Sanchez with 4 TD's; And the Jets win during a last minute drive!!

JetsFanFromQueens

Yeah I was always impressed by the incredible patience the fanbase had with Pennington. No time I was more proud to be a Jets fan than when they cheered when he went down. Class and grace is all we treated the guy with and he had the BAWLS to shove injury in our face.

Every fan base has their village idiots. Not everyone has to agree. That is one of the joys of fandoms. Just look at the diversity of opinions on this site-that is a good thing.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Could not care less whether you like/d the SD offense. That has nothing to do with anything.

2) what specifically do you like about the Saints offense thats so special and unique ignoring who the QB is? Please spare me BS about how their WRs are open and their RBs catch, therefore the offense is designed to have open WRs and designed to have pass catching RBs. Not only is that argument extraordinarily lazy, its also hack.

Dude are you nuts ? You made a particular reference to Shotty and thats how we found him.

What I like about the Saints offense is the way the incorporate their running backs into the passing game and get their QB in a rhythm early they also had years where they were top five in rushing the football. Its a well designed well stocked with talent offense and ours is a joke in both talent and design.

Dude are you nuts ? You made a particular reference to Shotty and thats how we found him.

What I like about the Saints offense is the way the incorporate their running backs into the passing game and get their QB in a rhythm early they also had years where they were top five in rushing the football. Its a well designed well stocked with talent offense and ours is a joke in both talent and design.

Their QB hit a bullseye from 20 yards away with greater accuracy than an archer... Payton must have brilliantly schemed to get him "in a rhythm" before he started throwing at that target.

Dude you mentioned grabbing someone from a top tier offense and bringing him in. That's EXACTLY what they did with Schittenheimer. No one cares whether you liked the SD offense, because again that has absolutely nothing to do with what was said or the facts of the situation.

I don't know what to say. I don't know why I expected an actual answer with depth and intelligence. This is my fault.

Yeah I was always impressed by the incredible patience the fanbase had with Pennington. No time I was more proud to be a Jets fan than when they cheered when he went down. Class and grace is all we treated the guy with and he had the BAWLS to shove injury in our face.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot you were one of the "woe is Chad" story fabricators. I won't even get into the truth of Clemens getting cheered as he ran on the field, as was repeated endlessly for an entire year at the time by pretty much every single person who was at the game, because of course that doesn't make Chadwick out to be a martyr. But by all means, some (but far from all) fans getting fed up with a QB in the 8th year of his NFL career and 6th year starting who had an endless list of failures highlighted by a complete inability to stay on the field or when he was, to perform against any slightly respective defense, is EXACTLY the same as a 3rd year player getting booed as he ran out onto the field.

Let me guess, Chad was a great tipper, right? He should have been considered how much money he got paid to waive a towel.

Well, to be fair, that happened in Chad's 6th year as the Jets starter and there is still debate whether the fans were chearing Clemens coming in or Chad getting hurt.

There's no question that the fans were booing Sanchez during introductions, which is funny. It's never a good thing when fans boo the home team before the game.

This most recently from the Snooze...

http://www.nydailyne...ksEnabled=false

Despite his inconsistent play this season,Sanchez’s work ethic has never wavered. No matter how much backlash he’s absorbed in the wake of Gang Green’s two consecutive losses, one thing is clear: His work habits remain the same.

“I’m exhausting my resources here,”Sanchez said of trying different methods of preparation to snap out of his recent funk. “I’m studying my butt off in the run game to try to get us in the right place because we haven’t been our best running the ball this year, but I don’t want it to be because of me. I’m trying to make sure we’re in the right play. When it comes to the passing game stuff, I’m just trying to be accurate and make the right read, make good decisions. When nothing is there, just tuck it and roll.

“I’m still searching for something, and if it’s something in preparation, then I’ll find it,” he added. “It’s just a couple game-time decisions that I’m just screwing up or making a poor throw.”

Not going to condone Sanchez's play. But lately, I am starting to gain some respect for Sanchez. He plays in the toughest media market. The pressure of the whole world is on him. His every move gets dissected. He gets booed during home games. Gets criticized in every which way. And yet when it matters he come through in a clutch!

What most people who criticize Sanchez do not realize there is still upside to him. On the other hand whats the upside of having Schotty for another year ?

He was a dirtbag, undermined any chance we or any young QB behind him had at success.... He's the devil

I will never understand the majority of this fan base. Granted, the guy sucks, I won't dispute this, but this is the same fan base who spent the better part of 6 years endlessly felating Chadwick no matter how much he sucked, and I would take Sanchez over that loser a million times over, and he's already getting more crap in 2 and 1/2 years than the noodle ever did (from the majority that is).

They're not booing Sanchez, per se. They're booing Sanchez because he's the de-facto face of the Jets' window closing.

Still, sucks for Sanchez.

I never said I liked the San Diego Offense I do however like the Saints offense and how they run it. Not sure who their assistents are though

You can't make this sh*t up. The Saints OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR, Pete Carmichael Jr. was a Schotty underling in San Diego.

The only QB I've ever seen that can look like Joe Montana on one drive then Nick Montana the next .

Nick or Hannah?

You can't make this sh*t up. The Saints OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR, Pete Carmichael Jr. was a Schotty underling in San Diego.

Dom Im sure hes running that offense in N.O. under Peyton's philosophy not any crap he learned from Shotty.

Also how was he an underling to a QB coach ? He was the QB coach right ?

I was not talking about the Jets hiring someone who was already an OC from another team I was talking about hiring an assistent, which is much different and much more doable. Im not sure who else is available and unemployed ATM . Its very rare you see an OC go to another team unless their contract runs out and the team does not want to extend them, they are unhappy, or they get fired and become available.

I would much rather have an assistent from a successful offensive system than have one of the above mentioned scenarios.

Dom Im sure hes running that offense in N.O. under Peyton's philosophy not any crap he learned from Shotty.

Also how was he an underling to a QB coach ? He was the QB coach right ?

I was not talking about the Jets hiring someone who was already an OC from another team I was talking about hiring an assistent, which is much different and much more doable. Im not sure who else is available and unemployed ATM . Its very rare you see an OC go to another team unless their contract runs out and the team does not want to extend them, they are unhappy, or they get fired and become available.

I would much rather have an assistent from a successful offensive system than have one of the above mentioned scenarios.

First of all, quality control and assistant WR coach are underlings to damn near everybody on the staff.

Second, you want to hire guys from successful staffs and that is what the Saints did. Denigrating the Chargers staff doesn't change that.

First of all, quality control and assistant WR coach are underlings to damn near everybody on the staff.

Second, you want to hire guys from successful staffs and that is what the Saints did. Denigrating the Chargers staff doesn't change that.

How would you know Dom ? Do you not think it possible Peyton had prior relationships with those coaches ? Most guys who get a head coahing gig bring in "Their Guys" they all do it, Parcells made a career doing it, so im not sure why your trying to make this point. Do you think Peyton scanned the league looking for an OC he didnt know when first taking over as Head Coach ?

I see your point that just because an Assistent is in a successfull offense that does nto make him a sure fire OC but thats why they have an interview process its not a bad place to start the process by interviewing people who have been involved with successful programs

How would you know Dom ? Do you not think it possible Peyton had prior relationships with those coaches ? Most guys who get a head coahing gig bring in "Their Guys" they all do it, Parcells made a career doing it, so im not sure why your trying to make this point. Do you think Peyton scanned the league looking for an OC he didnt know when first taking over as Head Coach ?

I see your point that just because an Assistent is in a successfull offense that does nto make him a sure fire OC but thats why they have an interview process its not a bad place to start the process by interviewing people who have been involved with successful programs

I'm not sure why any of what you are complaining about is relevant. Friends or not, the Jets and Saints did exactly what you wanted. They picked assistants from a successful offense and promoted them to OC. The same successful offense in this case.

Payton may be the brains behind that team, but Brees is the reason that it is all working so well. It's possible that Payton is that much smarter than the Jets guys, but it is also possible that Sanchez is that much worse and even more importantly that the Jets have been run by coaches that stake their reputation on the defense and require specific low risk, keep it close, eat the clock offense to make things work the way they want. That is the reason that the constant complaints about Sanchez supposedly suddenly "getting it" and looking "more comfortable" in the 2 minute or when the offense needs points drive me nuts. That complaint completely ignores the facts that EVERYBODY moves the ball better against the prevent and that doing so is risky and against the basic philosophy that the team and head coach espouse.

The Jets would certainly score more points with an opened up offense. Even with Sanchez. Hell they are scoring pretty well now, but they are NOT successful. The worst case is what happened in the 2nd Pats game last year, but even when things aren't disastrous they are not in the mold of the tough run oriented and defensive team that the Jets have been most successful over the last few years.

PS: I probably have dozens of grammatical errors in this post, so I'm not making any judgments, but for the record it's Sean PAYTON and PEYTON Manning. Hell, I think there are three mistakes in that sentence.

PPS: tl;dr

Glad you saw that cause I didnt realize the spelling. And dont worry my grammar is horrible so your in the clear with me :P .

Brees is a big part no doubt but its the concept of the offense that I like. I would love for the Jets to have that type of backfield and work more screens and draws into the offense and designed routes with the RB's as primary receivers but we dont and when you look at the saints and see that Drew Brees is completing passes at a 70 % rate it tells you hes throwing a lot of passes to his backs and that they are the catalyst for that offense. In Shootys offense with this backfield I guarantee Brees is closer to 60 % . Every time the Saints bring in a new RB he is always capable of catching the football or running it Ingram and Sproles are the perfect example. Not only are these guys good at designing an offense around but they are also a nice check down for Brees as well . Im not trying to take anything from Brees here just trying to show hes got it pretty good in N.O. as well as having talent.

Thomas, Ingram and Sproles are light years ahead of anything the Jets shlep onto the field when it comes to catching the football.

It was just you with the Peyton. You just happened to be who I'd already quoted.

The fact is, Ingram and Sproles are NOT guys to build you offense around. They are compliments. Same with draws and screens. Those plays only work when teams are playing the pass and scared of it. That hasn't been the case here and I don't blame Schottenheimer for that. You can't just decide to be screen heavy. It'll get eaten up. FWIW, Thomas was their main RB when they won and he's a worse receiver than Tomlinson or McKnight.

Of their 6 most productive backs/receivers, only Ingram was a high draft pick:

Sproles - 4th Rd pick; signed as a FA for less money than Brad Smith

P. Thomas - UDFA

Colston - 7th Rd pick

L. Moore - UDFA

Graham - 3rd Rd pick

Do you really think Mark Sanchez would be Pro Bowl bound with all of this "elite" talent?

would you please stop, this example is a joke, the players are what they are . I dont give a sh*t where players were drafted. The fact is every RB on the Saints is a dynamic player, Sproles was already proven to be a dynamic football player when the Saints picked him up. Thomas could be an every down back anywhere else but its not how they use him. The Jets attempt to help Sanchez was dumping his only deep threat, not doing anything worth a crap at the RB position or the O Line Signing players like Mason and a 34 year old Plax which was a huge gamble and your going to compare that hot mess with how the Saints have handled their personnel ?? Really ? Take a good look at how long Brees has been playing with those guys as well. Sanchez had one freakin WR return and thats Holmes and hes no Colston not by a long shot. His freakin numbers are more on pace with Lance Moores and Moore missed multiple games in the beginning of the season but when I mentioned him as a FA all the know it all Jets fans laughed how could Lance Moore possibly be better than Holmes, maybe because he does not drop passes and plays his a$$ off.

would you please stop, this example is a joke, the players are what they are . I dont give a sh*t where players were drafted.

You're right, New Orleans front office magically plucks all of these gems to surround Drew Brees to make him look like an All-Pro, while the Jets continue to put Sanchez in a position to fail by giving him a bunch of duds to work with.

I guess Santonio Holmes going from a 16+ YPC receiver and Super Bowl MVP down to a Lance Moore-like possession WR has everything to do with suddenly diminishing skill on his part (at age 27) and not a change in QB moving from Pitt to the Jets. If that's not the case, then I'll wait for your response that blames Schottenheimer and Tannenbaum.

You're right, New Orleans front office magically plucks all of these gems to surround Drew Brees to make him look like an All-Pro, while the Jets continue to put Sanchez in a position to fail by giving him a bunch of duds to work with.

I guess Santonio Holmes going from a 16+ YPC receiver and Super Bowl MVP down to a Lance Moore-like possession WR has everything to do with suddenly diminishing skill on his part (at age 27) and not a change in QB moving from Pitt to the Jets. If that's not the case, then I'll wait for your response that blames Schottenheimer and Tannenbaum.

LMFAO - its just like Rex says - its amazing what a HOF QB can do for your team

Archived