Sanchez with 4 TD's; And the Jets win during a last minute drive!!

JetsFanFromQueens

Point being, kill Schotty. Fine, whatever. But, when very little changes, what then?

There's really only one change that will make a significant difference in this offense.

Seriously? That's what you got out of that?

I've honestly never seen a group of people so completely blinded by their hatred for one individual, and an obsessive need to blame him for everything. As much as I hated Chad, I never thought he was the only problem with this team, even if I did think he was the biggest one (and the same holds true for a number of the Jets' current born-losers, from Sanchez to Schitty to Smith). It's like you guys have turned into the evil twins of the Penningtologists.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This offense would love a starting caliber, multipurpose back. As good as Greene can look, I still have only slightly more trust in his durability than I do 2011 Sanchez.

Without a doubt. A legit security blanket, other than a 32 year old Tomlinson that can play downs 1-3, would help the Jets big time.

Seriously? That's what you got out of that?

I've honestly never seen a group of people so completely blinded by their hatred for one individual, and an obsessive need to blame him for everything. As much as I hated Chad, I never thought he was the only problem with this team, even if I did think he was the biggest one (and the same holds true for a number of the Jets' current born-losers, from Sanchez to Schitty to Smith). It's like you guys have turned into the evil twins of the Penningtologists.

I just don't think we're going to get this "immediate upgrade" with a new OC that you proclaim. I think the returns will be nominal.

Good QB's win Super Bowls. Mediocre ones can occasionally get into the conversation if everything clicks right. Bad QBs fall apart under pressure. The league is really as simple as that.

Unfortunately, I think this is true. Snchz and Rex are tied at the hip. I know Rex gives a lot of lip service, but I think he's entirely telling the truth when he says Snchz will be there as long as Rex is the HC.

Get the kid protection, get the kid a game changing RB, and a TE who can play all the 3 downs - I think this offense, Snchz and Schotty would be looked at in a different light. Problem is, there are a lot of examples of where this would be the case and its easier said than done. And hell, there are even teams that have it and cant get it done (the Ravens are the first team that comes to mind).

The inconvenient truth to all this is...if your QB is not named, Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Manning or Big Rape - it really doesnt matter until your QB can be mentioned in the same sentence. OC be damned.

Agreed, but when your QB can't be mentioned in that same sentence, as most QBs in the NFL can't, it puts that much more emphasis on the people around him, players and coaches alike. The Jets absolutely need to continue to try to get their QB position to be filled with one of the league's best, but that's far easier said than done, and until then it would take a complete moron to think the team should just sit there and pout about it while excusing the poor performance of anyone else associated with the offense (or defense for that matter). Or maybe it would be better if they sat around waiting until they finally do find that QB (if ever), to figure out what else is wrong with this team and then take a few more years to try to take care of all of that. Sure the QB is the most important piece of the puzzle, but that alone doesn't solve everything, just take a look at the majority of Peyton Manning's career or post-2004 Brady's.

I just don't think we're going to get this "immediate upgrade" with a new OC that you proclaim. I think the returns will be nominal.

Good QB's win Super Bowls. Mediocre ones can occasionally get into the conversation if everything clicks right. Bad QBs fall apart under pressure. The league is really as simple as that.

At this point, I just want to see Schotty gone after this to remove him as an excuse for Sanchez's performance.

Then, all we need to add is an All-Pro RB, a Pro Bowl TE who is a mix of Kyle Brady and Dallas Clark, and an offensive line that consistently gives the QB 5+ seconds to throw in order to get a proper evaluation on Sanchez.

At this point, I just want to see Schotty gone after this to remove him as an excuse for Sanchez's performance.

Then, all we need to add is an All-Pro RB, a Pro Bowl TE who is a mix of Kyle Brady and Dallas Clark, and an offensive line that consistently gives the QB 5+ seconds to throw in order to get a proper evaluation on Sanchez.

Agreed on all counts.

So pretty much every player and coach associated with the team is given a free pass until the Jets are sporting the league's best QB, is that it? In reality, you're just proving my point here. Not once in this thread have I made the argument that Sanchez isn't a problem, and that he doesn't need to replaced. Yet nobody can seem to give a single logical explanation as to why that suddenly negates the importance of everyone else associated with the team, when in reality it puts that much more emphasis on them. Sure, you can keep repeating the importance of the QB all you want, but I'm still trying to figure out who the hell you're arguing that point with, because I've said the same myself on a countless number of occasions. It's just too bad the Jets can't say "oh, we're going to get a top flight QB now" and have that player magically appear out of thin air. So while the Jets continue to look for that player maybe, just maybe, they should make an attempt to actually improve other areas of the team too, instead of just using it as an excuse for the failures of everyone else.

Or, the Jets trade for Peyton manning and add pixie dust. Aka, the Leon Hess special.

Either some of you have some serious issues with reading comprehension or I absolutely nailed it with the evil twins of Penningtologists evaluation. Frankly, I have no idea what the hell you're going on about. The idea that ANYONE on the entire Jets payroll not named Sanchez is anything but perfect at their job sets off such a firestorm of intense Sanchez-hatred it's almost comical.

I didn't think this thread actually existed lol. Sanchez had two wide open WR's as blown coverages so they were lollipop passes for TD's, go back and watch it. The other two TD drives were Shaun Greene and two amazing catches by our WR's which would have been picks. He could have easily had 4 or 5 picks that game. Some of you are delusional. I loved Sanchez in year 1, but since then he STILL holds the ball like a loaf of bread and he STILL can't read a defense. If you can't see this, then watch the game sober sometime.

However, the point as I see it, is that the upgrade a new offensive coordinator might provide is not substantial enough to matter, so long as Sanchez is the QB.

In other words, I think we can win with Schotty + Decent QB as opposed to Better OC + Sanchez.

But I disagree to the extent that being an OC is not merely playcalling and play design, it's "coaching", that is, teaching. We hear it every broadcast with former NFL QBs in the broadcast booth talking about Sanchez and mechanical mistakes. Heck, we even had Mayock pointing out mechanical mistakes, such as waiting to long to throw it to Keller on the screen. Gannon was the latest example with him making specific comments on Sanchez' technique.

Gannon even said that he went to a Jets practice and saw that Sanchez was behind on throws and it was likely because Sanchez had "late eyes" which means he was late locating where he wanted to throw. Why in the **** isn't Cavanaugh addressing that?

That is just one example. We'll probably hear some more this weekend. So, yes, a decent, veteran QB may be able to overcome Schitty's suspect playcalls (Shovel pass anyone?) or play design (Plax & Holmes running within yds of each other), but with a young QB not getting any coaching, it's going to be tough.

It's certainly a more realistic scenario (assuming pixie dust is easier to find than the pieces I laid out) with a greater chance of success, even if Manning has to play while wearing a cervical halo.

There won't be any ammunition left for pixie dust. If Carson Palmer can garner 2 top round draft choices, imagine what Irsay will want for Manning?

Things I did not expect to read when I woke up this morning:

hereby apologize to Sperm and any other jet fan i offended

1) Give the Skippy a clippy, sanchez is not a Stud, he is a JAG at best. Those blaming Schott are clueless. Bill Walsh couldnt help this mental midget, It is painful to watch him attempt a throw. for every good throw there are 15 awful throws. he cant read a defense, cant read the protection schemes. Jets will never win a SB with him. Cut bait

2)The Defense has regressed over the last 2 yrs, it seems the league has caught up with rexey. pettine is garbage, for all the schott vitriole laced at him, pettine has been gettin a free ride.

3) Tanny blows, it is time to bring in a football guy, the accountant/cap man cannot evaluate talent. The team has no chemistry and no depth. trading up for Gholston and sanchez has set this team back bigtime. This was the year to take over East, the pats have the worst defense i have ever seen and u cant figure Belliehole will phuck up another draft. he will draft defense 100%. The Door has closed. Woody pick up the effing phone and hire a football guy. Mike Mayock man.. make him an offer now. It is clear to me during this FA period, going after assomugha, and not Jon Joseph and fixing OL depth. Tanny is firing blanks on all accounts.

4) I said this 6 weeks ago, Jets need to go after Peyton (if healthy). offer irsay revis and a #1. Skins draftpiks are more valuable. The last time a shutdown CB won a SB was neon deon. U need a Stud QB to win SB. trade Mex to sea for a 2nd rd. Not even sure Caroll would want him. manning makes the defense that much better, keeps them off the field. Dont need a revis for him to win. Revis will hold out soon for his last contract anyway. Cant afford both him and PM/

Done C ya in 2 years

You don't owe me or anyone an apology for wanting to believe that a QB we drafted in the top 5 was better than he was.

Either some of you have some serious issues with reading comprehension or I absolutely nailed it with the evil twins of Penningtologists evaluation. Frankly, I have no idea what the hell you're going on about. The idea that ANYONE on the entire Jets payroll not named Sanchez is anything but perfect at their job sets off such a firestorm of intense Sanchez-hatred it's almost comical.

I've seen plenty of posts (not necessarily from you) railing on about how Sanchez can't be expected to perform with a clueless OC, a horrific offensive line, a stiff like Greene in the backfield, a part-time pass-catching TE that can't block, a blocking TE that can't block, etc.

I understand that people want to believe that the Jets have a chance of competing for a Super Bowl over the next 3-4 years, so they hold onto some misguided notion that by "fixing" the complementary pieces, Sanchez will suddenly develop into a less-than-sh*tty NFL QB. I simply do not share this same optimistic viewpoint.

So pretty much every player and coach associated with the team is given a free pass until the Jets are sporting the league's best QB, is that it? In reality, you're just proving my point here. Not once in this thread have I made the argument that Sanchez isn't a problem, and that he doesn't need to replaced. Yet nobody can seem to give a single logical explanation as to why that suddenly negates the importance of everyone else associated with the team, when in reality it puts that much more emphasis on them. Sure, you can keep repeating the importance of the QB all you want, but I'm still trying to figure out who the hell you're arguing that point with, because I've said the same myself on a countless number of occasions. It's just too bad the Jets can't say "oh, we're going to get a top flight QB now" and have that player magically appear out of thin air. So while the Jets continue to look for that player maybe, just maybe, they should make an attempt to actually improve other areas of the team too, instead of just using it as an excuse for the failures of everyone else.

The team could improve, no one's arguing that. Nor is anyone arguing to save Schotty's job, save for maybe Gato.

But, many believe, the team as currently constituted, with a good QB, could be a force, whereas, with a new OC, would be roughly where they are right now. Point being, until Sanchez is gone or significantly better, these improvements are just washing dishes on the Titanic. We've seen what he's done with an elite running game, offensive line, and defense. Unless Schotty is actually the lionshare of the blame, I don't see us getting good enough to matter without an upgrade at QB. Building around a bad QB is just wasting time.

If we get a noob in and he's half decent, we'll get the obligatory bump while defenses figure out tendencies..

But I disagree to the extent that being an OC is not merely playcalling and play design, it's "coaching", that is, teaching. We hear it every broadcast with former NFL QBs in the broadcast booth talking about Sanchez and mechanical mistakes. Heck, we even had Mayock pointing out mechanical mistakes, such as waiting to long to throw it to Keller on the screen. Gannon was the latest example with him making specific comments on Sanchez' technique.

Gannon even said that he went to a Jets practice and saw that Sanchez was behind on throws and it was likely because Sanchez had "late eyes" which means he was late locating where he wanted to throw. Why in the **** isn't Cavanaugh addressing that?

That is just one example. We'll probably hear some more this weekend. So, yes, a decent, veteran QB may be able to overcome Schitty's suspect playcalls (Shovel pass anyone?) or play design (Plax & Holmes running within yds of each other), but with a young QB not getting any coaching, it's going to be tough.

I agree about all of these problems. I'm just hesitant to agree to the notion that Schotty and Cavanaugh are so stupid and clueless that they haven't and aren't trying to work on them.

I struggle with the notion that Rich Gannon's 1 day at practice is a fair measure of what's gone on both at practice and in meetings over the past three years.

Basically, I struggle to believe that our offensive coaches are THAT bad. They may not be good. They may be below average, but the things that are being pointed out, as knocks against them, are simple things that anyone with a marginal understanding of football knowledge can see. Having said that, we need to remember that even the worst football coaches in the NFL have 10X the football acumen than any of us have, and if we are aware of a problem, it's pretty likely they are too. Schotty is not brain dead or clueless, he's just not very good. There's a big difference.

I've seen plenty of posts (not necessarily from you) railing on about how Sanchez can't be expected to perform with a clueless OC, a horrific offensive line, a stiff like Greene in the backfield, a part-time pass-catching TE that can't block, a blocking TE that can't block, etc.

I understand that people want to believe that the Jets have a chance of competing for a Super Bowl over the next 3-4 years, so they hold onto some misguided notion that by "fixing" the complementary pieces, Sanchez will suddenly develop into a less-than-sh*tty NFL QB. I simply do not share this same optimistic viewpoint.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you in that regard, even if I do try to hold onto a shred of hope that Sanchez will one day pull his head out of his a$$ (although that shred becomes smaller by the day). However my point simply is, while Sanchez is no doubt a major problem with this team, it doesn't suddenly excuse away all other issues with this team, of which there are many. None of those things are the reason Sanchez sucks, Sanchez is the reason Sanchez sucks. But on the flip side, Sanchez isn't the reason they suck either, and his sucktitude shouldn't give the rest of this team a free pass. While perhaps this wasn't your point, my response was considering your post was in agreement with EY's response to me, and it seems as though many around here lately have taken to the opposite extreme of those Sanchez-apologists, by essentially becoming apologists for everyone else on the team.

My only point is that everyone needs to be held accountable for their own performance, from Sanchez on down, and it just so happens that a hell of a lot of those people are far easier to replace than a QB, even if their replacement admittedly wouldn't have quite the same impact. An upgrade at QB would no doubt have the most significant impact, but it's also the least likely one to occur at any point in the immediate future, barring a trade for a healthy Manning or lucking into an immediate-impact rookie QB. So given that, it sure as hell makes sense to at least do everything else possible to upgrade this team in the meantime, even if you know that an answer at QB will certainly be needed at some point. It would be great if the Jets could upgrade their QB today, but since they can't I'm not sure what standing arounding saying the failures of everyone else are ok because the QB sucks accomplishes. And frankly, if the Jets do find themselves a legit top-notch QB prospect in the near future, I'd feel much better about it if he wasn't surrounded by some of the 'tards currently involved with this team, regardless of if they are blameless for Sanchez's failures.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you in that regard, even if I do try to hold onto a shred of hope that Sanchez will one day pull his head out of his a$$ (although that shred becomes smaller by the day). However my point simply is, while Sanchez is no doubt a major problem with this team, it doesn't suddenly excuse away all other issues with this team, of which there are many. None of those things are the reason Sanchez sucks, Sanchez is the reason Sanchez sucks. But on the flip side, Sanchez isn't the reason they suck either, and his sucktitude shouldn't give the rest of this team a free pass. While perhaps this wasn't your point, my response was considering your post was in agreement with EY's response to me, and it seems as though many around here lately have taken to the opposite extreme of those Sanchez-apologists, by essentially becoming apologists for everyone else on the team. My only point is that everyone needs to be held accountable for their own performance, from Sanchez on down, and it just so happens that a hell of a lot of those people are far easier to replace than a QB, even if their replacement admittedly wouldn't have quite the same impact. An upgrade at QB would no doubt have the most significant impact, but it's also the least likely one to occur at any point in the immediate future, barring a trade for a healthy Manning or lucking into an immediate-impact rookie QB. So given that, it sure as hell makes sense to at least do everything else possible to upgrade this team in the meantime, even if you know that an answer at QB will certainly be needed at some point. It would be great if the Jets could upgrade their QB today, but since they can't I'm not sure what standing arounding saying the failures of everyone else are ok because the QB sucks accomplishes. And frankly, if the Jets do find themselves a legit top-notch QB prospect in the near future, I'd feel much better about it if he wasn't surrounded by some of the 'tards currently involved with this team, regardless of if they are blameless for Sanchez's failures.

shermTLDR.jpg

The team could improve, no one's arguing that. Nor is anyone arguing to save Schotty's job, save for maybe Gato.

But, many believe, the team as currently constituted, with a good QB, could be a force, whereas, with a new OC, would be roughly where they are right now. Point being, until Sanchez is gone or significantly better, these improvements are just washing dishes on the Titanic. We've seen what he's done with an elite running game, offensive line, and defense. Unless Schotty is actually the lionshare of the blame, I don't see us getting good enough to matter without an upgrade at QB. Building around a bad QB is just wasting time.

I don't disagree with the future prospects of the team without upgrading QB, I just think this idea that the Jets should sit on their hands otherwise and continue on with proven failures in the meantime is beyond absurd. Like it or not, even if the Jets are already completely finished with Sanchez, the chances of them finding anything more than a mediocre replacement option for the immediate future are slim at best. While they continue to work towards finding that future QB, they also need to continue to work to improve the rest of the team. If not, by the time you find that QB in question, he'll be surrounded by a team of complete garbage. Assuming the lack of supporting cast doesn't have a negative impact on that next QB's future progress and he becomes the best in the league, that doesn't mean he won't need support to win.

For how many years did we have to watch Peyton Manning dominate the regular season as the league's best QB and consistently fail in the playoffs, thanks at least in part to a complete sieve of defense, a mediocre running game and an average-at-best OL who he often made look great, but got him killed against top defenses. It's no different than after winning 3 rings in 4 years, Brady's improvement as a QB was met with a run of Patriots' post-season failures. Both guys were instrumental parts when their teams did win Super Bowls, and their teams certainly wouldn't have won with a crappy QB, but they also have shown that they aren't winning anything with those QBs and little else to help them out.

i still can't believe there are people in this world who don't think we'd be the best team in the afc (by far) with Manning.. it's shocking, really

For me, that has more to do with my lack of faith in the future of Peyton Manning than anything else. There's a very real chance that his NFL career could very well be over, or if not, never close to being the same.

I agree about all of these problems. I'm just hesitant to agree to the notion that Schotty and Cavanaugh are so stupid and clueless that they haven't and aren't trying to work on them.

I struggle with the notion that Rich Gannon's 1 day at practice is a fair measure of what's gone on both at practice and in meetings over the past three years.

Basically, I struggle to believe that our offensive coaches are THAT bad. They may not be good. They may be below average, but the things that are being pointed out, as knocks against them, are simple things that anyone with a marginal understanding of football knowledge can see. Having said that, we need to remember that even the worst football coaches in the NFL have 10X the football acumen than any of us have, and if we are aware of a problem, it's pretty likely they are too. Schotty is not brain dead or clueless, he's just not very good. There's a big difference.

I can believe Schitty and Cavanaugh are that clueless. Incompetence comes in many different forms. Coaches get fired all the time and many look clueless. Jim Zorn anyone?

Also, I'm going off what the professionals say, not what I think. If the professionals weren't making these consistent and persistent comments, then it would be hard to rely solely on my fan's opinion.

i still can't believe there are people in this world who don't think we'd be the best team in the afc (by far) with Manning.. it's shocking, really

With a healthy Manning, I believe they would ... so long as Schitty is gone. :D

I don't disagree with the future prospects of the team without upgrading QB, I just think this idea that the Jets should sit on their hands otherwise and continue on with proven failures in the meantime is beyond absurd.

Those making that point are?

I can believe Schitty and Cavanaugh are that clueless. Incompetence comes in many different forms. Coaches get fired all the time and many look clueless. Jim Zorn anyone?

Also, I'm going off what the professionals say, not what I think. If the professionals weren't making these consistent and persistent comments, then it would be hard to rely solely on my fan's opinion.

What points are "the professionals" making?

No professionals are saying Schotty is horrible and incompetent.

The point I'm making is not that a guy looks clueless, as that's an opinion, but that coaches are made by players more often than the other way around. Things as simple as the way Sanchez holds the football that causes him to fumble... Do you really think none of the offensive coaches have pointed this out and tried to work with him on it? Maybe he's just not getting it when he has a split second to think.

For me, that has more to do with my lack of faith in the future of Peyton Manning than anything else. There's a very real chance that his NFL career could very well be over, or if not, never close to being the same.

Granted, but dierking and smash are saying he'd be injured and or ineffective cause our rb, wr, oline and defense sucks.. irregardless of health

Upgrading at QB is the toughest roster move in sports. Building around a bad QB is practically spinning your tires in the mud, but its you're only option as of now. Unless you thought Kyle Orton was the answer. The problem is- many of the pieces they've put around Sanchez on offense stink just as much as he does. The line sucks, Greene is a joke, Holmes isn't the physical specimen you'd expect a #1 to be, Plax is old, Keller put on weight this offseason and still cant block etc, etc...and he's the only guy Sanchez has had any consistent rapport with.

The Jets took a chance less than 3 years ago because they thought Sanchez was the guy. I can't fault them for that, at some point they needed to draft a QB. Freeman looks to be pretty crappy himself.

Even with the public support he gets from the organization, I doubt everyone within is confident in Sanchez being the franchise QB and are probably evaluating ways to improve the position.

Granted, but dierking and smash are saying he'd be injured and or ineffective cause our rb, wr, oline and defense sucks.. irregardless of health

It'd certainly be nice to upgrade some of those positions, but there's no doubt healthy Manning + this same exact team >>>>>>>(^n) this same exact team. I guess my point more than anything is I have little faith in the idea that the Jets are close to having a QB under center with the ability to lead the Jets to promised land, even if they manage to get somebody on the roster as soon as this offseason who has the potential to be exactly that in the future. So in the meantime, there's a whole heap of other crap for them to deal with while they get that worked out, because barring the acqusition of a healthy Manning, it's going to take a while.

Archived