Cruz v. Holmes: WTF?

T0mShane

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More like Eli Manning vs Mark Sanchez.

The only thing these two guys have in common is they are from New York. Eli Manning is 3 times better than Sanchez.

Right.......Because Santonio is constantly running around the field uncovered. As mentioned above, the Giants receivers run precise routes and their plays are designed to fool the D and get WR's open. Our guys are told to run 5 yard hooks on 3rd and 7 and run "drift" routes any other time where they basically jog down the sideline. We haven't had a receiver open all year the way Cruz was last night and is quite regularly.

Victor Cruz: 55 catches, 957 yards, 7 TDs in 2 starts.

Santonio Holmes: 37 catches, 494 yards, 5 TDs in 11 starts.

Couldn't believe it when I looked it up last night. Whose fault is this?

Sanchez's fault, of course.

During the Saints game someone said something abouit a QB being accurate and that helping YAC. Is this true?

Right.......Because Santonio is constantly running around the field uncovered. As mentioned above, the Giants receivers run precise routes and their plays are designed to fool the D and get WR's open. Our guys are told to run 5 yard hooks on 3rd and 7 and run "drift" routes any other time where they basically jog down the sideline. We haven't had a receiver open all year the way Cruz was last night and is quite regularly.

Ever play that game where you tell your friend to "go deep" and then wave bye bye to him after he runs that pattern and drop the ball on the ground laughing? Thats what it's like to be a Jets reciever. How many great routes you gonna run just to jump high for the ball, watch it hit the ground, watch it go over your head or watch one of the three men covering you catch it.

Eli is awesome, the Giants passing tree is phenomenal....the routes they run are down the field and precise.

Whats funny about this is that the whole reason Cruz never saw the field, prior to injuries/this season, was because he doesnt run precise routes. lol.

Manning > Sanchez - thats it, thats all. Just look at Plax with Eli and this story is over.

Whats funny about this is that the whole reason Cruz never saw the field, prior to injuries/this season, was because he doesnt run precise routes. lol.

Manning > Sanchez - thats it, thats all. Just look at Plax with Eli and this story is over.

Cruz is in his second year and was hurt all of last season. He's played all season. Plax is on pace for 10+ TD's and hasnt played a down in two years.

Gilbride runs a distinct down the field passing offense that's extremely well executed by Eli and his receivers. I can't be the only one that notices Santonio never open down the field.

Eli is awesome, the Giants passing tree is phenomenal....the routes they run are down the field and precise.

It's funny because I've heard fans and media whine that it's too complicated. I'm a fan of Gilbride and that offense though...Now they're in.

As far as the WRs...Cruz:Eli while Holmes:Sanchez.

Cruz is more talented than Holmes. Holmes is a high end #2. Cruz has #1 potential.

Eli is more experienced than Sanchez.

Cruz is in his second year and was hurt all of last season. He's played all season. Plax is on pace for 10+ TD's and hasnt played a down in two years.

Gilbride runs a distinct down the field passing offense that's extremely well executed by Eli and his receivers. I can't be the only one that notices Santonio never open down the field.

I've seen Holmes open down field...Ive seen Kerley open down field....I've seen Plax open down field. Unfortunately, most of the time Mark Sanchez doesnt.

While I think its probably mostly on the model, Schitty offense is obviously a factor. Its just a$$ backwards. The Giants compliment a power running game the right way, with a vertical passing attack. The Jets do it the wrong way, by having a short yardage ball control passing attack. Its a combo of both, but I'd put more on the model.

Cruz is more talented than Holmes. Holmes is a high end #2. Cruz has #1 potential.

Eli is more experienced than Sanchez.

Please, a UDFA is not more talented the Holmes...thats silly.

I've seen Holmes open down field...Ive seen Kerley open down field....I've seen Plax open down field. Unfortunately, most of the time Mark Sanchez doesnt.

While I think its probably mostly on the model, Schitty offense is obviously a factor. Its just a$$ backwards. The Giants compliment a power running game the right way, with a vertical passing attack. The Jets do it the wrong way, by having a short yardage ball control passing attack. Its a combo of both, but I'd put more on the model.

Please, a UDFA is not more talented the Holmes...thats silly.

You see them open down field I see them covered :) . I also see teams relentlessly jumping our routes wonder why that is ? predictability maybe ?

What was the reason we didn't have any WR's with gaudy #'s when Favre was here?

Bottom line is this team has done a horrible job in the WR department for years and its still doing the same crap. Look at the giants crop of WR's they are much better than ours and younger as well built in the draft. They let Smith go to the Eagles and Cruz steps right in. The Giants not having Bradshaw has hurt them offensively and its hurt Eli as well.

Because they know Sanchez locks on his recievers and throws the ball into coverage regulary?

you know what Crush I would love to know how people can tell Sanchez is locking on his receivers. We dont have film to study and I think its getting to the point people make sh*t up just to bash the kid. The routes are being jumped in zone coverage maybe Sanchez sees this and is becoming gun shy were certainly not adjusting. I think were talking about a really poorly designed offense.

Archived