Tom Moore to stay with Jets for "rest of the season."

T0mShane

If this isn't an indictment of Shoddy I don't know what is. They can dress up the explanation all they want but you don't drag a 71 year old man around the country to serve as some sort of half-assed mascot.

Shoddy will be out after the season. and so will Moore.

This is exactly what I was about to post.

I guess we're all ignoring the correlation between an increase in Tom Moore and an increase in Wildcat.

I guess we're also ignoring that the lack of improvement in the offense that came with his arrival to the booth this Sunday.

We scored on our first drive in spite of some ridiculous calls by shotty and we won the game with a nice drive as well. I dont think Moore was calling plays

I guess we're all ignoring the correlation between an increase in Tom Moore and an increase in Wildcat.

I guess we're also ignoring that the lack of improvement in the offense that came with his arrival to the booth this Sunday.

I thought Rex was responsible for asking that we run some Wildcat.

I thought Rex was responsible for asking that we run some Wildcat.

I assume they all combined for an "outlast" type offensive strategy that included not giving up sacks or turnovers.

The point is as always the same, while there's no support for the idea that Schotty is a good offensive coordinator, acting like Moore is the savior is probably a bit silly.

I assume they all combined for an "outlast" type offensive strategy that included not giving up sacks or turnovers.

The point is as always the same, while there's no support for the idea that Schotty is a good offensive coordinator, acting like Moore is the savior is probably a bit silly.

Oh I agree but it cannot hurt to have him help both the horrible OC and the struggling QB. They both need it.

Can't be a good sign when the guy they bring in to help the young franchise QB decides to make him a WR.

Can't be a good sign when the guy they bring in to help the young franchise QB decides to make him a WR.

New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan decided to fiddle with the offense prior to Week 13 and suggested to offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer that the team go more often with the wildcat formation. It was a strategy that succeeded on a modest scale, after requiring a considerable amount of preparation. "We're always ready for any suggestions he's ready to make," WR Santonio Holmes said of Ryan. "At this point, you go with the flow of the game. If it requires changing up, you have to be ready for changes."

2011-12-06 07:06:00 | Source: New York Daily News

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=758180#ixzz1fna5k4i0

Mark Sanchez on what Tom Moore being around the rest of the year:

I love it. I think it’s great for us because he can help the receivers, tight ends and he’s not just glued to my hip. It’s not just for the quarterback or anybody like that. It’s for everybody and he’s not shy about helping guys when they need it. He’s not one of those guys who wants to be in front of all the cameras. He’s not a me-first guy. He’s totally team-first, in the back, in the shadows, and when you need him, he’s right there to give help, so it’s great.

I love it. I think it’s great for us because he can help the receivers, tight ends and he’s not just glued to my hip. It’s not just for the quarterback or anybody like that. It’s for everybody and he’s not shy about helping guys when they need it. He’s not one of those guys who wants to be in front of all the cameras. He’s not a me-first guy. He’s totally team-first, in the back, in the shadows, and when you need him, he’s right there to give help, so it’s great.

seems overly concerned to clarify he wasn't brought here to fix his broke a$$

seems overly concerned to clarify he wasn't brought here to fix his broke a$$

"Yeah well you know, alot of these guys do have problems. Keller doesn't turn around quickly enough to see my pass drop behind him, Plaxico's height can be a DISADVANTAGE too, you know? Oh, and you guys already know how lazy that Holmes is."

So like anyone with half a brain, Im wondering..was Moore a good offensive coordinator, or was it all Manning all along? Asking because Moore may be the replacement of Schitty.

He was the Offensive Coordinator for the Steelers from 83-89. In that span, they ranked 22nd, 8th, 13th, 20th, 25th, 15th, and 28th in yards gained and 14th, 8th, 9th, 18th, 20th, 13th, and 24th in points scored. His QB's in that span were Cliff Stoudt (1983), Mark Malone (1984-1987), and Bubby Brister (1988-1989). His Running Backs were Franco Harris (1983), Frank Pollard (1984-1985), Ernest Jackson (1986-1987), Meril Hodge (1988), and Tim Worley (1989).

He was also the Coordinator in Detroit from 1994-1996. In that span, they ranked 15th, 1st, and 20th in yards gained and 6th, 2nd, and 21st in points scored. His QB's were Dave Kreig (1994), and Scott Mitchell (1995-1996). Barry Sanders was his Running Back all three years.

So, stat wise, it was a mixed bag, however those teams didn't exactly have a lot of talent outside of Sanders in Detroit.

...the anti-Schottenheimer?

Its kind of a weird late season move. Either Rex simply is grasping at straws because he just cant understand why the offense is no good, the players are tuning the coaching staff out, or Rex feels that this takes heat off Schottenheimer in the press. Im not really sure I see the purpose of it. They have enough trouble calling plays and now it goes from Shotty, thru Moore, thru Rex and then to Sanchez? Seems like alot more delays, offsides, and 12 men penalties if thats the setup.

Its kind of a weird late season move. Either Rex simply is grasping at straws because he just cant understand why the offense is no good, the players are tuning the coaching staff out, or Rex feels that this takes heat off Schottenheimer in the press. Im not really sure I see the purpose of it. They have enough trouble calling plays and now it goes from Shotty, thru Moore, thru Rex and then to Sanchez? Seems like alot more delays, offsides, and 12 men penalties if thats the setup.

Jason I think Moore listens in (since he does wear a head set) and then maybe offers some tips while the Defense is on the field so they can adjust. I dont think he ever butts in during a posession it would be way too out of control. Im not sure why Shotty does not go up in the damn booth so he can see the big picture its so hard to view a football game from the sidelines Im sure you miss a lot of small details you might catch up in the booth.

Archived