Kenrick Ellis is starting Sunday.

SenorGato

I'm thinking 5 TKL, 3 sacks, and a couple TFL. What say you?

Oh and get this, he'll be starting at DeVito's vacated DE spot. Love it. It's exactly where I think Ellis should be, though I realize that 3-4 DL should be able to do w/e the hell they can do on a DL no matter where they're positioned.

I'm excited you snitches. This guy has a crapload of talent...His upside rivals that of Wilkerson even, though he's less likely to reach it.

I'm thinking 5 TKL, 3 sacks, and a couple TFL. What say you?

Oh and get this, he'll be starting at DeVito's vacated DE spot. Love it.

Isn't he a little bit big and slow to play end, even in a 3-4? Looks like an NT.

It's exactly where I think Ellis should be, though I realize that 3-4 DL should be able to do w/e the hell they can do on a DL no matter where they're positioned.

I'm excited you snitches. This guy has a crapload of talent...His upside rivals that of Wilkerson even, though he's less likely to reach it.

Wilkerson? That's supposed to excite us? LOL

Is this because he's been playing well or because Dixon is dinged up?

Can't say I know about Dixon, but I know Ellis has definitely shown his flashes here. I thought Dixon would be next in line too because he's really been a find.

.Isn't he a little bit big and slow to play end, even in a 3-4? Looks like an NT.

No, except for the part where he looks like a NT, which he does with possibly top tier size.

Wilkerson? That's supposed to excite us? LOL

I don't expect your basic package Jet fan to get it, but beyond that yes.

Please explain then.

Short answer: A 3-4 team couldn't give a damn whether they line up 3 guys built like Richard Seymour or 3 guys built like Vince Wilfork at the same time.

Long answer: Ellis has NT weight, but he's also 6'5 and athletic both on the field and during the combine workouts. He's a 6'5" 350 pounder who ran a 5.19 in the 40, put up an impressive 7.84 in the 3 cone, and topped it off with a 32 inch vertical. He's not idiot on the field so he gets his arms up when he can, and they're long arms (almost a full 36 inches). With his size he excels in the running game, but once in a while he can break through against the pass.

Since he's young and still has that athleticism, he's long limbed, he's not an idiot, and 3-4 DL don't care where you put them the idea of him at DE just makes sense. It's like Starlin Castro at SS...might as well do it because why the f*ck not?

He'll be a DE/DT on the first 2 downs. If he's in against the pass at all it'll be at DT/NT.

I think this kid is going to be a major force for this team going forward...

Hope so. If he plays up to his talent level in the pro's then with his size he'll be a menace for other teams to deal with. Plus Pouha is in the last year of his contract and is no spring chicken (though he probably eats plenty of them, along with anything else within arm's reach).

Short answer: A 3-4 team couldn't give a damn whether they line up 3 guys built like Richard Seymour or 3 guys built like Vince Wilfork at the same time.

Long answer: Ellis has NT weight, but he's also 6'5 and athletic both on the field and during the combine workouts. He's a 6'5" 350 pounder who ran a 5.19 in the 40, put up an impressive 7.84 in the 3 cone, and topped it off with a 32 inch vertical. He's not idiot on the field so he gets his arms up when he can, and they're long arms (almost a full 36 inches). With his size he excels in the running game, but once in a while he can break through against the pass.

Since he's young and still has that athleticism, he's long limbed, he's not an idiot, and 3-4 DL don't care where you put them the idea of him at DE just makes sense. It's like Starlin Castro at SS...might as well do it because why the f*ck not?

He'll be a DE/DT on the first 2 downs. If he's in against the pass at all it'll be at DT/NT.

Thank you, but you misunderstood.

I didn't need you to explain why you like Kenrick Ellis.

Just wanted to know why the comparison with Mo Wilk should be so exciting. What has Mo Wilk done all season? He's been solid enough but you don't really hear his name called. There was that one safety, and he blew up a couple running plays in the backfield but I don't remember anything else in the past 11 games.

I'm glad to see Ellis get some playing time, but disappointed that it had to come at the expense of DeVito, who may be our best lineman.

Thank you, but you misunderstood.

I didn't need you to explain why you like Kenrick Ellis.

Just wanted to know why the comparison with Mo Wilk should be so exciting. What has Mo Wilk done all season? He's been solid enough but you don't really hear his name called. There was that one safety, and he blew up a couple running plays in the backfield but I don't remember anything else in the past 11 games.

I'm glad to see Ellis get some playing time, but disappointed that it had to come at the expense of DeVito, who may be our best lineman.

I'm having trouble taking this seriously again...Wilkerson was one of the younger players in the draft last year and has walked right into the NFL as a 21 year old rookie DL and started. That in itself is impressive. The fact that he hasn't f'd it up alone speaks to his talent, but throw in that he's actually made some plays too? The guy is a potential stud on the DL.

And Ellis isn't stealing time from DeVito. DeVito is hurt. That's why he's not playing.

Even if this guy pans out, I would not be opposed to taking another Dlineman high in the draft.

Stockpile the trenches.

If he turns out they just need one more for the long term, and even then I'd be really happy with a long term Wilkerson - Ellis - DeVito starting DL with guys like Dixon rotating in....

I'm having trouble taking this seriously again...Wilkerson was one of the younger players in the draft last year and has walked right into the NFL as a 21 year old rookie DL and started. That in itself is impressive. The fact that he hasn't f'd it up alone speaks to his talent, but throw in that he's actually made some plays too? The guy is a potential stud on the DL.

And Ellis isn't stealing time from DeVito. DeVito is hurt. That's why he's not playing.

But give Sanchez more time.

Archived