Sanchez with 4 TD's; And the Jets win during a last minute drive!!

JetsFanFromQueens

If the Jets end up with the 18th pick and RGIII is there, do you take him?

Man, I really hate those Big 12 QB's. Seriously. They play zero defense in that conference and every year someone lights it up and every year they suck in college if they even make it. No. I dont take RGIII. Dont think he pans out as an NFL QB. Just like the rest of them.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dom I was talking from a physical standpoint. I see what your saying and if most of his issues are mental that can be fixed in a lot of ways ...if your simply not physically gifted enough to carry out the offense then it becomes another Issue and you either design an offense that a QB can excell in or you simply get rid of the QB

..and if the QB is not smart or doesn't have enough vision and feel for coverages you fire the offensive coordinator?

..and if the QB is not smart or doesn't have enough vision and feel for coverages you fire the offensive coordinator?

I cant get into weather or not Sanchez is a smart football player or not. But I have seen smart OC's perform very well with QB's that have struggled in the past. You know Im not a Shotty fan and it goes back before Sanchez got here so in that respect you know Im going to blame Shotty no matter what. I feel we need a change, and if we bring in a new guy and continue to see the same crap from Sanchez I would be glad to say we need a change at QB im just not ready to dump Sanchez after 2 years and 11 games. Problem is I can see the Jets doing something really stupid like promoting Cavanaugh to OC, I really can.

I realize the debate has moved on but I need to ask SMC....how is throwing a screen too late a mechanical flaw? Im pondering and got nothing. Personally mechanics are probably one of the things that Sanchez has going for him...Have been since college.

Actully no Sanchez does have some mechanical issues. When balls sail or are over thrown (going over Receivers heads) that means the QB is not getting on top of the throw causing it to sail and its also bad follow through but that does not have much to do with a screen since you can throw a screen in about ten different ways and need 0 mechanics to complete a 5 yard pass.

Explain how Sanchez handicaps play calls ? if its what coaches percieve than thats one problem but he can make every throw and he can move around very well so what do you mean ?

He could handicap playcalls by not being very good. They've held this guys hand for three years now...in every possible way.

Franchise QB's dont shake loose. Jay Cutler type trades never happen. The only luck would be scoring an old vet who's got one magical season left.

To the Jets credit, they have drafted QB's in recent history. And have been aggressive trying to find one from Favre to trading up for Sanchez. They get the importance just havent hit, like 28 teams who may or may not have tried as hard. lol

Luck plays a huge factor. Hate to say it. And the NY Jets are anything but lucky.

I was being sarcastic in saying that "we could wait for a Drew Brees to shake loose".

This team has been aggressive, but Sanchez was a huge misfire at least in value at this point. There were probably too many flags on him to merit the trade up.

I cant get into weather or not Sanchez is a smart football player or not. But I have seen smart OC's perform very well with QB's that have struggled in the past. You know Im not a Shotty fan and it goes back before Sanchez got here so in that respect you know Im going to blame Shotty no matter what. I feel we need a change, and if we bring in a new guy and continue to see the same crap from Sanchez I would be glad to say we need a change at QB im just not ready to dump Sanchez after 2 years and 11 games. Problem is I can see the Jets doing something really stupid like promoting Cavanaugh to OC, I really can.

I don't want to dump Sanchez. I just want to complain about him. I see enough things to complain about. I'm not a big Schottenheimer fan, but I probably like him more than everybody except 2 or 3 other guys on this site. FWIW, I wouldn't mind Cavanaugh much compared to everybody else either and I'm not a huge Callahan fan.

He could handicap playcalls by not being very good. They've held this guys hand for three years now...in every possible way.

exactly why hes messed up now . I can see holding a players hand in year 1 things like getting used to the NFL game and learning the offense come to mind. But they should have cut off the talk on Sanchez in year 2 and let the kid play, I think the way the Jets handle him could very well be part of the problem. I think we need a change and most of the time that means getting a new philosophy in here on offense. The Jets have major holes as well on offense that need to be addressd. Sanchez is struggling and he never seems to have the "easy" throw im not sure how much of that is his fault or the design of the offenses fault. One knock on Shooty was that his plays take too long to develop and when you have that issue along with an O-line that can no longer protect the QB that can be an issue. Sanchez seems more jumpy this year than in years past .

I don't want to dump Sanchez. I just want to complain about him. I see enough things to complain about. I'm not a big Schottenheimer fan, but I probably like him more than everybody except 2 or 3 other guys on this site. FWIW, I wouldn't mind Cavanaugh much compared to everybody else either and I'm not a huge Callahan fan.

For all we know Cavanaugh could be the problem. Maybe Cavanaughs approach to the position is not in sync with Sanchez its hard to tell. Why dont you like Callahan ? he did well with Gannon and he was a JAG before going to the Raiders of course with the raiders Gannon was surrounded with Talent at every position amazing how that talent transformed his career.

Franchise QB's dont shake loose. Jay Cutler type trades never happen. The only luck would be scoring an old vet who's got one magical season left.

To the Jets credit, they have drafted QB's in recent history. And have been aggressive trying to find one from Favre to trading up for Sanchez. They get the importance just havent hit, like 28 teams who may or may not have tried as hard. lol

Luck plays a huge factor. Hate to say it. And the NY Jets are anything but lucky.

if Jay Cutler trades never happen, how come Jay Cutler was traded?

For all we know Cavanaugh could be the problem. Maybe Cavanaughs approach to the position is not in sync with Sanchez its hard to tell. Why dont you like Callahan ? he did well with Gannon and he was a JAG before going to the Raiders of course with the raiders Gannon was surrounded with Talent at every position amazing how that talent transformed his career.

I liked Cavanaugh at Pitt and I think that being OC for the Ravens is a sort of thankless task, with play calls catering to the D and the head coach being a supposed offensive genius. As for Callahan, I admit to not being any expert in his coaching, but I never like him in interviews and he lost two pretty sweet gigs by losing the team pretty quickly when it seemed like he could write his own ticket. It's tough to get run out of town that soon after being in a super bowl.

The professionals are not saying Schitty is horrible or incompetent. The professionals are pointing out things that are the purview of coaching. We're not simply talking about being careless with the football. It's more. They're mentioning technical aspects.

Is it your view that Schitty & Cavanaugh are giving him all this coaching and "in the line of fire" he's forgetting it all? They've instructed him on HOW not to throw the ball high, or HOW to throw the TE screen, etc.

Again, it's not merely telling him not to do something. That's like telling a young Tiki Barber not to fumble. That's useless. Instead, Coughlin tought Barber HOW to handle the ball correctly so he wouldn't fumble.

I'm questioning whether the coaching staff is teaching Sanchez the "how."

That bolded is not entirely true. Sure, that's the case for the most part, but I've never heard a commentator trash a coach as much as I've heard Simms trash Schitty over the past couple of years. The guy is clearly not a fan at all. If "professionals" include players, there's also been opposing defenders who have trashed the Jets play-calling on more than one occasion (the Ravens being the most recent example).

I was being sarcastic in saying that "we could wait for a Drew Brees to shake loose".

This team has been aggressive, but Sanchez was a huge misfire at least in value at this point. There were probably too many flags on him to merit the trade up.

Like Pete Carroll's ringing endorsement?

While it rarely ever happens, the fact that Brees to the Saints and Warner to the Cardinals both happened via free agency while Chad was the QB makes me hate that loser that much more. If somehow a similar opportunity does present itself, this team can't possibly be stupid enough to pass up on it because of Mark freakin' Sanchez. But like you said, odds are a situation like that, or even a Cutler-like trade opportunity, won't be happening. At best the Jets are likely looking at either going back into the draft and trying to find a solution or hoping to get something out of a Schaub-like trade for another team's backup like Matt Flynn.

Value in terms of where we selected him but we gave up a ham sandwich in that trade. Mark Sanchez, like Vernon Gholston was the one player in the draft I wanted nothing to do with, he's actually out playing my expectations by a wide margin...thats how little I wanted to do with him.

if Jay Cutler trades never happen, how come Jay Cutler was traded?

Instead of asking a smart a$$ question that you thought was a zinger, why dont you ask yourself the last time a young franchise QB was traded his 4th season after having a career year throwing for 4500yards and 25 TDs.

While it rarely ever happens, the fact that Brees to the Saints and Warner to the Cardinals both happened via free agency while Chad was the QB makes me hate that loser that much more. If somehow a similar opportunity does present itself, this team can't possibly be stupid enough to pass up on it because of Mark freakin' Sanchez. But like you said, odds are a situation like that, or even a Cutler-like trade opportunity, won't be happening. At best the Jets are likely looking at either going back into the draft and trying to find a solution or hoping to get something out of a Schaub-like trade for another team's backup like Matt Flynn.

Matt Flynn is interesting. He definitely looks good when he's get his chance. I'm just not sure they do that...I see them signing someone like David Garrard.

Matt Flynn is interesting. He definitely looks good when he's get his chance. I'm just not sure they do that...I see them signing someone like David Garrard.

I actually just took a quick look and apparently Flynn is in the last year of his contract. Would certainly be an interesting option, although if available as a free agent I'm sure there will be more than one team interested.

Mark Sanchez is not now, nor will ever be, Drew Brees. Brees' processing speed is a 10. Sanchez's is a 4.

Funny story, figured I'd tell it here...you wont get a kick out of it because you're the devil, but others might. I just feel like quoting you. Suck it.

So I'm playing hoops tonight. A couple of new guys show up to the court. 1 looks like a typical ginny from Brooklyn. He was. But I learned this because we were on the same team one game when he's at the top of the key and picks up his dribble. I'm trying to shake this guy who's guarding me who is 6'6 so he's got the reach and he's face guarding me. So me and the ginny make eye contact, I look one way he looks the same, but the guy was reading my eyes and cut it off, so I juked back thought he'd see that. Ginny throws right, I go left, ball goes out of bounds.

He says sorry, I say no worries, I ran an in, you threw and out. He goes, "yeah, just like Sanchez". Started dying laughing. Told him I was a Jets fan. Pretty fun situation honestly.

I actually just took a quick look and apparently Flynn is in the last year of his contract. Would certainly be an interesting option, although if available as a free agent I'm sure there will be more than one team interested.

FA I can. Someone to bring a little comp in training camp. Light a little fire under the model. I dont see them trading for a Qb. Then the controversy would start and I honestly think they dont want to make that decision. Rather bring a FA, who might, beat him out or is at least insurance.

FA I can. Someone to bring a little comp in training camp. Light a little fire under the model. I dont see them trading for a Qb. Then the controversy would start and I honestly think they dont want to make that decision. Rather bring a FA, who might, beat him out or is at least insurance.

I would definitely prefer one who would give Sanchez a real reason to fear for his job and/or could provide a legit competition (if the Jets were willing to go that far in camp). Some previously established JAG who could be a decent backup but is guaranteed not to be a future starter (e.g., Garrard) will only do so much. Now that I realize he'll be a FA, definitely think Flynn would be a nice option for the Jets. At worst he's a legit non-elderly backup and definitely has potential beyond that.

Funny story, figured I'd tell it here...you wont get a kick out of it because you're the devil, but others might. I just feel like quoting you. Suck it.

So I'm playing hoops tonight. A couple of new guys show up to the court. 1 looks like a typical ginny from Brooklyn. He was. But I learned this because we were on the same team one game when he's at the top of the key and picks up his dribble. I'm trying to shake this guy who's guarding me who is 6'6 so he's got the reach and he's face guarding me. So me and the ginny make eye contact, I look one way he looks the same, but the guy was reading my eyes and cut it off, so I juked back thought he'd see that. Ginny throws right, I go left, ball goes out of bounds.

He says sorry, I say no worries, I ran an in, you threw and out. He goes, "yeah, just like Sanchez". Started dying laughing. Told him I was a Jets fan. Pretty fun situation honestly.

I can't believe you used bandwidth for this bullsh*t.

And that witty pickup player turned out to be...Josh Childress.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Worst story ever.

And its "guinea" not "ginny."

Need more neg rep. gfy

I'm still not sure who the target audience for that kind of story would be. It appeals to neither Jets fans nor basketball fans. You don't have a girlfriend and I know for a FACT your mother would be bored to tears by tales of your pick-up basketball exploits. I'm not even sure the guy who made the original lame throwaway joke would care to recap this boring, inconsequential episode. Who are these enablers you've surrounded yourself with that made you think this sort of trivial nonsense was interesting enough to share in the first place? Do such people exist? These...sycophants? Is it possible that you could have sycophants?

Value in terms of where we selected him but we gave up a ham sandwich in that trade. Mark Sanchez, like Vernon Gholston was the one player in the draft I wanted nothing to do with, he's actually out playing my expectations by a wide margin...thats how little I wanted to do with him.

It's funny, I was definitely higher on both of them coming out. But that's where my "fandom" comes in. I don't follow the college game, and until proven otherwise, I'll think a guy can be a player.

Doesn't take long for me to form an opinion though... Ha!

Except, neither of you were on the brink of tears, so how was it like Sanchez?

Or, were you?

6a72c07e11bd11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

I'm still not sure who the target audience for that kind of story would be. It appeals to neither Jets fans nor basketball fans.

My interwebz friends who I talk to the Jets about who love to hear my stories. This is also a Mark Sanchez thread so the audience seemed appropriate.

You don't have a girlfriend

I've recently being seeing someone.

and I know for a FACT your mother would be bored to tears by tales of your pick-up basketball exploits

My mother asked me if I was still playing basketball at Thanksgiving. I told her all about my Monday and Thursday night games. She was enthralled.

I'm not even sure the guy who made the original lame throwaway joke would care to recap this boring, inconsequential episode.

You had to be there, we were like best friends after that. Talked about the Jets and Long Island and stuff. We are good buds. I guarantee he shows up next week.

Who are these enablers you've surrounded yourself with that made you think this sort of trivial nonsense was interesting enough to share in the first place?

People like you TOmGayne. People like you.

Do such people exist? These...sycophants? Is it possible that you could have sycophants?

Not once did mention that I was lights out tonight and that nobody could stop me. Not once did I mention that I was playing lock down defense and that my team only lost once. Not once did I mention the clutch 3's I hit to win a couple of games. Nope, not once.

You are the devil TOmGayne. I'd like to strangle you to death with my bare hands so I could feel you die.

Archived