THE BEAST OF THE EAST!!!

dolphann4life

The Celtics were fortunate to get out of that series when they did. Can't see them stopping the Heat.

The Lakers might not even make it past Denver, OKC and the Spurs are the only threats to the Heat IMO.

I don't know. I think Miami cruises to the Finals and both SA and OKC get locked up in two long series to get to the Finals. That's especially bad for SA working on borrowed time at this point. Makes me think of that one Batman storyline where Bane constructs a plan to beat Batman, so he lets all the inmates out of Arkham and then Batman is too tired to fight off Bane by that point.

Miami's a really bad matchup for Indy, I'm wondering if they'll even take a game. I'm not so sure Boston will fare well against them either, because like Miami they were most certainly the beneficiaries of some horrendous officiating against Atlanta, and there's no way in hell that'll happen with Miami, who the NBA clearly wants in the Finals.

After watching today's game, especially that 4th, this is Miami's ring to lose. They have the best player, the best defense, a really good coach, and they're deep juuuust enough to mix it up in a couple different ways around Wade and Lebron to open up lanes for them at any spot on the court. They're the best 4th quarter team in the league. I think Indiana might have the deepest team in the East, and Spoelstra still found the right mix to eventually split open the baseline for them. That says a lot for what they'd face with San Antonio or OKC. They're probably too athletic for SA and if they can't be beaten on depth, I'm not so sure Durant and Westbrook are enough to overcome the the Big 2. Not to mention that Lebron's been an assassin in the 4th so far this postseason.

It's interesting how Spoelstra switched up Lebron's role for this series. He put him back in that free safety position because Indiana actually has multiple threats on the court. The Knicks were so ravaged by injuries that all he had to do was have Lebron disrupt Melo all game and everything else was cake.

If I'm Indiana, I'm resigning Barbosa next season and then going full in on Deron. Throw the kitchen sink at him. He makes so much sense for them and his contract wouldn't even hinder them up from resigning Hibbert eventually because West's contract comes off the books after next year. And if that falls through go hard after Nash. They're one All-Star away from legitimately contending for a championship. Can't even hate on Vogel if he gets swept in this series, he just doesn't have the horses. As good as Granger and George are, this is a superstar's league and you simply can not win without one, especially against Lebron.

Phantom calls galore.

Through 6 games, this is the foul split now b/t Miami and the Knicks/Indy:

Miami: 121

Knicks/Indy: 152

So basically, so far, whoever Miami plays so far averages over 5 fouls more per game. Two of those games the foul difference was as high as 9. One game was a tie. No games so far have seen the Heat having a higher foul total than who they've played.

Phantom calls galore.

sh*t is ridiculous. 8.5 line, of course. Lebron is basically ducking his head and bulldozing to the bucket, exaggerating contact and yells "AYE" call made, free throws. Miami flopping everywhere, abusing their star power with the reffing. It's hard to watch.

Indiana doesnt have a scorer when Granger is sucking and he sucks a lot. But I thought Hibbert really hurt them down low. Too bad the entire team basically started the game with 5 fouls.

Miami got a gift when Rose went out in the East. Can see them with any trouble advancing to play the West winner

The Celtics series will go to 6 at least imo.

Miami isnt as good as they were last year and idk what Bosh's story is now. The team is extremely beatable. Its just you have to beat the refs as well.

Through 6 games, this is the foul split now b/t Miami and the Knicks/Indy:

Miami: 121

Knicks/Indy: 152

So basically, so far, whoever Miami plays so far averages over 5 fouls more per game. Two of those games the foul difference was as high as 9. One game was a tie. No games so far have seen the Heat having a higher foul total than who they've played.

Today's graphic about how much time had elapsed in each quarter before Miami got into the bonus was terrific.

Today's graphic about how much time had elapsed in each quarter before Miami got into the bonus was terrific.

Though in terms of nail-on-head perfection, nothing beats the simplicity of the NBATV headline "Pacers head coach Frank Vogel fined $10,000 for criticizing Miami Heat."

Though in terms of nail-on-head perfection, nothing beats the simplicity of the NBATV headline "Pacers head coach Frank Vogel fined $10,000 for criticizing Miami Heat."

It's all so shameless. I have to think that Lebron being the first guy to win 3 MVP's and not have a ring had Stern bouncing off the walls. The officiating has been as horrible as it usually is league wide right now, but I don't know who they think they're fooling with this nonsense in the Miami games. You just know Mike Bibby was having the most horrific flashbacks of his life during Game 1 of the NY series.

It's all so shameless. I have to think that Lebron being the first guy to win 3 MVP's and not have a ring had Stern bouncing off the walls. The officiating has been as horrible as it usually is league wide right now, but I don't know who they think they're fooling with this nonsense in the Miami games. You just know Mike Bibby was having the most horrific flashbacks of his life during Game 1 of the NY series.

Think Stern intentionally or unintentionally meant to slight Lebron when he said, perhaps they should give out oscars instead of MVPs from now on, in reference to the flopping?? Seems he was just more or less talking stream of thought, but I did enjoy how it sounded.

• 1 month later...

Archived