Sanchez with 4 TD's; And the Jets win during a last minute drive!!

JetsFanFromQueens

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize the debate has moved on but I need to ask SMC....how is throwing a screen too late a mechanical flaw? Im pondering and got nothing. Personally mechanics are probably one of the things that Sanchez has going for him...Have been since college.

I was referencing from a timing aspect as Mayock explained in the Broncos game. But, you're correct that the TE screen is not a mechanical issue per se on par with high throws.

I was referencing from a timing aspect as Mayock explained in the Broncos game. But, you're correct that the TE screen is not a mechanical issue per se on par with high throws.

He did the same thing this week with McKnight that resulted in McKnight missing his hole by maybe a couple of split seconds. Timing is most definitely not Sanchez's forte, hopefully that's only an early career thing.

I realize the debate has moved on but I need to ask SMC....how is throwing a screen too late a mechanical flaw? Im pondering and got nothing. Personally mechanics are probably one of the things that Sanchez has going for him...Have been since college.

Dunno if the shoulder's acting up again, but Sanchez has short-armed a lot of throws the last couple of weeks. The ball's not coming out clean and he looks like he's lost a lot of velocity.

Dunno if the shoulder's acting up again, but Sanchez has short-armed a lot of throws the last couple of weeks. The ball's not coming out clean and he looks like he's lost a lot of velocity.

Agreed, I thought his throws looked a little off last week. The last throw to Holmes didn't look pretty, but that's just one I remember. He grounded a couple of passes that I didn't think he would, which I assume has significance.

Smashmouth:

I'm happy to hear that surrounding him with talent that allowed the team to somewhat consistently overcome his crap is the exact reason he's bad today. I've been shuffling between the other dozen thrown out every week. I even have a personal favorite in that he's just a really weird college gone pro case that isn't really going as negatively as this apparently total vag fanbase likes to believe. He'll eventually be fine and we'll all bask in his Mexican-American glory, a true man of the future. My #2 favorite reason is that he made a deal with the Pedobear that he would suck for just one more year. I even turned it into a thing that rhymes.

While I would not mind getting rid of Schottenheimer, it's not going to just be some random a-hole. Despite the bullsh*t, Schottenheimer is a legitimately good NFL OC as NFL OCs go, and they would have to be extremely careful of who they bring in next. Norv Turner or the extreme longshot/dream pick Gary Kubiak? Sure on Turner, f yes on Kubiak. Cavanaugh also makes some sense since promoting him would kind of douse the event people will want picking the next dummy to get fired if Sanchez doesn't pick his game up. Most of the other candidates? Yeah, you can list them. I'll spot you Tom Clements of the Packers who actually worked in this division and had success (with the Bills). He'd merely be intriguing, which is better than most.

I can believe Schitty and Cavanaugh are that clueless. Incompetence comes in many different forms. Coaches get fired all the time and many look clueless. Jim Zorn anyone?

Also, I'm going off what the professionals say, not what I think. If the professionals weren't making these consistent and persistent comments, then it would be hard to rely solely on my fan's opinion.

lol @ invoking 'what the professionals say.' Frankly I give more credence to your fan's opinion. Regardless of whether these guys are former professional players, coaches, whatever, that isn't what they are now. They're professional content providers. They go up there and word vomit empty cliches to kill time. None of this is actual shop talk. Not even when they get rid of the anchor, lose the jackets and ties, and sit in a circle with their elbows on their knees. You ever catch that one? The networks both rolled out basically identical updates on the Retired Pros Just Sitting Around Talking About The Game show this season. NFLN is always hacky but with ESPN this stuff is shades of Olbermann in a bomber jacket. As fans go I have little doubt that an EY production would at minimum be a little less insulting to my intelligence.

'What the professionals say' about the quality of coaching Sanchez has received is the demonstrated market for Schottenheimer's services. He has been kept on by the Jets through a head coaching change and subsequently extended, with persistent interest from the rest of the league, specifically and tellingly including both of the other two teams in our division not coached by Bill Belichick and both of the other two teams that drafted starting quarterbacks in the first round in 2009.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter all that much who the offensive coordinator is. From 'play design' -- I always picture Schottenheimer furiously scribbling on a chalkboard like Damon in Good Will Hunting when I hear that -- to in-game calls to the teaching points you mentioned earlier, this stuff is all a matter of best practices, and not even the least competent NFL coach is oblivious to things that seem obvious to morons on couches.

Value in terms of where we selected him but we gave up a ham sandwich in that trade. Mark Sanchez, like Vernon Gholston was the one player in the draft I wanted nothing to do with, he's actually out playing my expectations by a wide margin...thats how little I wanted to do with him.

Instead of asking a smart a$$ question that you thought was a zinger, why dont you ask yourself the last time a young franchise QB was traded his 4th season after having a career year throwing for 4500yards and 25 TDs.

JIF the reason Cutler was traded was for more reasons than just a so called career year. He opened his mouth a few times, he was very erratic, and as easily as he could throw 4 TD he could blow the game with just as many INT's and maybe Denver just didnt want that type of player around. Ill be honest at times Cutler looked terrible and he reminded me a little of Jeff George in a lot of ways. The Cutler/<Martz situation could not be better for both guys, they had growing pains early on which was to be expected but Cutler seemed to start settling in I think they both got lucky in that respect. Also you need alot of parts to run a Martz offense and one is a catalyst at RB (Forte) who is a duel threat which a lot of teams do not have, if you dont have that player Martz offense fails.

Mark Sanchez is not now, nor will ever be, Drew Brees. Brees' processing speed is a 10. Sanchez's is a 4.

You may very well be right but Sanchez does not have the Coaching, WR's, or Stud RB's who can make sh*t happen out of the back field like Brees does, not by a long shot. Brees makes quick decisions because ALL his RB's can catch the football and if you watch him he checks down a lot and those guys make it happen. They also run alot of plays with the RB as the primary Receiver and its very hard for defenses to cover every position on offense in the pasing game. That offense is well designed as well and they create mismatches all over the field . If the Jets are going to be in the market for an offensive coordinator (like we all hope) they should look at someone on that staff to come here and give us a real offense then plug in the holes with players that can make it happen. I would start by revamping this entire offense in the draft and by signing young free agents I do not think Santonio is the answer here many may disagree but I dont think this guy is a consistent enough football player to be mentioned with the elite WR's in this league and I think he is ridiculously overpaid. Sanchez is still young enough to revamp this thing because what we have in here now sucks IMO and I do not think its Sanchez . The over all job we have done with this Kid is terrible and if you put Sanchez in Brees place with Sean Peyton coaching him up I think you have an entirely different situation.

Ive noticed this too but I think its because hes throwing off his back foot and not getting set. That causes balls to sail but it is correctable I hope its not a shoulder issue.

Agreed, I thought his throws looked a little off last week. The last throw to Holmes didn't look pretty, but that's just one I remember. He grounded a couple of passes that I didn't think he would, which I assume has significance.

Smashmouth:

I'm happy to hear that surrounding him with talent that allowed the team to somewhat consistently overcome his crap is the exact reason he's bad today. I've been shuffling between the other dozen thrown out every week. I even have a personal favorite in that he's just a really weird college gone pro case that isn't really going as negatively as this apparently total vag fanbase likes to believe. He'll eventually be fine and we'll all bask in his Mexican-American glory, a true man of the future. My #2 favorite reason is that he made a deal with the Pedobear that he would suck for just one more year. I even turned it into a thing that rhymes.

While I would not mind getting rid of Schottenheimer, it's not going to just be some random a-hole. Despite the bullsh*t, Schottenheimer is a legitimately good NFL OC as NFL OCs go, and they would have to be extremely careful of who they bring in next. Norv Turner or the extreme longshot/dream pick Gary Kubiak? Sure on Turner, f yes on Kubiak. Cavanaugh also makes some sense since promoting him would kind of douse the event people will want picking the next dummy to get fired if Sanchez doesn't pick his game up. Most of the other candidates? Yeah, you can list them. I'll spot you Tom Clements of the Packers who actually worked in this division and had success (with the Bills). He'd merely be intriguing, which is better than most.

Forget about Turner (do not want) and totally forget about Kubiak (no way that happens) The way you find a good OC is you look at the offenses that are succesful and run the type of offense you would like to see here then you start interviewing assistants from those offenses.

lol @ invoking 'what the professionals say.' Frankly I give more credence to your fan's opinion. Regardless of whether these guys are former professional players, coaches, whatever, that isn't what they are now. They're professional content providers. They go up there and word vomit empty cliches to kill time. None of this is actual shop talk. Not even when they get rid of the anchor, lose the jackets and ties, and sit in a circle with their elbows on their knees. You ever catch that one? The networks both rolled out basically identical updates on the Retired Pros Just Sitting Around Talking About The Game show this season. NFLN is always hacky but with ESPN this stuff is shades of Olbermann in a bomber jacket. As fans go I have little doubt that an EY production would at minimum be a little less insulting to my intelligence.

'What the professionals say' about the quality of coaching Sanchez has received is the demonstrated market for Schottenheimer's services. He has been kept on by the Jets through a head coaching change and subsequently extended, with persistent interest from the rest of the league, specifically and tellingly including both of the other two teams in our division not coached by Bill Belichick and both of the other two teams that drafted starting quarterbacks in the first round in 2009.

I would like to see the "professional" who said and/or equates the coaching Sanchez has received and a "market" for Shotty...this is pure nonsense...who many times has the kid thrown from his back foot? How many times has the kid not had his hips "squared"? How many times has the kid, under pressure held the ball low and with one hand? Come on dude.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter all that much who the offensive coordinator is. From 'play design' -- I always picture Schottenheimer furiously scribbling on a chalkboard like Damon in Good Will Hunting when I hear that -- to in-game calls to the teaching points you mentioned earlier, this stuff is all a matter of best practices, and not even the least competent NFL coach is oblivious to things that seem obvious to morons on couches.

I would like to see the "professional" who said and/or equates the coaching Sanchez has received and a "market" for Shotty...this is pure nonsense...who many times has the kid thrown from his back foot? How many times has the kid not had his hips "squared"? How many times has the kid, under pressure held the ball low and with one hand? Come on dude.

You may very well be right but Sanchez does not have the Coaching, WR's, or Stud RB's who can make sh*t happen out of the back field like Brees does, not by a long shot. Brees makes quick decisions because ALL his RB's can catch the football and if you watch him he checks down a lot and those guys make it happen. They also run alot of plays with the RB as the primary Receiver and its very hard for defenses to cover every position on offense in the pasing game. That offense is well designed as well and they create mismatches all over the field . If the Jets are going to be in the market for an offensive coordinator (like we all hope) they should look at someone on that staff to come here and give us a real offense then plug in the holes with players that can make it happen. I would start by revamping this entire offense in the draft and by signing young free agents I do not think Santonio is the answer here many may disagree but I dont think this guy is a consistent enough football player to be mentioned with the elite WR's in this league and I think he is ridiculously overpaid. Sanchez is still young enough to revamp this thing because what we have in here now sucks IMO and I do not think its Sanchez . The over all job we have done with this Kid is terrible and if you put Sanchez in Brees place with Sean Peyton coaching him up I think you have an entirely different situation.

Sproles to the Saints was a steal for them

Sproles to the Saints was a steal for them

yep and he fits right into their scheme. If you cant catch the ball as a RB you dont play for the Saints its that simple. Sproles was a no brainer because he replaced an injury prone Reggie Bush and he is a more complete player for a lot less money . That organisation knows exactly how to handle their Franchise QB and its simple, Surround him with talent at every skill position. The Jets RB's are a complete joke compared to the Saints and thats what makes the difference. If Brees checks down he usually checks down to a dynamic playmaker who is probably capable of breaking a tackle ....Ever watch Joe McKnight run ? As soon as a hand touches him he drops to the ground hes done it multiple times the last few games with wide open running room ahead of him. Greene cant catch and LT is just about finished, but hey its all Sanchez fault.

If you want elite QB play you need elite talent around said QB.

tl;dr

Of their 6 most productive backs/receivers, only Ingram was a high draft pick:

Sproles - 4th Rd pick; signed as a FA for less money than Brad Smith

P. Thomas - UDFA

Colston - 7th Rd pick

L. Moore - UDFA

Graham - 3rd Rd pick

Do you really think Mark Sanchez would be Pro Bowl bound with all of this "elite" talent?

Of their 6 most productive backs/receivers, only Ingram was a high draft pick:

Sproles - 4th Rd pick; signed as a FA for less money than Brad Smith

P. Thomas - UDFA

Colston - 7th Rd pick

L. Moore - UDFA

Graham - 3rd Rd pick

Do you really think Mark Sanchez would be Pro Bowl bound with all of this "elite" talent?

Thank you...jeebus their OL consists of two elite Gs and no names...f. Jon Goodwin, former Yet JAG, was their C in the SB year IIRC.

Smash if you want elite QB play you pray to Jah your QB is good enough. Sanchez right now is alot like young Eli...inconsistent throughout the 4 quarters but made the plays in the 4th often enough...but the rest of his game right now is plenty detrimental to his team and you reeeeaaaallllly need to face that reality.

Btw when you talk about how Spropes fit "right into their scheme" did you even bother to realize Sproles has been good for years now? It's easy to fit right into a scheme QBs you're a really good player, and that's what really good players do.

Forget about Turner (do not want) and totally forget about Kubiak (no way that happens) The way you find a good OC is you look at the offenses that are succesful and run the type of offense you would like to see here then you start interviewing assistants from those offenses.

You mean like they did with Schottenheimer? Does this mean you have 0 candidates?

yep and he fits right into their scheme. If you cant catch the ball as a RB you dont play for the Saints its that simple. Sproles was a no brainer because he replaced an injury prone Reggie Bush and he is a more complete player for a lot less money . That organisation knows exactly how to handle their Franchise QB and its simple, Surround him with talent at every skill position. The Jets RB's are a complete joke compared to the Saints and thats what makes the difference. If Brees checks down he usually checks down to a dynamic playmaker who is probably capable of breaking a tackle ....Ever watch Joe McKnight run ? As soon as a hand touches him he drops to the ground hes done it multiple times the last few games with wide open running room ahead of him. Greene cant catch and LT is just about finished, but hey its all Sanchez fault.

It comes down to identifying what works for your offense and getting players who most fit that scheme of things. Problem is the JETS have never identified what personnel they need to be successful and as a result have regressed offensively inspite of having a Super Bowl MVP(s) on the roster.

And Shonne Greene won't be that bad at catching the ball if he had sticky material on his helmet.

Did anyone hear Tim Hasselbeck questioning Sanchez's work ethic yesterday?

Remember the off season workout that Sanchez put together, flew players out and put them through the paces? That did not sound like a lazy player.

I am not sure who can say what Sanchez does during the week, except the coaches, so anything beyond those sources would be speculating

Did anyone hear Tim Hasselbeck questioning Sanchez's work ethic yesterday?

This most recently from the Snooze...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/critical-mistakes-mark-sanchez-continue-haunt-ny-jets-must-win-situation-bills-article-1.982878?localLinksEnabled=false

Despite his inconsistent play this season,Sanchez’s work ethic has never wavered. No matter how much backlash he’s absorbed in the wake of Gang Green’s two consecutive losses, one thing is clear: His work habits remain the same.

“I’m exhausting my resources here,”Sanchez said of trying different methods of preparation to snap out of his recent funk. “I’m studying my butt off in the run game to try to get us in the right place because we haven’t been our best running the ball this year, but I don’t want it to be because of me. I’m trying to make sure we’re in the right play. When it comes to the passing game stuff, I’m just trying to be accurate and make the right read, make good decisions. When nothing is there, just tuck it and roll.

“I’m still searching for something, and if it’s something in preparation, then I’ll find it,” he added. “It’s just a couple game-time decisions that I’m just screwing up or making a poor throw.”

Well, the Stadium crowd booed Sanchez during the INTRODUCTIONS. LOL

http://www.nj.com/je...rce=twitterfeed

I will never understand the majority of this fan base. Granted, the guy sucks, I won't dispute this, but this is the same fan base who spent the better part of 6 years endlessly felating Chadwick no matter how much he sucked, and I would take Sanchez over that loser a million times over, and he's already getting more crap in 2 and 1/2 years than the noodle ever did (from the majority that is).

I never said I liked the San Diego Offense I do however like the Saints offense and how they run it. Not sure who their assistents are though

1) Could not care less whether you like/d the SD offense. That has nothing to do with anything.

2) what specifically do you like about the Saints offense thats so special and unique ignoring who the QB is? Please spare me BS about how their WRs are open and their RBs catch, therefore the offense is designed to have open WRs and designed to have pass catching RBs. Not only is that argument extraordinarily lazy, its also hack.

I will never understand the majority of this fan base. Granted, the guy sucks, I won't dispute this, but this is the same fan base who spent the better part of 6 years endlessly felating Chadwick no matter how much he sucked, and I would take Sanchez over that loser a million times over, and he's already getting more crap in 2 and 1/2 years than the noodle ever did (from the majority that is).

Yeah I was always impressed by the incredible patience the fanbase had with Pennington. No time I was more proud to be a Jets fan than when they cheered when he went down. Class and grace is all we treated the guy with and he had the BAWLS to shove injury in our face.

Super Bowl expectations are a bitch. Go to the HC with that complaint.

Archived