Sanchez with 4 TD's; And the Jets win during a last minute drive!!

JetsFanFromQueens

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plax running the wrong routes, Santonio giving up on routes, unable to run the football or protect the QB, but in comes Manning in his shining white armor to play every position on offense and all would change .

EXACTLY.. finally you get it!!

LOL you crack me up man. Manning would have been dead working behind this O-Line the first 5 games of the season. DEAD.

Plax running the wrong routes, Santonio giving up on routes, unable to run the football or protect the QB, but in comes Manning in his shining white armor to play every position on offense and all would change .

I'm confused by this...Manning never missed a game before this season. He doesnt have durability issues. Snchz is a china doll and he's alive. Why would Manning be different? He at least knows how to manipulate the pocket to make throws and avoid hits, instead of staring at the pressure, looking at the ground and trying to find someone where to run only to get crushed ala Snchz.

No intelligent human being is thinking "we need to bring in Peyton Manning's SYSTEM with him because THAT'S what makes Peyton Manning." Give him the ball, give him a couple seconds, and he'll find someone to catch the pass. I know we like to imagine every offensive playbook ( except ours..always) as something unique and special, but they're not. Everyone's copying everyone, and all those everyones are copying a select few historic coaches. No one has broken out anything ground breaking in a good 30 years. Manning would be here because he's a significant improvement at QB, not because he's a fn upgrade in system/playbook...That's so unbelievably lame/lazy. They'd finally have a QB who can run the whole playbook at any given time...

Not that I'm so into the Manning idea anymore. It makes sense, but eventually I think I'll come to like Sanchez.

Oh, I don't know.

I mean, just look at the success the Colts are having now, with their system and WRs.

I mean...even Sanchez's int-dumb throw obviously....but max protect, play action in the endzone, one guy running a deep post into quadruple coverage...what exactly is the point of that play.

If you want to bitch about play design. Thats the play. 1 receiver in route? 1? I mean really? lol. That throw was the stupidest thing I've ever seen but that was definitely a horrible play design.

Who sends 1 receiver in route on a deep post into the middle of the field basically playing out of your endzone? So dumb. That and the shovel pass on the last drive were so awful it hurt to watch.

If you want to bitch about play design. Thats the play. 1 receiver in route? 1? I mean really? lol. That throw was the stupidest thing I've ever seen but that was definitely a horrible play design.

Who sends 1 receiver in route on a deep post into the middle of the field basically playing out of your endzone? So dumb. That and the shovel pass on the last drive were so awful it hurt to watch.

Dont worry- we had Shonn Greene running a wheel down the sideline so its ok. Our worst pass catcher and least elusive offensive player. Stupid throw. Horrendous play design.

Like I've said before, Schitty & Sanchez are Dumb & Dumber. Neither is good enough to make the other look smart.

Oh, I don't know.

I mean, just look at the success the Colts are having now, with their system and WRs.

They are clearly better.. last year at least. They seem to have gotten a lot worse this year. Not sure why, but uhh, I suspect losing Moore is the cause

The AFCE has all been about Sanchez since he's come into the league. The Patriots would pull a Colts without Brady. The Jets supporting cast is better than the Pats, but the difference in QBing is exponential.

Sanchez plays well consistently over the season and the Jet run away with the division. If Sanchez wasn't such a cross between a trainwreck and drunk sex, it would be the Jets at 8-3, leading the division, and fighting for No. 1 seed rather than the Pats.

I clearly said I was too lazy to prove my premise, I happen to think they are padding his stats as the team has a lot invested in him. (high draft slot, no backup), anything to make him appear more successful works both to keep hounds at bay, and maybe his confidence up. To my eyes, I've never seen a team with a QB this bad almost never run it when down close...

You've got to admit this is a bit of a stretch. I'm not even defending Sanchez and I'm sure as hell not defending Schitty, because frankly neither one deserves it even a little bit, but when you consider the Jets mostly awful running game combined with the significantly improved red zone efficiency, it's really grasping at straws to try to invalidate what has been done in that regard this season as "stat padding".

I still don't get this recent trend where everyone around here seems to think that they need to prove that a player or coach is the worst in the league at absolutely every single thing they do and be solely responsible for the entire team's failures in order to suck. Chad didn't do absolutely everything wrong, and he wasn't the only problem with those teams, yet he still most certainly sucked, and the same holds true for Sanchez, and plenty of other current Jets, players and coaches alike.

The dumb on this offense goes beyond anything we can figure out without knowing who the Primary Rec is, what the progressions are, and what the actual routes are. The only reason I give Sanchez the benifit of the doubt is because they say he puts in a ton of work studying the offense. No matter who is at fault (and this may vary from bad play to bad play) it seems to happen a lot at which point you need to start looking at the coaches to fix problems and they seem to be adding to the mess with play calls like this rather than fixing the slop we see. Weather or not we are right about a given play is really irrelevant its the overall picture that sucks and is not getting fixed.

The dumb on this offense goes beyond anything we can figure out without knowing who the Primary Rec is, what the progressions are, and what the actual routes are. The only reason I give Sanchez the benifit of the doubt is because they say he puts in a ton of work studying the offense. No matter who is at fault (and this may vary from bad play to bad play) it seems to happen a lot at which point you need to start looking at the coaches to fix problems and they seem to be adding to the mess with play calls like this rather than fixing the slop we see. Weather or not we are right about a given play is really irrelevant its the overall picture that sucks and is not getting fixed.

I could be wrong here- but I never got the sense from Sanchez himself that he was a huge fan of the game/football junkie. Whenever he's asked if he watched any other games over his bye/Monday night game etc...he always says he never watches other games, only film of the upcoming opponent.

You've got to admit this is a bit of a stretch. I'm not even defending Sanchez and I'm sure as hell not defending Schitty, because frankly neither one deserves it even a little bit, but when you consider the Jets mostly awful running game combined with the significantly improved red zone efficiency, it's really grasping at straws to try to invalidate what has been done in that regard this season as "stat padding".

I still don't get this recent trend where everyone around here seems to think that they need to prove that a player or coach is the worst in the league at absolutely every single thing they do and be solely responsible for the entire team's failures in order to suck. Chad didn't do absolutely everything wrong, and he wasn't the only problem with those teams, yet he still most certainly sucked, and the same holds true for Sanchez, and plenty of other current Jets, players and coaches alike.

Except for Eric Smith.

He's the worst in the league at absolutely every thing he does. The guy can't even run without falling down! WTF is that?

I've been saying the same exact thing. Since when does the problem have to be one or the other? Why is it so hard to grasp that both Sanchez and Schitty are the problem? Of course if we had Peyton Manning in his prime our offense would be immensely better even in the same system. Of course Sanchez greatly handicaps what plays can be called.

But that doesn't change the fact that Schotty makes some ridiculously head-scratching play-calls. That doesn't change the fact that over his tenure all of our QBs have been turnover prone and the offenses have all ranked at the bottom half of the league year in and year out. Doesn't change the fact that some play designs are just idiotic. Schotty is capable of calling good games, but he's grossly inconsistent and can be slow to make adjustments. Yes, fans are using Schotty as a scapegoat for the problems, but that doesn't mean he isn't a contributing force in the problems of our offense. I just don't understand CTM's feeling that the OC has absolutely no contribution to an offense's problems and that's it's all QB driven.

Just because you see a complete troll at the bar doesn't mean her slightly less ugly friend is suddenly hot.

Except for Eric Smith.

He's the worst in the league at absolutely every thing he does. The guy can't even run without falling down! WTF is that?

LMFAO... holy sh*t, right after posting that I actually clicked on "Edit Post" to go back and add a P.S. saying the exception to the rule was Eric Smith, but actually stopped myself. That's just fantastic.

I just don't understand CTM's feeling that the OC has absolutely no contribution to an offense's problems and that's it's all QB driven.

Just because you see a complete troll at the bar doesn't mean her slightly less ugly friend is suddenly hot.

the last difference maker at OC was named walsh... maybe Kubiak is the real deal, but most of them live and die by the QB...

I really can't believe there's anyone who thinks this isn't a top 5 offense with Manning here. Or that a top 5 offense would protect our defense better. It's like you guys don't pay attention at all. Have you seen the colts this year? I mean why the falloff? Do you really think it's not cause they lost Manning? This should be the last year anyone makes a QB's are overrated arguement, at least wait till 6 months have passed before pretending there's not glaring evidence of exactly what I'm talking about just west of us

This is what I always find so funny about the Schotty argument. It's not that every single play call he makes is the worst ever and that an offense can never have any success whatsoever with him as the OC. Granted that's what all of his apologists argue against, despite the fact that's never been the point. It's more that hardly a game goes by without a couple of unbelievably idiotic play calls sprinkled in, and while some try to excuse it because it's not every play, or even the majority of them, all it takes is one really bad play to completely kill a drive and change an entire game, and it's been way too common of a trend over a 6 year period to dismiss as an abberation.

There's enough issues already with getting all of your players to execute properly and really get the job done, and it's simply not going to happen on every play no matter how much you want it to. So the last thing you need to do is have instances, even if it's only a few times a game, where things are pretty much already doomed before the huddle is broken. Fair or not, the players have the much more difficult job and that means the coaches don't have the luxury of ******* things up and making things even harder on them with even a slight bit of regularity.

I've been saying the same exact thing. Since when does the problem have to be one or the other? Why is it so hard to grasp that both Sanchez and Schitty are the problem? Of course if we had Peyton Manning in his prime our offense would be immensely better even in the same system. Of course Sanchez greatly handicaps what plays can be called.

But that doesn't change the fact that Schotty makes some ridiculously head-scratching play-calls. That doesn't change the fact that over his tenure all of our QBs have been turnover prone and the offenses have all ranked at the bottom half of the league year in and year out. Doesn't change the fact that some play designs are just idiotic. Schotty is capable of calling good games, but he's grossly inconsistent and can be slow to make adjustments. Yes, fans are using Schotty as a scapegoat for the problems, but that doesn't mean he isn't a contributing force in the problems of our offense. I just don't understand CTM's feeling that the OC has absolutely no contribution to an offense's problems and that's it's all QB driven.

Well said, and I completely agree. I don't think there's any question that the Jets offense would see a bigger difference in going from Sanchez to a healthy Manning, Aaron Rodgers or any other such top-notch QB talent than making a change at OC. That doesn't mean doing the latter wouldn't also provide an upgrade while also being a hell of a lot easier to pull off. It's not like Chad sucking ever meant Herm was a good coach, and the team is a lot better off with neither of them around.

Well said, and I completely agree. I don't think there's any question that the Jets offense would see a bigger difference in going from Sanchez to a healthy Manning, Aaron Rodgers or any other such top-notch QB talent than making a change at OC. That doesn't mean doing the latter wouldn't also provide an upgrade while also being a hell of a lot easier to pull off. It's not like Chad sucking ever meant Herm was a good coach, and the team is a lot better off with neither of them around.

However, the point as I see it, is that the upgrade a new offensive coordinator might provide is not substantial enough to matter, so long as Sanchez is the QB.

In other words, I think we can win with Schotty + Decent QB as opposed to Better OC + Sanchez.

However, the point as I see it, is that the upgrade a new offensive coordinator might provide is not substantial enough to matter, so long as Sanchez is the QB.

In other words, I think we can win with Schotty + Decent QB as opposed to Better OC + Sanchez.

I'd happily see both go at this point, with Sanchez going first preferably. But no way that happens imo. The Jets stuck with Chad way past his expiration date, and they didn't even have nearly as much invested in him. I'm afraid Rex and Sanchez are linked at the hip, but there's always hope I guess.

I'd happily see both go at this point, with Sanchez going first preferably. But no way that happens imo. The Jets stuck with Chad way past his expiration date, and they didn't even have nearly as much invested in him. I'm afraid Rex and Sanchez are linked at the hip, but there's always hope I guess.

Won't happen. The team has too much invested in him, and the options outside represent no guarantees either.

The Jets improve Sanchez and the offense by upgrading the O-line and the RB position. It is what this qb is comfortable with, it is what this coaching staff is comfortable with.

Both is fine. My point is that I really don't see what a new OC is going to do for us. He's not the reason Sanchez is the player he is. Much as many would like to believe it to be the case.

Won't happen. The team has too much invested in him, and the options outside represent no guarantees either.

The Jets improve Sanchez and the offense by upgrading the O-line and the RB position. It is what this qb is comfortable with, it is what this coaching staff is comfortable with.

Sanchez only has 2 years left after this one. Could you really see them resigning him to a big deal based on the current level of play. Obviously he'll play next year, but they're going to need to bring in some real competition for him.

While I agree with that premise, I don't think the idea that an upgrade at QB is more significant than an upgrade at OC (which I think is a universal truth) gives even the slightest bit of credence to an argument that the latter shouldn't be done. That's particularly true when considering how much easier of a task it is to replace the OC with a viable alternative who has the potential to be an immediate upgrade. I think I've made it pretty clear that I absolutely think that the Jets need to, at the very least, find another option to start developing as a QB of the future and/or to compete for the starting job, but assuming the likely scenario of there being no immediate starting caliber players available, the Jets probably aren't looking at any sudden upgrades at the position. Until then, they need to do everything else they can to work with what they've got. Just because the QB sucks, doesn't mean everybody else also gets to suck.

While I agree with that premise, I don't think the idea that an upgrade at QB is more significant than an upgrade at OC (which I think is a universal truth) gives even the slightest bit of credence to an argument that the latter shouldn't be done. That's particularly true when considering how much easier of a task it is to replace the OC with a viable alternative who has the potential to be an immediate upgrade. I think I've made it pretty clear that I absolutely think that the Jets need to, at the very least, find another option to start developing as a QB of the future and/or to compete for the starting job, but assuming the likely scenario of there being no immediate starting caliber players available, the Jets probably aren't looking at any sudden upgrades at the position. Until then, they need to do everything else they can to work with what they've got. Just because the QB sucks, doesn't mean everybody else also gets to suck.

Point being, kill Schotty. Fine, whatever. But, when very little changes, what then?

There's really only one change that will make a significant difference in this offense.

so..factoring in bringing in a new QB....carry the 1... Go 2015 JETS!

Teams have windows. I think we had a nice 3 year shot, 08, 09, 10 in which we couldn't get it done.

Now are defense is declining and the offense is a mess. Barring a Manning type trade, 2015 Jets may be a reasonable assertion.

Amazing how Moore was brought in to fix a glaring problem and IT GOT FIXED. Whats the excuse for the rest of the Offense ? The hardest area on the field to move the ball is in the Redzone so you would think if we have improved there where things are tight we would theoreticly do better with a wide open field right ? Or did Moore just concentrate on the Redzone and not mess with the rest of our pathetic game plan.

Common sense says Moore and Sanchez focused only in the areas we improved. Duh.

Sanchez only has 2 years left after this one. Could you really see them resigning him to a big deal based on the current level of play. Obviously he'll play next year, but they're going to need to bring in some real competition for him.

It is impossible to guess what the Jets or Sanchez will look like in 2 years.

Unfortunately, I think this is true. Snchz and Rex are tied at the hip. I know Rex gives a lot of lip service, but I think he's entirely telling the truth when he says Snchz will be there as long as Rex is the HC.

Get the kid protection, get the kid a game changing RB, and a TE who can play all the 3 downs - I think this offense, Snchz and Schotty would be looked at in a different light. Problem is, there are a lot of examples of where this would be the case and its easier said than done. And hell, there are even teams that have it and cant get it done (the Ravens are the first team that comes to mind).

The inconvenient truth to all this is...if your QB is not named, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning or Big Rape - it really doesnt matter until your QB can be mentioned in the same sentence. OC be damned.

Archived