Sanchez was booed during introductions?

Steveg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 games into the season Favre threw for 2,443 yards and 20 Touchdowns. He wasn't setting the world on fire, especially compared to what he did the year before and the year after. 11 Games into this year Mark Sanchez has 2,513 Yards and 18 Touchdowns. See the difference? I don't.

You better cut it out with posting facts and stuff, don't you know EY is part of the football genius brigade here?

To your point, don't forget those 20 TD's included one 6 TD performance against AZ, so in 10 games he only had 12 TD's. Favre was never lighting anything up outside of that AZ game, injured or otherwise.

Then whats with all the dump Sanchez talk? A lot of people on this board what to pin majority of the blame on him when it is CLEARLY Schottenheimer. Multiple different Quarterbacks, including a Hall of Famer in Favre, same result. Low scoring, under achieving offense.

Sanchez is a mediocre QB. Doesnt matter who the OC is/will be. Sanchez will never be good to great QB.

With that being said, Sanchez is going nowhere. He will be here until his contract is up. Luckily the team isnt run by fans. We're stuck with Sanchize whether people like it or not.

Sanchez is a mediocre QB. Doesnt matter who the OC is/will be. Sanchez will never be good to great QB.

With that being said, Sanchez is going nowhere. He will be here until his contract is up. Luckily the team isnt run by fans. We're stuck with Sanchize whether people like it or not.

agreed- have you ever seen a worse 4 TD game by an NFL quarterback in your life?

I blame the system for those struggles. We've seen this same struggles from other Quarterbacks for 6 seasons now. The slow starts to games, the low scoring, the lack of a decent passing game. When we had Favre before he got hurt, he had these same problems. Favre didn't throw for 300 yards once with the Jets. In 2007 with Green Bay, Favre was an MVP candidate, in 2009 with Minnesota, Favre was an MVP candidate, but in 2008 with the Jets, Favre was average at best. In fact, in 2010 Sanchez became the first Jets QB to throw for 300 yards since 2006. When you go that long, something is very wrong with the entire system. That is why I think in a new system, Sanchez would be fine. But certain Jets fans, who pegged Sanchez as a bust from the second he was drafted, want to dump him and continue down the same damn path, just with someone else at Quarterback.

I'll grant you that - you make some good points.

Prove he wouldn't. Your one of the ones that doesn't want to give him a shot so since you're so damn sure he can't play period prove its worth moving on to the next question mark, you're way seems a lot more severe than mine.

Burden of proof is on the guy who says something other than what we see on the field.

11 games into the season Favre threw for 2,443 yards and 20 Touchdowns. He wasn't setting the world on fire, especially compared to what he did the year before and the year after. 11 Games into this year Mark Sanchez has 2,513 Yards and 18 Touchdowns. See the difference? I don't.

You don't need to "set the world on fire". You need to have an offense that wins games. 29+ points does that. Our offense was good enough to win, and we would have, had Favre not gotten hurt.

Didnt Schotty have a good offense in San Diego? The Chargers went 14 - 2 when Marty got fired.

What I think is most alarming about Sanchex isn that he had 10 days to get his act together before the Buffalo game and almost threw the game away like the two previous losses.

Schotty was the QB coach in SD. He was Brees's QB coach when Brees became good. But, that's ignored.

Didnt Schotty have a good offense in San Diego? The Chargers went 14 - 2 when Marty got fired.

What I think is most alarming about Sanchex isn that he had 10 days to get his act together before the Buffalo game and almost threw the game away like the two previous losses.

Yeah but he only started talking to the coaching staff on day 9,

Huh? Schotty was never the Chargers OC and he was already with the Jets for years by the time that season you're referring to occurred.

Schotty was the QB coach in SD. He was Brees's QB coach when Brees became good. But, that's ignored.

It's not that it's ignored, it's completely irrelevant. Even if you say he was the greatest QB coach in the history of the NFL while with the Chargers, that says absolutely nothing about how good or bad of an OC he is. Some people just simply aren't cut out for the promotions they're given based on successes at a lower level, and this applies anywhere throughout the working world. Trust me, I worked for one of those very people for over 5 years.

Jim Leonhard is just as bad as Eric Smith. Get better in coverage first, a$$hole. I'll gladly say I was one of those assholes that were booing. Anyone else?

Didn't Leonhard prevent a TD on the last play of the game this weekend? Looked like pretty good coverage to me.

It's not that it's ignored, it's completely irrelevant. Even if you say he was the greatest QB coach in the history of the NFL while with the Chargers, that says absolutely nothing about how good or bad of an OC he is. Some people just simply aren't cut out for the promotions they're given based on successes at a lower level, and this applies anywhere throughout the working world. Trust me, I worked for one of those very people for over 5 years.

I was told every QB Schotty was around failed. Then evidence to the contrary was presented. Then the argument changed.

Schotty has the "peter principle" and the "cronyism principle" down pat.

I was told every QB Schotty was around failed. Then evidence to the contrary was presented. Then the argument changed.

Fair enough, but I suppose that all depends on the individual making the argument. I frankly could give less of a sh*t what he did in San Diego. I certainly have been less than thrilled with the relative performances of the QB's in this offense (or the performance of this offense overall), but that argument has certainly been exhausted at this point and one game in 2008 hardly does much to change my mind about that. That's not to say Sanchez will suddenly turn it all around with Schotty's a$$ booted out the door, but that also doesn't mean I want him anywhere near this team's offense anymore, or their next QB.

You don't need to "set the world on fire". You need to have an offense that wins games. 29+ points does that. Our offense was good enough to win, and we would have, had Favre not gotten hurt.

Our offense was "good enough to win" the last two years, and yet everyone bitched and complained then.

No, the burden of proof is on the people who want to take the rash action of dumping our 3rd year QB like its nothing with out exploring all options first.

1) go see my thread on how this has worked in the past.

2) no one is saying cut sanchez, but they need to start exploring upgrades asap.

Ok, you win. Schotty designed an offense where Favre got hurt. His bad.

Favre wasn't doing that great before he got hurt. His numbers through 11 games in 2008 were comparable with Sanchez's today and they were 8-3. They were likely going to lose at least two more games without the injury. They were not winning the Broncos game no matter what condition Favre was in, they struggled to win close games like that all year and they probably were going to lose to the Dolphins as well.

Favre wasn't doing that great before he got hurt. His numbers through 11 games in 2008 were comparable with Sanchez's today and they were 8-3.

Sure, they were very similar, if you ignore the fact that Favre was completing 70.6% of his passes compared to Sanchez's 56.3%.

Just to put that into perspective, 70.6% is the record for completion percentage in a season.

Sure, they were very similar, if you ignore the fact that Favre was completing 70.6% of his passes compared to Sanchez's 56.3%.

Just to put that into perspective, 70.6% is the record for completion percentage in a season.

Put that into the perspective that they still didn't move the ball. He was still on pace to throw for less than 3600 yards and less than 30 Touchdowns, all on a fairly easy schedule. They constantly struggled against or lost to bad teams like the Bengals, Raiders, Chiefs, and Bills. They were not that good.

Favre wasn't doing that great before he got hurt. His numbers through 11 games in 2008 were comparable with Sanchez's today and they were 8-3. They were likely going to lose at least two more games without the injury. They were not winning the Broncos game no matter what condition Favre was in, they struggled to win close games like that all year and they probably were going to lose to the Dolphins as well.

I told you that you win. 6 points per game difference is irrelevant.

You better cut it out with posting facts and stuff, don't you know EY is part of the football genius brigade here?

To your point, don't forget those 20 TD's included one 6 TD performance against AZ, so in 10 games he only had 12 TD's. Favre was never lighting anything up outside of that AZ game, injured or otherwise.

he was completing 70% of his passes and converting third downs... dude

damnit

And yet we were only 20th in net yards gained per passing attempt. Go figure.

his Y/A fell from 7.1 to 5.8 post injury, 7.1 puts him dead in the middle of that stat and Peyton Manning was 7.2..

we also had terrible receivers compared to what we have now, Coles was at the end of the line and Cotch was never that good

What evidence? Extrapolation? Or the Chad Pennington argument that he would have had a great year if he didn't get hurt?

Without question, Favre had good overall numbers in his first 11 games in 2008 (245/347 70% 2461yds 20 TDs and 13 INTs), but if you look closely at the games, he had inconsistent performance.

Favre had a great 3 game stretch at the end with a QBR of 117.7, 119.4, and 103.6. His prior 4 games, however, were 73.9, 47.8, 76, and 73.7.

Lastly, it is known that Favre freelanced and made Schitty change his playbook. So your best defense of Schitty is that a QB, who disregarded Schitty's playbook, had a good overall 11 games?

Lastly, it is known that Favre freelanced and made Schitty change his playbook. So your best defense of Schitty is that a QB, who disregarded Schitty's playbook, had a good overall 11 games?

no, the best defense is that he's had sh*tty qb's his whole stay here

2006: Never Was Noodle Boy

2007: Noodles and no talent Clementine

2008: Healthy Favre for 11 games, decent output.. Hurt Favre 5 games, terrible out put + as you said, he never bothered to learn the playbook

2009: Rookie qb with lewin profile of Harrington

2010: Still the model

2011: Model's playing a bit better, rest of team, most notably Oline isn't

Again, when did this team have talent that underperformed on offense? I've never looked at our roster and said, you know, this is really a top 5 offense.

no, the best defense is that he's had sh*tty qb's his whole stay here

2006: Never Was Noodle Boy

2007: Noodles and no talent Clementine

2008: Healthy Favre for 11 games, decent output.. Hurt Favre 5 games, terrible out put + as you said, he never bothered to learn the playbook

2009: Rookie qb with lewin profile of Harrington

2010: Still the model

2011: Model's playing a bit better, rest of team, most notably Oline isn't

Again, when did this team have talent that underperformed on offense? I've never looked at our roster and said, you know, this is really a top 5 offense.

Top 5? How about Top 10, which a Schitty offense has never been. Or how about Top 15, which it only has been once in 6 years?

Have you looked at this offensive roster and said, you know, this is really a bottom half of the NFL every year?

Schitty Led Offense:

2006 -- 25th

2007 -- 26th

2008 -- 16th

2009 -- 20th

2010 -- 11th

2011-- 24th

Archived