Sanchez was booed during introductions?

Steveg

Jim Leonhard criticizes Jets fans for booing QB Mark Sanchez

Jim Leonhard came to the defense of quarterback Mark Sanchez during a radio spot earlier today, taking exception to the fans who booed Sanchez during pregame introductions on Sunday.

"I think we have a great crowd,” Leonhard said during a weekly radio visit with WFAN 660. "I think probably for one of the first times, I was kind of disappointed. Our starting quarterback gets booed in introductions. ... That’s frustrating when ... as players, you kind of turn to each other and say, 'You know what? I guess we’re in this one today by ourselves. We can’t rely on the crowd to give us that energy because it’s already started off on a bad note.'

"So I will say that this past weekend was really the first time that I’ve been kind of frustrated going into a game, which is bad."

Sanchez was also booed off the field on two notable occasions Sunday, when passes to Santonio Holmes fell incomplete and it looked as though the receiver was running a completely different route than the quarterback expected.

Leonhard said he understands the frustration from fans and that the players feel it as well. However, winning games requires a home crowd to be behind a team, Leonhard said.

"We're all frustrated. It's not just you guys," Leonhard said. "The players are frustrated as well. The coaches are frustrated. The only way we can right some of these wrongs is by going out and winning games. We just want that crowd to have our back, which we know they do. But (if) they're not going to give us the benefit of the doubt sometimes, we got to go out there and prove it week in and week out at home as well."

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too effing bad Little Jimmy. If you guys don't like getting booed then stop sucking, stop throwing interceptions, stop running for 1 yard on 3 out of every 4 1st downs, stop the 3 and outs, stop letting scrub teams go 95 yards on your vaunted defense to lose games.

Too effing bad Little Jimmy. If you guys don't like getting booed then stop sucking, stop throwing interceptions, stop running for 1 yard on 3 out of every 4 1st downs, stop the 3 and outs, stop letting scrub teams go 95 yards on your vaunted defense to lose games.

None of that happened during introductions.

Jet fans are whiny little bitches, that's why they boo during introductions.

HEY!!!!!! Stop talking to Jimmy like that. You're going to hurt his feelings to the point where he's going to make more of an effort to win football games, and of course we dont want THAT to happen. :winking0001:

Do you guys remember what it was like when John Hall was our kicker? How every time he'd line up for a FG you got this sick feeling in your gut because you KNEW he was gonna blow it? Well that's what is happening to Jets fans everytime Mark Sanchez drops back to pass-we're either expecting some hellacious hit or a pick six-I mean you should have seen it in the chatroom during the game Sunday-it's gotten almost comical and we're joking about how bad he is because the truth is so frigging painfully obvious that we either laugh or we'll all be crying. That was the worst 4 TD QB performance in the history of Jets football that I've ever seen

Some Jets fans want Sanchez to fail just so they can say they were right about him. Its obvious with a few posters on here. Thats why they don't want to give Sanchez a chance without sh*tty and continue to act like he isn't the problem. The Jet fan base isn't a very good one and it never has been.

Some Jets fans want Sanchez to fail just so they can say they were right about him. Its obvious with a few posters on here. Thats why they don't want to give Sanchez a chance without sh*tty and continue to act like he isn't the problem. The Jet fan base isn't a very good one and it never has been.

That's just crazy every single Jets fan on these boards want one thing and one thing only and that is to be so happy that we're all crying on some early February evening watching a Jets QB run off the field with his pointer finger held high like Joe Namath did. NO ONE, wants Sanchez to fail so they can squawk on some message board that they were right all along-We. WANT. ANOTHER. SUPER. BOWL. and that's it, that's ALL we want.

That's just crazy every single Jets fan on these boards want one thing and one thing only and that is to be so happy that we're all crying on some early February evening watching a Jets QB run off the field with his pointer finger held high like Joe Namath did. NO ONE, wants Sanchez to fail so they can squawk on some message board that they were right all along-We. WANT. ANOTHER. SUPER. BOWL. and that's it, that's ALL we want.

Then whats with all the dump Sanchez talk? A lot of people on this board what to pin majority of the blame on him when it is CLEARLY Schottenheimer. Multiple different Quarterbacks, including a Hall of Famer in Favre, same result. Low scoring, under achieving offense.

Do you guys remember what it was like when John Hall was our kicker? How every time he'd line up for a FG you got this sick feeling in your gut because you KNEW he was gonna blow it? Well that's what is happening to Jets fans everytime Mark Sanchez drops back to pass-we're either expecting some hellacious hit or a pick six-I mean you should have seen it in the chatroom during the game Sunday-it's gotten almost comical and we're joking about how bad he is because the truth is so frigging painfully obvious that we either laugh or we'll all be crying. That was the worst 4 TD QB performance in the history of Jets football that I've ever seen

What does any of that having to do with introductions?

Met fans don't even boo the team when they take the field during introduction and they haven't had a winning season in ages. Yankee fans don't boo during intros. Neither do Giant, Ranger, or Knicks fans. Not even Islander fans.

Jets just have a slapdick fanbase. It's not just this year. The Jet stadium fans are known to be one of the worst in the NFL.

Jet fans are whiny little bitches, that's why they boo during introductions.

What a slapdick fanbase. Booing at half after he hasn't produced is one thing, but during introductions? Maybe the missing ingredient for this team to stop being losers is the fans manning up and stop being a bunch of whining babies in middle-aged bodies. The fans were embarrassing.

Then whats with all the dump Sanchez talk? A lot of people on this board what to pin majority of the blame on him when it is CLEARLY Schottenheimer. Multiple different Quarterbacks, including a Hall of Famer in Favre, same result. Low scoring, under achieving offense.

While you are quite correct that Schotty is the main cause of our woes, you simply cannot deny the Sanchez has thrown some HORRIBLE pick 6's this year, last year, and the year before that. Some of it (Jets sucking) does fall on Sanchez.

Jim Leonhard is just as bad as Eric Smith. Get better in coverage first, a$$hole. I'll gladly say I was one of those assholes that were booing. Anyone else?

That's going a little far. Leonhard doesn't trip and fall on his stupid ******* face more than any other human being in the history of the world. That alone makes him the significantly better safety.

While you are quite correct that Schotty is the main cause of our woes, you simply cannot deny the Sanchez has thrown some HORRIBLE pick 6's this year, last year, and the year before that. Some of it (Jets sucking) does fall on Sanchez.

I blame the system for those struggles. We've seen this same struggles from other Quarterbacks for 6 seasons now. The slow starts to games, the low scoring, the lack of a decent passing game. When we had Favre before he got hurt, he had these same problems. Favre didn't throw for 300 yards once with the Jets. In 2007 with Green Bay, Favre was an MVP candidate, in 2009 with Minnesota, Favre was an MVP candidate, but in 2008 with the Jets, Favre was average at best. In fact, in 2010 Sanchez became the first Jets QB to throw for 300 yards since 2006. When you go that long, something is very wrong with the entire system. That is why I think in a new system, Sanchez would be fine. But certain Jets fans, who pegged Sanchez as a bust from the second he was drafted, want to dump him and continue down the same damn path, just with someone else at Quarterback.

That's going a little far. Leonhard doesn't trip and fall on his stupid ******* face more than any other human being in the history of the world. That alone makes him the significantly better safety.

I wonder if Eric Smith fell down running his 40 time at the Combine.

...Or some Jet fans would like to see the team win another superbowl before their dead. The Jet fan base has been tortured since 1969. How does Shotty make Marks accuracy so bad?

...Or some Jet fans would like to see the team win another superbowl before their dead. The Jet fan base has been tortured since 1969. How does Shotty make Marks accuracy so bad?

Predictable/stupid play calling causes all receivers to be covered, putting Sanchez under pressure, forcing him to quickly throw into traffic. Just look at the interception in the last game. A one WR passing play from our own endzone. Brilliant.

Jets were 8-3 under Favre before he got hurt, and were averaging 29+ points per game.

Maybe the other QBs sucked.

That is why I think in a new system, Sanchez would be fine. But certain Jets fans, who pegged Sanchez as a bust from the second he was drafted, want to dump him and continue down the same damn path, just with someone else at Quarterback.

Prove this.

What does any of that having to do with introductions?

Met fans don't even boo the team when they take the field during introduction and they haven't had a winning season in ages. Yankee fans don't boo during intros. Neither do Giant, Ranger, or Knicks fans. Not even Islander fans.

Jets just have a slapdick fanbase. It's not just this year. The Jet stadium fans are known to be one of the worst in the NFL.

Well first off, it wasn't an overwhelming display of boos from the fans. I was at the game and didn't even notice it until reading this. And you can say the Jets have a slapdick fanbase, but Yankees and Giants fans boo much more and more undeservingly than Jets fans. Probably because they're more spoiled than us when it comes to winning. Brandon Jacobs called out the fans only a couple weeks ago or so for booing. And Jets fans are known as being a$$holes and low-class, which is absolutely true. But when it comes to booing, we are not towards the top in that regard.

Jets were 8-3 under Favre before he got hurt, and were averaging 29+ points per game.

11 games into the season Favre threw for 2,443 yards and 20 Touchdowns. He wasn't setting the world on fire, especially compared to what he did the year before and the year after. 11 Games into this year Mark Sanchez has 2,513 Yards and 18 Touchdowns. See the difference? I don't.

I can't speak for anyone except myself but all I can say is I thought Sanchez should have been benched a few times over the past few weeks. They were showing that game on the NFLN last night and Sanchez was lucky to not have thrown 4 INTs. Yea I know everybody then says "well who are we going to bring in Brunell?" Yea Brunell, he's the back-up QB and I DO know that he wouldn't be making throws into triple coverage like Sanchez has been. I'm no fan of Schitty and put at least half the blame on his inconsistent play calling but he isn't the one making those high throws or firing Nolan Ryan fastballs at Shonn Green from 4 yards away. Did you SEE almost every one of those throws? Every single one of those 1st down conversions on that last drive were sky balls that took Burris. Keller and Turner to make circus catches or we would have lost.

Didnt Schotty have a good offense in San Diego? The Chargers went 14 - 2 when Marty got fired.

What I think is most alarming about Sanchex isn that he had 10 days to get his act together before the Buffalo game and almost threw the game away like the two previous losses.

Didnt Schotty have a good offense in San Diego? The Chargers went 14 - 2 when Marty got fired.

What I think is most alarming about Sanchex isn that he had 10 days to get his act together before the Buffalo game and almost threw the game away like the two previous losses.

I'll tell you what 3-7 what's most alarming to this football fan is watching a guy turn into what happened to David Carr right in front of our eyes. For that I 'DO' blame sh*tty. All I know is the 2011 New York Jets are an average football team-a .500 team and when we either don't make the playoffs or we go 1 and done somebody is going to have to pay the price. Now look at the people who COULD be held accountable:

Mike Tannenbaum

Rex Ryan

Mike Pettine

Brian Schottenheimer

Mike Westhoff

Bill Callahan

Mark Carrier

Matt Cavanaugh

Mike Devlin

Henry Ellard

Anthony Lynn

Bob Sutton

Lance Taylor

Dennis Thurman

Jeff Weeks

Mark Sanchez' name isn't included here because he isn't going anywhere. There's only one name that makes the most sense

What a slapdick fanbase. Booing at half after he hasn't produced is one thing, but during introductions? Maybe the missing ingredient for this team to stop being losers is the fans manning up and stop being a bunch of whining babies in middle-aged bodies. The fans were embarrassing.

We're getting Peyton? What?

Archived