Can We End the Cromartie Experiment This Offseason?

TNJet

I don't like this guy at all. He is a liability in every aspect of the game... besides great speed. The dude is borderline retarded, he always makes bonehead elementary mistakes that I dont even think Kyle Wilson would make if he started opposite Revis. He constantly holds for PI calls, cant tackle a middle school runningback, gets burnt by below average wrs, and also muffs kickoffs every two weeks. I just cant stand this turd, he makes Rhodes seem like a hall of famer with his stupidity. Please jets turn him lose, we dont need him, just draft a decent cb in the 3rd rnd.

Cromartie looks significantly worse than he is because Revis never give up anything.

Wide Receivers get open...

Football is played by two teams trying to win. Not the Jets who either win, or screw up and lose.

Tired of this too. The guy just sucks basicly, accept it. He does nothing to well. Wilson has been a much better cb this year.

what is a reasonable expectation of passing yards given up by the jets defense ? 50 ? 60 ?

my god, there are NFL QB's, you are going to give up completions, first downs, and touchdowns

it's the freakin NFL

what about the pass interferences on 3rd and long?? or the muffed kicks when we are already down? or the mistackles that make a 5 yd gain a 35 yarder? Its the NFL yes, but thats a bad player as well, and they do exhist. I just dont want many on the Jets.

Tired of this too. The guy just sucks basicly, accept it. He does nothing to well. Wilson has been a much better cb this year.

............. u are insane. Cromartie is much better then wilson and a really solid 2nd CB

He gets thrown to a lot since hes covering the 2nd best reciever. I thought he did a great job against moss today.

............. u are insane. Cromartie is much better then wilson and a really solid 2nd CB

He gets thrown to a lot since hes covering the 2nd best reciever. I thought he did a great job against moss today.

Give this thread a few hrs, you'll find I'm probably not in the minority here. Dude is a complete dumbass player. Living off his 9 int 2006 season. Never see that by him again count on it.

Be tired all you want. You'll be wrong along with it.

Cromartie is not the problem. He's a pretty solid #2.

Sooo none of things Ive mentioned irritates you? I honestly think his errors far surpass his positives. Not wrong,sorry.

Give this thread a few hrs, you'll find I'm probably not in the minority here. Dude is a complete dumbass player. Living off his 9 int 2006 season. Never see that by him again count on it.

LOL. Wilson is better? Jason just posted he's been giving up a 70% completion rate through a week or two ago. Just because others on the board are insane doesn't mean you are not.

Sooo none of things Ive mentioned irritates you? I honestly think his errors far surpass his positives. Not wrong,sorry.

Yes, it bothers me. I'd love him to be elite. But, he's our 2nd corner. I don't expect it.

Should the Redskins cut Josh Wilson at the end of the year?

LOL. Wilson is better? Jason just posted he's been giving up a 70% completion rate through a week or two ago. Just because others on the board are insane doesn't mean you are not.

Oh #27TD, you know its just your job to disagree with me ;) lol.

Yes, it bothers me. I'd love him to be elite. But, he's our 2nd corner. I don't expect it.

Should the Redskins cut Josh Wilson at the end of the year?

REMEMBER ARRON GLEN AND MARCUS COLEMAN? Neither were idiots. Both were very good cbs. Not excellent and terrible opposite one another like Revis and Cro.

So, it was neither Sanchez, nor Holmes that deserves credit for the Jets winning touchdown today, but rather simply a bad play by Josh Wilson.

Got it.

Josh Wilson is a better player than Cromartie. I know that everyone gets beaten from time to time, just like how Revis gave up a few to stevie johnson. Cromartie sucks at alot of things. We can easily upgrade for less money man. If he is so good, why did Rex want to sell the farm for Asomugha?

His game's fine. His contract? Different story.

Im not even sure its that bad, though I would expect it to be tweaked this offseason. Tough to really find a good contract for him. Hes like a tweener 1/2. He could get #1 type money for a bad team which makes a team like the Jets have to overpay the number 2 level. I still think its a waste to invest so much cap money in corners, but unfortunately the very slow development of Kyle Wilson forced the Jets to bring back Cromartie likely due to Rexs wishes.

Josh Wilson is a better player than Cromartie. I know that everyone gets beaten from time to time, just like how Revis gave up a few to stevie johnson. Cromartie sucks at alot of things. We can easily upgrade for less money man. If he is so good, why did Rex want to sell the farm for Asomugha?

Josh Wilson has 11 pass defensed. Cromatie has 10 pass defensed, 3 INTs, and 1 FF.

Now, unless you're going to tell me that you watch Redskins games on the regular, I think it's safe to say you just made that up.

Asomugha is a superstar. Or, he was. They went after him because Rex loves DBs and he was available.

Because Asomugha was supposed to be as good as Revis, which isn't something that you can realistically ask every cornerback to be. Just look at Aso in Philly, he's closer to Cro than Revis.

Josh Wilson has 11 pass defensed. Cromatie has 10 pass defensed, 3 INTs, and 1 FF.

Now, unless you're going to tell me that you watch Redskins games on the regular, I think it's safe to say you just made that up.

Asomugha is a superstar. Or, he was. They went after him because Rex loves DBs and he was available.

wouldnt it be safe to say Cro gets thrown to more being opposite the best cb in the league? Thats more oppotunities to get ints than Wilson does. Wilson is also a bit on the short side, about 5-9 causing him to have trouble getting picks. Cro always gives up first downs (from pass interference) when we should be forcing a team to punt. That is a freaking liability any way you look at it.

Cro drives me crazy and he's overpaid, but he's still a solid #2. Wilson has shaky moments too, especially last couple of games. But they play the toughest position in this Defense given the blitz designs. I like both of them. But they both look lost at times and Cro issss overpaid. Still can't think of any 1-2-3's better. So it is what it is, as a fan sometimes you look for perfection you'll never find. But they are a strength of the D along with the DL and Harris imo.

wouldnt it be safe to say Cro gets thrown to more being opposite the best cb in the league? Thats more oppotunities to get ints than Wilson does. Wilson is also a bit on the short side, about 5-9 causing him to have trouble getting picks. Cro always gives up first downs (from pass interference) when we should be forcing a team to punt. That is a freaking liability any way you look at it.

Always?

Amazing that the Jets still have the 7th ranked pass defense in the league with this trash.

Im not even sure its that bad, though I would expect it to be tweaked this offseason. Tough to really find a good contract for him. Hes like a tweener 1/2. He could get #1 type money for a bad team which makes a team like the Jets have to overpay the number 2 level. I still think its a waste to invest so much cap money in corners, but unfortunately the very slow development of Kyle Wilson forced the Jets to bring back Cromartie likely due to Rexs wishes.

Exactly this.

Cromartie's not even all that bad...and he's deadly if/when he does have the ball in his hands.

That's the thing. Cro's worth the money for some teams, not on this one. None of our impact players are on the cheap and Cro's probably the best example, or Holmes. Wilkerson will probably get there eventually, but that's just one guy. One of the main areas where we're behind a lot of the other contenders is that none of the guys who keep us in games every week are on their rookie deals. That's a problem.

Always?

Amazing that the Jets still have the 7th ranked pass defense in the league with this trash.

Good god dude, cromartie is better than eric smith and jim leonhard if it makes you feel any better...they are what needs the most upgrade, they have no speed or covering ability they just hit hard. I just will never like Cromartie, end of story, and obviously you will never stop defending him. Lets end this mess. We both love the jets hopefully. Goodnight.

This is almost as funny as when you made up the "Bart Scott leads the league in missed tackles" stat over the summer.

This is almost as funny as when you made up the "Bart Scott leads the league in missed tackles" stat over the summer.

Yeah well i'm not the numbers guy that checks all the percentages like some of the fanatics on here, but Bart Scott isnt elite at all. Upgrade Scott, Cro,Leonhard and E.Smith and we have the #1 defense again.

Truthfully? I think Cromartie is overrated. If we can get rid of him in the off-season, we should. Let's not forget that our defense in 2009 was the #1 ranked defense with Lito ******* Sheppard. We need to invest our money into something else like a pass rusher or a coverage safety. Cromartie was a huge part of the loss in Oakland and he could of lost us the season with his bonehead plays against Buffalo. The muffed punt hurt us dramatically; I swear I turned to my cousin the very next second and I told him Cromartie will give up a TD.

If we can, we need to move on from him. It was a horrible contract.

Archived