Colts Fans on the Peyton to the Jets rumors

Maxman

Do you think Dungy has any influence with Manning? He'd probably do just about anything to keep Manning from playing for Rex.

I've seen manning refuse to come of the field on 4th down and dungy stand there with a stupid look on his face, so nope, no influence

Also, do you really think the Colts would trade him within the conference?

I don't think they'll have a choice, especially if the bonus is due before league year opens

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do realize if the Jets were to get Peyton Manning, your mancrush Schottenheimer would be shot out of the building via cannon, right?

Oh yeah I'd be devastated. My job as a fan is to keep Schottenheimer hired and in charge of the team.

Oh would I laugh my a$$ off if he stayed on when Manning came and the offense does what an offense tends to do with a real QB doing what a real QB does...Unless they Bernie Tom Moore up....

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning talks to reporters in the locker room at the NFL football team's practice facility in Indianapolis, Friday, Dec. 2, 2011. The four-time league MVP gave reporters his latest medical update Friday, saying his workouts will increase and that the next phase of rehabilitation process will include throwing the ball. / (AP Photo/Michael Conroy)

http://www.indystar....%7CIndyStar.com

Also, do you really think the Colts would trade him within the conference?

I've been waiting to drop that on chan, but wanted to give him a few more weeks, lol

he will never get traded to the jets, it's just dumb. the fact that the asking price will be historic, and he's not taking a paycut, will make it just a wee bit difficult even for trader mike. oh, and he's one hit away from eating with a straw

it's all moot anyway, all the talk is just leverage, manning want to continue to collect checks, and the colts want leverage for a trade

he'll be a redskin or seahawk, something like that

or maybe a colt, just throwing that out there

He'd finally have a D that backs him, which the Colts haven't given him in half a decade.

how many pieces of that d will be cut to make room for him ? how does the team look with no #1 pick the entire time he is here ?

a slow old guy playing behind ducasse probably won't work

lol

While I think that odds are Peyton stays a Colt I don't think that getting traded to the Jets could be shot down so quickly just because we are in the same conference.

He probably has about 3 more years of high level play in him and realistically the Colts will be in huge rebuilding mode so it's not like he would be in their way of winning the SB or anything.

Also there is no love between the Pats and Colts so dropping Peyton in the AFC East could be fun for them. Sure this alone wouldn't be a reason to trade him here but I think it could be a reason to not count the trade out right away.

While I think that odds are Peyton stays a Colt I don't think that getting traded to the Jets could be shot down so quickly just because we are in the same conference.

He probably has about 3 more years of high level play in him and realistically the Colts will be in huge rebuilding mode so it's not like he would be in their way of winning the SB or anything.

Also there is no love between the Pats and Colts so dropping Peyton in the AFC East could be fun for them. Sure this alone wouldn't be a reason to trade him here but I think it could be a reason to not count the trade out right away.

why trade a guy with 3 years of high level play in the first place ?

only way he gets traded is if he is damaged goods

and 36 year old damaged goods is not worth three #1 picks and $25 mill per

see namath as a ram, montana as a chief as examples, and they came MUCH cheaper

I don't think they trade him. I was just addressing the thought that if they did then the Jets would be out of the question right away just because they are in the same conference.

Now that were talking about this though I do remember something on ESPN a while ago where they said that Payton and Polian were on the same page of thought that if they were to draft Luck then he should get the opportunity to start from day 1 like Peyton did. If this was true then they would have to trade him.

Archived