear what was going on, but I was screaming, wtf is going on?

First off, terrible job by the officials...but shame on the Jets for not either calling the refs over and trying to get the booth to review it or at least calling a timeout that they had remaining when they realized that the game clock was still running. It looked like they didnt even realize what happened till after they ran that play and let 24 seconds rolled off the clock.

The coaching staff needs to be more aware in those situations.

Did you guys also see the game between the Broncos and Chargers ? The game went into Overtime and the referee was explaining Playoff rules . Saying each team would have a chance at posession if the receiving team scored ..that was pretty comical. Someone needs to let that ref in on the fact its still sudden death during the regular season

Did you guys also see the game between the Broncos and Chargers ? The game went into Overtime and the referee was explaining Playoff rules . Saying each team would have a chance at posession if the receiving team scored ..that was pretty comical. Someone needs to let that ref in on the fact its still sudden death during the regular season

Yes, I did...very funny indeed.

And I know this is totally out of the blue...but I think it was you during one of our offseason spats about Holmes that laughed at me when I said he's got the most game winning TD's in the league of the last 20 years...but I couldnt find anything to prove it.

flgreen just posted this in the news thread. Just so you know I wasnt pulling sh*t our my a$$.

ODDS AND ENDS: WR Santonio Holmes recorded his sixth game-winning TD in the final two minutes of the fourth quarter/overtime. He now has the most game-winning TD catches since 1983, breaking a tie with former Bengal Carl Pickens

There is a vast improvement in redzone performance over last 2 seasons and it's been known that the Jets sought out Tom Moore, in part, to improve redzone efficiency. In fact, that was one of the reasons Plax was brought it.

Even with a much better running attack the past 2 yrs, the Jets weren't able to be a good running team in the redzone, hence their poor redzone performances in 2009 & 2010 (along with Sanchez' suckage). So I think there is a philosophical shift in order to approve the redzone success.

So it could be a "padding the numbers" situation, but it looks more like the Jets are trying to score more TDs in the redzone and that means having Sanchez throw more there.

There is a vast improvement in redzone performance over last 2 seasons and it's been known that the Jets sought out Tom Moore, in part, to improve redzone efficiency. In fact, that was one of the reasons Plax was brought it.

Even with a much better running attack the past 2 yrs, the Jets weren't able to be a good running team in the redzone, hence their poor redzone performances in 2009 & 2010 (along with Sanchez' suckage). So I think there is a philosophical shift in order to approve the redzone success.

So it could be a "padding the numbers" situation, but it looks more like the Jets are trying to score more TDs in the redzone and that means having Sanchez throw more there.

Amazing how Moore was brought in to fix a glaring problem and IT GOT FIXED. Whats the excuse for the rest of the Offense ? The hardest area on the field to move the ball is in the Redzone so you would think if we have improved there where things are tight we would theoreticly do better with a wide open field right ? Or did Moore just concentrate on the Redzone and not mess with the rest of our pathetic game plan.

and green has 2...

That's because Greene sucks.

Seriously. He peaked as a rookie with only half a season worth of carries. The Colts playoff game shows he's not reliable. He gets up slow after every freakin' carry. It's hard to be a downhill runner when you get more beatup than the secondary you're supposed to be plowing over.

Greene simply can't take the pounding of a primary ball carrier.

But you are bitching about something that Sanchez actually does WELL-score TDs in the red zone.

I could care less if they they summersaulted in the red zone to score-Let's not try and denigrate something that he is doing well, by simply saying the coaching staff is looking to "pad stats".

If it works don't bitch. Unless your agenda is greater than the overall good of the team.

hahahahahah... wtf are you talking about my agenda.. I'm simply stating the gimme TD's are masking overall poor play...

No, my point is that with Manning/Brady your best/safest option is probably the pass..

:slams head into wall:

and the answer to your question is yes and yes.. this is a top 3 offense and a SB team with a healthy manning, obv

If TD's were so easy in the red zone, why isn't everyone doing it? There are no gimme's in this league.

There is a lot to fault his play on, but this is not one of those areas

whose faulting him? Oh that's right, your a pennington fan .. nevermind.. i hate him, I have an agenda against him, if he was a real team player he'd throw picks in the end zone to force them to run it

:slams head into wall:

and the answer to your question is yes and yes.. this is a top 3 offense and a SB team with a healthy manning, obv

LOL you crack me up man. Manning would have been dead working behind this O-Line the first 5 games of the season. DEAD.

Plax running the wrong routes, Santonio giving up on routes, unable to run the football or protect the QB, but in comes Manning in his shining white armor to play every position on offense and all would change .

Amazing how Moore was brought in to fix a glaring problem and IT GOT FIXED. Whats the excuse for the rest of the Offense ? The hardest area on the field to move the ball is in the Redzone so you would think if we have improved there where things are tight we would theoreticly do better with a wide open field right ? Or did Moore just concentrate on the Redzone and not mess with the rest of our pathetic game plan.

tom moore's biggest contribution to this team has been all the missing ketchup packets in the mess hall

Rex said redzone efficiency was there #1 priority this offseason.

JIF you said the Histroy of the NFL :tongue: me thinks thats a bit different. I know Santonio has a good amount of TD's in that situation but I also knew it was not the most in history, that was the arguement .

Meh, history/30 years...whats the difference?

After every carry it looks as if Greene just scaled Mt Everest.

Every time he ran it. Its like he gets up saying...."ugh, my job is soooo hard. Do I really have to line up and do it again?"

Archived