Only Jim Leonhard on punt returns

stoicsentry

Jim Leonhard is the ONLY damn punt returner on this team. I don't want to see ANYONE else back there... no one!!! Hell, I would put him back there on crucial kick returns too, at this point!

I can't believe we had to argue about having Leonhard as the punt returner last year. People bashing him for no good reason like always. He always had a good average and the point is, he does not drop the ball!!!!! Give Jim his due, everyone else (McKnight, Cromartie, Kerley) is putting it on the ground.

Who is with me?

Haha OK.

Leonhard does exactly what you want him to do. He's smarter than Cromartie or Kerley, he catches it cleanly every time and regardless he makes the first guy miss when he doesn't fair catch it. I'd rather have a sure catch over someone who could muff it up, like today.

I've been happy with Kerley. This was the first miscue of his I remember. It's got to be tough coming back from the injury and being expected to play WR, return punts and Wildcat QB. I think they should have limited him this week. I have no problem with Leonhard returning punts, but they probably want to keep from having him get too beat up. Remember, behind him at S they have E Smith, Pool who has been injured and missed games and Wilson.

Cromartie or bust. No one else yields big plays.

Leonhard had a very nice 15 yard punt return today. 15 yards may not sound like much, but it was near midfield and he really set us up. Main point is he doesn't put it on the ground, though. You guys realize we have 6 special teams turnovers? Yowza.

but Cromartie usually yields them for the other team.

Yeah he scares the hell out of me. Even today with the onsides kick. I can't believe he did it again, picking it up and running with it instead of just holding onto the ball. It's rarely mentioned when it works, but it's not worth it ever.

Yeah! lets guarantee that we wont ever return one for a TD! Leonhard is a turtle. Atleast the other guys can break one from time to time.

I'll take the guarantee of keeping the ball, with the ability to get 10-15 yards on a punt over having to bite my nails every time they punt with the chance we break one big.

I'll take the guarantee of keeping the ball, with the ability to get 10-15 yards on a punt over having to bite my nails every time they punt with the chance we break one big.

I see what youre saying, as long as its not Cro, we will be okay. Today was a fluke with Kerley, and McKnight last week. They have mucho promise.

I see what youre saying, as long as its not Cro, we will be okay. Today was a fluke with Kerley, and McKnight last week. They have mucho promise.

McKnight has done it more than once. I would like to look up the numbers, I think he's responsible for at least 3 of the 6 special teams turnovers. That would mean Kerley has done it twice and Cromartie once.

I don't like using critical starters on any return job

let kerley do it. I know he dropped one today, but if jimmy gets hurt, we're done

d-o-n-e

I agree - Leonard is the surest hands we have - but if he gets dinged - we're hosed

Archived